Diageo Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Line Spotter (Current Employee) –  Runcorn1 November 2018
Worked here as an agency worker now for nearly 4 months and have never worked in a place like it, very laid back atmosphere as long as you are doing your job, fair break times and plenty of advancement opportunities, as an agency worker however job security is dependant upon whether or not they like you, and if you do manage to get a contract with Diageo instead of an agency the likelihood is that you’ll be on a 12 month contract that will need reviewing every year, which still does not feel very secure.
Pros
Canteen food is cheap, laid back atmosphere, very friendly staff, accessible by bus
Cons
Long hours as an agency worker, job security is questionable
Absolutely Abhorrent Company
Operator (Former Employee) –  Distillation & Maturation29 October 2018
Put simply, Diageo are a horrid and incredibly nasty organisation who treat their staff like dirt.

If you work in an office doing marketing or whatever, then you'll be fine no doubt. Working on one of their distillery or malting sites in Scotland, however, is a very different story.

As a dismissed employee who lasted less than a year, I can say the only thing that impressed me about them was how awful they truly were. I could not have imagined it from such a big and well known business with such famous brands. They are now run by young, clueless and ruthless management who are only interested in colouring in red and green circles on a chart. I was dismissed after making an honest mistake, and they put more effort into the investigation and disciplinary process, than helping to do the job they hired me for. They cannot start a witch-hunt quickly enough when something goes wrong and you are grossly over-punished. I am just the latest in a huge line of people who have been pushed out over the years, some of whom, have done next to nothing.

The GMB trade union deals with more dismissals from this company than any other, which says it all. Their arrogance and self-righteousness are astounding. I would not wish them on anyone and am so sorry for almost everyone who works in their Distillation & Maturation business, at least.
Cons
Where to even begin
Forward thinking and progressive organisation
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 October 2018
Forward thinking and progressive organisation that invests in its people. Would recommend the company as one of the best places to work in the UK. Good products and great people.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Good pay
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Leven, Fife26 October 2018
Its only the good pay that keeps me there I'm on a temp contract so I can get paid off with just a few days notice.
When I start work I have no idea what job I will be on for that night so I have no way to prepare.
Muy profesionales y con posibilidad de ascender dentro de la compañía
Executive Account (Former Employee) –  Londres24 October 2018
Muy positiva. La volvería a repetir. Me gusta los valores que defiende la compañía y como cuidan a los empleados.
Stock Controller (Former Employee) –  Leven, Fife16 July 2018
Worked here for 20 years had to leave for personal reasons but would go back in a second. Met some great friends there many of which still work there. Can't and would not say anything bad about any of the management. They were all good. We regularly went out on nights out.
Pros
Gym, Shop for cheap drink.
Cons
EXcellent company to work for
Internship (Former Employee) –  Various sites28 May 2018
Gained a lot of experience during my Career Ready Programme. The staff were great and treated me with respect. They were very keen to assist me during my time at work and treated me like a colleague.
Nepotism, Bullying
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Leven, Fife26 May 2018
Avoid, Avoid, Avoid
Used to be a good company, but slowly getting worse, company values are out the window, bullying arrogant management, unbelievable blatant nepotism, you won't believe how bad the job for the boys mentality is in this place, alright though if your related to the Management. Good perks though, drink allowance, free shares etc. But if you want managements friends and family taking all the jobs available, and getting promoted before you, this is the place for you.
Pros
Free Drinks Allowance, Free Company Shares
Cons
Nepotism, Arrogant Management
Great work place
SUPPLY CHAIN ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Glasgow24 April 2018
Great work place, the people are very friendly and helpful. Moreover, I love the culture there, there will be some events for the employees and it will be fun
Good benefits, care about employees
Supply Chain Excellence Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow9 April 2018
Positive place to work, management in some areas is of a lower standard than other, benefits and package advantageous. Great facilities and seem to care about their people.
Pros
Overall package
Cons
Long hrs, travel
Average/Good company
Maintenance Planner (Engineer) (Current Employee) –  Scotland2 April 2018
Good job security and willing to provide tools to improve your skills as an employee.
Average company to work for in terms of management decision making, Rarely look to advance talent within the company preferring to look externally for lead roles.
n/a
Service Delivery Analyst (Former Employee) –  London29 March 2018
Hopefully the last of these I have to do before I can actually apply for jobs on here. Diageo was great as there is a bar in the building and the drinks were dirt cheap for employees.
Great
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Leven, Fife24 January 2018
Brilliant place to work, relaxed environment, training provided, co workers are brand new.
Overtime is well paid and the Work balance is perfect, management are great
Pros
Great salary
Nepotism/No Company Values
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Diageo Leven7 December 2017
Management is very mercenary, Company Values are non existent
Nepotism is rife, and i mean way out of control. Mention it and that is you out the door. Team Leaders really need to go on management courses, the way they speak to people is atrocious. Every 3 years they change everything with management reshuffles, Bullying culture from Managers up to Directors. The blame for being inept is always passed down the chain. Did i mention the NEPOTISM
Pros
Shares, Drink Allowance
Cons
Bad Management, Bullying, Nepotism
Productive and good workplace
Internship (Former Employee) –  Cameron Bridge, Fife3 November 2017
I had a great time working during my internship at DIAGEO and would love the opportunity to return. I was taken in to friendly,helpful people and they showed me the ropes.
Pros
Good lunches and good hours
Cons
Working in all conditions
Busy but loved every bit of it, would not change a thing about my life with the company.
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Brora, Highland24 October 2017
Constantly on the go. Having to deal with a wide range of things every day. Dealing with contractors, budgets, health & safety, compliance, production, quality, energy, personnel, auditors , general public visiting site.
Good place to work.
Shareholder Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh2 October 2017
Fantastic place to work.

Good work life balance, with excellent benefits package.

Constant restructuring of the business makes it difficult have any job security.
Pros
Free fruit
Cons
No job security
Productive workplace
Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Fife30 July 2017
I work four nights a week on back shift . Check where you have been maned to every night . Do a hand over with person you are taking over from to see if there has been any problems that day .Management relies on you to use your own initiative to keep the production line running at maximum performance.
Great Place to work
Credit Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Park Royal Station, Greater London1 June 2017
A great industry to be part of, varied, dynamic and a great attitude to developing the best product within the industry.

Team were good to work with. The role required the handover of the credit function to their SCC.

Training staff and ensuring that data integrity was most rewarding, especially as the handover to the SCC went really smoothly.
Disappointing place to work
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow10 April 2017
I loved my job here for the first year and a half and then was severely bullied by my boss for sticking up for and becoming close friends to another colleague. As i worked in HR at the time, the entire department turned against me and i was severely let down. I ended up leaving after a lengthy battle with my boss.
Would NOT recommend this company to anyone.