Diageo Employee Reviews

Nepotism/No Company Values
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Diageo Leven7 December 2017
Management is very mercenary, Company Values are non existent
Nepotism is rife, and i mean way out of control. Mention it and that is you out the door. Team Leaders really need to go on management courses, the way they speak to people is atrocious. Every 3 years they change everything with management reshuffles, Bullying culture from Managers up to Directors. The blame for being inept is always passed down the chain. Did i mention the NEPOTISM
Pros
Shares, Drink Allowance
Cons
Bad Management, Bullying, Nepotism
Busy but loved every bit of it, would not change a thing about my life with the company.
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Brora, Highland24 October 2017
Constantly on the go. Having to deal with a wide range of things every day. Dealing with contractors, budgets, health & safety, compliance, production, quality, energy, personnel, auditors , general public visiting site.
Good place to work.
Shareholder Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh2 October 2017
Fantastic place to work.

Good work life balance, with excellent benefits package.

Constant restructuring of the business makes it difficult have any job security.
Pros
Free fruit
Cons
No job security
Productive workplace
Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Fife30 July 2017
I work four nights a week on back shift . Check where you have been maned to every night . Do a hand over with person you are taking over from to see if there has been any problems that day .Management relies on you to use your own initiative to keep the production line running at maximum performance.
Great Place to work
Credit Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Park Royal Station, Greater London1 June 2017
A great industry to be part of, varied, dynamic and a great attitude to developing the best product within the industry.

Team were good to work with. The role required the handover of the credit function to their SCC.

Training staff and ensuring that data integrity was most rewarding, especially as the handover to the SCC went really smoothly.
Disappointing place to work
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow10 April 2017
I loved my job here for the first year and a half and then was severely bullied by my boss for sticking up for and becoming close friends to another colleague. As i worked in HR at the time, the entire department turned against me and i was severely let down. I ended up leaving after a lengthy battle with my boss.
Would NOT recommend this company to anyone.
A great way to start a career!
Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  Moray9 April 2017
The company offer a modern apprenticeship to young people (male or female) and help you to develop your knowledge and skills.
They help you grow and to become a confident individual to strive for the best.
Good but...
Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 April 2017
A truly great company to work for with excellent products, good location (I worked in the London office), flexible working opportunities, good benefits and even an onsite shop, gym and bar. I met some brilliant people and built friendships.

However, job security is definitely not a given especially if you have been at the company less than two years as I was. When it was clear that there was a restructure, I tried to apply for a role that was very similar to what I had been doing but did not get it as I did not have the support of the manager. The role went to someone else who was lovely about the whole thing as we were friendly. There were no problems between us as it was not her fault that she got it but I think the fact that my line manager failed to press my case (because in their opinion, I was not qualified for the role despite the good feedback that I received from the team advertising the position) certainly undermined my application. I appreciate that I did make mistakes during my time there but I feel that they were exaggerated and the support from my manager was limited especially when it came to finding a new role.

I think the company will continue to grow, expand and attract skilled people but unfortunately, I believe that those who have been there longer and have been able to build relationships will do better whilst those who have been there a short time will continue to be disproportionately affected by the numerous reorganisations that Diageo has.
Pros
Excellent facilities, some good people, great location, good benefits
Cons
Constant reorgs undermining job security, too many managers getting rid of those they see as a threat
A good Company to work for
Data Domain Lead - Product (Former Employee) –  Glasgow30 March 2017
I worked for Diageo for 27 years before I became redundant. Benefits with this company are excellent although Pension deals have changed and new employees do not get the same deal as I had.
Job Security is not a given as many "long term" people were made redundant - if a company needs to streamline then loyalty is not rewarded. Advancement is not readily available to long term employees - it is easier to get a higher paid job if you come from outwith the company straight into it.
Salary rates are reasonable
Pros
great benefits such as product allowance, private health care etc
Cons
no loyalty to long term employees, advancement can be difficult within the company
Fun working enviroment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow14 March 2017
As this was my first oportunity in a woring enviroment, i feel this taught me a lot about different things which can occur in the workplace. Even though my internship was only for 4 weeks I felt learned a lot about working with people.
Productive and fun
Customer Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh27 February 2017
Productive and fun place to work. Location is good for travelling from Fife and the city centre if needed. Tram stop right outside the building as well. Easy to learn things.
Good company
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Alloa12 February 2017
Hard physical work, must be a team player. good conditions but most workers contract only so job security is not there. Reasonable hours, but you must be fit.
Pros
Near my home
Cons
Contract
excessive number of managers
dogsbody (Current Employee) –  Shieldhall12 January 2017
no independant thought allowed , a ticksheet mentallity exists ,very limited opportunitis for advancement . Prefers to recruit less qualified people from outside rathe than promote from within. Have never seen a production facility so overburdened by managers , struggle to see what management actually does as their is so much duplication of roles.
Used to be a great place to work , but Diageo corporate management is destroying benefits,Pensions etc and has started down the route of offloading production roles to outside agencies whose pay and benefits are greatly inferior. eventually there will be no direct Diageo employees on the site.
They made £3 billion (yes Billion) last year and it is still not enough.
No problem paying out obscene salaries to top nmanagers though.
Pros
not many
Cons
company is actively seeking to offload its workforce to outside agencies.
Excellent company
PA to Public Affairs Dir (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 January 2017
Diary management
travel/visa requests
Learnt about different operating systems
Great team
Fab benefits and work place
Too many processes/red tape
Benefits
Cons
Journey
Great place to wrok
Commercial Project Manager (Former Employee) –  London21 November 2016
No day the same

Great culture

Great benefits

Great people

Great industry

Exciting brands to work with

Great development opportunities
Pros
Free stock
Cons
Not many
old family business
Ex Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Runcorn14 October 2016
Worked their for over 21 years...was a very family orientated business. A fun place to work and they looked after their staff. Great salary and benefits negotiated by a good trade union. They seem to be offloading staff with long service now so that they can employ agency workers for lower pay. They tend to promote people from the production lines as Managers when they have little or no qualifications.
Pros
Good Salary, pension and work life balance.
Cons
Not enough screening to get the right people for the roles.
Diageo PLC is one of the most worker care oriented companies that I have ever worked for
Independant Auditor (Former Employee) –  Shieldhall Glasgow13 September 2016
My time at Diageo was challenging day to day, but despite having achieved the necessary qualifications, which the company provided training and tuition for, I was dealing with different managers and operators every day, thus developing great communication skills in the process.
You were always given the opportunity to progress within the company.
There is always a high profile on worker safety awareness.
The small team that I worked with communicated well and always had a smooth handover from shift to shift and would contact from home if needed.
The hardest part of the job as auditor, was that your decision or audit results would sometimes result in an operator being reprimanded, but as an auditor you must make your decisions professionally and impartially. and for the wellbeing of the operators,
The most enjoyable part of the job was to get an email or message from a manager or visitor who had visited our plant in Glasgow congratulating me on my passion for the quality of our product and of our robust quality systems
excellent place to work
Global Manager (Current Employee) –  London3 September 2016
very people oriented, culture of stability great culture of balance personal and professional life

company socially responsable
Pros
all
Cons
Horrible company to work for.
Production Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Leven29 August 2016
management is shocking. Ok if your face fits. Job security if your a Temporary worker, and again if your face fits is terrible. Team leaders are needing to go on courses, to learn how to speak to there staff. Only good thing about this company are the wages. If your a full timer, lots of perks with the job, but if your a temp, you get nothing. No security, unless you sook up to the team leaders, which they all have there favourites. Would not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Wages
Cons
no job security
Family atmosphere
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kilmarnock20 July 2016
A fun place to work,covering production brake downs,starting new projects to improve productivity.A good pension and share scheme.Pity it shut down.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diageo. Our community is ready to answer.