Diageo Employee Reviews

EXcellent company to work for
Internship (Former Employee) –  Various sites28 May 2018
Gained a lot of experience during my Career Ready Programme. The staff were great and treated me with respect. They were very keen to assist me during my time at work and treated me like a colleague.
Nepotism, Bullying
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Leven, Fife26 May 2018
Avoid, Avoid, Avoid
Used to be a good company, but slowly getting worse, company values are out the window, bullying arrogant management, unbelievable blatant nepotism, you won't believe how bad the job for the boys mentality is in this place, alright though if your related to the Management. Good perks though, drink allowance, free shares etc. But if you want managements friends and family taking all the jobs available, and getting promoted before you, this is the place for you.
Pros
Free Drinks Allowance, Free Company Shares
Cons
Nepotism, Arrogant Management
Great work place
SUPPLY CHAIN ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Glasgow24 April 2018
Great work place, the people are very friendly and helpful. Moreover, I love the culture there, there will be some events for the employees and it will be fun
Good benefits, care about employees
Supply Chain Excellence Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow9 April 2018
Positive place to work, management in some areas is of a lower standard than other, benefits and package advantageous. Great facilities and seem to care about their people.
Pros
Overall package
Cons
Long hrs, travel
Average/Good company
Maintenance Planner (Engineer) (Current Employee) –  Scotland2 April 2018
Good job security and willing to provide tools to improve your skills as an employee.
Average company to work for in terms of management decision making, Rarely look to advance talent within the company preferring to look externally for lead roles.
n/a
Service Delivery Analyst (Former Employee) –  London29 March 2018
Hopefully the last of these I have to do before I can actually apply for jobs on here. Diageo was great as there is a bar in the building and the drinks were dirt cheap for employees.
Great
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Leven, Fife24 January 2018
Brilliant place to work, relaxed environment, training provided, co workers are brand new.
Overtime is well paid and the Work balance is perfect, management are great
Pros
Great salary
Nepotism/No Company Values
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Diageo Leven7 December 2017
Management is very mercenary, Company Values are non existent
Nepotism is rife, and i mean way out of control. Mention it and that is you out the door. Team Leaders really need to go on management courses, the way they speak to people is atrocious. Every 3 years they change everything with management reshuffles, Bullying culture from Managers up to Directors. The blame for being inept is always passed down the chain. Did i mention the NEPOTISM
Pros
Shares, Drink Allowance
Cons
Bad Management, Bullying, Nepotism
Productive and good workplace
Internship (Former Employee) –  Cameron Bridge, Fife3 November 2017
I had a great time working during my internship at DIAGEO and would love the opportunity to return. I was taken in to friendly,helpful people and they showed me the ropes.
Pros
Good lunches and good hours
Cons
Working in all conditions
Busy but loved every bit of it, would not change a thing about my life with the company.
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Brora, Highland24 October 2017
Constantly on the go. Having to deal with a wide range of things every day. Dealing with contractors, budgets, health & safety, compliance, production, quality, energy, personnel, auditors , general public visiting site.
Good place to work.
Shareholder Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh2 October 2017
Fantastic place to work.

Good work life balance, with excellent benefits package.

Constant restructuring of the business makes it difficult have any job security.
Pros
Free fruit
Cons
No job security
Productive workplace
Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Fife30 July 2017
I work four nights a week on back shift . Check where you have been maned to every night . Do a hand over with person you are taking over from to see if there has been any problems that day .Management relies on you to use your own initiative to keep the production line running at maximum performance.
Great Place to work
Credit Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Park Royal Station, Greater London1 June 2017
A great industry to be part of, varied, dynamic and a great attitude to developing the best product within the industry.

Team were good to work with. The role required the handover of the credit function to their SCC.

Training staff and ensuring that data integrity was most rewarding, especially as the handover to the SCC went really smoothly.
Disappointing place to work
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow10 April 2017
I loved my job here for the first year and a half and then was severely bullied by my boss for sticking up for and becoming close friends to another colleague. As i worked in HR at the time, the entire department turned against me and i was severely let down. I ended up leaving after a lengthy battle with my boss.
Would NOT recommend this company to anyone.
A great way to start a career!
Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  Moray9 April 2017
The company offer a modern apprenticeship to young people (male or female) and help you to develop your knowledge and skills.
They help you grow and to become a confident individual to strive for the best.
Good but...
Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 April 2017
A truly great company to work for with excellent products, good location (I worked in the London office), flexible working opportunities, good benefits and even an onsite shop, gym and bar. I met some brilliant people and built friendships.

However, job security is definitely not a given especially if you have been at the company less than two years as I was. When it was clear that there was a restructure, I tried to apply for a role that was very similar to what I had been doing but did not get it as I did not have the support of the manager. The role went to someone else who was lovely about the whole thing as we were friendly. There were no problems between us as it was not her fault that she got it but I think the fact that my line manager failed to press my case (because in their opinion, I was not qualified for the role despite the good feedback that I received from the team advertising the position) certainly undermined my application. I appreciate that I did make mistakes during my time there but I feel that they were exaggerated and the support from my manager was limited especially when it came to finding a new role.

I think the company will continue to grow, expand and attract skilled people but unfortunately, I believe that those who have been there longer and have been able to build relationships will do better whilst those who have been there a short time will continue to be disproportionately affected by the numerous reorganisations that Diageo has.
Pros
Excellent facilities, some good people, great location, good benefits
Cons
Constant reorgs undermining job security, too many managers getting rid of those they see as a threat
A good Company to work for
Data Domain Lead - Product (Former Employee) –  Glasgow30 March 2017
I worked for Diageo for 27 years before I became redundant. Benefits with this company are excellent although Pension deals have changed and new employees do not get the same deal as I had.
Job Security is not a given as many "long term" people were made redundant - if a company needs to streamline then loyalty is not rewarded. Advancement is not readily available to long term employees - it is easier to get a higher paid job if you come from outwith the company straight into it.
Salary rates are reasonable
Pros
great benefits such as product allowance, private health care etc
Cons
no loyalty to long term employees, advancement can be difficult within the company
Fun working enviroment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow14 March 2017
As this was my first oportunity in a woring enviroment, i feel this taught me a lot about different things which can occur in the workplace. Even though my internship was only for 4 weeks I felt learned a lot about working with people.
Productive and fun
Customer Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh27 February 2017
Productive and fun place to work. Location is good for travelling from Fife and the city centre if needed. Tram stop right outside the building as well. Easy to learn things.
Good company
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Alloa12 February 2017
Hard physical work, must be a team player. good conditions but most workers contract only so job security is not there. Reasonable hours, but you must be fit.
Pros
Near my home
Cons
Contract

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Diageo. Our community is ready to answer.