Dfs Employee Reviews

Frame assembler for DFS
Frame Assembler (Former Employee) –  Heanor, Derbyshire10 October 2019
I was a frame assembler for dfs Heanor Gate for just over 2 year if you want a stressful job then this is the job for you! Eventually you will be on piece work which is a joke there is no fall back rate! Fighting and arguing for the best/biggest job.. even though there are a certain few people that ALWAYS get the best jobs! The Management is a joke also they are just bothered about the certain few assemblers DO NOT WORK HERE!!
Don’t work here!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Wednesbury, West Midlands29 September 2019
Iv worked 12 months for dfs n it has to be the worst 12 months of my life and the worst job Iv ever had. You get no breaks have to work through the tacho break everyday otherwise youl never finish. Too many drops so much you have to go back pick up more n carry on. Your working with agency staff who don’t know the job. You won’t get time off when you need it ever.
Awful
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bristol30 June 2019
If you like working 12 to 15 hours a day without a break, go for it. To only do nearer 12 hours you will have to break the law and work through tachograph breaks. Lorries overloaded also. Very physical work, but no sick pay if injured on the job, or at all. DFS do not care what happens to you, they will work you until you drop, or have a breakdown. Please avoid at all costs. They do pay well which can trap you there.
Pros
Colleagues were great. Pay.
Cons
The job, DFS as a whole.
Driver Milton Keynes
Driver (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire13 June 2019
Work for Dfs at your peril. Everything inwas told at the interview was complete lies. Tell you they give you all this training and had none. Didnt even give me a driving assesment. One day in the warehouse and was straight on the road. The guys dont have time to train you on the job because the workload is ridiculous.
Forcing drivers to run illegally because there is not enough time to take breaks unless you constantly be late back every night. If you want to earn some money but have no sort of life this maybe the job for you.
If not steer well clear of this company.
I have been working for over 30 years and this is by far the worst company i have ever worked at.
Avoid at all costs
Pros
Good lads money ok
Cons
Long hours management could not care less about their workers
Dfs delivery driver wednesbury cdc
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Dfs wednesbury5 June 2019
Your first week will be spent in the warehouse either loading sofas on to trailers or taking them off the cargo trailers which are huge and hard work also signing loads of paper work manual handling etc then I was sent out with a experienced driver who was quite good to he honest but there was only 10 drops on and whilst doing a job the van was on tacho break this was done twice whilst i was there literally only 15 to 20 mins to eat my food i think this is regular practice there because of the amount of drops there is no time for a break I was there for almost 2 weeks and I was starting to get lower back pain if you get between 12 to 14 drops good luck to you the job is hard it's hard graft picking up sofas all day everyday if you like lifting heavy sofas then go for it but it will take its toll on your body have some naproxen handy!
Pros
Good pay benefits
Cons
Long hrs no break too many drops hard graft
Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  West Midlands17 April 2019
This is one bad company to work for they ask you to breach your taco Breaks they ask you to put your rest period as break when you’re on loading the vehicles that is a federal offence the managers they bully you and harass you I don’t even know how they’ve got away with it for so many years but vosa To come in and do their investigation and speak to the drivers you work too many hours and you have no lifestyle they constantly pestering you to work your days off rest periods
Pros
Birmingham
Cons
12 hours day
Everyone moody
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Enfield9 April 2019
No break's loaded up with too much work. Moody staff and every one moans about the job which brings you down. Good pay but that's it. Hard graft lugging massive sofas upstairs. Was told by a dfs employee on my interview to make a run for it
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Everything bad
Workload to much
Driver / co-driver (Current Employee) –  Wednesbury, West Midlands24 March 2019
Delivery driver / co- driver for DFS, workload was far too much onwards and upwards of 16/17 deliveries a day. No work life balance you must work your breaks in order to have any chance of finishing on time. Management only think of theirselves and their figures. No room for progression and enforced overtime. Loads can be dangerous as vans are rammed everyday. If your co-driver isn’t in that day, they send you out with whoever turns up with no training at all. If you want to work late and not have a dinner break due to quantity of jobs and workload then join. Not paid enough for the work you have to do!!
Pros
Going home
Cons
Workload & not enough time in the day to complete
Worst job ever !
7.5t Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Kent24 December 2018
Worked for this company for 8 months, worst 8 months of my life !
Constant enforced overtime as impossible to complete a "day's work" within your shift & they don't allow you to finish until all deliveries done - regardless how many they load on you.
Constantly working illegally as no time to actually stop for a break, if you are happy to put tachograph into break & carry on working then apply for a job here.
Due to having to work every other Saturday & the enforced overtime you won't see much of your family or friends, basically cancel your life outside DFS !!
Pros
Cons
Most things
Worst of the worst
Driver (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester31 October 2018
Horrible place shocking management .
Forced to work days off and overtime .
No health and safety for drivers .
Wages are ok but not for the physical work and hours .
Sofas cheaply made and always come damaged .
Steer clear of this one 100% .
Salesmen promise customers drivers can fit a square sofa through a round hole .
Overall one of the worst places I have worked would not recommend to anyone.
Pros
Wage
Cons
Long hours carrying sofas upstairs
Nepotism of the highest order!
Sales Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sidcup18 October 2018
If you are related to Management you will do well and not be expected to do the work that everybody else is doing. You will be exempt from threats and mistakes overlooked.
Otherwise the culture is toxic. Expected to stay to finish work that it was impossible to do inside your paid hours. No overtime paid. 5 phone lines into the office, 2 staff to answer and they rang constantly. Management are little more than bullies, always on the look out for their next victim.
The furniture is mostly poor quality, thrown together rubbish. Hand made? Pah!
Rotten to the core-avoid at all costs
Pros
Wages slightly better than industry standard
Cons
Bullying culture, long hours, nepotism
If you want depression and anxiety work for dfs
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Brentford, Greater London13 October 2018
You are totally in appreciated they want you to go far and beyond work over time hours and not get paid for it do a 3 person job all by yourself and expect you to finish everything by the end of the day they will not care if the work is to much but will work you out until you have a nervous breakdown
Pros
Abosolutly nothing the pay isn’t even worth it
Cons
Absolutely no support and you are thrown in
Great family feel
Sales Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Northampton19 August 2018
Dfs are a great place to work, able to voice things and listened to. Regular Monday to friday so suitable for people who like weekends. Great people
Benefits
Cons
Pay
No appreciation. You are just a number.
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kent11 August 2018
There’s no structure for caring of people, you get thrown in and left. You are just a number and another body doing the job like a robot. Worked at 100mph and got so much pressure but for no appreciation. Hardly any routes to progress, unless you’re married to someone high up it seems it’s near on impossible to succeed. Constantly short staffed but not a care for sorting staffing due to ‘budgets’. Letting the few staff that are there work at a stupid pace and working stupid hours. Customers are put under so much pressure, probably 50% of them had a bad experience as dfs do not treat them nor the staff right.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything imaginable
Lousy place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Ne england4 July 2018
Avoid like the plague you have no home life management are approachable they don't car about there employees you are just another number to them you hurt yourself and you get nothing but sick pay HR are a waste of space don't leave another job to work at this.worlhouse you ll regret it
Pros
Ok pay and holidays
Cons
Hours
Good Pay & Thats about it
Co-Driver (Former Employee) –  Llantrisant, Rhondda Cynon Taff21 May 2018
Worked for DFS over Christmas for agency enjoyed and thought I'd enjoy working here. So I went off spent considerable money on my Class 2 licence. Eventually got in after being messed around with yes/no there are jobs going I was in. Basically went down hill from there. No training in my job roll at all. Stuck with "Men" who are more childish than school kids. Basically made to feel like an outcast by them. Spoke to management about the issue and nothing was resolved. So if you'd enjoy working with "Grown Up Men" in a disgusting smelly lorry for 10/12 hours a day then go for it. Oh and you're expected to do any and all overtime you have no choice.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Very Long Hours, Awfull Employees.
Fast pacing
Doc filler (Former Employee) –  Brierley Hill, West Midlands17 April 2018
I really enjoyed working at dfs, the staff members were really friendly and made me feel welcome and it helped me ease into the job better knowing it was a lovely place to work.
Pros
Good wage
Productive and fun workplace
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Doncaster2 March 2018
There's a great community feel. There's a lot of improvements continually being made and the atmosphere makes for a great place to work. It's a place you get the chance to learn new skills, to be challenged and developed.
Very rewarding place to work
Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Head Office2 March 2018
I have seen dfs evolve into a forward thinking exciting and innovative place to work.

I am challenged on a daily basis and stretched out of my comfort zone.

Employee benefits are fantastic and the company is always looking at new ways to reward us!

Our management teams are receptive to feedback and welcome people with new ideas.

We have a clear vision as a company and genuinely do strive to be the best for our employees and customers.

We work hard but have lots of fun!

My colleagues are one of the reasons I have stayed so long!
Pros
Reward package, Management team
N/A (Current Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire15 February 2018
I have only been with DFS for a short amount of time however i have had the warmest of welcomes. The team have ensured that i have an amazing start to the business, well planned induction and always around to help with any question that i have

It is a very relaxed atmosphere here at DFS with great opportunities for development for the future.

Everyday is a very varied day which i love!

I would absolutely recommend DFS as a company to work for and very much looking forward to the years ahead.
Pros
Great People

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dfs. Our community is ready to answer.