Dfs Employee Reviews

Fast pacing
Doc filler (Former Employee) –  Brierley Hill, West Midlands17 April 2018
I really enjoyed working at dfs, the staff members were really friendly and made me feel welcome and it helped me ease into the job better knowing it was a lovely place to work.
Pros
Good wage
Productive and fun workplace
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Doncaster2 March 2018
There's a great community feel. There's a lot of improvements continually being made and the atmosphere makes for a great place to work. It's a place you get the chance to learn new skills, to be challenged and developed.
Very rewarding place to work
Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Head Office2 March 2018
I have seen dfs evolve into a forward thinking exciting and innovative place to work.

I am challenged on a daily basis and stretched out of my comfort zone.

Employee benefits are fantastic and the company is always looking at new ways to reward us!

Our management teams are receptive to feedback and welcome people with new ideas.

We have a clear vision as a company and genuinely do strive to be the best for our employees and customers.

We work hard but have lots of fun!

My colleagues are one of the reasons I have stayed so long!
Pros
Reward package, Management team
N/A (Current Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire15 February 2018
I have only been with DFS for a short amount of time however i have had the warmest of welcomes. The team have ensured that i have an amazing start to the business, well planned induction and always around to help with any question that i have

It is a very relaxed atmosphere here at DFS with great opportunities for development for the future.

Everyday is a very varied day which i love!

I would absolutely recommend DFS as a company to work for and very much looking forward to the years ahead.
Pros
Great People
Terrible company to work for no care for the workforce and illegal driving
Co driver (Former Employee) –  Enfield, Greater London4 February 2018
1000 pound short at Xmas on overtime and 2 loads a day first finished at 4 which is the end of shift to be told you have to do another forced or be told you won't be there long
Pros
Cons
everything
Stay away from Dfs longeaton
Shunter Driver/warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  DFS Long Eaton25 January 2018
It's not worth it guys. The shuntering bit is only 1%of the job if u are lucky. You spend the rest of the shift pushing sofas into wagons at a blistering pace. Because u not used to that type of work, wont be able to keep up with the young lads u will be working with. They do it everyday ,with the right techniques they have gained over the years. Come u then ,fat driver like me ,with sausage fingers ...lol u will die. Trust me. U will be lucky to last a week in there. U gonna get it all knees,back ache,swollen finger joints and wrists. Take my word drivers ,just stick to pure driving unless if u have factory labouring experince and u enjoy it. Dfs makes a lot of money. They can afford to hire labouring staff and a dedicated shunter driver purely for those distinct roles. They just dont want to pay. They want to cover 2 roles with one wage slip. Dont be fooled guys.I can bet u a fiver,after a few days or weeks ,the job will be back on here again.Ask ur self why??? Why cant they fill the post???why are they failing to retain staff?.??
Pros
Gud friendly &humble lads to work with on loading bays.
Cons
Wage too low for the amount of work involved. Work too heavy and fast paced.
Worst job I've ever had
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Croydon19 January 2018
I cannot explain how TERRIBLE DFS is as a company! if i was to go into full detail i would probably be taken to court/ end a few marriages. its just a bad job with little to no support, i was very in depth with my leavers interview and i know nothings been changed. if honestly wouldn't recommend this place to even my worst enemy. head office either don't know/ over look what goes on in stores. they sell you a dream and deliver a nightmare
Pros
pay is GOOD
Cons
found out pay is now bad. long hours. poor managment
No work life balance
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  East Midlands20 December 2017
Expect to work every weekend and a few 9am to 8pm week days. Targets are enforced with threats most of the time and you have to upsell for dear life.
DFS say four years no deposit credit, your job is to get a deposit and never give the customer four years, crazy.
You have to listen to the lecture every morning when the manager names and shames you vs your colleagues.
No work life balance as you will work all bank holidays, every day except Xmas day and all the new year holiday. If you have a life outside work, or kids, don't do it.
Salary is acceptable but not great, maybe 22k PA if your lucky. Xmas bonus is a £20 M&S card which is an insult for all the extra hours you work during the year.
From boxing day on you don't get any days off at all, 9-8 seven days a week for a while.
This is a company that takes and takes, with little reward or appreciation.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Management culture, hours, low reward
Stable, forward thinking company with great rewards
Sales (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh12 December 2017
I have been working for DFS for over 5 Year’s now. They offer a very secure job with opportunities available to you at every turn. If you want to progress and you’re good at your job then the opportunity will present itself.

As a sales colleague your position centres around building strong relationships with customers and making them feel like there really is no better place than DFS to purchase their sofa. You are paid commission for every sofa you sell and in my store nobody earns less than 35k. If your good you’ll make 40-45k and the best make over 50k.

The management offer support on both a professional and personal level. The whole place honestly feels like a second family.

It’s retail so don’t expect to be getting weekends off but DFS has changed over the years and you generally get two days off every week where this wasn’t the case in the past.

A great place to work with great earning potential.
Pros
Great money. Real family atmosphere.
Cons
None really
Fun and rewarding
General Manager (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom11 December 2017
Dfs is a great company to work for. The staff are the best I have ever worked with... I would recommend dfs to anyone to work for. also offers lots of great benefits.
Pros
Lots of Fun, great pay, great staff
Cons

Want to know more about Dfs?

Ask a question
Long hours unreasonable targets
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Midlands11 December 2017
Working at DFS you can expect extremely long hours and 0 work life balance. The training at head office is excellent but at the sharp end it's Every Man for Himself. 11 hour days are Commonplace and of course it's every weekend without fail. As a sales executive you are also constantly pushed to sell people add-ons that they simply either don't want or don't need.
Pros
Training
Cons
Long hours and unreasonable targets
Very good working environment
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Essex11 December 2017
Work life balance may not be great but this helps with childcare. The staff are friendly but difference in pay between highest and lowest earners is quite large. Overall great to work for.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Working weekends
Fun Workplace
Cleaner full time (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire19 September 2017
You would have a laugh at work, I learned that it is a great place to work at and the management is great. There wasn't a hard part of the job and the most enjoyable part of the job was having a laugh with people that worked there.
Pros
Fun
Constant heavy work
Sorter (Current Employee) –  Skellow14 September 2017
Constantly busy on piece work. Very short breaks but good holidays. Very tiring and early starts constant pressure with not enough input from management
Pros
Good co workers
Workplace Culture
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Doncaster22 August 2017
DFS is an excellent company to work for except for the long hours. There is always the emphasis on performance improvement, thus constant training is provided.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Long hours.
Worse company I've worked for
Driver (Former Employee) –  Llandudno, Conwy24 July 2017
Start work by loading truck even tho warehouse should have done it. So your 1 hour behind before you start your run. Runs are all over the place management don't care about runs or how there done. No job support just left with yourself and co driver if both new no help.
Pros
Wage is ok
Cons
Long hours. No help
great place to work
senior sales (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire12 July 2017
have worked for dfs for 6 years and not only has it given me a great career and a family outside of my own. some times can be difficult lifting furniture but. rough with the smooth
Pros
money. progression
Cons
long hours moving furniture
Lovely atmosphere
Weekend Sales Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sidcup, Greater London4 July 2017
I have worked at DFS for 18 months now as a weekend administrator and I can honestly say I've loved it.
It can be very busy over sale times but even when the store isn't busy there is always something to do.
The store is like a little family and everyone usually gets on (other than the odd salesman tiff!) and everyone looks out for each other. The communication is generally pretty good between stores and from managers and the pay is pretty good for this area too.
Although this isn't my long term career goal as I'm training for a profession I am happy to stay here as long as they will have me as it fits in with my family life.
It's hard work at times but you get out what you put in.
Pros
So many!
Cons
It can be tough to be away from my husband and children all weekend.
Head Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire1 July 2017
Worked for DFS for nearly 3 years now.
Lots of scope for progression and management definitely promote this and want everyone to do well.
Many changes in the passed year but all seem to be for the better.
DFS are really starting to listen to their employees and they find new innovative ways to communicate with everyone.
Pros
Family feel
Cons
Non to mention
A great company to work for and develop within
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  South30 June 2017
I started in with this business 16 years ago as a manager designate and have now achieved a senior position.

Great company to be part of and a can do culture that embraces all.

Yes its hard work. Yes there is a work / life challenge but the rewards and job satisfaction are great.

If you put in the graft you will do well.

Some superb people coaches and some brilliant trainers have made the company into a real success.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Requires a loft of hard work and hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dfs. Our community is ready to answer.