DFS Furniture Employee Reviews

never enough time in the day
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow16 October 2018
management not supporting to ensure you have a balanced work life, not enough time in the day to complete duties. no over time for the extra hours having to work.
Busy fun workplace
Co Driver (Current Employee) –  Maidstone28 July 2018
Good place to work with good pay. But very strenuous indeed and many hours. Problem solving situations on how to get the furniture in Work until all the jobs are done. But hey it pays the bills.
Pros
Good pay and plenty of overtime available
Cons
Long hours and very strenuous work
Loved working there great people
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  South Ruislip10 May 2018
This was a very fast paced environment the work was very varied .
\our main objective was to offer fantastic customer service " the customer is always right" The office was the hub of the shop from sales to delivery to aftercare service we worked well as a team to provide the admin support . My most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the customers I am definitely a people person .
Not a job for someone who has a family
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol10 April 2018
If u have a family this is not a company to work for as required a lot of over time and expected it from u also a lot of reviews daily weekly monthly.
Great potential pay but poor management.
Wood Machinist (Current Employee) –  Somercotes, Derbyshire24 March 2018
A typical day would start well. Most of the time though you leave feeling less secure in your job. I learned not to trust anything management says. The hardest part is trying your best but it never being good enough. The most enjoyable part of the job is when common sence prevails and you can do your job effectively.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management
Avoid at all costs
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ruislip, Greater London20 March 2018
Always expected to stay well after your finish time of 5:30pm EVERYDAY! In the 3 months I was there I only left on time twice! Having 6 incoming telephone lines to the office that don't stop ringing all-day and only 3 office staff meant that we couldn't complete our work because we were manning the phones constantly. Ridiculously dis-organised and poorly managed.
Productive workplace
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh17 March 2018
DFS is a good place to work and in an enjoyable environment the majority of the time. Management are good and supportive and there is good company benefits, e.g. company car, Christmas bonus. There is, however, a massive lack of career progression within the company from the area of the company i work in, service. There is only one real position available for promotion which is not looking likely to be available for any time in the near future. I am a driven individual looking to have personal goals set ahead of me that I can strive for.

A typical day at work consists of heading out and visiting any customers that have complained about their purchases. Deciding if their is a manufacturing fault or if there is any work that can be carried out that will help the customer. I would then be reporting these issues back to the supplier and explaining how it was resolved and debit back to the supplier when required.

I would be going out to visit customers on my own whilst also coming back to the warehouse or store and working alongside my service team and also the sales, admin and distribution teams to make sure the whole process is running smoothly and everyone is playing their part.

The job can be difficult and stressful at times when things do go wrong or when facing challenging customers in their own home. I am now used to working with the public so know how to deal with confrontation and difficult situations with a wide variety of people. It brings a lot of satisfaction to me when I greet a customer who is unhappy with their investment and by the end of the visit, they
  more... are completely happy with it due to any work I have done.

I thoroughly enjoy working with the public all in all and am very comfortable meeting new people.
Pros
Company car
Cons
Career Progression
Hard work but great colleagues
Sales Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sidcup22 December 2017
This is one of the toughest workloads I have ever experienced but the colleagues made it worthwhile.
There was a great atmosphere most of the time, only spoiled by 1 toxic manager and his assistant.
You will work hard here but have lots of fun too
Pros
Good salary, free parking
Cons
Management overstepping boundaries
Not Productive or Exciting
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire12 October 2017
This company has not got excitement it has long hours and no family values i.e if you single its a good job if you have family then its not. but that is my opinion based on my time with them.
Pros
Sell well earn Well
Cons
long hours with claw back...
fun, ethical, great environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire7 October 2017
Great work place to work at, meeting new people everyday always learning something new. improve myself and my working career everyday. friendly management and staff.
Pros
discount at food retails
Cons
on foot all day
terrible
Upholsterer (Current Employee) –  Long Eaton, Derbyshire30 August 2017
i've worked for dfs for 12years plus and really can't tell you what its like because ive not worked any where else. but what i can tell you is that the management is only out for there own gain and do not care about the employees at all they would stab you in the back in a instant. there is ALOT of favouritism and racism i don't recommed working there at all.
Pros
enjoyable job but not enough pay
Sales Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire23 July 2017
Really enjoy working for pdfs, much better than some other companies I've worked for. however currently stretched for staff and get nothing extra for doing the extra peoples jobs for them. for 18k a year admin is good, except its more office manager,pa to manager, and admin, and more! so not enough money for the job. But good company to work for in general.
Terrible work / life balance
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Glasgow8 July 2017
Required to work beyond finishing time for free. Terrible work life balance. Bad management as managers not interested unless it is anything to do with sales.
Pros
Cons
long hours, bad management, heavy workload
lovely friendly workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Ashford, Kent3 July 2017
I worked at DFS in Ashford as the housekeeper. It was a really lovely place to work and all the staff were wonderful and made me feel very welcome and part of the team instantly. The manager was excellent as he was very supportive of his team. The job was maintaining standard of the show room, ordering supplies and other housekeeping duties.The hours were great, no weekends or bank holidays and it was excellent rate of pay. The hardest part of the job was the traffic getting to and from work. The most enjoyable part of working at DFS was working in a fantastic team.
Productive and fun work in dfs
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire28 June 2017
Many bonuses,staff dicount and more.Christmas bonus as well.
Very friendly staff. Cosy place to work in.Best manager I have ever met.! Left this company because move town.
Recomend this place for work.
Stable market leader
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Head office (Doncaster)23 June 2017
The company has a long history of being the market leader in the UK and is keen to grow more, which means it is a strong and stable company to work for and you have the opportunity to move on.

Training and experience is great, but the culture is demanding for you to perform, so you need to be keen to commit.

Very friendly employee base and gives great customer service
Pros
Pay, opportunities, subsidised canteen
Cons
Need to commit to the role not to 9-5
productive and fun
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire5 June 2017
all the staff members treat you as part of there team although it is slightly competitive at times a staff member is always their to help you when its needed.
Pros
competitive salary
Cons
always on your feet
Reasonable workplace
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London4 June 2017
Job itself is okay but the hours are long and can be repetitive. DFS have no social culture at all so not particularly fun place to work but money is reasonable.
good place to work
sales person (Current Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire22 April 2017
good place to work if you have no monetary commitments as the pay structure has removed all basic pay and is now a commission only role. the hours are long with a 9 hour work day with half an hour break but you can have tea breaks throughout the day.
Good benefits, poor work life balance
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands19 April 2017
Big on promises, low on fulfillment of these promises. the benefits for the company are very good when it comes to pay but are very unfair in certain areas, making you work every bank holiday week 6 days to get your national entitlement.