DFS Furniture Employee Reviews

Not Productive or Exciting
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire12 October 2017
This company has not got excitement it has long hours and no family values i.e if you single its a good job if you have family then its not. but that is my opinion based on my time with them.
Pros
Sell well earn Well
Cons
long hours with claw back...
fun, ethical, great environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire7 October 2017
Great work place to work at, meeting new people everyday always learning something new. improve myself and my working career everyday. friendly management and staff.
Pros
discount at food retails
Cons
on foot all day
terrible
Upholsterer (Current Employee) –  Long Eaton, Derbyshire30 August 2017
i've worked for dfs for 12years plus and really can't tell you what its like because ive not worked any where else. but what i can tell you is that the management is only out for there own gain and do not care about the employees at all they would stab you in the back in a instant. there is ALOT of favouritism and racism i don't recommed working there at all.
Pros
enjoyable job but not enough pay
Sales Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire23 July 2017
Really enjoy working for pdfs, much better than some other companies I've worked for. however currently stretched for staff and get nothing extra for doing the extra peoples jobs for them. for 18k a year admin is good, except its more office manager,pa to manager, and admin, and more! so not enough money for the job. But good company to work for in general.
Terrible work / life balance
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Glasgow8 July 2017
Required to work beyond finishing time for free. Terrible work life balance. Bad management as managers not interested unless it is anything to do with sales.
Pros
Cons
long hours, bad management, heavy workload
lovely friendly workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Ashford, Kent3 July 2017
I worked at DFS in Ashford as the housekeeper. It was a really lovely place to work and all the staff were wonderful and made me feel very welcome and part of the team instantly. The manager was excellent as he was very supportive of his team. The job was maintaining standard of the show room, ordering supplies and other housekeeping duties.The hours were great, no weekends or bank holidays and it was excellent rate of pay. The hardest part of the job was the traffic getting to and from work. The most enjoyable part of working at DFS was working in a fantastic team.
Productive and fun work in dfs
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire28 June 2017
Many bonuses,staff dicount and more.Christmas bonus as well.
Very friendly staff. Cosy place to work in.Best manager I have ever met.! Left this company because move town.
Recomend this place for work.
Stable market leader
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Head office (Doncaster)23 June 2017
The company has a long history of being the market leader in the UK and is keen to grow more, which means it is a strong and stable company to work for and you have the opportunity to move on.

Training and experience is great, but the culture is demanding for you to perform, so you need to be keen to commit.

Very friendly employee base and gives great customer service
Pros
Pay, opportunities, subsidised canteen
Cons
Need to commit to the role not to 9-5
productive and fun
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire5 June 2017
all the staff members treat you as part of there team although it is slightly competitive at times a staff member is always their to help you when its needed.
Pros
competitive salary
Cons
always on your feet
Reasonable workplace
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London4 June 2017
Job itself is okay but the hours are long and can be repetitive. DFS have no social culture at all so not particularly fun place to work but money is reasonable.
Cons
Good benefits, poor work life balance
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands19 April 2017
Big on promises, low on fulfillment of these promises. the benefits for the company are very good when it comes to pay but are very unfair in certain areas, making you work every bank holiday week 6 days to get your national entitlement.
Great money but no life....
Assistant Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands4 April 2017
Great company to work for but the hours are not compatible with having any kind of social life or family life. Its a clean modern environment to work in and they reward you well on commission if you hit your targets.
Pros
Well paid
Cons
Working every bankholiday, no exception even for a wedding or a birthday.
Excellent place to work
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Shrewsdbury3 April 2017
Answer & manage all telephone calls, recording accurate messages.
Work with a strong team processing & monitoring sales orders with total precision and organisation.
Liaise with both customers and warehouse to enable efficient delivery of goods.
Update and organise Service Managers electronic diary liaising between customers and Service Managers.
Update and organise Store Managers diary - arranging appointments where required.
Responsible for all payments/finances/daily banking.
Attend Service Meetings with Store Manager, Service Managers and Warehouse personnel.
Maintain a clean office and associated areas.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Unable to reduce hours
very fast paste
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  King's Lynn, Norfolk17 March 2017
Definitely the number one sofa company for quality of products and footfall and amazing training the best i have ever experienced you have to be on your best game every day to succeed because its such a competitive product to sell and the sales people have all came from strong back grounds and are hungry for money and if your weak you'll fail horribly.I Learned to be strong and pushy without the customer knowing or having any idea creating an easy close because you've made them love the product and with the best usp's in the sofa industry its sell sell sell.. Hardest part of my job was that i didnt want to sell sofas at the time and did not show my full potential
and now i love the trade i lost of chance. the most enjoyable time was xmas because it the busiest 2 weeks it is a sales person dream . the management where help full guiding and wanted you to succeed
Pros
great training great products
Part time evening cleaner
Housekeeper/Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Watford5 April 2016
Reliable and competent cleaner who has experience of the daily cleaning. Having a ‘can do’ attitude and able to ensure that all environments are kept clean and tidy to a high standard.
A company intransition
Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  Doncaster2 October 2015
Hardworking people within a political cauldron due to the fragmented ex Boots leadership. Very budget and cost driven as with any brand leader.
Pros
Semi decent benefits
Cons
Lots of fragmentation and obstructive politics
Really enjoyable and fun to work for
Drivers Assistant (Current Employee) –  glasgow2 March 2015
I would meet my assistant in the morning go to warehouse get the furniture and where they are getting delivered to then drop them off.

I enjoyed it because you are meeting new people everyday when taking the furniture to peoples homes.
fun place to work
Home deliver driver (Current Employee) –  Manchester, ENG22 February 2015
Good place to work, obviously its hard heavy lifting but keeps the pounds off. I enjoy working with the public and going different places every day. Its also double man so not on your own and your home every night witch important to me
Pros
good money for 7.5t
Cons
xmas is very busy and long days
Very Physically exhausting
Warehouse and Distribution Team Member (Current Employee) –  Croydon London27 July 2014
In the Department I'm in we've Had a few people walk out but that is not something I would do. High wages are there only motivation to keep employees. Staff are treated like tools and no real concern or empathy is practised. For me the fact that I have been there for such a long time without even the opportunity to progress has been disturbing hence I'm on indeed.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Lack of opportunities
Experience gained.
Weekend Admin DFS Furniture (Former Employee) –  Elk Mill, Oldham17 May 2014
The good thing about working at DFS during 2011-2013 was that at the time I ad planned to take a year out then go to University so having a weekend job suited me. but when I decided I would prefer to go straight into working life it was no longer suitable as I needed a full time job. I was very grateful of the experience I gained from working her as it allows me to step out of my experience being customer service based and into Administrational duties. the hardest part of the job was being on my own in the office as I had nobody to ask if I was struggling but at the same time this was a positive as it allowed me to become confident in what I was going and not be so reliant on others. The manager was always giving me feedback on my work which was helpful as I knew what to improve on and what my best skills were.
Pros
experience gained, management, days i worked suited me at the time.
Cons
salary, wasnt full time.