Dexters Employee Reviews

Wouldn't recommend
Sales Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Clerkenwell, Greater London29 May 2019
Dexters sapped all life out of me. They roles were skewed and the working environment was awful. I dreaded going into work everyday thinking about how horrible the people there were and how ridiculously run the company was.
Pros
Decent pay
Great have a career
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fulham9 May 2019
I have been able to forge my own career in the direction I wanted it to go and essentially have been in charge of my earnings!

We have fun and I would work would tell Dexters to anyone!
Pros
Progression and various incentives
Cons
None!
Progression
Lettings Manager (Current Employee) –  Chiswick, Greater London9 May 2019
I started my career at Dexters as an Office Support Administrator I have worked my way up to a Manager and love everything about the company. From the teams to the clients.
Pros
Progression
Cons
Nothing I can think of
On the whole, an amazing company
Domestic Energy Assessor (Former Employee) –  Hanworth3 May 2019
Dexters has plenty of opportunities from office admin, to estate and letting agents, to HR and plenty of opportunity to climb the career ladder.

This isn't your average estate agent's. It really does feel like a family at work.
Pros
Chances to progress, good pay, good bonuses.
Cons
Depending on the department, but the hours can be long.
They feed you a lie
Lettings Negotiator (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 March 2019
They make you believe you can exceed and make all this money but in actual fact, you are constantly battling between your colleagues for money. Arguments about commission, whose commission etc.

The basic salary is so frightening low, incredibly male-dominated, who are all up each others arses all day every day, constantly badgering the same people to buy properties and it becomes so boring. Looked down upon for not making targets and is a very intimidating environment.
Pros
Going on viewings away from the office and breaks.
Cons
Being in the office.
Competitive Company
Viewings Consultant/Sales (Current Employee) –  Kew6 January 2019
Fantastic working environment working with a host of vibrant personalities. Great commission structure giving people the opportunity to boost earnings
Good Start to the industry
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fulham, Greater London20 September 2018
solid training and very good background to work in, there will always be guidance should you need it, and if you are performing high it will be rewarded.
Pros
perks
A focused but fun work environment
Customer Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 June 2018
Good job culture, great management, a great place to build your career. I loved working there but had to move due to Family. Everyone is really friendly and easy to get along with.
Pros
Free lunches
Good working Environment
Administration Assistant - Accounts (Former Employee) –  London16 February 2018
Enjoyable working environment , productive and well supported environment. Approachable management. Good modern facilities. Good IT support. Experienced supervisors
Fun workplace, hours too long
Lettings Negotiator (Current Employee) –  Kensington and Chelsea, Greater London2 July 2017
The days at work have good structure and you have a good laugh, you do a wide variety of jobs; however the days are too long and management differs.

There is a good bond between people which makes it a good environment to work in.
Pros
good day structure
Cons
long hours, low pay
Review
Client Services Executive (Current Employee) –  Pimlico, London, Greater London20 February 2017
overall this is a good company to work for. They employ decent people and have good work ethic. They provide good working conditions and have good schemes in place for their staff.
Day to day as an office Administrator
Senior Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  london23 January 2017
working as part of a team no bigger then 10, at times very fun very sociable and always had people to help you if needed any. However the ethos of the company i feel let them down, the staff were unappreciated at times and some staff members where rather unbearable to work with, however being an administrator you get on with what you need to do. The tense and uptight attitude was at times unbearable and not the most motivating environment.
Pros
hundreds of staff members, never feeling alone
Cons
poor management, unappreciated staff
Fun work place with great benefits for productive work
Lettings Consultant (Former Employee) –  London10 October 2016
I enjoyed my time at Dexters. It was certainly very tough and included 60-70 hour weeks however the job was extremely rewarding. If I had not moved to Sydney I certainly would not have left the role I was in.
Pros
Competitive work environment, great commission structure
Cons
weekend work
Working at Dexters
Senior Lettings Negotiator (Former Employee) –  South Kensington, London22 September 2016
A typical day at Dexters started at 8:15am and finished at 7pm (or beyond if viewings were required).
I learnt a lot including negotiating with both parties (landlord and applicant), managing paperwork, marketing.
The management varied from office however was in general good and caring.
The hardest part of the job were the long hours and week-end work and the best was the commission structure and bonuses.
Pros
The people, the commission
Cons
Long hours, Saturday work
teacher assistant
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gravesend19 January 2016
typical day at work consisted of getting in at 8 and going to see who I was working with on that day, I learned how to manage my time more efficiently. the management of Thamesview was very good, the co-workers in thamesview were very friendly and respectful.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
nothing to do on break and lunch
Very good
Corporate Services Account Manager (Current Employee) –  London28 December 2015
There are lots of opportunities to progress in the company. They will always help you if you ask.You can make a lot of money very quickly.
A good place to progress
Lettings Consultant (Current Employee) –  Teddington, ENG4 October 2015
- Communications skills
- Diary Management
- Lots of potential
- Opportunity to progress
- Good office environment
- Long hours
- You have to commit to every hour of your day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dexters. Our community is ready to answer.