Dexters Estate Agent Group

Dexters Estate Agent Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom29 reviews
It was OK - if you don't mind working on weekends and saturdays then you will be fine.

They like young employees who can grow within the company.

Good commision if you work hard.
This company is racist, dishonest and unrealistic with goals. Min salary at all times, lack of progression.

They try and entice you with pointless social events. Where Andy Shepherd (Managing Director) flirts with young girls and invites them to the hotel where we’re gathering for a after party! When have Rachael Patient who lack knowledge and likes to throw her weight around
Pros
Cons
Micro managed
This business is excellent for young trainees that do not mind working to the bone and not feel the need to be treated fairly and like a human. It is a company which allows you to earn an attractive salary at the cost of your life (and beard).
Managers and directors are aggressive and manipulative of their staff. once you leave they will try do what they can to claim back as much of your commission earned as possible.
love it, great place to work with great people and an amazing uncapped comission structure which gives you great earning potential and good job progression
Worked in various sectors, and every team I worked with were welcoming and very helpful. Gave great advice and helped with any questions. They reward hard work.
Pros
rewards hardwork
Cons
Competitve
• Setting the standard - My 9-month target was then set as a yearly (12 month) target for newly promoted lettings consultant.
• Perfecting my customer service skills, as well as my ability to close a file with all paperwork received, money paid and contracts signed within a day on several occasions. The usual time to complete a file ranges from a week to a month.
i typical day at work is fast paced and can be stressful, but it is fun. everyone who works there is nice and friendly. The hardest part of the job is when there is a really busy day and it can be difficult to keep up with schedules.
If one has never worked as an estate agent it’s a great starting point. As long as you are friendly and upbeat and driven enough Dexter’s will like you. Very young culture, senior management want you to aspire to be like them and will flaunt their lavish cars at you, amongst agents I guess it helps with ‘driving’ a team forward. Overall good experience but could have left sooner. No perks 22days holiday
Avoid at all costs. Cowboy company. Treat employees awfully. Try making money out of employees and treat them like a source of revenue. Micro managed. Long hours. No reward or gratitude
Started at trainee level and they developed me very quickly. Pay increased with each promotion.
Office culture- everyone is young which worked well for me as I was straight out of uni.
Pros
Development and opportunities
Cons
Micro Management
Dexters was one of the best places I've ever worked. I spent 5 years with them and saw constant promotions off the back of hard work. I can say that if you aren't money driven or not wanting to work long hours, then the job isn't for you. For someone who wants to put in the hard work and see their earnings go up, it's perfect.

They always have social events within offices areas and then two big parties, one in Summer and one at Christmas. They go all out to make sure you feel like a member of something special, rather than just a number.

I'm thankful for what I learnt here as it's somewhere I look back on fondly and grateful as it's set me up for life.
I have been able to forge my own career in the direction I wanted it to go and essentially have been in charge of my earnings!

We have fun and I would work would tell Dexters to anyone!
Pros
Progression and various incentives
Cons
None!
I started my career at Dexters as an Office Support Administrator I have worked my way up to a Manager and love everything about the company. From the teams to the clients.
Pros
Progression
Cons
Nothing I can think of
Dexters has plenty of opportunities from office admin, to estate and letting agents, to HR and plenty of opportunity to climb the career ladder.

This isn't your average estate agent's. It really does feel like a family at work.
Pros
Chances to progress, good pay, good bonuses.
Cons
Depending on the department, but the hours can be long.
They make you believe you can exceed and make all this money but in actual fact, you are constantly battling between your colleagues for money. Arguments about commission, whose commission etc.

The basic salary is so frightening low, incredibly male-dominated, who are all up each others arses all day every day, constantly badgering the same people to buy properties and it becomes so boring. Looked down upon for not making targets and is a very intimidating environment.
Pros
Going on viewings away from the office and breaks.
Cons
Being in the office.
Fantastic working environment working with a host of vibrant personalities. Great commission structure giving people the opportunity to boost earnings
solid training and very good background to work in, there will always be guidance should you need it, and if you are performing high it will be rewarded.
Pros
perks
High turnover and not many perks, work life balance okay if you aren't a negotiator, lots of social events organised when working as a negotiator, would not recommend
Good job culture, great management, a great place to build your career. I loved working there but had to move due to Family. Everyone is really friendly and easy to get along with.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Enjoyable working environment , productive and well supported environment. Approachable management. Good modern facilities. Good IT support. Experienced supervisors
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dexters Estate Agent Group. Our community is ready to answer.
Dexters Estate Agent Group Reviews by Location