Devon and Cornwall Police Employee Review

View all Devon and Cornwall Police reviews

educational
Police Cadet (Former Employee) –  Devon4 January 2018
My work experience with Devon and Cornwall police service was very interesting and informative on the work and lifestyle of a police officer. I was put in a class with a group of unfamiliar people and by the end of the week we worked like we knew each other for months. Overall it was a very good experience and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Pros
a good thing to have on your CV
Cons
had to wear strict uniform

Other Devon and Cornwall Police Employee Reviews

Professional,
Police Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Penzance, Moretonhampstead, Plymouth, Middlemoor10 August 2019
Requires flexibility, self study, fitness training in own time, empathy, courage, tolerance of all levels of society and within the police service, firmness, communication skills written verbal. Professional attitude. Making do with limited resources, minimising danger to public and colleagues.
Adjusting to changes in political correctness and values of the force and procedures through the years.
Valuable work experience
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon20 March 2019
Spent a week here on a work experience placement from school. This gave me valuable insight into the work of Devon and Cornwall police, it showed me the different roles available and the requirements of the selection process
Pros
Valuable work experience
Cons
Only one week