Devon and Cornwall Police Employee Review

View all Devon and Cornwall Police reviews

Exciting Challenge
Special Constable (Current Employee) –  Torbay, Devon21 September 2017
Although a voluntary role (hence the 2 stars for pay) I wouldn't change my job as a Special for the world. Would highly recommend for anyone fancying something different, to apply and give back!
Pros
Opportunities to gain valuable experience.
Cons
People tend to not like police officers at times!

Other Devon and Cornwall Police Employee Reviews

Professional,
Police Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Penzance, Moretonhampstead, Plymouth, Middlemoor10 August 2019
Requires flexibility, self study, fitness training in own time, empathy, courage, tolerance of all levels of society and within the police service, firmness, communication skills written verbal. Professional attitude. Making do with limited resources, minimising danger to public and colleagues.
Adjusting to changes in political correctness and values of the force and procedures through the years.
Valuable work experience
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon20 March 2019
Spent a week here on a work experience placement from school. This gave me valuable insight into the work of Devon and Cornwall police, it showed me the different roles available and the requirements of the selection process
Pros
Valuable work experience
Cons
Only one week