Devon Norse

Devon Norse Employee Reviews

Slave Drivers
Area Cleaning Manager (Former Employee) –  Devon and Cornwall11 December 2019
If you want a life other than working for this company scroll straight on by when looking for a position. A seventy hour week is not in common for management and only getting paid for thirty seven of those, yes you did read that correctly thirty seven.
If you do not work the hours then the operations manager will bin you by hook or by crook, bullying, threats of violence. Don’t bother placing a grievance as their grievance procedure is corrupt. The majority of senior management stick together. You will be ground into the ground through overwork and binned off and there is a conveyor belt culture of turnover of staff.
No compassion no thought to your welfare no care who is stabbed in the back to get to the top. Devon Norse have had more area managers than stars in a moonlit sky. Retention of staff is poor.
The company have one jewel in their crown the divisional manager without him the place would implode and would like to thank him for keeping me and others sane. Company should be re named PTSD are US.
Work on my own.
Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Exmouth, Devon3 December 2019
I enjoy working for Devon Norse and have proved to myself that I am able to work on my own and organise my working evening. I order my cleaning stores approximately every six weeks.
Bad experience
Catering assistant (Current Employee) –  County hall Exeter24 November 2019
Would never work for this company again no training bad management discrimination to people who have disability managers have no experience good luck to anyone who wants to work for them
Love working for devon norse
Caretaker/Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Sidmouth, Devon7 November 2019
If you like hard work but your honest and take pride in your work this work is for you.i have two contracts and left to work under my own management as long as I get the job done it can be flexible to.only issue is the amount of mangers that come and go but otherwise great company with security and good pay.
management
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Exmouth17 August 2019
I worked for 6 weeks before being paid with little information about when i would be paid. Lone working and therefore not enough intercation with others.
Pros
other workers
Cons
see review
Happy happy happy!
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Exeter, Devon13 August 2019
This is by far the best company I have ever worked for. The hours maybe long at times, and you need to be a hard worker, but the rewards of a decent salary coupled with the support by senior management are amazing. I have met lots of lovely people doing my job, some of whom I would call friends. If you’re not afraid of hard work, always willing to go that extra mile you will be extremely appreciated and recognised for doing so.
Best company I’ve ever worked for
Mobile Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Exeter, Devon13 August 2019
Always got something to do, always busy, and always supported. Meet new people everyday and go to many different sites so I get to see everything, whenever I go to HQ I’m always welcomed and asked how I’m doing and how I can be supported, manager and supervisor are always reachable, (sometimes they can be very busy!) someone will always answer the phone if I need them. Pay is extremely good, never short on hours and the work I do is always enjoyable, sometimes can be hard but what can you expect, as long as you have a good work ethic you will be welcomed with open arms.
Enjoyable
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Budleigh, Devon15 May 2019
I worked as both a cleaner and kitchen manager. Both jobs were great I’m leaving for personal reasons. After looking at all the bad reviews for the company I thought how unfair it was they are accommodating they try to work around you if it’s possible. There is a lot of work but nothing you would normally expect to do. The pay isn’t great but that’s only because you work 8 months of the year so looking at it from that point of view you can’t complain you only work 6-8 weeks at a time then your on holiday.
Pros
Lots of holidays, part of a team, help if needed
Cons
Very poor company to work for
Supervisor - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Devon Dorset15 May 2019
I worked for Devon Norse as a supervisor no support from managers especially from the top down.
You are expected to do a managers job but for very poor wages.
Long hours, without reward or thanks. I wouldn’t recommend this company avoid at all costs.
Pros
Cons
Long antisocial hours. No support from top management.
not a nice company
was a supervisor (Former Employee) –  devon25 April 2019
Never work for this company as it’s so stressful they expect you to clean all your section within the 3hours and then add on more to your section .
They are always short staff they are not a nice company so people leave as they find the supervisor does not even know what hes doing do not work for this company as it’s so stressful they expect you to clean all your section within the 3 hours and then add on more to your section . they force the old cleaners out of there jobs and now the cleaning has go down hill in 2 years
Former cleaner
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Devon24 April 2019
Never work for this company as it’s so stressful they expect you to clean all your section within the 3hours and then add on more to ur section .
They are always short staff as they are not a nice company so people leave as they find the supervisor don’t even know what they are doing or they stress thier colleagues out . They don’t praise you or give u credit for your hard work .
They expect you to do an hour or half hour over time while the supervisor goes home .

This company is just a ripoff
Worst company ever worked for!
Catering Assistant and cleanet (Former Employee) –  Ivybridge23 April 2019
Typical day at work was total stress from start to finish
You will be just a number with this rubbish company do not even consider working for them as you will not feel valued or appreciated (never no staff appraisals which should be a must!) pressure to perform miracles in an extremely limited time (which they keep sneaking more jobs for you to complete within an unrealistic timescale) You will work extra time without any pay! The most stressful job I have ever had the displeasure of working in, both cleaning and catering!
Pros
None!
Cons
Everything!
Expect you to drop everything at the drop of a hat
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon19 March 2019
Started off really well, and then around a month into the job the Operations Manager calls you into the office and tells you that you need to find childcare (at your own cost) to assist the company whenever they need it. Your expected to be on call 24/7 and get moaned at when you don’t answer your phone. Some of the Area managers are a complete waste of space and rely too much on their supervisors who in all honesty do everything. The company has split its areas into 5 areas, 1 area in particular has 83 sites to manage with 1 manager & his supervisor (his slave). There is no real support from anybody within the management chain.
Pros
Cons
Long hours for bad pay & horrid conditions
Awful Company Avoid
Cleaning Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Devon7 January 2019
Everything about Norse is Shocking. By far the worst company I have EVER worked under in my life. Management could seriously not organise a P up in a brewery. That goes right to the top JD. Awful. AVOID AVOID AVOID.
Pros
Cons
Poor HQ management/under paid every month
Poor Management Support and working conditions
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  South West17 December 2018
Long working hours, poor working conditions, lack of decent equipment, low morale, minimum pension, no sick pay, little support from Management. Lone working issues, staff training of a poor standard. Improvements need to be made if they are to compete with other businesses, especially if staff are paid minimum wage..
Pros
Cons
Long hours, low morale in company
Awful
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exeter1 December 2018
I worked for Devon Norse for many years as a catering assistant. They are by far the worst company I’ve ever worked for. Totally under value their hard working staff.
Pros
School holidays
bad mnagement
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon24 November 2018
No cover hardly ever available, so have to regularly do your own work and someone elses which is sometimes impossible to do properly. Site manager is unpleasant and rude.
Pros
Cons
have to work very hard for minimum wage
Great company
Kitchen Manager/Head Chef (Current Employee) –  Devon27 October 2018
Have been working for Devon Norse for nearly 3 years and am very happy. Very supportive company to work for. It’s hard work but I enjoy my job where I’ve been able to get my nvq qualification too. Hours are great as they fit around my family.
Pros
Supportive management
Cons
Pay could be better
not a good company
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  devon4 October 2018
bad management and will do anything to get the old staff
out and put new in not a good company to work for try some where that look after you and good management
Pros
Cons
Rude, arrogant management
Poor management and little care for staffs welfare
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Exeter25 September 2018
I worked for this company in 2013 for a year. The job had been priced by them looking at the floor plans of a building and the area to be covered. When it came to actually do the job it was drastically under quoted as they had taken no care to think about what actually would be required by the client, I was expected to work on to cover the short fall without extra pay. I am an experienced mobile cleaner of many years, quick and thorough and at no point could I cover the work required without going over. I found the management poor and unhelpful. To be honest I am surprised I stayed as long as I did. If you are desperate then work for them, they are no better or worse than the majority of companies out there. But if you can do better I would definitely jump at the chance to go elsewhere.