Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom15 reviews
Good place to work, but room for improvement
Managers need to apply what they learn in theory and put it into practice. Sometimes the initiatives come across as tick box exercises. My experience has been mixed and I feel certain people are oblivious to their actions and will never change meaning things will only improve once they retire. On the plus side, there's a good work life balance, but this will very much depend on who manages you. Technologically the Trust needs to step up. We're very paper based. The NHS had an expectation for you to work above and beyond your contacted hours of work.
Pros
Flexible working.
Cons
Expectation to work above and beyond contacted hours. Job satisfaction dependent on who manages you.
Has a great time.
Enjoyed working there staff were amazing. Very helpful there were always shifts
Pay is weekly which is good

The payroll team is also good

Happy I did it
Good
Great place to work, worked there for many years. Developed my career and knowledge base there and now looking to forward my career. Would continue to work there on bank
Bad management
Good place to work if your face fits and you don’t have any disabilities eg dyslexia!!! Management and senior staff are bullies. Management only believe the supervisors or team leaders but if your below that you haven’t got a chance of being believed. Made my working life very unpleasant up until the Day I left.
No proper training in the clinic I was in as long as you could hit the vain nothing else mattered. No patient care in that clinic what so ever. Supervisors believe it’s the job of the volunteer’s to help the patient not yours.
Pros
Good pay
excellent employers
This was a great place to work.
I had tremendous support from the organisation, particularly the Occupational Health service following a bereavement.

I really enjoyed working for this trust
good experience
Two-week work shadowing placement with clinical psychologists and other staff.
Learned about NHS structures and was able to observe some patient sessions.

Confirmed my desire to seek qualification as a psychologist.
Good work place
Good work place but has long hours and days, not good for young family’s especially with childcare management understanding and can be flexible but if you don’t make your hours you end up owing the nhs so your basically working for nothing
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Been a brilliant employer to me!
I have learnt so much with DHCFT throughout the years and have always had great job opportunities. The culture is one of learning and developing trying to get the balance of person centred care and safety with the people who use the service.
Pros
Compassionate leadership
Cons
Funding cuts to service
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust?
Poor leadership and treatment of staff
Since starting in this role, I have been disappointed. Poor choice in leadership has been one of the main issues. Failure to follow their own policies in regards to recruitment and retainment has left me feeling undervalued and is prompting me to job search.
The best part of the job is the patients that you support.
modern infrastructure but challenging at present
In comparison to other NHS trusts this has a modern infrastructure, but due to recent events there is little confidence in higher management. I am sure with time this will improve and the Trust will repair its reputation.
The service it delivers is outstanding to all childrens and mental health service patients.
Pleasant place to work
The team in which I work are a close-knit bunch who look out for each others. My direct managers are easy going and ensure that all staff are well listened to and help tremendously with work-life balance. Although I have no dealings with upper management, I have no criticism to make of them.
Pros
NHS Pension Scheme, Agenda for Change Payscales
Cons
Possibilities for advancement can be somewhat limiting
excellent place, career development prospects, busy, friendly and very rewording. supported me with my studies in public health up to post graduate level
Pros
satisfaction
Cons
emotional
enjoyable and fulling
I enjoy delivering to multi-disciplinary team within Derbyshire health care foundation trust. Training provides me with challenges and opportunities to learn as well as develop other people knowledge and skill in order safeguard vulnerable people .
Pros
Free car park and working training equipment
Cons
training venues not good enough
supportive work place
- good team work
- good work morale

- supportive clinical team leaders

- very challenging

- rewarding

- sometimes stressful, however, time management and prioritise is important
Pros
supportive team, supportive clinical leads
Cons
covers a very big area
Helpful, valued and fun!!
A fantastic group of people, who are a credit to work alongside. Dalebank View show exactly what the NHS Trust should be about, across the board.
Pros
Opportunities to gain knowledge and experience.
Cons
Staff Team under alot of stress due to cuts being made and there being less people on the team.