Derbyshire Constabulary Employee Reviews

Crime Scene Administrator (Current Employee) –  Derby2 September 2019
Easy to use with lots of jobs to choose. Highly recommended!! As an working site you are looking a different variety of employers. Will recommend for number of reasons
Varied
Police Constable (Former Employee) –  Ripley19 August 2019
Police Officer, The job is very varied and not one day is the same. It can be rewarding but can also be equally frustrating as no two days are ever the same.
Fantastic Employer
Public Protection Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ripley, Derbyshire27 May 2019
Great support , benefits and teamwork.

The management, especially senior management were very good.

Left to re-train otherwise would have been keen to stay.
Varied role
Operator (Current Employee) –  Derbyshire3 March 2019
I have enjoyed working for them but I would like a new challenge. They have been supportive of me and my colleagues are wonderful. I would recommend working for this organisation.
Pros
Great collegues
Cons
I just want a new challenge
Great working environment
Special Constable (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, Derbyshire22 February 2019
I worked as a Special Constable and was mentored by the senior Officers. I learnt a lot whilst working there and thoroughly enjoyed the mood and working environment in the office.
Pros
Being a Police Officer
Cons
Can be emotionally taxing
Different experience every day
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Derby Ciry Centre17 February 2019
Learned how to listen & speak to people. Dealt with everything that you can expect & something you don’t expect in the role of a police officer.
You work as part of a team & on your own. You use your initiative to deal with whatever issue you attend.
Challenging
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield12 December 2018
Varied and demanding role, ongoing, gaining new skills in every situation day to day never the same.
A varied role but including; Uniformed Frontline Police Constable dealing in public protection and the apprehension of Offenders . Responsible for the management and investigation into serious and organised crime, and the disruption of these groups. Police trained driver.
Burglary and cross border vehicle theft investigations. Prepare and present, multi agency contact on a daily basis. File preparation and attendance at Court when necessary
Pros
Great pension
Cons
Shift work 24/7 365
Great place and people
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Derbyshire12 December 2018
Up until leaving in 2006 it was a great place to work with everyone banding together to get the job done and helping each other out.

Typical working day was that of a frontline operational police officer and all that comes with the role, hence every day was different.

I can't say what its like now but I really enjoyed my time there.
Professional
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Derby18 June 2018
Professional body, anyone looking to develop life skills and bring their skills should be considered.
Superb untarnished organisation and enjoyed working with the organisation
Pros
Development of skills
Cons
Unsociable hours, distressing incidents and unpleasant offenders.
It is a part time job
Police Community Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Derbyshire3 April 2018
It is a part time job that I would like to do and I was wondering if I could use handcuffs hand would it be possible I was thinking about it for a while so can I joined the police
Pros
Free
Cons
Short
Very work ethic and always adhere to strict guidelines. Strong team and very strictly managed.
Police Community Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Derby27 December 2017
To engage with the community and to find out important information and recording it as intelligence. Patrolling on foot mainly but also in the car. Dealing with mainly lower level crime and looking on Niche system, regarding previous offenders. Attending schools and churches, to provide safety awareness.
Pros
Excellent benefits, excellent team and career progression.
Cons
Can stay behind after shift to catch up and out in all weather conditions.
Good to work for
Detective Inspector (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire10 November 2017
Derbyshire Constabulary is a very good employer to work for. It has a very good work life balance policy and supports gender agenda issues.
I have had a great career
Nice place to work
Duty Management Officer (Current Employee) –  Ripley, Derbyshire12 September 2017
Work place culture is friendly and supportive, though management ability is varied.

My personal circumstances, the management is brilliant and really supportive.

You feel as if you are working towards something worthwhile which is a massive positive.

Some of the bureaucracy is frustrating and some aspects of the working/management culture seems dated and intended to forward the careers of the few.
Awful
Police officer (Former Employee) –  Derby18 March 2017
If your face doesn't fit forget it !!! A lot of in house bullying people only care about themselves even though your constantly quoted to about "team work"
worse job and place I have ever worked
Pros
Cons
Long hours, not appreciated
hard work,underpaid, high responsibility for low reward.
call handling (Current Employee) –  Ripley, Derbyshire10 January 2017
Call handling staff are actually now investigation officer's. This is a much more responsible position. The list of responsibility is continually growing. Pay is not compatible to the responsibility expected.
Productive workplace
Clerical Officer (Former Employee) –  Derby10 October 2016
Due to the nature of the job, the role provided plenty of variety of tasks to be undertaken. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the content of some of the charge files, which could be very upsetting. The most rewarding was when a defendant was convicted in part due to the evidence you helped to obtain.
Very varied role
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Ripley, ENG12 November 2015
This volunteering role was very hectic at the best of times, often in very challenging situations.

Being a volunteer is so rewarding because you are giving something back to the local community, whilst helping to make a difference by helping people in a variety of ways.

Colleagues were always very helpful, supportive and always on hand to assist. The organisation was one big family, all striving to aspire and achieve the very best.

I have been very thankful for the opportunity and the whole aspect of the role has provided me with so much experience. It really has been invaluable to me by helping improve existing skills, but also helping to generate new skills, which has improved me as an individual overall.
Pros
Mileage costs paid for and free uniform provided
Cons
Not always enough resource to cope with demand!
A stressfull but satisfying job
Police Constable (Former Employee) –  ENG8 November 2015
The variety of the work involved was what made the job both enjoyable and difficult. There was a lot of satisfaction in completing tasks and ensuring that all relevant paperwork was completed to a high standard.
The bureaucracy could sometimes be frustrating, but this was counter-balanced by the regular interaction that took place with the public.
Pros
Job satisfaction
Cons
Paperwork
Fun workplace
Clerical Officer (Former Employee) –  Derby2 June 2015
Although a busy workplace, is it a pleasant place to work. The demands are hard and attention to detail is required there is a sense of pride in the completion of all tasks.
Pros
Pleasant atmosphere and good work/life balance
Cons
An exciting place to work.
Clerical/Audio Typist (Former Employee) –  Buxton, England14 April 2015
A typical day would start by uncovering my typewriter and going to the in box to retrieve the top document that needed to be typed (it would have to be a carbon copy).When finished I would then place said document in the out box to be checked by my supervisor.

I would do this all day and if a computer became available, I would work on it.

I would also have to type recorded witness statements.

Throughout the day I would photocopy and file the documents. I would also take important documents either to other offices in my building or to the policemen in the back building.

At the end of the day I cover up my typewriter and make sure everything was neat and ready for the next day.
Pros
Typying up important documents.
Cons
Short breaks.