Derbyshire Constabulary

Derbyshire Constabulary Employee Reviews

United Kingdom37 reviews
Worked for Derbyshire constabulary in two different roles. Really enjoyed the teams I worked for and would like to go back to work there in the future.
Lots of employee relation work, great team, supportive of work life balance throughout the organisation. Lots of variety of work including project work with a focus on wellbeing. Salary is not as competitive as other public sector organisations for similar role but other benefits included are great. Work life balance is priceless, to have a balance of work and spending time with my family supportive with good policies.
Great place to work, friendly professional colleagues, a progressive organisation at the forefront of modern day policing.
A well equipped and dedicated forensic team that delivers a first class service to the people of Derbyshire.
Brilliant career as a Police Officer.
Life experience is an advantage as one is put into all kinds of situations and I found that the younger officers often felt sometimes out if their depth when initially having to respond to often volitile domestic situations and older people in anger asking I quote 'what

would you know'.

It's a great t career opportunity which involves takes great
This is a rewarding but very stressful and demanding career. It is a stand alone type of employment that is so different every day with complex , distressing and difficult situations to overcome
excellent career loved every minute. never knew what you deal with every day. Being a police officer is most rewarding job you can have. you meet great people and enjoy helping others
A rewarding role with great responsibility. Different areas to go into to challenge yourself and achieve your best. A structure to your employment but definitely not your day.
Easy to use with lots of jobs to choose. Highly recommended!! As an working site you are looking a different variety of employers. Will recommend for number of reasons
Police Officer, The job is very varied and not one day is the same. It can be rewarding but can also be equally frustrating as no two days are ever the same.
Great support , benefits and teamwork.

The management, especially senior management were very good.

Left to re-train otherwise would have been keen to stay.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Derbyshire Constabulary?
The job is great, as a reactive constable you will be going out to jobs and dealing with many as they are unfolding in front you. You will need good communication skills and an ability to stay calm in the face of adversity.

It can be equally thrilling as it can be mind numbing but on the whole it is an enjoyable job. It can also often be arduous with very little thanks but there are times when it is obviously very rewarding as well.

Be aware that the organisation is archaic in it's approach and you are often treated very poorly by the organisation. I personally would not recommend working for them and I feel whole scale changes are required before they could be considered as a good employer.
I have enjoyed working for them but I would like a new challenge. They have been supportive of me and my colleagues are wonderful. I would recommend working for this organisation.
Pros
Great collegues
Cons
I just want a new challenge
I worked as a Special Constable and was mentored by the senior Officers. I learnt a lot whilst working there and thoroughly enjoyed the mood and working environment in the office.
Pros
Being a Police Officer
Cons
Can be emotionally taxing
Learned how to listen & speak to people. Dealt with everything that you can expect & something you don’t expect in the role of a police officer.
You work as part of a team & on your own. You use your initiative to deal with whatever issue you attend.
Varied and demanding role, ongoing, gaining new skills in every situation day to day never the same.
A varied role but including; Uniformed Frontline Police Constable dealing in public protection and the apprehension of Offenders . Responsible for the management and investigation into serious and organised crime, and the disruption of these groups. Police trained driver.

Burglary and cross border vehicle theft investigations. Prepare and present, multi agency contact on a daily basis. File preparation and attendance at Court when necessary
Pros
Great pension
Cons
Shift work 24/7 365
Up until leaving in 2006 it was a great place to work with everyone banding together to get the job done and helping each other out.

Typical working day was that of a frontline operational police officer and all that comes with the role, hence every day was different.

I can't say what its like now but I really enjoyed my time there.
Professional body, anyone looking to develop life skills and bring their skills should be considered.
Superb untarnished organisation and enjoyed working with the organisation
Pros
Development of skills
Cons
Unsociable hours, distressing incidents and unpleasant offenders.
It is a part time job that I would like to do and I was wondering if I could use handcuffs hand would it be possible I was thinking about it for a while so can I joined the police
Pros
Free
Cons
Short
A friendly environment to work in with people who care about the roles they are doing and want to do the best to provide an excellent service to the public. There are lots of benefits for working for this organisation and they help staff with all personal situations to the best they can using the policies developed over the years in the organisation.
To engage with the community and to find out important information and recording it as intelligence. Patrolling on foot mainly but also in the car. Dealing with mainly lower level crime and looking on Niche system, regarding previous offenders. Attending schools and churches, to provide safety awareness.
Pros
Excellent benefits, excellent team and career progression.
Cons
Can stay behind after shift to catch up and out in all weather conditions.
Derbyshire Constabulary is a very good employer to work for. It has a very good work life balance policy and supports gender agenda issues.
I have had a great career