Dentsu Aegis Network

Dentsu Aegis Network Employee Reviews in London

London34 reviews
Fast paced and collaborative environment, the management is very relatable with the team. One of the best things about working for DAN is the global exposure.
Dentsu aegis is a fast paced company that is for ever changing.. no two days are the same.

You could expect levels of business to change with the way business expects you to work
No worklife balance. Didnt like the management. Everyone was overworked. You have to suit a certain culture to feel part of a team. Managers werent supportive to develop you
Global company so sometimes there's a lack of communication, So many different agencies within the group makes producing different content for each group difficult as you end up with too many people saying the same thing or contradicting themselves.
During the 12 months I led New Business for the UK Media Brands I delivered the first new business win for Carat's London agency in almost two years followed by a string of further account wins.

Senior Management in the London business was fluid and no all the good talented people that left the network's agencies were adequately replaced.

Having worked alongside the London business for four years to then spend a year working inside it was both a challenge and a valuable learning experience.
Pros
Nice offices
Cons
No line management
Varied interesting role with scope for international travel. excellent management that strives to ensure a good work/life balance. TEamwork is genuinely encouraged and success is viewed in terms of team rather than individual success.
Cons
Unfortunately, there is an extremely high staff turn over, I believe this is down to poor management, not living up to the companies values, and the immense amount of work and pressure to deliver. This company does not know the meaning of work/life balance unless you know the right people. A typical day would be around 4 to 5 meetings before you even get to do your day to day job. Everything needs to be delivered yesterday, with no or little exceptions.
Pros
Met some amazing people
Cons
long hours, manipulative management
A typical day at work was challenging, yet intriguing. Smart and capable workforce which made the work feel less like work. The company allowed for a great work-life balance
Overall terrible experience. Would not recommend.
No support given from when you start the role

Feeling of disorientation and disorganisation

Awful senior consultant who used micro management, and bullying tactics to build a case of incompetence against junior members

No support from any senior management
Sinking ship with no vision and lack of leadership, promoting bullying and unfair culture. Still clear and unfair favoritism within the HR team.
The workplace culture is very hierarchical with zero work-life balance. Join if you are desperate otherwise avoid.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Dentsu Aegis Network?
A modern working environment, which allowed the flexibility to work both at home and in the office. Communications between teams across the world was well accommodated for using suitable technology.
bad management - confused direction, contradictory expectations
very poor moral

bad work life balance

little or no opportunity for movement between projects
Company was still culturally moving from a medium sized business to a large global company. A lot of rewarding work and projects to get involved in, however,little interest in focusing on training/developing staff.
Pros
Experience, atmosphere
Cons
Hit and miss with management
Fetch was a great place, DAN was good, but suffered with size, and they needed to finesse the OpCo model in my time there, as several OpCos ended up competing with each other, which the Connect Media initiative in late 2018 is likely to remedy
A typical day will start with a team meeting to discuss the task which need to be completed. I have learnt many managerial skills to help my development. The workplace culture is very corporate and hierarchical.
Pros
Private Health Care
Cons
Poor Communication
Fun two week programme teaching us about the world of advertising and website building. Also delved into learning about B2B and making your own designed website land a spot on googles first page search results.
I work in a support function where no 2 days are the same, we can come across P1 issues where we need to jump on the issue and get it fixed as quick as possible and manage all the teams to ensure a smooth resolution
Worked as part of a large corporate business structure composed of numerous partnership deals with various suppliers. Workload was centred around meeting this overhead targets, meaning little individuality in media planning. However a great experience and exposure to client facing situations and problem solving working with large budgets.
Pros
Positive exposure to new challenges.
Cons
Work life balance
When working at D2D, I was given plenty of responsibility on new projects. I was actively encouraged to step up to the next level.
Because of this however, I often worked very long hours and had very little support on projects.

Overall, I gained a wealth of experience in statistical analysis, project management, and stakeholder management.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Long Hours from time to time
As a young person in the network with a senior role I found there to be a lack of direction and guidance(not through lack of trying) from above due to its fragmented structure and although its full of great people, there is an underlying vibe of doubt in the midst of the mass majority that is invisible at first but seems obvious after a while; everyone just seems a bit lost but desperate to succeed, and its crabs in a barrel.

I came into the business quite randomly and full of ideas for progression and left feeling defeated and deflated. I say all that, but there are many good things about it too, it just wasn't for me personally.
Pros
Great benefits and salary
Cons
Bad internal comms
a nice place to work.Location is good and there are opportunities to develop a career within the global organisation. I enjoyed my time there and would recommend it.