Play YouTube video button
Deliveroo

Deliveroo Pay & Benefits reviews

United Kingdom459 reviews
Great Company
Would highly recommend Deliveroo. They do care about their employees and are constantly thinking of company benefits. More rewarding than most jobs I have been in.
Flexible
Flexible work hours. Work when you want. Competitive. It is an easy job if you like riding a bike. The management team is always there to help you when you need them.
Good salary income
Doing this job is not that easy. It is a bit risky. But the pay is not that bad. It is up to the driver. The more you do jobs the more you earn. The only struggle in this job is the weather.
My opinion
In my opinion it drastically depends on the city you work in. I went from earning 10 - 20 pounds an hour to 3 pounds an hour because I moved to a smaller city. Big cities with good cycle access are better for earning better money.
Very bad wages
Very bad wages,worse and worse pay each day unless there's a fee boost not worthy to risk your life for not even 5 pounds an hour.Used to be much better a year ago.Disappointing
Garbage job
Your gear , your paid insurance , your fuel and other costs and for this lately they offer you lies and between 6,50-11 £ per hour ( before taxes) less than 80 pence for mile in any weather condition.
Sad , because people fall in the trap thinking its a fair paid job and Deliveroo exploit the naivety of the people only to make profit. Shame.
Absolutely rubbish
Not worth it ,not enough trips and less money.Company dont bother about the drivers...never recommend anyone to this company..better get fix hours jobs
No comment
My time at deliveroo was decent even though it was demanding physically, I managed to overcome that and get the job done. The job had flexible hours which was very beneficial at that time.
Fun, relaxed set your own pace
Being a cyclist driver is fun, as you have no boss telling you what to do, also it is set at your own pace earn as little as you want or if you enjoy exercise this a great way to earn yourself £100 a day, drivers are friendly and you get to keep the tips pay is weekly, the downsides to this job is the weather, use code https://roo.it/KI244517 to earn yourself an extra £50 after 30 deliverys.
Fun job, not to taxing and good pay.
Able to chose the hours you want but is subject to if its a busy time or not whether you will get any orders. Salary is good if you get enough orders. Job culture in Guildford was good.
Tiring yet Rewarding Work
Working as a rider is fine as you are paid per order which is superb as it means your salary is limited by the effort you put in. However if orders are not coming in or restaurants are understaffed this negatively impacts upon your earning ability leading to a great deal of frustration.
Customer service/ driver
It’s very face pace, you’ll have to get to the restaurant on good time and to the customer in good time otherwise they will start to complain that the food is cold.
Other than that you get some good customers that give you good tips for your journey to them and for your hard work
Delivery driver not recommended
Deliveroo is brilliant for top up your current rate however you need to shop around for delivery driver insurance,

The pay can be good if you can if you get 4 x deliveries an hr at good rates of £6 a delivery but average is £3.88 - £4.33 per delivery so after insurance fuel average is £2 a delivery somewhat not worth it
Fun and productive
Great place to work fun and competitive and focused. I would recommend it as a great place to work.
Great benefits for employee's flexible starting times.
Good
Flexible working, salary is ok for a side job but not enough to cover living costs. I collect orders from restaurants and deliver to customers around London.
Very pòor pay with no benefits.
As a cyclist when I started 2 years ago it was a fun job getting the maximum fee per drop within 1.5 to 2.0 miles max. Then they changed the whole structure by reducing the fee and expanding the delivery limit up to 4 miles. Car drivers are also experiencing the same with the heavy cost of courier insurance and reduced fees. There is no other incentives offered by this company.
Fun interactive and freedom
It was a good job for me because i felt as if i had the freedom to enjoy my social life as well as earn a living at the same time. The app was very simple and easy to understand and if anything was to go wrong during work the deliveroo service was on point and phoned asap to check up on you. Also great how you can earn incentives during times like when its raining the amount per hour will rise in certain locations.
Easy
Hard to do on a bike and not really worth the pay. Would recommend if you can drive but the maximum I was able to do about 2 deliveries an hour and after 3 hours of riding straight its just not worth it.
It’s ok if you need somthing
Not as good as it used to be
To many riders

£0 a hour payed by drop and they pay half of the petrol you use

Not safe I can’t count how many times I nearly got robbed

But you see lovely houses with People living the good life that’s fun! You get to keep food somtimes .... you are your own boss ....
Bike riders are treated very bad
As a bike rider I must say that deliveroo doesn't care about us at all, they give preference to motorbike riders so we don't get any jobs plus they decreased the amount of money that we receive per delivery.
Worste company
I've been working with the company more than two years, and one day for NO reason they blocked my Deliveroo Rider App!
NO holidays at all, NO fair wages, many hours out for low money.
Numbers delivering number!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deliveroo. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6