Deliveroo Employee Reviews

Good pay and flexibility make up for bad points. Use referral code JO189365 for an extra £50
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire12 November 2018
The pay and flexibility of the job make up for the bad points which are pretty much 1) you're working outside 2) it can be quite, although depending on where you live this isn't an issue in the winter.

On the whole you average around £13 an hour, don't have a boss and can work wherever and whenever you like so it's perfect for me!

You can earn an extra £50 by using referral code JO189365!
Pros
Good pay, exercise, flexible, enjoyable
Cons
Tiring, ruins your bike, Tiring, can be quiet
Too Many Riders
rider (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear11 November 2018
No drops available, no shifts availiable at 17.01 after new shifts released
Coat is is a really nice bit of kit, but is much cheaper to buy on ebay
When students are in town = too many riders
No students = not enough deliveries
Productive and fun to move around and work
Deliveroo Rider (Current Employee) –  London5 November 2018
Getting to know people, being friendly and moving around, and working as this company there’s a chance by helping people getting their food delivered to their homes
Pros
Chicken and chips
Cons
Any
Low pay, hard to get work
Food courier (Former Employee) –  Glasgow4 November 2018
Pay rates are too low and you are waiting for orders way too much. My area became a booking zone and after getting full shifts for the first week, I had no more work again after that
fun workplace
Driver (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire4 November 2018
Not bad,but sometimes it's hard to book hours, and when it's not busy then it's hard to make money. It feels good to not have a boss though.
Use this code when you register if you want to get 100£ extra.
Pros
No boss
Cons
Not the best if you can't book hours
Great part time job
Food Courier (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham4 November 2018
Entailed cycling long distances around cheltenham to deliver peoples food. The winter months are hard work as people generally tend to order more food however during the summer time all deliveroo drivers convened in the same spot and often played games such a frisbee whilst waiting for an order. Very good pay but does depend on the availability of orders on any given day, also you are not required to work by them which means that although the work was flexible it was also unstable in the sense you did not know how many hours you would be needed for in a given week.
Pros
Sometimes get free food if an order is cancled
Cons
Working outside was often cold
Earn decent money while keeping in shape
Courier (Current Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire3 November 2018
Earn between £12 and £21 per hour and work with utmost flexibility.
The kit (backpack, helmet, jacket and phone mount) will be provided by Deliveroo. You only need a phone and a bike, or a scooter.

Sign up with this code https://roo.it/EM242417 and get an extra £50 on your pay check after you complete 20 orders. The hiring process is quick and easy and you're on the road within a week.

If you are into cycling and not scared of cold weather, you will have a lot of fun and earn a decent amount of money.
Pros
good exercise, good pay, fun, flexible and independent
Cons
can be exhausting, so not a full time job
Deliveroo Rider
Deliveroo Rider (Current Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire3 November 2018
I have been working as deliveroo rider since several months and I love it. The best thing about the job is great flexibility. You can choose when to work and you will not get fired if you don't show up at work, i.e you can cancel your shifts anytime.

Deliveroo offers nice referral bonus for both current rider and the referred person (after completing 30 deliveries) - so if you are interested please enter my referral bonus code: DA197628
Pros
Flexibility, fair rates, easy job
Cons
Very nice job, great flexibility, use this code when applying to get £50 after your first 30 deliveries: K0134266
Deliveroo Rider (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City2 November 2018
I've been working for deliveroo since September 2018 and It's been really great. I decide when I want to work, I don't have a boss, generally it's an independence, control and freedom from routine.
I work in deliveroo as a cyclist so it's for me great excersize as well as money. Yeah so the money, when I started it was £4 per order but no km fees so if there was a further distance to the client I was loosing some time. Now they changed that and there are higher fees for longer order distances which is great. Depending on the city, salary varies from £12 to £20 per hour, roughly. There are some bonuses as well, if you apply with a code from other rider, you get £50 after your first 30 deliveries. It's not worth it to apply without the code then. Use mine: K0134266
Pros
Flexibility, no boss, excersize while working
Cons
It can be hard where ther is a bad weather
After 7 months it's perfect for me
Rider (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands26 October 2018
I’ve been working for Deliveroo for 7 months and I think it’s an awesome job if you like to be active and are looking for flexible work. Before I started there were a number of things I wanted to know I’ll break it down into sections.
**Signing up**
Signing up is remarkably easy and you can be up and running within 1 week. You sign up online which will take you through the online procedures and you then book an ‘onboarding session’. At this session you meet with one of the experienced drivers who will check your documents, go through your details and order your equipment. After your equipment arrives you’re good to go, no need to do the trial sessions anymore. It’s very straight forward and you can be working within 1 week.
**Delivering**
Everything is done from the app and it’s fairly self explanatory. Each city or town which has Deliveroo will have a zone (you can see the zone on the app). When you’re in the zone you can go online and will be notified when a delivery becomes available. When this happens you will see the distance to the restaurant and the customer and you can choose whether to accept it or decline.
When you accept a delivery it will route you to the restaurant and you can then confirm you have arrived. You then confirm you have picked up all of the items and are then routed to the delivery address. Once you arrive at the address you confirm it’s be delivered, and, hey presto, you’ve just done your first delivery - the easiest money you’ve ever earned.
**Getting Paid**
You are paid for each completed delivery depending on the distance. This will range
  more... from £3.80 to £5+ and you can also get tips on top. Depending on the city you are working in and your speed as a cyclist you can expect to deliver 3–5 deliveries an hour with customers tipping up to £2–3 (although tipping doesn’t happen all the time). All of your delivery information is stored on the app so you can see exactly how much you’ve been paid for every delivery and how long it took. You get paid every two weeks and you can really make the money stack up if you work hard.
**Pros - Good money, exercise, flexible, no boss, not at a desk, free food**
**Cons - Not good if you're lazy**
I consistently earn between £10-16 an hour so you can earn over £100 a day if you’re working hard. If you're looking for a flexible job that keeps you fit and healthy then I think it's ideal. Students are just about to go back to Uni and then it's gets unbelievably busy. If you're going to sign up and want an extra £50 then use this referral code JO189365!
Pros
FLEXIBLE! In control of your earnings, no boss, good exercise
Cons
Can be outside in the rain, restaurants waits and being lazy
Great fun, great pay, great flexibility
Courier (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol25 October 2018
Short version:
It's fun, the salary is decent and YOU choose when to work.
If you decide to become a bike or scooter rider with deliveroo, use this code EM242417 when you sign up and earn a nice £50 bonus after you complete 30 orders (takes 3 evenings usually).

Detailed version:
It's straight forward and easy, you have to book a 1h "onboarding session" with them, they do your background check and you order your free kit (bag, helmet, phone mount for handle bar). the next day you're good to go and earn money. And you are totally independent from the management.

Riding:
You just go online in the app, which is fool proof. You get orders assigned and follow the route on google maps. You can also reject orders. I enjoy it a lot and its fun to see the earnings increase while you cycle

Equipment:
As a cyclist you only need your bike and good legs. The rest of the basic equipment will be provided by deliveroo.

Working hours:
Entirely up to you. You can work once a month for 1h if you like. However busy times are the meal times. Usually 17:30 to 22:00 or the whole day during weekends. I complete 3-4 orders an hour, which is an hourly pay of £13.50 to £18.00 plus tips. or £60.- per evening.

And we both get a bonus of £50 once you complete 30 orders if you use my code to sign up: https://roo.it/EM242417

If you like cycling you've got nothing to loose! Its free, its fun, you get to know the city and meet laid back likeminded people.
Pros
good salary, good work out, great flexibility
Cons
exposed to weather
Good in most aspects
Delivery Rider (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull20 October 2018
Overall the job is over populated, yet don't seem to put enough people on shifts. Rider support isn't great. would still recommend. It is good money if you can get on the shifts.
For the right person it's great - JO189365 for an extra £50!
Delivery Person (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London19 October 2018
If you enjoy cycling, are self-motivated and looking for flexible work then it's great.

GOOD POINTS

Work whenever you want and earn pretty decent money considering you're just cycling. Expect to earn £9-£15 an hour during meal times, sometimes get free food and have a pretty awesome workout after a full days delivering. There's also no bosses and you can come and go as you please.

BAD POINTS

Downside is you DO need to be motivated as you don't have any set shifts you just work when you want.

You've also got be okay working outside in possibly bad weather. It's actually the busiest time to work but obviously it's not for everyone.

Restaurant wait time can be frustrating and outside of mealtimes it can be slow.

If you can put up with those things then it's the job for you. You can use JO189365 and get an extra £50 when you sign up too!
Pros
Flexible, good exercise, good pay, free food, no bosses
Cons
Tiring, bad weather, slow restaurant wait
Perfect student job / second job for those who like cycling
Deliveroo Rider (Current Employee) –  Bristol17 October 2018
Working as a Deliveroo River is fun if you like cycling and exploring your city. Generally the restaurant staff are friendly, and you get to chat to other riders while waiting for orders to be prepared in the busier restaurants. Most customers are really grateful and polite. With decent wet weather gear rain shouldn’t faze you, particularly since bad weather makes for more orders and busier nights. In good weather it is great being paid to cycle around and keep fit. After a few weeks, even hills don’t bother you much.

The application process for becomng a Deliveroo Rider is very easy – just fill out a short online form with your contact details (use referral code https://roo.it/JO173976 to get a £50 bonus after 20 drops). You then book an “onboarding session”, which is not a job interview but simply a session to get you set up on their system and to make you watch a few safety videos. At the end of this session you have to order your own Deliveroo kit for doing deliveries. The basic kit of the large backpack, smaller thermal bag, and cycling jacket cost £45. For completing the application online to being on the road doing deliveries for me took less than a week.

Payment as a Deliveroo rider is usually paid per delivery, with payments varying slightly according to distance. My deliveries around Bristol pay an average of £4.50 per drop. On top of that there are also tips. In busy times I can do about three or four deliveries an hour and so with tips earn quite a decent rate.

You can choose when you want to work although the best nights to work are Friday, Saturday
  more... and Sunday when it gets really busy. Some areas (eg. Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Leicester, Wimbledon) are currently Free Zones where any rider can clock on or off whenever they like. Others are booking zones where riders have to book sessions to work in advance once a week.

Sign up with this referral code: https://roo.it/JO173976 to get a £50 bonus after 20 drops
Pros
Flexible work; easy to fit Deliveroo work around university or another job; keep fit; no boss.
Cons
Bad weather; no job security; no career progression
Use code JE242054 for a £50 Bonus after 20 drops
Rider (Current Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire15 October 2018
Being a Deliveroo rider is a great part-time job. You are your own boss and you can work wherever and whenever you like. The only downside is that in busy areas (like where I work - Oxford) there can be a lot of competition for booking shifts - within 3 minutes of the booking system going live in Oxford it is completely full! Nevertheless, I would still highly recommend it because of the freedom it provides. The salary per hour also isn't bad!

Oh and if you want £50 just for signing up - use this code: JE242054
Pros
Work whenever and wherever you want
Cons
Tough signing up for shifts as it gets booked up very fast
Finally honest, relevant and up to date review!
Rider (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire13 October 2018
Hi everyone, I've been riding for Deliveroo for 2 months during my masters and it keeps on going. Why? I simply LOVE IT!
Imagine a job where you earn decent money for riding a bike (keeping you fit).

- The applying process is very quick and easy. You register on the website and arrange an appointment, which is usually the next week. Interview takes about one hour. The managers complete with you the registration and explain you everything (what to do/not to do). Afterwards you apply for a Deliveroo kit (helmet, phone holder, waterproof jacket and two food thermo boxes) completely for FREE!!! Delivery takes around one day and you are ready to go. Even if you don't wanna ride, there are no conditions - you just keep the kit forever :)

- To apply for shifts is very intuitive (in the app on your phone) - you just have to be fast and get the shift you wanted. Most busiest are 11:30 - 14:00 and then 19:00 - 22:00 if you wanna work hard and make lot of money (usually around 14£ per hour).

- First delivery - in the app it will show a place you where to go and amount of money you get from it, if you accept that offer. Pick up the food in the restaurant and deliver it to the customer - simple as that :)

- You will be paid every two weeks on Tuesday to your account. For pick up you are rewarded 2£, delivery 1£ + % per mile/km - usually 4-6£ per delivery - depends on the distance.

Hope this was useful! If you read it all the way here, check this out. If you register with this promo code - JA244523
you will get up to 250£ after completing 20 deliveries!!! Depending on the
  more... region where you want to work and what is the demand for riders there. For instance in Portsmouth I got 100£ (that covered my bike expenses! :)

Wish you all the best with Deliveroo!
Pros
You are in charge of your time - work whenever you want, you are being paid for cardio (being fit), great for students to earn some money and manage their time with studying
Cons
Sometimes you have to wait for quite a long in the restaurants for the delivery
Good Money and flexible shifts
Food Delivery rider (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex12 October 2018
Choose your own shifts so its flexible
good for students
good hourly pay (around £12 an hour)

for an extra £50 after 20 orders sign up with my referral code JA237707
Pros
Pick when you work
Cons
Weather could be bad
Use code JE242054 for a £50 Bonus after 20 drops
Rider (Current Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire11 October 2018
Working as a Deliveroo rider is the perfect student job. You can manage your own work hours and you don't have to answer to a manager. My course was super intense which meant I was unable to work at a coffee shop or in a pub - with Deliveroo I could cancel sessions if work piled up and do extra ones when I had spare time - I would highly recommend it!

Oh and if you want £50 just for signing up - use this code: JE242054
Great job for students or part-time workers! Use referral code JO189365 for an extra £50 after your first 30 orders!
Deliver Driver (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester11 October 2018
Deliveroo is ideal if you have other work commitments or even studies. Work is completely flexible so you can fit it into your schedule and you can earn good money for the hours you do work.

I average between £10-£15 an hour with tips on top and you also get calves of steel!

Now is the best time of year to work as it starts to get colder and university students get used to living off takeaways!

If you want an extra £50 then use referral code JO189365.
Pros
Good pay, free workout, no boss, free food, flexible
Cons
Have to be determined to work through bad weather
Very flexible hours
Delivery Rider (Current Employee) –  London11 October 2018
Although not socially a good job it was very easygoing as I could pick all my own hours to work. However some days I would earn below minimum wage for the time I worked.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deliveroo. Our community is ready to answer.