Deliveroo Employee Reviews

Need some improvenments
Part time driver (Current Employee) –  London16 April 2018
Is not a bad job, but I am not really happy with the system for deliveries. Waiting at restaurants for food is not a good thing when you go fee per drop and it makes you waste your time and sometimes ruining your day or at least that hour.
And yes you can work whenever you want but if you do not work on weekends you are losing a lot of money as in the weekdays is not really busy.
always on the go, doing deliverys
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Wembley Stadium14 April 2018
Deliveroo was a wonderful experience however, due to the lack of deliveroo cyclist a lot of orders was late. some orders was 25 minutes away from the zone then the delivery address was 15 minutes cycle from the collection point. This ment very few deliveries was completed as a cyclist.
Pros
discounts
Cons
distances between the collection point and address
when it is busy it's a great job
driver (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside12 April 2018
when there are enough orders to go around it feels brilliant being outside doing exercise while getting paid about £10 pound an hour.
All too often though you are hanging around in the cold waiting for orders or for me last month not being able to make enough to live off. Its mentally exhausting to not know whether you will be earning enough or not
Pros
being outside
Cons
having absolutely no control of how much you earn
Fun Job
Courier (Current Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire10 April 2018
I enjoy working at Deliveroo as it keeps you fit and punctual, however there are currently not as many shifts available which is a problem that has occurred recently.
Pros
Flexible with university
Cons
Not many shifts available.
Deliveroo Use code BE146471 for £50 bonus after 20 order.
Rider (Current Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent9 April 2018
Deliveroo is a very flexible work option. Being able to book shifts on and off as you please.
The flexibility allows me to do it while being at university.
Managment is hands off and its good excercise
Pros
Flexibility, decent pay
Cons
Staff at restaurants
work around your own life - use code MA33016 for extra cash when signing up (see below)
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Greater London9 April 2018
Good fun job that allows you to work flexibly around your life. The pay is pretty decent in the busy times (lunch, dinner and weekends). You can still earn good money at other times but there just tends to be less orders. Very easy and stress free job - the app that Deliveroo give you makes it very straightforward.

Downsides - the weather and communicating with deliveroo rider support via email (they take a long time to respond), although you won't need to talk to them often.

Sign up using this link if you are a cyclist, scooter or even car driver https://roo.it/ma33016 for a £50 bonus from deliveroo and 50% of my referral fee. just email me on mrowles (at) live (dot) co dot uk for more details!
Pros
flexiblity around your life
Cons
weather, communication with deliveroo
flexible job
Rider (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands8 April 2018
I have worked for Deliveroo for more than 2 years, flexible and easy job, average salary every two weeks about £650-£700 not bad for the single person but you cant rely your life on this job cause its sometimes so quiet and you cant make good money, Deliveroo sacked me after two years while I put my life on this job paying rent my finances my insurance and all living expenses and they just sent me an email that we will finish your contract in two weeks! I sent them hundreds of email but didn't answer my emails. Deliveroo is not bad as a part-time job but never as the main job.
Productive and fun workplace - £100 incentive using ref. https://roo.it/RA188705
Delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire6 April 2018
Hi there!
It's been about 3 months since i started working with Deliveroo and all I can confirm for the time being is that my expectations were met and in reality the job fully provides you with the the flexibility that the company refers to.
Being your own boss can be demanding however greatly rewarding as you are in responsibility of what you do 100% of the time yet it did not pull the best of me even in peak hours or weather conditions.
The fee per delivery ranges between £4 and £4.25 with common bonus-per-delivery incentives through peak hours which range between £0.50 - £3 per drop. In my personal experience, I've been doing 10 to 15 deliveries per shift which consists of 3 or 4 hours, couple of times a week, a great side income!
I can safely say it's a laid back job with friendly company reps that are here to actually help if needed and I have enjoyed the time so far. Wish nothing but the best to Deliveroo and their staff!

As a matter of fact I am giving back £100 of the referral bonus as incentive to newcomers who wish to enjoy flexible working hours, good pay rates and an overall great place to be, by using the ref. code directly - RA188705 !
Pros
Relying on yourself 100% of the time. Fun, flexible work and decent cash
Cons
Weather

Comment – 12 April 2018

Hi again guys! The incentive is available upon completing your first 20 orders, don't hesitate :)

flexible and fun, great workout
Rider (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London6 April 2018
I'm 18 and I started 7 months ago. It's super flexible - you choose when to start your shift and when to end it - and so enjoyable.
The pay is pretty good (about 10£/hour) and in the end you feel very rewarded, because basically you're getting paid to work out!
I really like riding and instead of going running or to the gym I decided to take up this job. I usually spend three hours delivering every evening on Fridays and weekends, and some weekdays too, but less time. This replaces my leg workout, and it really does miracles to your legs. Then I don't spend so much time at the gym.

Working as a rider has really benefited me in all ways possible, emotionally, and mostly physically (well and economically too).

I recommend it to everyone.

Here's a personal recommendation: buy yourself some nice warm tights and shorts to feel comfortable, and a warm jacket too or a compression shirt, so you don't get cold. AND A GOOD PAIR OF TRAINERS!

I honestly didn't imagine I would be so fit doing this, I mean, just because of this it's the perfect part-time job.

BEFORE TAKING IT UP I ALSO RECOMMEND TO START WORKING OUT A BIT IF YOU'RE NOT USED TO IT, BECAUSE YOU'VE GOT TO HAVE QUITE FIT LEGS TO BE ABLE TO HANDLE 3 OR 4 DELIVERIES PER HOUR (YOU HAVE TO RIDE FAST).
Pros
Flexible, pretty well paid, so fun, Amazing physical results
Cons
Bad weather sometimes
Very flexible but not a reliable income
Bike Courier (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire5 April 2018
In my situation, alongside studies, the job is ideal as it allows me to select shifts as and when without having to worry about the negative effects on employers if you take a few weeks off etc.
Not ideal for people needing a stable income or full time work as shifts are not guaranteed and only organised a week in advance.
However, at peak times with a bit of luck in terms of delivery distances, it's possible to make good money but equally no consequences if you don't.
Pros
Paid exercise, flexible, can be good pay
Cons
Not reliable, weather/demand dependent
Good pay, fun and flexible
Rider (Current Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire5 April 2018
It is a great job for students wanting to earn extra income whilst studying. The pay is good at £4 a delivery (with fee boosts at times of high demand) and it allows you to work around your availability. The job is physically demanding at times (especially in strong winds) and can be unpleasant in bad weather. You can also get the kit for free at the moment! Best of luck :)
Pros
Flexible, good pay
Cons
Working in bad weather, can be hard to get work with bad statistics
Good pay - when you can get work
Rider (Current Employee) –  Swansea City4 April 2018
Generally earn £8-9/hour. Also extra pay on days with bad weather. However, massively over-saturated with "employees" so getting regular work is hard.
Pros
Free app with a lot of perks/discounts
Cons
not enough shifts
Okay
Rider (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire1 April 2018
Referral code for £50 after first 20 deliveries
Not the worst but the obly annoying thing is getting the hours in and booking shirts in city center whuch is best olace on a mountian bike
Come along and join us
Deliveroo rider (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon31 March 2018
Great job and do the hours that suit you.

Are you looking to earn money fast. Do you enjoy cycling or riding your motorcycle or driving your car. Well you can earn doing something you enjoy. Join deliveroo and earn a great income. Use my REFERRAL code to receive an extra £50 bonus after you complete 20 orders. That can be done within days. Easy to sign up and you could start within days. Also driving use zego payg insurance at lower cost.
Pros
Nice tips. Working out doors and own boss
You get what you put in
Delivery Biker (Current Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey27 March 2018
The hours you chose are extremely flexible are not not limited to a minimum amount. At least in my zone, riders are paid per drop (4£, or more when high demand) which means that you only want to work in the busier hours (mostly evening and around lunch). The atmosphere is very relaxed and you'll always have other riders in your area you can say hi to. You also get to know a lot of restaurant staff. The hardest parts of the job are when the delivery location is very far, or when the weather is harsh. The most enjoyable parts are the social aspects and being active. Overall I would recommend to any decently fit person looking for a part time job.

For a 50£ bonus after 20 deliveries use this code: AD137725.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Not all hours worth working
Sign up with this code and we both get a referral bonus; DA161390
Rider (Current Employee) –  Wimbledon, Greater London26 March 2018
I've worked for deliveroo for just over 5 months now, I really enjoy the freeness the job gives you. You can choose where and when you want to work. Normally £4 per delivery, sometimes it gets boosted to £5/£6 per delivery in busy times. Could have up to 5/6 deliveries an hour.

Use this code and after you complete 20 deliveries, we both get a bonus: DA161390

Enjoy
Pros
Chose work place and time. Sometimes receive free food. Good rate of pay
Cons
Not always the best weather for riding
Diabolical company
Cycle Courier (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear26 March 2018
I have worked for Deliveroo in Newcastle for 8 months. Over the past 2 months they have increased the number of riders per shift way in excess of demand, resulting in limited earning potential, way less than minimum wage.
Rider support, via email, is appalling.
Avoid.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Badly organised, no support, terrible pay due to bad organisation and surplus riders.
Laid back
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire23 March 2018
very good hours and flexible great for a student as far as regular income I would suggest it as a part-time job and income, and to have another job as you can't guarantee how much you will make each shift.

The most enjoyable part of the job is your outside cycling and interacting with people which you don't get in most other jobs.
Fun, flexible work that fits around your life - USE LINK HTTPS://ROO.IT/MA33016 for £100+!
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London23 March 2018
I've been working for Deliveroo for nearly two years and am still loving it! Although the company has made a few changes regarding pay and how shifts are booked, it's still fun, flexible work that pays out some decent cash considering how easy the work is! You'll have the option of purchasing the kit you need from Deliveroo (e.g. thermal bags, helmet) or if you have them already you'll just need to complete the onboarding process and you're good to go!

The 'Rider' app you'll use whilst out on the job is very straightforward and makes the work nice and easy. If you have a problem with an order you can call Deliveroo to get it sorted. This job could suit you if you are planning to work on a bicycle, on a scooter or in a car.

However, if you have an issue that's not related to a live order (e.g. fees) then you'll need to email Deliveroo. This can be a little frustrating sometimes as they can take a little while to respond. Having said this - they always sort out any issues you might have!

If you're thinking of signing up to work for Deliveroo then use the link the review summary for an extra £50 plus i'll give you 50% of the referral fee I receive! Email me on mrowles (at) live (dot) co (dot) uk if you'd like to know more!
Pros
Fun, flexible work and decent cash
Cons
communication with management could be better
Fun, easy, flexible job. Use link for signing up: https://roo.it/MA175039
Delivery Rider (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London21 March 2018
I started this job in London, where everyone warned me biking is a life hazard, but on the contrary I have been tremendously enjoying it. It's a great way to get to know people and the area you live in. Or you can choose to work in completely new areas of London or even other cities. All the while making a decent wage and getting a free workout and fresh air. Basically you are your own boss and get to choose your own shifts completely.. I doubt there are many jobs as flexible as this one. If you want to start and earn an extra £50 after your first 20 orders use this link for signing up:

Cheers and happy riding.
Pros
Flexible, decent pay, good workout
Cons
A bit hands-off management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deliveroo. Our community is ready to answer.