Deliveroo Employee Reviews

Get a £50 starting bonus with referral code SE27734
Rider (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London15 August 2018
Flexible - work when you want, can work as little or as much as you want.
As a student, it is an ideal part time job.
Keeps you fit if you work on a bicycle.
If you have a scooter or a car you could easily do it as a full time job.

Enter code SE27734 when applying to get a £50 starting bonus after completing 30 orders.
Pros
Flexible, keeps you fit
Cons
Working in bad weather, can be quiet sometimes
Perfect place to work
Food Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire14 August 2018
I have learned many skills such as time management, concentration, customer service, communication and many others. This job is perfect way to keep fit if you deliver food with your bike
Fun Job if you are into cycling
Rider (Current Employee) –  Loughborough10 August 2018
I enjoy this job because the hours are flexible and I like cycling. A typical day at work varies depending on the time of year. During the summer, there are few food orders and a lot of time waiting around. Other periods of the year are usually very busy due to the return of students at university. The most enjoyable part of the job for me would be meeting new people such as other riders.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Often hours unpaid because there are no food orders
Excellent flexible work for a little extra pocket money
Delivery Rider (Former Employee) –  Birmingham3 August 2018
Very suitable as temporary work alongside another job or university study. A good excuse to exercise. The only issue with the fully flexible contract is that work is not guaranteed, some days you may sign into the app and not get an order for an hour or so, some days you may sign in and get 3-4 orders per hour. Pay is based on each delivery, and when I was employed it came to £4 per delivery.
Pros
Getting paid to exercise, fully flexible if required
Cons
Work is not guaranteed
It would be great if, ... You could actually get enough shifts
Bicycle Courier (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside30 July 2018
This is a difficult review to write as in many ways the company is better than its main rival ubereats. When logged on, you (generally) get a steady stream of jobs plus the rate per drop is better and the distances are more manageable. Unfortunately though, the downside is that it is virtually impossible to book the shifts. Deliveroo operate a two stage booking system. Shifts are released on Mondays. People with priority access book at 11am and everyone else gets left untill 3pm, by which time everything is gone. Your only option at this point is to try and pick up cancellations. Deliveroo say you gain access to 11am by maximising your "statistics", which comprise, your % of late cancellations, your attendance rate and your super peak participation (number of bookings during the busiest periods). This is untrue, as I have maximised all these statistics and am still stuck at 3pm struggling to get shifts and having to travel to different areas trying to get bits and pieces here and there.

As I say, this would be an ok job if you could find a reliable and fair way of getting shifts, but as it is, it is a struggle and really stressful financially.
Pros
Reasonable average rate per hour (when you have a shift), manageable distances.
Cons
Extreme difficulty getting shifts.
Fun exercise but unreliable income
Deliveroo Rider (Current Employee) –  Southampton27 July 2018
It's fun just cycling around for 1-2 hours a day making approximately £12/hour but the income is unreliable and only good shifts provide that kind of money.
Good for students or anyone looking for a bit of extra cash/wants to exercise whilst making money.
Pros
Good wage on busy shifts
Cons
Unreliable income
Nice work, but a bit difficult to get it sometimes
Delivery Rider (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear24 July 2018
I’ve worked for deliveroo for 3 months now and am enjoying the work. Being paid a good wage to get out and exercise is great, although it can be a bit tiresome in bad weather. It is also quite hard with the booking system to get the hours you want at times, and I often don’t work as much as I’d like to. However, if you’re looking for a job to earn some pocket money and have fun doing it, especially as a student this is the perfect company. Also, if you do sign up, use the referral code AL198008 for a bonus £50 after your first 30 deliveries!
Pros
Good pay, Flexible Hours, Paid to exercise
Cons
Working in bad weather, can be hard to get shifts
Great for students- plus bonus
Rider (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands22 July 2018
-Great flexible work for people who love cycling and the flexibility to be able to fit around things such as existing work or studies

-Weather can sometimes be a downside if it is cold/ wet but this also usually means more tips which are always nice

-Can choose whichever vehicle you'd like to use to complete orders

-When signing up you can get free £50 by using the code HA108050 or using the link https://roo.it/HA108050 and completing a set amount of orders.
Good to keep it, code for £50 to get you started!
Deliveroo Rider (Current Employee) –  Nottingham20 July 2018
Job has benefits of keeping fit and getting good wage of £8-10 and hour. You will have to pay for the equipment. When I started I used this to get £50 off my equipment after completing 20 deliveries.
Pros
free food good tips
Cons
weather?
Decent pay, flexible work, £50 bonus with code AS123481
Rider (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire18 July 2018
Easy to get started, sign up with referral code AS123481 or click here https://roo.it/AS123481 for a £50 bonus.

Flexible hours, work when you want. Can do 3-4 deliveries per hour (£12-£16). Plus people tip if you're friendly.

Weather can be bad but you get paid more when it is, and people tip more.
Pros
Work when you want, good pay, sometimes get free food
Cons
Bad weather, waits at restaurants
Great company to work for use code an167586 for £100 after 20 deliveries
Rider (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands17 July 2018
Deliveroo are a really good company to work for, lots of benefits like free food, big discounts on everything from electronics to food. Good pay, can earn around £12 an hour on average plus tips. It is a very flexible job, can work whatever hours you wish to work, whenever you want.
Pros
Good Pay, Good exercise, great perks, perfect for students
Cons
Tiring, weather can make job difficult
Producitve and fun workplace, decent income
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire9 July 2018
Hi there!
It's been about 3 months since i started working with Deliveroo and all I can confirm for the time being is that my expectations were met and in reality the job fully provides you with the the flexibility that the company refers to.
Being your own boss can be demanding however greatly rewarding as you are in responsibility of what you do 100% of the time yet it did not pull the best of me even in peak hours or weather conditions.
As a matter of fact I am giving back £100 of the referral bonus as incentive to newcomers who wish to enjoy flexible working hours, good pay rates and an overall great place to be, by using the link in the description or the ref. code directly - https://roo.it/BO192829
Pros
Being your own boss
Cons
Weather
Fun job
Rider (Current Employee) –  Bristol8 July 2018
I enjoy working at deliveroo because it allows me to be very active and i enjoy cycling a lot. I have always had an interest in cycling and this makes my work there a lot easier. I also really like the that i can select the hours i work this made it much easier for me as a student.
Pros
Work when you want
Cons
Restaurants can take too long
great for cyclists
Deliveroo Rider (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury7 July 2018
if you like cycling, thats all theres to it! lots of independence and great people to work with. fun job, but not enough security if you want to use it to make a living.
Great work opportunity for students, viable for full-timers
Part-time work during my master's studies (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh3 July 2018
Being a Deliveroo courier is a rewarding job for students, who seek to earn some money while studying. Being a full-time courier can be demanding, but a viable place to work. The income is decent. The work occasionally requires patience, as it is highly demand-sensitive.
good work ethic
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Leicestershire3 July 2018
not the best pay but would recomend for students as hours are flexible and helps you get to know your area and getting you fit at the same time with minimal customer interaction
Pros
getting fit
Cons
competitive work
Flexible working environment
Food Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  London2 July 2018
Deliveroo allows you to be flexible in your work and offers great benefits to the riders including great deals on high street shops. I learned how to work independently, cycling for many hours at a time on my own. The toughest part of the job was the constant exercise but it is very enjoyable to work as part of the team around the area and meeting new people.
Pros
Flexible work, good benefits, good environement
Cons
Tough work with constant exercise, management seemingly oblivious to employee concerns and a very impersonal contact with the riders.
Good work and exercise
Delivery Rider (Current Employee) –  Southampton2 July 2018
A healthy and happy job to have while studying or another part time job, easy to do, the customers are always happy to recieve their food and the flexible hours are nice
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Sometimes far to cycle
Flexible. Good exercise
Cycle Courier (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham28 June 2018
Great way to earn a little money, can be flexible to hours can fit around a second job or education. Main advantage was getting to know my area more and getting fit at the same time!
Well payed but poorly run.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Horsham24 June 2018
Firstly, working for Deliveroo requires no experience, qualifications or even the attending of an interview, anyone 18+ with a bike, scooter or car is eligible.

Next the pay, the pay is good. I've even found myself at times making £20 an hour. However the pay is inconsistent due to it being based on how many deliveries you do and not a fixed hourly rate.

Leading on to my next point, there is a limit on how many people can be working at one time, but Deliveroo (in my area) have hired way too many people. Now due to it being per delivery, the pay in slow hours can sometimes even be £0 due to the few orders being spread over a much bigger work force.

Finally the management, the management and the general way the company is run is probably the worst thing I've ever experienced. Its definitely clever, its all automated and supposed to be quick and simple (i'm sure they turn over a lot of profit this way). But for me personally so much has gone wrong and I've received little if any help to resolve the issues and when help does occur, its weeks down the line.

I would definitely recommend working for Deliveroo as a means to maybe buy your first car and get lessons, pay for fuel in your first car or at a push help reduce student debt but it is without a doubt not a long term job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deliveroo. Our community is ready to answer.