DEICHMANN Employee Reviews

nice air conditioning
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 September 2018
The place is very clean and tidy with air conditioning the manager and staff are friendly and relaxed and helpful. it very stress free in the store and the managers are calm
Pros
fine
good
Bad
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff4 June 2018
Rubbish wage
No support
If you speak up against something that's clearly not right, you get judged .
Hardly no staff to cover holidays or sick days
Reliable staff are taking advantage of.
Avoid.
Pros
Cons
Above
Lovely environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex16 March 2018
Opening the store, putting the tills on, making sure everyone knew what they were doing for the day, keeping in top of kpis. Replenishment, tidying up, visual merchandising, closing of the store
Pros
nice people
Easygoing workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bexleyheath13 February 2018
Typical day included dealing with customers, tidying the shop floor, working on delivery and working on the tills. Management was very easy going and always understandable.
Pros
discounted shoes
Cons
Low pay
Fun place at times
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull31 January 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Deichmann, I got on well with my colleagues and manager, only reason for leaving was because I wasn’t able to have more hours or step up to supervisor due to the positions being taken, would recommend.
Pros
Discount, fun colleagues
Cons
Minimum wage
Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Poole15 January 2018
My role was to manage the store successfully and efficiently. To take pride in customer service spending time with both customers and staff ensuring that high quality is provided.

Training was very structure and people were very helpful in training. both at store level and at Head office, but the bits in between is where it needs to be more consistency. My line manager as OK, with constant changing in direction given and consistent changing with regards to tasks or dates. Holiday were hard to approve to the point of where booking holidays were impossible in my experience.

With retail and the fast pace of the company, the staff have to work hard and efficiently to get the task and daily jobs completed as a team. there are no short cuts in achieving KPIs or tasks.

The hardest part of the job is keeping on top of store standards seasonal merchandising, if the team isn't focused or experienced enough. As one day of uncompleted tasks on a day off, can come back to bite.

Deichmann is a typical retail environment, which is face pace yet very structured in places, there is room to progress within the company, as the company continues to grow within the UK.
Pros
Structured training and development, pay is very competitive
Cons
Embargo weeks and how the salary/bonus works
Productive and fun workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London1 October 2017
Is a nice job, nice people. Customer service is the priority, I love to communicate with people, to satisfy their needs. I think the hardest part of the job is delivery. Because we as a girls are weighing up all the time, this is not a job for girls, it's a job for boys.
Competitive and a hard environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 September 2017
During my day at work, I was treated unfairly by all managerial staff. Favouritism was a HUGE part of the Deichmann Company. I was persecuted for wanting to go to university and my hours were weak. My interactions with all staff, including District and Regional Managers were awful.
Cons
bad organisation
Productive and friendly workplace
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Ellesmere Port19 August 2017
Good progression opportunities, great company values, great team.
overall good communication. Flexible working hours.
great working environment on a daily basis.
Pros
good bonus structure
good working environment but management lacked
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Taunton, Somerset30 June 2017
Working for Deichman was a challenging experience but a good one. The job itself was enjoyable, however the management wasn't very well organised. Rotas changed days before with little notice, you had to work every bank holiday.
Pros
good environment
Cons
little working beneifits
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chatham, Kent22 June 2017
Great place to work staff are easy to get along with and there always helpful and friendly. The stock is easily found and purchased all current deals/sales are well presented.
Horrendous
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ilford, Greater London26 May 2017
The pay is a joke and they don't consider you to Bec human at all. You have to do a lot of work in return for horrible pay and an experience which is terrible
Cons
Lovely place to work, with a brilliant team and management.
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  London14 November 2016
Absolutely love working for this company, they have an amazing team there, and the management are brilliant.

the job its self is tiring and hard, but its all worth it in the end.
Pros
The team are lovely.
Cons
6/7 day weeks.
Rude Manager
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton18 August 2016
Staff were polite and friendly but management was very rude.
I was shouted at in front of customers numerous times for just missing the shoe care target for hour which l found unprofessional.
l witnessed management shout at customers and be extremely disrespectful. All the other staff knew the manager was out of order but no one wanted to risk their jobs.
Around my third month of working there l fell pregnant and had a difficult pregnancy, i had to go into hospital and my manager wasn't very impressed and told us that sickness was not tolerated.
many times l threw up on myself at work and was told to "clean yourself up and get back out there" in a rude manner.

In the end l left which was a shame it could be such a lovely job and the other staff were wonderful but l just couldn't cope with the management
Pros
good hours
Cons
bad management
productive
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Walthamstow7 July 2016
the first few days was all about learning what it was like to actually work as a customer service assistant. i have learned how to work together as a team with my colleagues.
Pros
learn new skills
productive
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Salford22 March 2016
- helping to find the customers like of shoe they ask for and organizing the stockroom and shop floor with all the footwear and shoe products in order by serial code to be able to find them easy and also learned how to manage the till.
Fun work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow27 August 2015
I enjoyed working in Deichmann part time whilst studying in college. It was a great opportunity to ease in the world of employment and met great people along the way.
Pros
Instore staff discount
Cons
Unsociable working hours
repeatitive but interesting place to work
Sales Assistant / Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Luton, ENG27 May 2015
To be able to work here you need to be hard working and not give up when things start to get repeatitive. I have learnt to become patient with customers and deal with incidents that i wouldnt normally want to deal with. I have also learnt great customer service and basic shop working skills such as working on the tills and having to work at a fast pace to maintain shops quality standards (apperance). My co-workers at Deichmann are lovely and i have got along with everyone; we have been through rough patches when it comes to mangement when our manager left and we had multiple covers and things were up and down alot so i have also learnt to work with change of instructions reguarly .
Thar hardest part of the job is keeping on top of the extremely busy atmospher and having to sustain the shops tidiness whilst keeping customers happy; also making sure your shoe care target is above the actual target. Whereas the most enjoyable part of working here is, for me, working on the displays and making sure everything is looking astethically pleasing for the customers and company quality, along with pleasing customers and having a lively place to work.
Pros
20% discount and 50% off work shoes
Cons
not many hours given and little pay
friendly enviroemnt
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ENG4 April 2015
As it was based in Westfield you would always be busy either working with stock or helping out a customer which i really enjoyed
Crowded, Fun & great
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westfield, London1 August 2014
It was okay, quite a long time ago so I can't really give a good review however everyone was welcoming and great to talk to.
Pros
Great staff
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DEICHMANN. Our community is ready to answer.

DEICHMANN Reviews by Location