Dee Set Employee Reviews

Overall decent
Stock Controller (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire4 June 2019
Good company to work for, management very good and helpful and understanding of colleague needs, excellent work life balance (8-4pm Monday to Friday) only draw backs are the pay it is minimum wage and for the workload it doesn't warrant it and they offer zero hour contracts, however if you fall onto the right department you'll be in all day everyday
Pros
Work life balance, 8hr days, friendly atmosphere
Cons
Pay, zero hr contract
10 June 2019

Thank you for your feedback. It's great to hear that you've had a positive experience with Dee Set.

Poor Company to work for
AREA MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Derby24 May 2019
I was an Area Manager and had a good team Regional.manager was very unprofessional talking bout personal issues with other AMs. When made redundant within months my job was back advertised for the same area. Pay was shocking best thing out of it was the car all though got hammered with tax. No support from Head Office they set us all up to fail before we even start a job. No recognition for the field staff no benefits for the hard work they do. Still in contact with alot of the field staff and there feedback is that they have no face to face contact with management gone of the days of communication. Not a company I recommend to work for.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
28 May 2019

Thank you for your feedback, we will look into your comments and take the nessasary action to improve the overall experience of our colleagues.

One star review is generous
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dundee, Dundee City23 May 2019
No benefits with this company at all.
And they have no idea how to motivate a team or how to inspire people to come into work.
Constantly put down by Area Managers & nothing is good enough.
When you ask for help/guidance/assistance or training none is given. I was left alone to work on my 2nd day and with a department of 105 bays which at that time was ran by 2 people for 4 weeks then 3 staff thereafter.
Most of the time in my employment we ran with 3 members of staff which should have been 5 colleagues in the team.
This was a constant struggle to complete all tasks on time.
We had 4 colleagues over Christmas which did help a little.
They expect you to cover another store at a moments notice. I was told by the area manager "if I tell you to go to another store you bloody well do it"
Stores receive a ridiculous amount of emails daily and are expect to react & respond instantly.
Stores run on budget hours and barely cover the work needing done and recruitment are slow to react to fill vacancies putting pressure on existing staff & causing them to be de-motivated & not want to come into work.
They care more about The new ways of working, Drota, dlearning & sending in photos weekly of your department than actually spending time with the staff & develop them and making them feel more valued as an employee.

I resigned as the stress of this position put me into a state of major anxiety and depression, & the reasons were explained clearly to the area manager all he cared about was if the store was prepared for the stock take.

They have no idea how to manage
  more... stock, they throw thousands of lines into stores then weeks later it's all marked down which gives teams mountains of work to re-merchandise a department & launch a massive sale overnight and to which no nightshift rate is paid. They want sale out, then off the the floor, then out again and then move to a secondary location.
You never no if your coming or going.

Attended an "Area meeting with 12 supervisors from 30 ish stores in the area and not one employee had anything positive to say about Deeset / nutmeg.

If you are looking for a part time evening / weekend job then dee set "could" be ok if they cared more about the people and actually paid them a fairer wage.

If it's a full time position at a senior level I would avoid.

I'm saddened that I really looked forward to work for Deeset/Nutmeg in the beginning but as of late I couldn't be happier to leave.

I did not work the last two days of my notice as i don't think the company deserves my time anymore.
Pros
Flexible hours if needed. 4 weekly pay
Cons
Your not valued as an employee, No discounts, No overtime pay, no nightshift rate, expected to launch sale on budget hours, no trust from senior management, very slow to react to vacancies & can't retain staff.
28 May 2019

Thank you for highlighting your concerns and disappointment regarding the lack of training and support you have received as a new member of our team. Here at Dee set we are keen to provide training, coaching and development on an ongoing basis in order to enable you to complete your tasks to the best of your ability, and to the high standards that we set as a company. I would like to apologise that you have not experienced the supportive environment we aim to deliver. Your feedback will be passed on to the relevant team to allow them the opportunity to improve on this at every opportunity.

Very poor company to work for!
Area Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Devon19 May 2019
Very poor company to work for. No support is offered. Poor pay and hours. They say they are there for you when needed, but never are!
Shoddy company, bad effort DeeSet.
28 May 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We aim to provide a supportive environment for our colleagues so I would like to apologise that this is not reflected in your experience with Dee Set. Your comments will be passed to the relevant teams as I'm sure they would welcome the chance to take your comments into consideration and to improve the overall experience of all our colleagues where possible.

Very poor office management
Shop merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester16 May 2019
Been working here for a while and one thing I can say is that the office managerment is worse than poor ask yourself what other company is there where an account manager has to ask office staff to place people on there account planning team needs to be changed there is one individual doing it who needs to be sacked or put back in the field for a bit and if anyone who has worked here knows who that is another thing if you have an issue while on a clients site you would find that they will take their word over yours regardless off what has happened

On the “”positive”” if you get on with the guys your working with and start to enjoy work don’t expect to work with them again if you don’t get on with some guys you’ll be working with them all the time if you get positive feedback from clients don’t expect to work there again or work the following week if your rubbish at the job expect to work every week all the time
Pros
Non
Cons
Way to many to list
21 May 2019

Worst job I have ever had.
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City15 May 2019
Was never given proper training, asked for time off on my induction for a wedding but was not given it. Never saw my manager, only contracted 16hours (ish) and had to work full time so there was no cover. Was always on my own never saw anyone I was supposed to be working with and the work I did do was changed over due to lack of training.
28 May 2019

Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry to hear of your experience with regards to training and support and will look into your comments in more detail and make improvements where nessasary.

Don’t recommend - worst job ever
Visual merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent5 May 2019
I don’t recommend working for Deeset as a Merchandiser as everything promised during the recruiting process didn’t happen. Had no training and was only shown around the supermarket where I should work as a Nutmeg Merchandiser. The pay rate is really low for what they expect you to do, like doing 2 pallets of delivery in just 4hours and get told if you don’t get them done! Hours go by fast but work is really repetitive (deliveries, clip strips, surveys, clean, replenish stock) and heavy for someone to work a whole shift alone. The warehouse is cold and dirty. No progression or help from management including supervisors. You can give your best and still won’t be valued for it. Definitely not worth it unless you desperately need work experience!
Pros
Cons
Pay rate; Heavy work; excess of work load
14 May 2019

Awful
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bilston14 April 2019
Not a good company to work for.
I started with them in December, was supposed to have my weeks training in another store which was cut down to just two days.
Then I was put straight into my own store with no staff and no idea of the layout of the store, no one to guide me or show me the ropes.
I eventually picked it up myself, very difficult as most of the time I was by myself and there was a lot of work.
Everyone was undertrained, most didn’t know how to do some of the jobs.
Barely had any staff and most of the time they just did what they wanted because they hadn’t had any supervision in so long
Pros
Your essentially your own boss
15 April 2019

Challenging yet rewarding
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire /Connahs Quay27 March 2019
I’ve worked for deeset for 6 months ( nutmeg) and can honestly say I love it ! Like the other reviews said that you do get put in straight away to do the jobs (but you do also get the training )but that’s the best way to learn is by doing it yourself! The job is challenging and there is always something different to do which I like , it’s never the same every day . It fits perfect around my home life, they make it easier for you with the hours if you’ve got family etc . In my experience the store management have always been fine , I’m there to make the store money so we work together to increase the targets. My area manager has always been very supportive and others managers in the company I’ve met have all been helpful and friendly .
All in all if you do your job and be polite and friendly and want to learn / succeed you will fit in well with deeset.
Pros
Work balance /family life
Cons
Nome
2 April 2019

Poor management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Erith, Greater London26 March 2019
I wouldn’t like to say that the company is bad as HR were brilliant with me, but the managment was appauling. No support at all, was left struggling a few times after being let down after asking for the support and there is no chance the area manager will help as she has the princess attitude and wil not get her hands dirty.
Will tell you that you will get full training which is lies. You end up teaching yourself as you go.
The pay is also appauling with how much is expected from you. Even when you do go the extra mile it is never recognised.
Pros
Some nice people
Cons
Not a nice working environment
2 April 2019

Easy flexible working
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire20 March 2019
Flexible hours which fits around school run. Although 0 hour contract I have always got over 20 hours a week since I started.
Lots of work available in loads of high street stores.
I have gained experience and confidence in this role. Good discounts on the colleague hub too , overall I would recommend Deeset to anyone looking for fun flexible working.
25 March 2019

average
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  East Sussex18 March 2019
I enjoyed my time working as a merchandiser and would definitely consider a future position however I had difficulties with the management during my time and did not feel it was dealt with in the appropriate or satisfactory way.
25 March 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We aim to provide a supportive environment for our colleagues so I would like to apologise that this is not reflected in your experience with Dee Set. I will pass your comments to the relevant team as I'm sure they would welcome the chance to improve wherever possible.

One to avoid
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Great Yarmouth, Norfolk8 March 2019
Wasn't so bad at the start but depends on management.Company lost a lot of work so being on a zero hour contract wasn't great.You end up using a lot of your own time completing reports,sorting resets etc.No support what so ever.Trying to ask for additional work was a waste of time and always the same people who got it.Wasnt unusual to be lied too bullied and have work you'd already been allocated vanish
Pros
Cons
Stress and manage to your mental health
11 March 2019

I would not recommend
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom2 March 2019
I would not recommend

Not for a family man, always working away.
No night allowance, never paid expenses on time.
Always problems with accommodation/hotels.

Really poor management.

Never enough work, Jan-April no work at all.
Pros
Made a lot of friends
4 March 2019

Thank you for your feedback.

Communication with customers
Nutmeg Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear1 March 2019
Nutmeg was able to provide me with experience of working with customers and developing my customer service skills. I worked closely with people who needed help and support.
4 March 2019

Bad
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire26 February 2019
Management do not own up to any mistakes made by themselves and blame it on staff members.

Typical day was building shelves and filling them or packing different items into boxes ready to be shipped
Pros
Weekends off, overtime
4 March 2019

Thank you for your feedback.

Chaotic, bad managenent
Employed (Former Employee) –  Stockport27 January 2019
When I first started this job, the store was without supervisor. I was given a bit of training but not all aspects. We gained a manager and she is the reason I left. Manager sent nasty texts to us to a colleague. Manager also spied on us through several morrisons members. The d-surveys are an effort within themselves there is nothing enjoyable about this job. The workload is too much for the amount of hours not only is it clothing it is the whole lot, make up and party shop which are time consuming.
Other than the store problem - the area manager in our area (one above the supervisor) is actually a top lady and is understanding over a lot of things ie missed deadline for the d-surveys and is a lot more supportive than actual supervisors.
You will have fun if you are friends with her.
Pros
Cons
Pay, management

First Day On The Job
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire26 January 2019
honestly I don't know where to start because on the first day of this job it was okay I suppose as I was going through the induction and paper work and helped set up the new nutmeg department, the following day I was thrown into the deep end up until a week and to figure what needs doing and all I got told was just to tidy for 5 hours without a break which was a joke.But other than that after settling a little bit, I started getting to know people like speaking to Morrisons staff members and what I dislike was that every time 2 or 3 pallets get delivered they have to be done within 4 hours which was not acceptable especially without no breaks and no training was given on how to do D-Surveys you practically have to read the questions and figure out yourself and if they ain't done you then have the supervisor on you're case asking you why haven't you been doing the D'Surveys. overall you get to travel to other departments to help out and some days you get to work along with other people which is rather not bad. Now that there is a new management is now in charge things rapidly change.
Pros
You Get to meet new people
Cons
No Breaks
6 February 2019

If your face doesn`t fit you get NO work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire16 January 2019
After working for this company for 4 years I can honestly say it is the worse company to work for, your on a zero hours contract so work isn`t guaranteed.

After driving for over 4 hours in your own car with passengers and there heavy luggage you arrive to do a full 12 night shift then you will probabably have to drive another hour to your hotel to miss breakfast and go to seep hungry as per usual.

Work is very labour intensive and the team leaders look after there faverites. I don`t recommend working for dee set it is horrible.
Pros
Cons
Terible support from the "office"

6 February 2019

Give this company a WIDE berth
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  East Anglia13 January 2019
Use to be a good company to work for but not anymore. This company is rotten to the core and they don't seem to care what direction they're heading down or how it will effect merchandisers.

How you get treated depends on who you are and where you work. They expect the impossible off you. Work is sparse unless you're one of the lucky few that have contracts.

Trust no one.
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Being lied to on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, Double standards, Lack of support, Loss of regular work
28 January 2019

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dee Set. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8