Decathlon Employee Reviews

Sport Advisor (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Braehead14 November 2019
Unsupportive,
Toxic culture,
Poor management,
Employees not seen as people,
poor till system,
poor IT system,
Out of touch within Scottish context,
Lack of opportunity.
Ambiente de trabajo estupendo
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  uk12 November 2019
Lo que mas me gusto de la compañía es el ambiente laboral. Es muy recomendable, vives día a día con compañeros que comparten los mismos valores e interés por el deporte. Absolutamente lo que hace Decathlon adictivo
Pros
Dificultad de compaginar vida laboral y personal
Depends of the department
Sport Advisor (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire31 October 2019
Depends of the department, but mine my colleague was a impossible person. The other departments are very good: managers and team.
But mine not, my colleague was a very bad person and she didn't help me.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire29 October 2019
Enjoyable work environment but the entire system was in French, difficult to understand at first. The company was well organised and well ran, Work itself was slow at times with minimal tasks to be completed some days.
Ambiente lavorativo competitivo e altamente tossico.
Responsabile di Turno (Former Employee) –  Reading18 October 2019
Manager senza alcuna esperienza o intelligenza emotiva. Possibilità di progressione o crescita inesistente. La promozione diventa possibile solo in caso delle conoscenze giuste all'interno dell'azienda. Organizzazione del negozio assolutamente assente. Caos totale. I profili con una opinione e dotati di carattere forte vengono eliminati.In tre anni e mezzo, ho visto 3 diversi store manager. Staff turnover altissimo. Licenziamenti molto frequenti, almeno due al mese.

Equilibrio vita privata/lavorativa inesistente se con un ruolo di alta responsabilità. Ho conosciuto almeno quattro colleghi andati in depressione per colpa di questa azienda.
Ambiente giovane e dinamico.
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Buckinghamshire14 October 2019
Probabilmente il miglior ambiente di lavoro che un giovane appassionato di sport possa trovare. Il punto negativo è l'eccessiva rigidità della metodologia di lavoro che rende, dopo qualche tempo, alienante e ripetitivo il tempo in negozio.
Productive workplace
Sports Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire7 October 2019
Productive for my pro career and good relationship with my all colleagues , enjoyed dealing with customers and help them to find what they were looking at, or at least tried to.
Friendly workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Wednesbury, West Midlands1 October 2019
I have enjoyed my time at decathlon, mostly because the staff there are very friendly. Working with them makes the job easier on stressful days. I liked how flexible the hours were.
Poorly run and under-staffed workplace.
Sports advisor (Former Employee) –  London30 September 2019
The Surrey Quays branch is a very poorly run and under-staffed workplace. The timetables for employers are managed abysmally and there is no clear chain of communication between staff on the shop floor and the office.
Great place to work for sports lover
Customer Complaint Management Process (Former Employee) –  Sale23 September 2019
Great place for working with people who play and suggest sports items.
Everyone is Passionate about sports and the company supports to follow that passion.
Ok if you’re desperate
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands22 September 2019
The staff were lovely and amazing but a few managers weren’t so amazing. I got treat very unfairly as I was new, and I worked a high amount of hours. The staff were helpful which made my time there easier. There was a massive issue with the boss as I requested my holiday before I started working and they said yes but then decided to tell me no and said they’d sack me. I’d never go back as my happiness comes first.
Wouldn't waste your time
Sports advisor (Current Employee) –  Shropshire22 August 2019
Managers haven't got a clue expect far too much it's a corporate business and its run like it your not a person your a disposable asset. Wouldn't recommend working for decathlon one little bit
Productive and fun workplace
Retail assistant (Former Employee) –  Poole, Dorset1 August 2019
Great first job, taught me a lot about the workplace and teamwork. Work changed pace dramatically depending on the day and the amount of customers that came through the door, but never a dull day.
workplace
SALES ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  London18 July 2019
It was a great experience since the beginning but, it was as a part-time employer and I left.
Along my way there I learnt from my colleges.
I wish them all the best
Fun workplace with good progrssion
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  UK12 July 2019
Very good workplace which is a lot of fun and will help progress you. Has easy progression routes and you can learn a lot. Different every day and there's always something to do.
Greta for a first time job
Sports Advisor and Customer (Former Employee) –  Wandsworth2 July 2019
I worked as a cashier at Decathlond for over 2 years. It was my first job and I was trained well and given enough responsiblility.
I was easy to get along with colleges and managers although an issue I had with a older college being inappropriate was brushed under the carpet. I was leaving shortly after so didn't need to pursue the issue. This was also an isolated issue.
There were many team meetings and we played sports together and socialised out side of work alot.
Pros
Fun company to work for
Satisfy customers needs
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London1 July 2019
The day to day work was to meet the needs of the client and to be happy with the store. For this, teamwork with my colleagues was very important and also to detect those needs to help him later.
Boring and like prison environment
Logistics Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northampton30 June 2019
Managers sit on computers all day
Same duties every single day very boring
No weekends given off unless booked off as holiday
30 minute breaks
People steal food out the fridges
No increase in salary
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Boring
Decathlon
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire26 June 2019
I've got to say I never enjoyed working here. I felt that the atmosphere was cold and you could forget about having social interactions with management because they treat you like dirt anyways. Other minions like myself were alright and would help you here and there but I always got the impression that they would rather chop their own hand off than help you out.

The hardest part of the job was probably finding the will power to get out of bed to go into work, knowing you would hate every second of it.

The only enjoyable part of the job was the pay, although even that was pretty poor.

Another thing, if on your contract it says that you have to give a weeks notice before leaving, that doesn't mean anything. You'll probably get an earful from management like I did about not giving enough notice. A painful place to work in.
Pros
Honestly none
Cons
Management was poor and disrespectful, kitchen hygiene rivalled that of a prison (we had rats), the pay
used to be a lot better
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Essex18 June 2019
managers complain a lot when you talk to your friends on shift. Pay is awful especially for under 21's. Hours are decent and they are nice about when you can and can't work ie for students. but you'll do the exact same work as some managers and get payed less. Full Time gets a company phone. Easiest job in the world tho so if you don't feel like doing much...
Pros
Hours are flexible, company phone
Cons
Pay, some managers can be annoying

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Decathlon. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K