Decathlon

Decathlon Employee Reviews

United Kingdom175 reviews
The job is not hard, it might be a little bit boring. The managment is good and everyone is respectful. You will have one to one with your manager every month and you have the chance to discuss your future career.
Pros
Good hours, long break
Cons
Boring
No work life balance stressful no good for mental state if your not a favourite give up you won’t get anywhere they brake rules and regulations including getting rid of team mates with no warnings (written or verbal) all in disgusting place to work
Pros
Discount
Cons
Whole company
if you like working on your own 85% and having to fix everything by yourself then its good. But you will get the blame for anything done wrong. Department manager was absent all the time, co workers were part time so when they were working they could hardly make a difference in the cycling department. All they want to do is sell and not deal with faults and repairs.
Pros
Some co workers wers cool
Cons
low paid, was promised full time hours but never got them, treated like dirt even though worked your butt off.
Ambiente stimolante, possibilità di crescita, libertà di espressione dei propri talenti.
Pros
Tutto
Cons
Nessuno
Extremely poor value for their staff. Not really any positives to say. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone especially students as the pay even less to students.
Other staff are extremely happy to help. But management are the worst I have ever seen in a job. They dont care for your health or wellbeing and will NOT support you at all within your job. They make the workplace feel like a prison in which you must obey their orders while they sit and hide in offices all day, on personal phones while low paid staff slave around for them. PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF AND DO NOT WORK HERE UNLESS YOU LIKE TO BE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF!
I personally wouldn't recommend working at Decathlon unless you are extremely passionate about sports and the specific sport area that you are put to work in.
During my 5 years experience within the company, I learned everything you need to know when it comes to retail, starting from recruitment, management, market analyse, merchandising until the important skill of creating your own project within the company. A company who puts the employee and the customer at the heart of every decision made in a great sporty environment .
The management are bullies. The HR department are disappointing and unhelpful in conflict resolutions. The atmosphere was horrendous, staff with multiple warnings still not working with the company. Higher management are "good friends" so turned a blind eye towards the bullying store managers. I have never worked in such a degrading and emotionally damaging atmosphere.
J'étais stagiaire donc la paye n'était pas l'objectif premier. Les journées peuvent se ressemble si l'on ne s'investit pas, mais en tant qu'assistant manager j'ai appris beaucoup.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Decathlon?
Promotes autonomy, freedom and responsibility at every level. Different opportunities to work in store or in head office, although head office roles are largely London based
Most staff are fun to talk to being from all over europe,
work is boring - hope you like folding,

A good manager will delegate interesting tasks to you and be supportive. A bad one is usually a bully and treats you like scum. Expect a lot of blame and zero support.

Poor security means lots of theft, chavs causing problems and endless mess. So the environment can be miserable due to a minority of customers who are frankly ignorant - this doesnt seem to be a problem in european stores, just british ones.
The environment at work was really nice. I really enjoyed the team with I worked. The day to day tasks were hard sometimes but it was a dynamic space helping customers.
My interview experience and initial department manager, who left a couple of weeks prior to my termination, were great. I found it easy to acquire the position as no previous retail experience was necessary.

However, I found the workplace culture increasingly difficult to navigate. Some colleagues were lovely, though there were a few individuals who frequently made derogatory, often misogynistic, and inappropriate remarks/advances towards me on multiple occasions. This resulted in an aversion to work socials, which was later used as one of the reasons for terminating my contract.

I reported workplace bullying to the store manager after experiencing aggressive/intimidating behaviour from a colleague. I was terminated the following morning without forewarning.

The HR leader (they don't have a department/team) proved highly ineffective; taking a month to reply to my appeal and offering no solution, with little indication that the issue had been investigated.

There were other minor issues too, such as the lack of training provided regardless of the fact that I'd requested it on multiple occasions. It's possible that my experience was anomalous as I've never experienced this treatment anywhere else.

It's a very accessible entry level position for those desperately seeking employment, nonetheless I'd discourage anyone who wants to retain their soul from pursuing a long-term career with Decathlon.
Pros
No retail experience required, a few genuinely kind colleagues
Cons
Poor store manager, unfair dismissal and no HR team
Was a decent job as a 1st job.
Collected and set up own till. Tidied the surrounding stock. Input the click and collects.

Management isn't the best since majority of the staff english isn't their 1st language.
What I love the most from working at Decathlon is working with my teammates. I like team working and share my experience and time with them. I also like helping the customers and trying to have a "close relationship with them". It is so satisfactory to do well your job and to feel you are helping people.
El ambiente de trabajo era muy bueno, todos teníamos una actitud positiva que nos transmitíamos los unos a los otros y a la vez a los clientes.
A chance to meet and appreciate cultures from all walks of life. Particularly enjoyed working with French and Spanish colleagues maybe because Ilved in France for three years a a child.
My experience at Decathlon has been fantastic. I have enjoyed a lot of responsibility and the opportunity to travel both abroad and around the UK, working with people from all around the world. The shared passion for sport creates a unique culture. I started as a part time Sport Advisor when I was still a student and had no idea that I would stumble upon my dream sporting career path. I later became a Department Manager and currently enjoy the role of Operations Manager. I have learned so much in only 4 years.
Expect hard work, a lot of responsibility, autonomy and a lot of freedom, but with that know that you need to be proactive and agile - you really are leading a business and no one will spoon feed it to you. If you are passionate about making sport accessible and have an entrepreneurial mindset this is a dream job.

It's important to bear in mind the nature of the business - it's no Monday to Friday and every day / week is different. The pay is good but not big money - it's the culture and people around you that really enrich the job.
enjoyed place to work a collaborative workplace in which all ideas are taking in account. Fast place to grow and create your career path. on management level it should be more various and international
Pros
different training available
Cons
long shift days
Trabajo ameno e interesante, buen ambiente y mucho compañerismo.