De La Rue Employee Reviews

Average
Finnishing dept (Former Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear28 July 2019
Worked there for 10 months. Very friendly place. People always happy to help you
Would of loved to stay longer if it wasnt for redundancy. Pleanty of various jobs to learn in a short space of time
Unorganised
Slave (Former Employee) –  Westhoughton26 May 2019
Do not work for them it’s a joke of a company
Nothing good will come out of it
Expect to be treat like a pice of trash as they don’t care as long as they are getting paid there massive pay packets
Pros
Cons
Absolutely nothing is right about the place
Former great place to work - gone down the pan
Implementation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke3 April 2019
De La Rue used to be one of those special companies that always put the customer first, and had a great atmosphere in the working departments, with fantastic communication.

Over the last 7 years or so that has very much changed. De La Rue is nice very much focussed on ‘do as little as possible to meet the terms of the contract’. As a result we are losing customers, left and right, and those we are keeping are not happy with the products we deliver.
Cons
No respect for workers and their experiences
Ok place to work
Atlas Operator (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke3 January 2019
organised work within a set time scale, producing work to high quality, fun people to work with, and flexible holidays and ok pay, trying to get produce out OTIF.
Gateshead site is run by a mini mafia.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear16 December 2018
Worked at DLR Gateshead for a number of years. The current senior management on site are so corrupt promoting family and friends into well paid positions of which they have no knowledge or experience. All shareholders of which am one and directors need to know the level of corruption. I could name names they all know who they are. Unless this is addressed one really fears for the future of the Gateshead site .
First class local employer to work for.
Printers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gateshead16 August 2018
I was very happy working at De La Rue they are a global company
with a long history of producing security products for countries across
the world. The day to day production procedures were always very
fast paced and carried out under the strictest security levels.On the
press I worked on we printed a wide range of postage stamps for the
Royal Mail company and also many fiscal tax stamps for states and
countries around the world.
I was employed in the Special Products department and always got
a great deal of satisfaction on seeing the quality of the finished work
we produced.
Health and Safety was paramount and adhered to at all times.
The company made the decision to move the Special Products department from the Gateshead factory to their new center of
excellence site in Malta.I was bitterly dissapointed to be told that my
services were no longer required by the company and along with my
collegues was made redundant on july 31st 2018.
Pros
Discounted royal mail stamps.
Cons
Nightshift working
Fun workplace for self starter
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke UK25 July 2018
De La Rue plc is one of the oldest companies in the world and has a well established business network. De La Rue gives all employees the chance to voice their opinions and they realise that human capital is the most important aspect.
Pros
Well established business
Cons
Date systems
They print money
Anon (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire20 December 2017
A very conservative organisation that has been looking to change in recent years. It still has a nice feel to it though, there's a LOT of long service and everyone knows everyone else. Overall, I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Good salary, pension etc
Cons
Some weak leaders
Excellent
Legal Advisor (Former Employee) –  London23 August 2017
Management was open to developing its employees and the culture was one of hard work but with an element of fun. Management was very supportive and approachable
Not got a clue
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Westhoughton23 June 2017
You will be treated like dirt, unless your one of the in crowd. The factory is one big building with no windows and the air con never works. You will get blamed for anything that goes wrong and will be constantly reminded that there can get rid of you at any time. I was once told that I couldn't speak to anyone while doing my job. If you are strong mined like me there will try to wear you down, as was said to me your not paid to think.
Pros
The money wasn't bad
Cons
Working there, it's not worth double the pay
Great successful business transformation experience
Managing Director CPS & member of Operating Board (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke2 May 2017
Company successfully transformed and tripled the value by aligning core and explore businesses as its competitive edge. Truly an international public sector company with strong back end and bank note printing experience with central and large commercial banks internationally. Core competence in addition to product / technology is leadership and managment experience in different cultures across the world.
Pros
Truly international business
Cons
Cultural transformation through ambidextrous leadership
Wide variety
Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Overton, Hampshire5 January 2017
Excellent company to work for who push personal development throughout. New board were brought in and were inspiring. Was wonderful working on many different projects and fields.
Pros
Discounted gym membership
Cons
42.5 hours a week.
interesting place to work..
Civil Trades Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke8 July 2016
Working from 8 till 5 working to daily ppms.i learned a great deal..management were tough but fair.my co workers were great spoilt in fact hardest part of job being made redundant. Friendly work mates.
Pros
canteen on site.
Cons
No Bonuses whatsoever.
Friendly company with lots of employee loyalty
HR Administrator and Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Heywood21 January 2016
There were a couple of things that had to be done on a weekly basis, i.e., reporting attendance and timekeeping to payroll to enable salaries to be paid correctly. Annualised hours collated and signed by employees.

I enjoyed my whole time there, it was only a temporary position but wouldn't change this experience for anything. They are a company that anyone would be proud to work for
Pros
Training given
Productive and Hard Working
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham14 October 2015
Big part of the day its Preventive maintenance on the machine's, I look after 5 machine's on this site. 3 high speed sorters and 2 slow speed sorters,
basic check on machine is ensuring detector systems are working correctly and are set to the correct light levels, the transport is working faultlessly, computer systems have been maintained, strapper's are working and printing correctly. We are give a 5hour slot to carry this work out over a 8 hour shift, with two shift through the day.
On top of this we have to look after site stock, order replacement stock and tools,
There are refurbishment of part that also has to be kept on top of.
Hardest part of the job is keeping the customer happy with the downtime of machine's
Most Enjoyable part of the Job is, resolving issues that are new and unknown, and informing other members of staff around the country, of the issue and how to resolve if it ever arises.
Pros
Left to do your job and get on.
Cons
Hard to speak with line management if you have issues.
Good management support
Interim Resourcing Officer (Former Employee) –  ENG27 September 2015
Having worked there only for 1 year on a contract, I cannot say much about job security. However, there was good management support and help from colleagues to achieve the target I had been set.
Pros
Good management support and very enjoyable work environment
Cons
Short term contract
frustrating
UK - Local Print Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  manchester14 November 2014
My role is to provide on-going maintenance and support for the business-critical software, systems and equipment at seven of Her Majesty’s Passport Offices (HMPO) regional sites. I demonstrate strong customer focused skills, can work on my own initiative and am resolution focused.
Hold responsibility for the development, implementation & ramp-up of the personalization solution within a complex IT & manufacturing service solution (to mandatory implementation dates), in a high security environment - also involving the seven regional office solutions. A role requiring security clearance & direct working relationships with Her Majesty’s Passport Offices (HMPO) & DLR development management & third party suppliers. Each delivered to site, on time & to the required specification, with the first already now one year into the operation.
To many people who worked there foe years expect to get higher grades for doing nothing, I believe you work to prove yourself worthy of the grade.
Grade (Former Employee) –  Overton4 June 2014
Great people on the shop floor good payment but no respect from minor to senior management to workers or customers.
Pros
Pension, subsidised canteen
Cons
64 hour shift, 6am til 2am, 2am til 10pm, 10pm til6am and 12 hour shifts 6 til 6 on weekends
Every day is different - dealing with governments around the world
Manager (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke21 May 2014
Always up to date with world events, meeting people from different cultures, dedicated co-workers.
good company to work for
PVOH Operator (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, ENG12 June 2013
making paper and normal duties good to work for. good co-worker and managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at De La Rue. Our community is ready to answer.