De Beers Employee Reviews

debeers
Security Officer, Door Supervisor, Static Security (Current Employee) –  Westfield2 April 2019
“I just wanted to drop a note saying how well I was work at debeers I came in to have a watch battery replaced and I was so impressed with your employees. One woman showed me several expensive time pieces while the gentleman behind the counter took care of my watch. I guess what impressed me the most was I came in for a simple repair and I was treated as if I were a rock star. This type of service is becoming extinct. You see more and more young people at retail establishments that simply don’t care one way or another – what you think of their service. The debeers staff and service is simply amazing!
Pros
offered coffee, cookies and chocolates
Cons
good shift work jobs
Diamond controller
Diamond controller (Former Employee) –  London/ Botswana17 April 2018
Fantastic company to work for “A Family “ treated me with total respect . The office was a pleasure to work in . The company looked after us with a wonderful private health scheme . I would have never seen the countries I have been to if it was not for Debeers.
Pros
Free lunches
Looked after its employees.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London8 July 2015
During my employment at De Beers, I learnt to work with diverse personalities and produced results in diamond trading business. In addition to working on the 'production line', I was responsible for producing performance reports for senior management. In the planning and forecasting department, I was responsible for evaluating past trends and data to forecast time and manpower requirements for sorting future shipments. The objective was to optimize manpower and minimize the stock holding period. I gained enough knowledge and experience about the economics and business management associated with diamond dealing to enable me to provide recommendations to senior management on key issues and problems of diamond assortment in specific departments. In addition, I became a focal point of contact for directors if they needed advice. This improved my communication skills.
Pros
Perks
The culture is magnetic
Executive Director, Sales and Sightholder Services (Current Employee) –  London, ENG2 October 2014
Great place to work, but the workload is a plenty! :) But if you love what you do, and I did, it was all worth it.
is de Beers Diamond Jewellers
Trading and Logistics Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  london29 September 2014
I learnt many skills, but management changed with new CEO. Things changed. Also no career progression to offer.
Wonderful experience and learning about all aspects of the business
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  London, ENG7 May 2014
Hands on people who set themselves high goals, thrive in challenge and offering the best.
Prestine and Luxurious Business
De Beers Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  London, ENG6 February 2014
Opening and setting up the business, luxurious client service written and over the phone and in person, managing after sales, managing general enquiries and special requests, managing personal targets, taking care of complaints by understanding the clients needs, growing the customer database, managing special requests, managing deadlines, closing the shop and reporting the end of day to head office.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the team-energy that most influences every team members personal spirit and had an ultimate effect on the overall success of the business.

The hardest part of the job was the Westfield shopping mall opening time and shift work.
Pros
rewards for excellent performance
Cons
shopping mall hours
Great place to work!
Interim HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  London, ENG27 July 2012
Very hectic environment but loads of opportunity for growth and access to senior management. Colleagues were brilliant to work with and we had great comraderie.
Pros
free lunch, international travel