DAVIES GROUP Employee Reviews

Potential to be a great if management bullies are dealt with
HR (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire21 May 2018
If you like long hours with no overtime or reward and a micromanagement culture then you would thrive. Bullying from higher management which consequently gets covered up, despite that particular team having such dire turnover. (All due to management issues). Unfortunately you can give your heart and soul and blood sweat and tears to this business for absolutely nothing. Such a shame.
Pros
The people; the location; free parking
Cons
Bullying; micromanagement; long hours
Complete disregard for staff members
Casualty Claims Handler (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent12 April 2018
Your health, your mind and your skill-set are deemed irrelevant at Davies Group. They're focused solely on quantity and not quality and people, inclusive of management, don't seem to have a segregated social life which causes issues in the workplace with intimate relationships, negative comments and general bullying.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, bullying, cliques, inter-business intimate relationships, poor management, disregard for the health of employees
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands14 March 2018
Davies is a good place to work.

It is a fast growing organisation with an emphasis on growth and there ate opportunities. From my perspective, however, advancement is difficult because over 90% of Davies relates to insurance and this is not my background.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Hr
Davies Grouop
Administrations assistant (Former Employee) –  Hnaley13 November 2017
This is probably one of the best claims company i have worked for, they are friendly and loving people that work for this company, when working here you feel like one big family that are always up for a laugh.
Productive and fun workplace
Secretary/PA to Technical Director (Former Employee) –  Middlesex3 October 2017
Great place to work with a lovely atmosphere. Friendly, fun and helpful staff. Extremely busy at times, but with good teamwork we managed to complete the work satisfactorily.
Excellent employer
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London23 July 2017
Great place to work. Senior staff helpful and live up the ethos of good management. Helpful and generous with their time. Always willing to listen.
growing company
Head of Operational Accounting (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire26 June 2017
Hard working environment, fast moving business.
Insurance management with added benefits to major insurance providers. Good benefits for employees and progression in certain areas.
I worked with lovely people.
Audio typist (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside28 April 2017
I worked at Argent Adjusters and we were outsourced to Davies so I will rate Argent not Davies.

A typical day at work was reasonable. I did audio typing all day which I enjoy doing. It wasn't a pressured job only the last few weeks were as we were leaving. We worked without paper files so worked from digital Big Hand.

At the beginning I thought Management were really good but as we were being outsourced we didn't know whether we were coming or going as we weren't being told anything about our jobs.

I thought the most enjoyable part of the job at Argents were that they were a laid back firm to what I am used to in other firms.

The hardest part was being told we were being outsourced as the secretaries were in Birmingham and we couldn't travel there so our positions were made redundant. There were 4 including myself typists altogether.
Pros
No pressure, lovely people
Cons
Being outsourced - no stability
Summary
360 Machine Driver (Former Employee) –  London10 November 2016
A committed and hardworking ground worker with professional qualifications and several years experience in groundwork. Has a CPCS card and a range of specific skills for jobs given, such as the use of manual and mechanical equipment, tools and machinery. Highly competent in a wide range of ground working techniques such as foundation digging, concreting and ground levelling. A good problem solver for difficult tasks, always working within strict health and safety guidelines. Has undertaken a range of specific training in the use of equipment and machinery for the job, as well as health and safety training. A valuable team member, able to take instructions and work according to schedules, plans and timescale. Pays close attention to risk assessment. Able to work well with other contractors or on own with minimal supervision.
Company is now closed
Manager (Former Employee) –  Stirling26 May 2016
Company is now closed as owner is deceased. Loved the challenge of my position and learning new things each day. Enjoyed the responsibility of working alone and ensuring standards and deadlines were met
Pros
Challenging
Very busy workday
Financial Accountant (Current Employee) –  Reading, ENG22 April 2014
The job is very varied with a lot of responsibility for the financial accounting of the general ledger. With 10 companies the intercompany transactions are constant, together with the bank reconciliations and journal posting.
Special Investigations Unit: very busy office with some lighter moments
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Beeston, Nottingham30 June 2012
Could be stressful but manage to have some laughs and occasional social outings, organised by the employees, not the company/management.
Not much employee training. Minimal opportunities for advancement for the younger members of staff, due to the small size of the department.
Hardest part of the job was answering and dealing with the volume of telephone calls into the department whilst carrying out other duties.
The most irritating part was that smokers were allowed to go out for cigarette breaks but the remaining staff were not allocated breaks in lieu.
However, overall it was an enjoyable environment and I made friends with colleagues.
Pros
closeness to my home address. friendly relationships with colleagues.
Cons
minimal training given. no company social arrangements organised. no bonuses (for ground level staff, anyway). no wage rise in 2012 for anyone across the group.
Only the elite survive
Audio Typist/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Campbell Place, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire15 May 2012
. typical day was extremely busy - all hands to the "pump"

. what I learned - we did not have enough staff to cover the jobs we were expected to do

. management are statistically led, to the detriment of staff

. my co-workers are very young, with very little work ethic and easily distracted

. the hardest part of the job - was concentrating on own my own work while surrounded by distractions

. the most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I had done my job well, and attained the daily standard required (KPI)
Pros
modern environment, up to date equipment
Cons
statistics led