Danske Bank Employee Reviews

Educational
Service Advisor/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Various21 March 2019
Good to work for :) Good experience for a young person starting out in the world of work to get experience in the world of banking to gain the necessary skills.
Pros
Progressive
Cons
Non - Flexible hours
Varied job roles
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Lisburn14 October 2018
You are able to progress if you want with encouragement from managers. It is a good environment to learn responsibility, cash management and particularly customer service.
Soul destroying
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Belfast17 May 2018
Honestly the worst place i have ever worked for, even though i spent little time there it greatly affected my mental health, useless management and nasty training bay leaders.
Cons
Everything tbh
n/a
bank official (Current Employee) –  Belfast4 May 2018
It is a company that tries to develop its staff with courses and qualification opportunities with the IOB.
They are heavily focused on digitisation which is exciting and should provide a greater possibility for flexible working.
Pros
Perks card
Summary
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Belfast28 November 2017
I worked seasonally as a factory operative during the busy Christmas period for two years. This required concentration, teamwork and being able to work under high pressure.
Productive and laid back environment
Bank Administrator (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim12 October 2017
Suitable hours, salary is non-competitive. Fantastic management and work culture. Majority of the work is only on a temp basis with little room for moving up.
Pros
Work Culture
Cons
Non-competitive salary, majority temp work
Good atmosphere, work conditions but slightly lower salaries
Analyst (Former Employee) –  London4 January 2017
Nordic work environment. Good colleagues. However it is a small niche bank and therefore you are exposed to limited amount of transactions.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Salary
Boring desk job. On the phone all day.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Belfast City Centre13 September 2016
It wasn't specified that the job would be on the phone all day. I thought I was applying for a job in one of the branches instead it was a job similar to a call centre.
Pros
Hour long lunch
Cons
Boring, repeative tasks
Excellent learning experience
Senior International Cash Manager (Former Employee) –  Belfast8 February 2016
Excellent place to work and the danish people and culture is exceptional. I left because my work life balance was wrong.
A typical day at work
Receptionist/Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belfast, NIR24 September 2015
Took early retirement as my job was being outsourced to customer's Solicitors and my original contract signed in 1977 stated that I could be posted anywhere in Northern Ireland and I was afraid that this may be applied to my situation.

I enjoyed my time in the Bank and could not have chosen a better career.

Team work is essential and getting long with colleages is most important - a happy work force is essential for productivity.

A typical day is reading an application liaising with Lending Manager/Customers Solicior and agreeing security to be taken. Prepare and have Bank documents (Guarantees, Mortgages, Life Policies etc) prepared and forwarded for signing.
International office
Client Officer / Corporate Banking (Current Employee) –  London, ENG26 June 2015
Small international office.
Good work life balance.
Being part of a small team there is a lot to learn as you are expected to be a full team player.
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Donegall Square West, Belfast11 March 2015
The department in which I work is called Customer Direct.

My job entails taking inbound calls to our Contact Centre and answering customer queries via secure mails sent in via Danske Bank’s online banking. I receive many different queries via these channels on a daily basis. I also have certain targets to meet within my daily work.

I have a variety of tasks within my job, some which require teamwork and liasing with other colleagues/departments, other tasks are my sole responsibilty. Each day is different from the next.

Having worked at Danske Bank for over 6 years I have gained a wide variety of skills which will be benefical to any career. I also have great knowledge on banking and the banking industry.

Within Customer Direct we are quite sociable and would often have team nights out or sometimes a floor wide event is organised. There is a good morale within the department and the management are very approachable.

The hardest part of the job is when dealing with irrate customers. Having faced this challenege often, it has helped me build on my interpersonal skills such as showing empathy but at the same time being resilient. Dealing with difficult customers/situations requires problem solving and communication skills which I pride myself on.
Pros
Great moral and friendly atmosphere within the department
Cons
Salary low compared to other Contact Centre roles and not much movement for career progression
Productive workplace
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Belfast City Centre, NIR2 January 2015
working with a good team made the job much more enjoyable, like with every workplace. A lot of support was given whenever and wherever needed.
Pros
discounted meals
Cons
some tough calls
Dtp
DTP Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  London29 April 2014
Role involves use of all MS Office packages to advanced level.
Working as an integral part of the research support team, the DTP/research assistant’s main role is to format research reports in-line with Danske Markets house style, distribute research, mainly electronically, to clients, onto the company’s websites, and to various portals/external vendors. (Thomson Routers, Ipreo CRM system, Bloomberg, Bluematrix) I also help with all administrative tasks within the department, including generating hard copy mailing lists for reports, updating department databases on a daily basis, keeping the production schedule updated, liaising with printers for printed reports/presentations and other administrative tasks required in the department.
Pros
Start early so get to finish early