Danske Bank

Danske Bank Employee Reviews

United Kingdom24 reviews
An employee can progress well within the Bank. The role would start at a basic level of answering customer queries but it can then progress rapidly to learning more complex banking queries and interesting banking roles.
Very friendly staff/management team. Customer focused, great training. Not overly stressful, but as with most jobs when busy there is a little more pressure.
The job itself is straightforward and the salary good. I have no issues with those. However, the trainer is an absolute bully. The managers were afraid of her and turned a blind eye to the fact she would zone in on 2 people in every group and try and totally break them because she got a kick out of it. Highly manipulative. Avoid like the plague. Ps she trains everywhere!
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Fancy a nervous breakdown?
Not nice staff and manger. Not nice to other staff in same building. All day job can be awful. Big bank in Dunmurry. Job is ok and not so bad. Have free food.
Pros
Travelling by car
Cons
Paid ok and holiday paid.
Friendly staff and management with opportunities for advancement. Competitive but relaxed atmosphere with collaborative team work and a good work life balance.
Grim busy work environment, not recommended as a career. Bare bones of an organisation, everything is very lean, management don't listen and hold grudges against people who challenge them.
Pros
Cons
stressful
The work wasn't difficult. It was a customer facing role and you get used to handling cash and being discreet with customers. The main thing in any working environment is friendliness. That can make or break a job. I didn't appreciate the environment when I was there because it was so good.
A career not just a job
Great team of people

Sick pay

Pension

Bank holidays

Excellent it system

Opportunities for promotion

Union membership with swift handling of any issues

Annual pay rises
great company that is working on being the best in NI. Proud to work here and of the achievements in the local market to date. Culture is big on change and doing more for the customer.
Salary was poor for the work completed by staff, although the job was interesting and staff you worked alongside were good people.

Management did not care about your progression
Good to work for :) Good experience for a young person starting out in the world of work to get experience in the world of banking to gain the necessary skills.
Pros
Progressive
Cons
Non - Flexible hours
You are able to progress if you want with encouragement from managers. It is a good environment to learn responsibility, cash management and particularly customer service.
Honestly the worst place i have ever worked for, even though i spent little time there it greatly affected my mental health, useless management and nasty training bay leaders.
Cons
Everything tbh
It is a company that tries to develop its staff with courses and qualification opportunities with the IOB.
They are heavily focused on digitisation which is exciting and should provide a greater possibility for flexible working.
Pros
Perks card
I worked seasonally as a factory operative during the busy Christmas period for two years. This required concentration, teamwork and being able to work under high pressure.
Suitable hours, salary is non-competitive. Fantastic management and work culture. Majority of the work is only on a temp basis with little room for moving up.
Pros
Work Culture
Cons
Non-competitive salary, majority temp work
Nordic work environment. Good colleagues. However it is a small niche bank and therefore you are exposed to limited amount of transactions.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Salary
It wasn't specified that the job would be on the phone all day. I thought I was applying for a job in one of the branches instead it was a job similar to a call centre.
Pros
Hour long lunch
Cons
Boring, repeative tasks
Excellent place to work and the danish people and culture is exceptional. I left because my work life balance was wrong.
Took early retirement as my job was being outsourced to customer's Solicitors and my original contract signed in 1977 stated that I could be posted anywhere in Northern Ireland and I was afraid that this may be applied to my situation.

I enjoyed my time in the Bank and could not have chosen a better career.

Team work is essential and getting long with colleages is most important - a happy work force is essential for productivity.

A typical day is reading an application liaising with Lending Manager/Customers Solicior and agreeing security to be taken. Prepare and have Bank documents (Guarantees, Mortgages, Life Policies etc) prepared and forwarded for signing.
Small international office.
Good work life balance.

Being part of a small team there is a lot to learn as you are expected to be a full team player.