Danshell Group

Danshell Group Management reviews

United Kingdom44 reviews
I have worked here for four years. it is a challenging yet rewarding place to work. I have had different roles within the service. I have had the chance to gain qualifications. I worked within a good supportive team. There was as many changes within staff and management.
Management are really supportive, its not the kind of job anyone can do as it is quite a specialised service. Majority of staff are kind, friendly and helpful.
Take on people with no experience, good staff are all ieaving, that leaves inexperienced staff to cope. Management have no idea what they are doing. No idea how to talk to service users or staff properly, they like to blame the wrong people if things go wrong, they never listen to anyone. Management have only been there 5 minutes. Dangerous place to work, staff always being assaulted
High risk of injury and violence sat outside bedrooms bored or dealing with challenging behaviour Horrible management leaving you vulnerable long hours
Awful place, attacked daily, no debriefs. Only had one appraisal and one supervision in 3years. Want you to forget everything else and work all the time. Hated it.
No good for your state of mind.. I left after a couple of months I couldn’t take it anymore, no support from management or even colleagues apart from the odd couple of staff members who desperately try and help you because they have probably been in the same position. Management do not take an interest in the slightest and leave you to your own devices even if you have no experience?
The company seems to be more Interested in saving and making money on the patients stay here rather than actually wanting them to move on. There are little increments for permanent staff however the company regularly pay over the odds for comedy agency staff instead. If they payed there original staff well they would not have the issue of having to get agency in heavy volumes who have been coming in such loads the agency have a designated driver to bring then in a Bus for this 12-14 bed hospital due to the sheer volume that arrive most days to the service. This has left staff feeling unsafe to be with (friendly) however inexperienced staff when at high risk of physically attacked by patients who tend to do so after being startled by seeing these new faces too often. Their routine and familiarity is tossed to the trash with which is what they NEED with the level of autism they have. It’s extremely sad to say a lot of the patients are not able to express this due to the severe LD they have. Management are fully aware but still after all care is merely a business for this company Until proven otherwise from the hierarchy top. Highest number of staff turnover i have ever known to be.
Pros
Lovely garden
Cons
Company doesn’t know how to keep good staff
Horrible horrible awful horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible awful horrible horrible horrible awful

It’s a horrible place the hours are long the money is awful the staff are all miserable because of the above we are dogs bodies would rather work for the gestapo
Pros
Food ok
Cons
Everything else
I worked at Danshell for just under a year and it became clear that management was more intrested in getting more clients then making sure the ones they already have were sorted out.
No support at all. Any complaints, and some very severe misconduct occurred by other staff members whilst I was there, and the staff were silenced. No justice, no punishments and no safeguarding for staff or service users.

The pay was constantly wrong, I'm still owed a lot of money now but will never see it despite trying hard to fight for it. If you leave they don't pay you your final salary and if they do it's almost always wrong as usual. Any day off you have will be bombarded with messages demanding you cover shifts due to under staffing.

When you are on the end of your shift and no one turns up you are often left there to do a double shift and expected to stay awake (that's a minimum of 24 hours straight without a break). Even though it is illegal, you cant walk out on a vulnerable individual, and theres no one to take over. Then on top of that you get a call bullying you by the deputy manager. Horrible.

The issue is even if you love making a difference, it's almost impossible to live in such conditions, not knowing your shifts, when you will be home or what and when you will be paid.
Pros
You get to help an individual
Cons
Pay wrong often. Management doesnt care. Shifts.
By far the worst job I have ever had. If you value your career/pin number stay well clear of this lot. A bullying culture of managers particularly the MD who regularly abuses her position and a manager who is far from trustworthy.
Pros
There are some really genuine, hard working care staff
Cons
Corrupt managment team - money driven company
During my time here I have witnessed a drop in care from management. They seem more interested in bringing in clients that are highly funded rather than those suitable for the service they are. This puts staff at risk (when there is staff in). You have to donate 15 mins of your time every day for handover and that is always guaranteed to run over so staff are late to leave as well. No difference in pay for night shift either.
Pros
Most service users (the suitable ones) are lovely. Food is okay
Cons
Underpaid, Take on clients that are completely unsuitable for service, Lucky to get breaks during night shift, Lucky if you have correct number of staff needed for the day, Definitely unpaid for what you have to deal with, Rota gives no real work/life balance
Cliquey, bullying culture. Old staff refuse any kind of change and do not welcome new faces. Poor rota management means a bad shift pattern. Poor communication when policies or procedures change. Management beyond awful - persistent offenders of absence/lateness not actioned meaning good staff leave, make and break rules to suit themselves, working in unsafe conditions and below acceptable staff levels daily, staff attacks and injuries are the norm, extremely high staff turnover, numerous complaints to governing bodies but nothing ever done. One manager in particular has been previously cautioned for stealing from a patient (documented online) and it has been widely reported is a bully who pushes people out of their jobs - yet can go on to win awards.
Pros
Cons
Poor support structure, staff too busy gossiping about each other and complaining
Never worked in a place like it and hopefully never will again. The managers at the top are awful and uncaring. The whole business is ran poorly, care staff and admin staff under pressure. The worst thing is that the people who this ends up affecting long term is the residents.
Pros
Free tea, coffee and juice
Cons
Long hours with some unpaid overtime, uncaring management
I detest this company. I feel so much for some of the residents. The pay is poor and there are certain individuals who do just not care. It's very institutionalised and I would definitely avoid taking a job there.
Pros
None??
Cons
Sone staff are bullies. Poor wages especially for nursing staff. Institutionalised.
Terrible bullying culture endemic in the company led through the boorish example of its owner. Bullies seem to thrive there. Unsafe. The accent is about maximising profits. Some fantastic employees, most of whom get out, or are pushed. Shouldn’t be trusted with public finances.
Pros
Staff who want to do job well
Cons
Management bullies, the owner, unsafe working practices
No support from management, food not good very little veg..Very long hours,no progression as a support worker, they are the people who work very hard and care for the s/u, which is not appreciated, certain staff very clique with management that gets preferential treatment.not a company I would recommend
Pros
free meals, if you enjoy carbs
Cons
Great place to work as it says on the tin can be very challenging working out how best you can help people but the overall staff is amazing very caring and supportive all staff really try to do their best for the client group.
Management is very supportive, will help on the floor, do what they can with whatever issue you have and make sure you know your strengths.
If your looking for a run of the mill easy job then don’t apply if you looking for a rewarding career go for it!!!
Pros
Meals on shift
Cons
Wages can be better
8 October 2018
Hello

Thank you for your review – all feedback is welcomed and I would be keen to have a confidential conversation with you about your time at Danshell.

Any information you share will be in strict confidence. Please could you email me directly on stefan.cadogan@danshell.co.uk, alternatively if you would like to chat, please could you email a contact number and I would be happy to call you back.

Group Resourcing Manager
I can only feel sorry for the patients that live here. Shocking company... you only have to look at the HIS reports.

Stay well clear or become part of a compaany that abuses their patients and the level of trust they put into you

I wouldnt put the worse person in the world in this place and the worse bit is management
Pros
U can help well ur there
Cons
You cant do the right thing the whole company is a cover up
20 August 2018

20 August 2018

Group Resourcing Manager
Very challenging Job. Co workers are helpful. Organisation needs to be improved. I had had other jobs in similar positions which have been better in terms of communication and listening to employees concerns. Do not reward own staff but prefer to use agency workers.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Lack in management communication, low salary. Long hours without breaks.
Hello,

Thank you for your review – all feedback is welcomed and we would be keen to have a confidential conversation with you about your time at Danshell.

Our approach to care delivery and our staff team is built on the foundation of our values – Safe, Sound, Supportive.

Any information you share will be in strict confidence and you can email the Group Resourcing Manager directly on stefan.cadogan@danshell.co.uk or provide a contact number for us to reach you on.

Warm Regards

Kind Regards’
What could be a great place to work... was ruined by the staff and their uncaring nature! I witnessed staff man handling service users, pushing the ones who can’t speak up for them self’s on to sofas and much more. When I reported it nothing was done! Staff are either related or in relationships, all very clicky.
Service users don’t get what they deserve unfortunately
Pros
Meals on shift
Hello,

Any information you share will be in strict confidence and you can email the Group Resourcing Manager directly, stefan.cadogan@danshell.co.uk or provide a contact number for us to reach you on.

Warm Regards’
Rewarding however management despite being nice people are not very organised. I have had other jobs in similar positions which have been better in terms of communication and voicing concerns. A lot of the time in this company my issues were ignored and some concerned the well being of people in our care.

I enjoyed the job mostly because I knew my work was making a difference but would recommend another team if this is something you want to do for the long haul. Can be distressing work but very rewarding if you apply yourself. Just expect to be quite independent as after the training you will need to be self reliant if anything goes wrong.
Pros
Hours are set, meals provided, rewarding.
Cons
Lack of communication, lots of stress, poor organisation sometimes.