Danshell Group Management reviews

Horrible
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Bishop Auckland, Durham19 May 2019
Horrible horrible awful horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible horrible awful horrible horrible horrible awful

It’s a horrible place the hours are long the money is awful the staff are all miserable because of the above we are dogs bodies would rather work for the gestapo
Pros
Food ok
Cons
Everything else
Beware of the management.
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire2 May 2019
I worked at Danshell for just under a year and it became clear that management was more intrested in getting more clients then making sure the ones they already have were sorted out.
No support at all. Any complaints, and some very severe misconduct occurred by other staff members whilst I was there, and the staff were silenced. No justice, no punishments and no safeguarding for staff or service users.
The pay was constantly wrong, I'm still owed a lot of money now but will never see it despite trying hard to fight for it. If you leave they don't pay you your final salary and if they do it's almost always wrong as usual. Any day off you have will be bombarded with messages demanding you cover shifts due to under staffing.
When you are on the end of your shift and no one turns up you are often left there to do a double shift and expected to stay awake (that's a minimum of 24 hours straight without a break). Even though it is illegal, you cant walk out on a vulnerable individual, and theres no one to take over. Then on top of that you get a call bullying you by the deputy manager. Horrible.
The issue is even if you love making a difference, it's almost impossible to live in such conditions, not knowing your shifts, when you will be home or what and when you will be paid.
Pros
You get to help an individual
Cons
Pay wrong often. Management doesnt care. Shifts.
Wallace Hospital
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dundee, Dundee City11 April 2019
By far the worst job I have ever had. If you value your career/pin number stay well clear of this lot. A bullying culture of managers particularly the MD who regularly abuses her position and a manager who is far from trustworthy.
Pros
There are some really genuine, hard working care staff
Cons
Corrupt managment team - money driven company
Not worth it for the pay.
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hartlepool29 March 2019
During my time here I have witnessed a drop in care from management. They seem more interested in bringing in clients that are highly funded rather than those suitable for the service they are. This puts staff at risk (when there is staff in). You have to donate 15 mins of your time every day for handover and that is always guaranteed to run over so staff are late to leave as well. No difference in pay for night shift either.
Pros
Most service users (the suitable ones) are lovely. Food is okay
Cons
Underpaid, Take on clients that are completely unsuitable for service, Lucky to get breaks during night shift, Lucky if you have correct number of staff needed for the day, Definitely unpaid for what you have to deal with, Rota gives no real work/life balance
Awful place to work
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Dundee, Dundee City12 March 2019
Cliquey, bullying culture. Old staff refuse any kind of change and do not welcome new faces. Poor rota management means a bad shift pattern. Poor communication when policies or procedures change. Management beyond awful - persistent offenders of absence/lateness not actioned meaning good staff leave, make and break rules to suit themselves, working in unsafe conditions and below acceptable staff levels daily, staff attacks and injuries are the norm, extremely high staff turnover, numerous complaints to governing bodies but nothing ever done. One manager in particular has been previously cautioned for stealing from a patient (documented online) and it has been widely reported is a bully who pushes people out of their jobs - yet can go on to win awards.
Pros
Cons
Poor support structure, staff too busy gossiping about each other and complaining
Awful place to work, avoid at all costs.
Admin (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire26 February 2019
Never worked in a place like it and hopefully never will again. The managers at the top are awful and uncaring. The whole business is ran poorly, care staff and admin staff under pressure. The worst thing is that the people who this ends up affecting long term is the residents.
Pros
Free tea, coffee and juice
Cons
Long hours with some unpaid overtime, uncaring management
Worst place I have ever worked. Avoid ar all costs.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hexham, Northumberland7 February 2019
I detest this company. I feel so much for some of the residents. The pay is poor and there are certain individuals who do just not care. It's very institutionalised and I would definitely avoid taking a job there.
Pros
None??
Cons
Sone staff are bullies. Poor wages especially for nursing staff. Institutionalised.
If supplying weapons paid more Danshell would do that
MDT (Former Employee) –  South East London, Greater London2 February 2019
Terrible bullying culture endemic in the company led through the boorish example of its owner. Bullies seem to thrive there. Unsafe. The accent is about maximising profits. Some fantastic employees, most of whom get out, or are pushed. Shouldn’t be trusted with public finances.
Pros
Staff who want to do job well
Cons
Management bullies, the owner, unsafe working practices
S/u were great
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  East Midlands19 January 2019
No support from management, food not good very little veg..Very long hours,no progression as a support worker, they are the people who work very hard and care for the s/u, which is not appreciated, certain staff very clique with management that gets preferential treatment.not a company I would recommend
Pros
free meals, if you enjoy carbs
Wallace- Challenging but very rewarding
Former support worker (Former Employee) –  Dundee, Dundee City30 August 2018
Great place to work as it says on the tin can be very challenging working out how best you can help people but the overall staff is amazing very caring and supportive all staff really try to do their best for the client group.
Management is very supportive, will help on the floor, do what they can with whatever issue you have and make sure you know your strengths.
If your looking for a run of the mill easy job then don’t apply if you looking for a rewarding career go for it!!!
Pros
Meals on shift
Cons
Wages can be better
8 October 2018

Hello

Thank you for your review – all feedback is welcomed and I would be keen to have a confidential conversation with you about your time at Danshell.

Any information you share will be in strict confidence. Please could you email me directly on stefan.cadogan@danshell.co.uk, alternatively if you would like to chat, please could you email a contact number and I would be happy to call you back.

Stay clear from wallace
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Dundee wallace hospital18 August 2018
I can only feel sorry for the patients that live here. Shocking company... you only have to look at the HIS reports.

Stay well clear or become part of a compaany that abuses their patients and the level of trust they put into you

I wouldnt put the worse person in the world in this place and the worse bit is management
Pros
U can help well ur there
Cons
You cant do the right thing the whole company is a cover up
20 August 2018

20 August 2018

Group Resourcing Manager

Company did not meet my expectations
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Kirby Cross21 May 2018
Very challenging Job. Co workers are helpful. Organisation needs to be improved. I had had other jobs in similar positions which have been better in terms of communication and listening to employees concerns. Do not reward own staff but prefer to use agency workers.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Lack in management communication, low salary. Long hours without breaks.
24 May 2018

Hello,

Thank you for your review – all feedback is welcomed and we would be keen to have a confidential conversation with you about your time at Danshell.

Our approach to care delivery and our staff team is built on the foundation of our values – Safe, Sound, Supportive.

Any information you share will be in strict confidence and you can email the Group Resourcing Manager directly on stefan.cadogan@danshell.co.uk or provide a contact number for us to reach you on.

Warm Regards

24 May 2018

Hello,

Kind Regards’

Good and Bad.
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Staffordshire13 April 2018
Rewarding however management despite being nice people are not very organised. I have had other jobs in similar positions which have been better in terms of communication and voicing concerns. A lot of the time in this company my issues were ignored and some concerned the well being of people in our care.

I enjoyed the job mostly because I knew my work was making a difference but would recommend another team if this is something you want to do for the long haul. Can be distressing work but very rewarding if you apply yourself. Just expect to be quite independent as after the training you will need to be self reliant if anything goes wrong.
Pros
Hours are set, meals provided, rewarding.
Cons
Lack of communication, lots of stress, poor organisation sometimes.
Stay clear
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  North East5 February 2018
They say they are a caring company but when it comes to you needing that extra support it is not there your cast out like you are nothing. Don’t get poorly is all I can say. Dangerous place to work due to staffing levels inadequate. Certain patients have no quality of life just stuck in a room all day staring at four walls but secluded out of the way of visitors. Out of sight out of mind . False advertisement of place of work. Poor wage for the clientele you are supporting. No progression . Poor communication throughout management down to other staff. Staff just numbers no care towards staff.
Stay clear of this company.
Cons
unsupportive company. Long days
Stay clear of this company
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  North East5 December 2017
A very dangerous place to work, management are not interested when you voice you're concerns for staff and the service users. Staff were also very cliquey, if the nurse didn't like you, you'd get the really difficult service user's. There were also cut backs for staff having meal's, even though they expected you to stay on site for the full 12 hour shift. The food did become disgusting though and it was appalling the portions the service user got, very small amounts and if they didn't like what was offered, no alternative was given by one particular chef. Certain staff were also allowed to work together, partner's etc, which reflected on the service user's not being properly cared for. When CQC were doing an inspection, management would make sure everyone was in and prime staff on what to say.
Pros
Cons
Dangerous working conditions, disgusting food.
Cedar Vale
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire23 October 2017
I enjoyed working here because of the patients and the staff on the floor of the unit. Management weren't very good and supplies would often be of shortage.
Blame culture poor senior management 'clique'
Senior OT (Former Employee) –  Nottingham1 August 2017
What could be an amazing place to work is unsafe and surrounded by a clique of senior authorities who know little about the whole MDT and their practice. Culture has implemented a poor ethic to this company and some of its employees - many of whom care a great deal about their role and the service users within it - people do not stop long as they are not supported or appreciated.

If its not done 'their way' they 'blame' and are not allowed to improve the service.

Certain long term employees from the companies prior name would benefit from leaving and allowing the service to grow effectively
Pros
support workers free lunch
Cons
unfair pay for positions of similar posts, poor senior management, lack of trust within company regulations, senior staff going against policies
Progressive
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Midlands17 May 2017
Good company - management are considerate to staff, service needs and committed to patient care.

A real culture especially within challenging services. Hours can be long, but it's the norm in care.

My service has gone from 'Requires improvement' to 'Good' since I have been here - a great place for anyone wanting to be hands on and committed to quality care delivery.

A proud current Nurse!
Pros
Team culture / Service Users
Great staff on the floor, senior management appalling.
Deputy Manager (Former Employee) –  Scotland14 March 2017
Worked as a Deputy Manager until recently, two clinical shifts and the remainder office based. Very quickly changed. Overpaid nurse working on the floor full time yet still expected to carry out management duties. Impossible in a situation where your shift is spent trying to cover shortfall of staff, administering medications and dealing with monies throughout the day, not including managing daily routine and caring for extremely vulnerable service users. Over and above this, continue to receive admissions! Absolutely no support from senior management whatsoever, too busy 'painting the grass green' for visits from external bodies. Staff on the floor do an amazing job in extremely difficult circumstances, however are not rewarded through appropriate remuneration and more importantly are not at all valued by senior management. The place I worked was lovely and it was an awful wrench to leave, however I could not continue to work in a place where it valued profit over people.
Pros
The meals are free.
Cons
Constant shift changes without discussion or consultation. Frequently working short staffed, imbalance of regular staff to agency staff on shift. No support from senior management.
I would stay well away from this company
Healthcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  North East16 October 2016
I would not recommend working for this company whatsoever. HR are appalling, always employing staff with no experience whatsoever, constant mallicious false accusations and slander being made about experienced staff by new staff, being left in dangerous situations, no support from management, constant shift changes leading to no home life whatsoever, no support from management. The whole thing is organised chaos.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours, stressful environment, constant shift changes, constant false accusations being made about staff, rubbish management, no support, dangerous, inexperienced staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Danshell Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3