Daniel Thwaites Plc Employee Reviews for Housekeeper

Featured review
Daniel Thwaites Plc selected this as a representative review
Great employer!!
Pub Marketing (Current Employee) –  Mellor, Lancashire24 May 2019
Having moved from a really great company, I was keen to work for a business with a warm culture, great work ethic and employee appreciation. I can genuinely say I got that when I moved to Thwaites and continue to enjoy it every day. I love that my role has variety and every day is different. I feel privileged to work for Thwaites and am grateful for my role and opportunity every day.

Fantastic working environment and really great team of people.
Pros
Great company culture, Job satisfaction, continued learning, approachable management team
Cons
N/a
Horrible
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Kettering, Northamptonshire11 October 2018
I worked in housekeeping all the ladies were lovely but you were rushed to complete rooms, had to come in early some days because they had too many rooms and didn't have enough colleges to complete the day. I dreded coming in to work it was stressful and painful I was constantly crying.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
The lunches were disgusting
Horrible place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Knutsford, Cheshire19 February 2018
Worked as a housekeeper
They have unrealistic cleaning time for each room, no matter how a mess the rooms are, even if there's more then one bed in the room, still the same time and your on your own even putting king size covers on beds.
Sometimes you end up sharing 1 hover between two floors that's 6 clears. Nothing is ever stocked up so as well as the short time you have to come in early to stock your cleaning trolly that's if someone hasn't stolen the one you stocked up the night before just to help your self out plus dont have all the stuff you need you have to wait for it or your running around for it all the time.
Lunch is at 12, an the food was horrible the amount of times I felt sick after eatting it that I stopped an started to bring my own lunch in.
Don't forget sometimes you have no idea what rooms are free to clean and sometimes you can be waiting up to an hour to start one room from your list, constantly having to go to the main office to see if one has come available cause it's to much trouble to come down to tell you as soon as ones free.
And after you have been there 3 months they expect a month notice in advance to leave. The only only good thing was most of the staff they where really nice because they where in the same situation.
Pros
Most of the staff
Cons
Working there staff far to hard for minimum wage