Daniel Thwaites Plc Employee Reviews in Bristol

Featured review
Daniel Thwaites Plc selected this as a representative review
Great employer!!
Pub Marketing (Current Employee) –  Mellor, Lancashire24 May 2019
Having moved from a really great company, I was keen to work for a business with a warm culture, great work ethic and employee appreciation. I can genuinely say I got that when I moved to Thwaites and continue to enjoy it every day. I love that my role has variety and every day is different. I feel privileged to work for Thwaites and am grateful for my role and opportunity every day.

Fantastic working environment and really great team of people.
Pros
Great company culture, Job satisfaction, continued learning, approachable management team
Cons
N/a
Spa Receptionist/ Therapist (Former Employee) –  Bristol16 March 2018
Basic wages for long days. Could take a strain on own health. Enjoyed the experience at the time but felt extremely over worked. Breaks were short or sometimes missed.
Pros
Good experience
not a good experience
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol8 September 2017
due to the many changes to the company, it was not a enjoyable or a happy place with team morale low in all departments (bar, spa, kitchen, and conference).
if you want a job that you want to progress in while enjoying your time there this isnt the place for you.
In this company it a case of being apart of a friendly team and nice work area but due to the company trying to cut hours and gain more profit and have staff members do 3 sections a shift such as reception ,restraunt service and conference all at same time. Plus many customers would agree in the standards is very much below par, if you want a social life with this job forget it.
Pros
free staff food and nice people work with
Cons
poor wages and ridiculous hours
Friendly but tedious
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol1 June 2017
Food and beverage assistant

Nice people that work here but they expect you to make the job role your life. often made to work 10 hour shifts, then go home and sleep for 5 hours and back to another 10 hour shift
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hours/ 0 hour contract
Waitress
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Bristol, ENG11 October 2015
I enjoyed working in a historical environment and working with the tourists visiting the area. I also enjoyed at it was my first experience in food and beverage.