Daniel Thwaites Plc

Daniel Thwaites Plc Employee Reviews

United Kingdom52 reviews
Running a public house is very demanding, hard work, and not family friendly but its fun and you make new friends. This was only a temporary role but well worth the experience
Pros
Meeting People
Cons
Long Hours
Working at the crown involved mainly serving customers at a fast pace and having to communicate with other members of the team to ensure everything runs smoothly. At times it can be stressful but once new members of staff are settled and trained than its just a case of using the systems and making sure you have everything in your section is up to date and ready, taking down the stress levels.
Not a very good company to work for, took over a indipendent hotel. The hotel management, were terrible, I don't think the senior management, no what they are up to, shame really. You get the management saying that they don't want any riff raff, coming to the hotel, ie the general public. Ripping the decor to shreds. Only two members of staff remain, from 35. Says alot really.
I have worked in the cleaning industry for over 30 years and this company is a shambles. Managers are rude and up themselves. Staff turn over is huge (says it all) wages are wrong frequently. Wages are often wrong and not rectified until the following pay run!. The place is really dirty and I wouldn’t recommend it as a venue. When I complained and shown them pictures of the filth and areas of real concern that affects clients and customers I was told it had nothing to do with me. The cleaning products where very thin on the ground and most days I had to go on the hunt for products to do the job.Equipment was often broken and had to wait weeks for replacement or bodged up fix.
Pros
Suited my childcare needs
Cons
Really bad management in all departments
Terrible management. Spa receptionist telling spa therapists what to do. Too much massage / Facials not shared equally between therapists. If you get a tiny gap you have staff on reception suddenly thinking they are managers and have you doing there jobs for them ie : Washing pots, getting robes, tidying relax room . The only saving grace are the clients as i did meet some lovely clients. All therapists are fed up which makes it a very dismal place to work.
Pros
free launch but not good food
Cons
minimum wage, poor management
Lousy management
If your face fits all good

If it doesn't it's lousy

Terrible management ability to care about the essential things like company personal paperwork

Didn't care

NORTH WEST
Pros
Nil
Cons
All of them
A lovely pub but awful management. Weekend work. Lovely customers and a great night to be had making working work fun and time goes fast. Lovely surrounding area.
Pros
Customer's
Cons
Thwaites is a great place to call work. A real family business with wonderful colleagues and impressive surroundings. The work is busy, challenging and rewarding with great opportunities for personal development too.
Pros
Amazing offices, personal and professional development
Cons
Na
As a veteran in the brewing industry the brewery is a great place to work. Beautiful surroundings make it a pleasure to come to work. Great friendly atmosphere.
Great place to work, good hours and work life balance, supportive team environment, good work perks. Would highly recommend working here to everyone..
Having moved from a really great company, I was keen to work for a business with a warm culture, great work ethic and employee appreciation. I can genuinely say I got that when I moved to Thwaites and continue to enjoy it every day. I love that my role has variety and every day is different. I feel privileged to work for Thwaites and am grateful for my role and opportunity every day.

Fantastic working environment and really great team of people.
Pros
Great company culture, Job satisfaction, continued learning, approachable management team
Cons
N/a
A great culture with an ethos of high challenge and high support.
Opportunities for progression have been clearly laid out for me and I am always given the tools I need to meet my targets.
Pros
Team spirit, career progression, free fruit
Cons
first time i had worked in tied trade my three adventures in to public houses and restaurants had all been in free trade it was a bit of a shock but the folk were fine
Pros
nice accommodation
Cons
daily admin for the materials team.
Inputting of data into MFGPRO system,bagging of works orders and also shredding confidential information

I worked within a small team covering long term sickness of one of the employees
Thwaites are a very underhand company from my experience with them,they say one thing and then do the opposite. If you work at head office it's probably an amazing job,if you don't they have no interest in you. Terrible Working hours and pay and staff morale is on the floor and they couldn't care less.
Pros
Cons
Wages, hours, thwaites management I could go on and on
I worked in housekeeping all the ladies were lovely but you were rushed to complete rooms, had to come in early some days because they had too many rooms and didn't have enough colleges to complete the day. I dreded coming in to work it was stressful and painful I was constantly crying.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
The lunches were disgusting
The most friendliest environment I have ever worked in, everyone gets on with each other, everyone helps each other.
The management are great and very approachable no matter what the problem is.

In over 35 years of work, albeit only being there for under a year due to severe knee problems, it is the beat place I have had ever had the fortune to work at, loved every minute of it.
Pros
Great friendly staff and management, free meals and uniform
Cons
Ambiente juvenil y familiar. Desde el primer dia te integran en equipo de trabajo.
Were expected to work every weekend, even when asked for time off wasent aloud as only other 2/3 therapists that work here. Spa manager dosent have a clue about beauty therapy or the treatments, and was rude at times. Not great pay an hour either for the amount of massage expected to do everyday, 5 days a week.
Pros
Free staff food
Cons
Contracted hours
Basic wages for long days. Could take a strain on own health. Enjoyed the experience at the time but felt extremely over worked. Breaks were short or sometimes missed.
Pros
Good experience
Worked as a housekeeper
They have unrealistic cleaning time for each room, no matter how a mess the rooms are, even if there's more then one bed in the room, still the same time and your on your own even putting king size covers on beds.

Sometimes you end up sharing 1 hover between two floors that's 6 clears. Nothing is ever stocked up so as well as the short time you have to come in early to stock your cleaning trolly that's if someone hasn't stolen the one you stocked up the night before just to help your self out plus dont have all the stuff you need you have to wait for it or your running around for it all the time.

Lunch is at 12, an the food was horrible the amount of times I felt sick after eatting it that I stopped an started to bring my own lunch in.

Don't forget sometimes you have no idea what rooms are free to clean and sometimes you can be waiting up to an hour to start one room from your list, constantly having to go to the main office to see if one has come available cause it's to much trouble to come down to tell you as soon as ones free.

And after you have been there 3 months they expect a month notice in advance to leave. The only only good thing was most of the staff they where really nice because they where in the same situation.
Pros
Most of the staff
Cons
Working there staff far to hard for minimum wage