Daniel Thwaites Plc Employee Reviews

Featured review
Daniel Thwaites Plc selected this as a representative review
Great employer!!
Pub Marketing (Current Employee) –  Mellor, Lancashire24 May 2019
Having moved from a really great company, I was keen to work for a business with a warm culture, great work ethic and employee appreciation. I can genuinely say I got that when I moved to Thwaites and continue to enjoy it every day. I love that my role has variety and every day is different. I feel privileged to work for Thwaites and am grateful for my role and opportunity every day.

Fantastic working environment and really great team of people.
Pros
Great company culture, Job satisfaction, continued learning, approachable management team
Cons
N/a
Not a good first impression
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Windermere7 October 2019
Not a very good company to work for, took over a indipendent hotel. The hotel management, were terrible, I don't think the senior management, no what they are up to, shame really. You get the management saying that they don't want any riff raff, coming to the hotel, ie the general public. Ripping the decor to shreds. Only two members of staff remain, from 35. Says alot really.
I don’t know where to start
Night Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Solent Hotel & Spa24 September 2019
I have worked in the cleaning industry for over 30 years and this company is a shambles. Managers are rude and up themselves. Staff turn over is huge (says it all) wages are wrong frequently. Wages are often wrong and not rectified until the following pay run!. The place is really dirty and I wouldn’t recommend it as a venue. When I complained and shown them pictures of the filth and areas of real concern that affects clients and customers I was told it had nothing to do with me. The cleaning products where very thin on the ground and most days I had to go on the hunt for products to do the job.Equipment was often broken and had to wait weeks for replacement or bodged up fix.
Pros
Suited my childcare needs
Cons
Really bad management in all departments
Nice Spa Shame About Management
Beauty Therapist (Former Employee) –  Knutsford, Cheshire13 August 2019
Terrible management. Spa receptionist telling spa therapists what to do. Too much massage / Facials not shared equally between therapists. If you get a tiny gap you have staff on reception suddenly thinking they are managers and have you doing there jobs for them ie : Washing pots, getting robes, tidying relax room . The only saving grace are the clients as i did meet some lovely clients. All therapists are fed up which makes it a very dismal place to work.
Pros
free launch but not good food
Cons
minimum wage, poor management
Terrible environment
Breakfast chef (Former Employee) –  Settle, North Yorkshire30 June 2019
Lousy management
If your face fits all good
If it doesn't it's lousy
Terrible management ability to care about the essential things like company personal paperwork
Didn't care
NORTH WEST
Pros
Nil
Cons
All of them
Awful management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Warwick7 June 2019
A lovely pub but awful management. Weekend work. Lovely customers and a great night to be had making working work fun and time goes fast. Lovely surrounding area.
Pros
Customer's
Cons
Great team and an amazing place to call work
Food Development (Current Employee) –  Mellor, Lancashire3 June 2019
Thwaites is a great place to call work. A real family business with wonderful colleagues and impressive surroundings. The work is busy, challenging and rewarding with great opportunities for personal development too.
Pros
Amazing offices, personal and professional development
Cons
Na
Great Place to Work
Brewer (Current Employee) –  Brewery28 May 2019
As a veteran in the brewing industry the brewery is a great place to work. Beautiful surroundings make it a pleasure to come to work. Great friendly atmosphere.
Great Place to Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Samlesbury, Lancashire24 May 2019
Great place to work, good hours and work life balance, supportive team environment, good work perks. Would highly recommend working here to everyone..
Rewarding, challenging and a great team
Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mellor, Lancashire24 May 2019
A great culture with an ethos of high challenge and high support.
Opportunities for progression have been clearly laid out for me and I am always given the tools I need to meet my targets.
Pros
Team spirit, career progression, free fruit
tied trade
Licensee (Former Employee) –  Thornton and Allerton11 May 2019
first time i had worked in tied trade my three adventures in to public houses and restaurants had all been in free trade it was a bit of a shock but the folk were fine
Pros
nice accommodation
Cons
Steer clear, not worth the money for the aggregation you get
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Cubbington9 May 2019
Good pay but that's about it, management are clueless how to organise anything. Blame culture, there's no such thing as an accident it's guilty until proven innocent.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything else
productive workplace
Material administrative clerk (Former Employee) –  Cubbington3 March 2019
daily admin for the materials team.
Inputting of data into MFGPRO system,bagging of works orders and also shredding confidential information
I worked within a small team covering long term sickness of one of the employees
Glad I've left
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancashire24 February 2019
Thwaites are a very underhand company from my experience with them,they say one thing and then do the opposite. If you work at head office it's probably an amazing job,if you don't they have no interest in you. Terrible Working hours and pay and staff morale is on the floor and they couldn't care less.
Pros
Cons
Wages, hours, thwaites management I could go on and on
Horrible
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Kettering, Northamptonshire11 October 2018
I worked in housekeeping all the ladies were lovely but you were rushed to complete rooms, had to come in early some days because they had too many rooms and didn't have enough colleges to complete the day. I dreded coming in to work it was stressful and painful I was constantly crying.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
The lunches were disgusting
Brilliant place to work
Night Porter (Former Employee) –  Penrith, Cumbria25 September 2018
The most friendliest environment I have ever worked in, everyone gets on with each other, everyone helps each other.
The management are great and very approachable no matter what the problem is.
In over 35 years of work, albeit only being there for under a year due to severe knee problems, it is the beat place I have had ever had the fortune to work at, loved every minute of it.
Pros
Great friendly staff and management, free meals and uniform
Ambiente juvenil y familiar
Administrativo recepcionista (Former Employee) –  Cumbria1 September 2018
Ambiente juvenil y familiar. Desde el primer dia te integran en equipo de trabajo.
Horrible place to work in
Beauty Therapist (Former Employee) –  Aztec West, Gloucestershire24 March 2018
Were expected to work every weekend, even when asked for time off wasent aloud as only other 2/3 therapists that work here. Spa manager dosent have a clue about beauty therapy or the treatments, and was rude at times. Not great pay an hour either for the amount of massage expected to do everyday, 5 days a week.
Pros
Free staff food
Cons
Contracted hours
Spa Receptionist/ Therapist (Former Employee) –  Bristol16 March 2018
Basic wages for long days. Could take a strain on own health. Enjoyed the experience at the time but felt extremely over worked. Breaks were short or sometimes missed.
Pros
Good experience
Horrible place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Knutsford, Cheshire19 February 2018
Worked as a housekeeper
They have unrealistic cleaning time for each room, no matter how a mess the rooms are, even if there's more then one bed in the room, still the same time and your on your own even putting king size covers on beds.
Sometimes you end up sharing 1 hover between two floors that's 6 clears. Nothing is ever stocked up so as well as the short time you have to come in early to stock your cleaning trolly that's if someone hasn't stolen the one you stocked up the night before just to help your self out plus dont have all the stuff you need you have to wait for it or your running around for it all the time.
Lunch is at 12, an the food was horrible the amount of times I felt sick after eatting it that I stopped an started to bring my own lunch in.
Don't forget sometimes you have no idea what rooms are free to clean and sometimes you can be waiting up to an hour to start one room from your list, constantly having to go to the main office to see if one has come available cause it's to much trouble to come down to tell you as soon as ones free.
And after you have been there 3 months they expect a month notice in advance to leave. The only only good thing was most of the staff they where really nice because they where in the same situation.
Pros
Most of the staff
Cons
Working there staff far to hard for minimum wage
Poor wages
Past employee (Former Employee) –  Solent, Hampshire30 January 2018
Only apply if you want unsociable hours for minimum wage. You do get free food but only if your break is at 12 or 5 which it most likely won’t be. It seems that higher up management don’t really care about their staff and turn a blind eye to the huge staff turnover, which is definitely due to the minimum wage issue.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Daniel Thwaites Plc. Our community is ready to answer.