Daniel Owen Ltd Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Dumper Driver (Former Employee) –  Eastleigh, Hampshire1 May 2019
Excellent all round. Really good gang to work with . Overall site conduct on a high standard. Health and safety issues are dealt with in the way. ...........................
Funwork place
Pts labourer (Current Employee) –  Various locations19 March 2019
I enjoy working for Daniel owen as a Pts Labourer. I have learnt so much in the time I have been there I’m also will not to do more courses to further mmy career in the rail engineering sector.I think every one that is a Pts labourer will agree with me that the only down fall about working on the rail is the weather other than that I fully enjoy what I do.
Pros
Late starts
Cons
Good
PTS CLEANER (Former Employee) –  GROOVE PARK15 March 2019
Good pay but no job security. Average management. Learned to stay focus at work. Met some good fellows down there. The manaement never believe his own staff statement. They never do there findings before taking judgement.
fast paced.
Resourcer/Trainee Consultant (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire3 September 2018
Very fast paced work environment and very cut throat as in your desk may as well be paying rent,if you are late on payment, eviction notice will be served. No Doubt
Pros
not a lot
Cons
Training was just not there.
Fun
Construction Labourer (Former Employee) –  Cornwall13 February 2018
It's s very good agency to work for. They are are very quick Company that can find you work with in a few days. They staff at the company are very nice and easy too talk too
good experience
lebour (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London18 September 2017
i love their handling of matters and their response good nice company always they find work for you if your well behaved and liked where they send i love there way of operation and always their very polite
Pros
no lunch
Cons
8-10hr per day
cscs
Finisher (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London1 August 2017
• Scheduling work to be carried out to ensure production targets are achieved and high quality of product is maintained. Working with Site Manager, supervise all sub-contractors and trades.
• Assist with deliveries – Monitor and manage items required for site maintenance – Keep all the site areas clean, clear, safe and secure
Job handyman
Handyman (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire29 June 2017
A day on site would be quite non repetitive. One day I would be helping the roofers felt & battening up the roof. Other days I would be Infilling brickwork, incomplete due to scaffold or services. Forklift driving, taking goods in & signing them in. Shuttering holes in incompleted floors, in and around services. To pumping water off the flat roof. Very physical demanding job.
Pros
Cons
Very hard physical day
nice environment
General Operative (Former Employee) –  Greater London21 April 2017
Always meeting interesting people,work is suitably allocated close to home
lots of help and advice on how to improve skills to further career.
very understanding.
Try else where first
Handyman/labourer (Current Employee) –  Everywhere9 January 2017
Since working for them I've had problems with wages the customer service is not the best although there are some good people there from time to time their wages is not good but they do get you work most of the time
Pros
They get you work most of the time
Cons
Trouble with wages from time to time
great work very reliable
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Oxford21 November 2016
this company was very reliable and helpful while working with them no problems or anything with the work or payments. always let me know if anything comes up.
nice company, nice place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  London6 May 2016
I really enjoy the days and the years i work with daniel owen ltd. good people and communication with every one that work there.and excellent customer service.to be trusthful so time is very hard some time when u drive for long hours. am ok with this thanks. the management in ok,lovely people, every body that work there look like brother
Pros
nice people
Cons
long hour
dishonest about the amount of work.
General labourer (Former Employee) –  Roch, WLS27 November 2015
i was told there would be 3-4 weeks solid work and had 5 days spread over 2 weeks. that dishonesty cost me and others opportunities for more consistent work.
Overall very good company to work with
Ganger/Handyman (Current Employee) –  Houghton Regis23 November 2015
Management are good, excellent work ethic, the salary is sweet. The only downside is the opportunity to progress within the organisation
Pros
Good Pay, Good management
Cons
length of contracts
Good workplace
Senior Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oxford6 January 2015
Each day, in the main was trying to develop new business for the M&E desk. I also had to resource candidates for roles which had been requested from my clients.
I was left to manage the division. There was very little management from above.
I worked in a very small team. Delegating all sorts of duties to members of the office and tried to develop their skills where I could.