Dale Farm Employee Reviews

Production Operator
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Fivemiletown21 March 2019
When working at Dale farm for about a year, i was working the evening shift from 14.00 to 22.00, sometimes weekends too. I got my brother to give me lifts to and from work, he worked on the same shift as me, i was working through a recruitment agency, i enjoyed it we made grated cheese, sometimes i would be inside but most times outside packing the bags of cheese in the box's. I left because the contract ended.
Pros
Quiet workplace
Cons
Asked to work overally long weekends
Not a nice place to work
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim20 March 2019
Was here for 3 Years and honestly believe they were wasted years. Senior leaders were rude and aloof. The culture is quite unlike anything I'd encountered before - very unpleasant...
I can honestly say I learned nothing of any value for the future.
It's only when you leave that you truly realize what an awful company it really is...
Pros
Free Fruit
Cons
Demanding, Poor Culture
work in itself calm and good in a well-coordinated team
worker operative (Former Employee) –  Cookstown, County Tyrone6 February 2019
work by the employment agency, work on the phone (you wait until you get a message) even at late hours, insolvent job agency, problems with holidays do not want to pay for them, do not send payslips to employees, they lose pay for holidays, irresponsible people in the agency, ignoring employees and their needs,
Pros
not forced overtime
Cons
work by agencies is not possible for a contract, work only 37.5 hours a week
Fun job
Promotional Staff (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim14 October 2018
From simply experiencing the promotion side of it, I can say that it was a fun short term job which let me work at many big events for the company such as Balmoral and the Irish Open.
Excellent. Recommended
Milk Recorder (Current Employee) –  Northern Ireland20 July 2018
My job entails visiting dairy farms when the cows are being milked and taking a sample of milk from each cow. Herds are 'recorded' on average morning and evening once a month. The number of herds you do is directly related to your attitude and ability to record details accurately. I've been working for Dale farm for 10 years now and have loved every minute. I have an excellent relationship with my boss and have always found my role fully supported by office management. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend dale farm as an employer provided you are prepared to work hard. Although there are few opportunities for advancement with this role if you are consistent and conscientious you will be appreciated.
Pros
Good benefits, arrange own hours.
Cons
Sometimes Unsociable hours, often hot/cold/dirty working conditions.
Its ok...
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Cookstown, County Tyrone23 November 2017
Good pay if you are actually working for Dale Farm,beware the recruitment agencies or one in particular that deals with this place,no guaranted hours,phoning you at all times yet when you want a day off its like you have murdered someone,and all.this of the minimum wage,factories have sold the locals down the river big time, avoid....
fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wrexham19 July 2017
it's a nice place to work and where you can have fun at the workplace, lovely people and great environment.
good facilities and car park. kitchen and smoke shelter
management mess you about
maintenance tech (Former Employee) –  Kendal, Cumbria21 April 2017
would not and could not recommend working there as there give you false hope and there are VERY desperate for people to stay when you do get in you want to get out....
Pros
good pay if engineer
Cons
will not give full contract
fun to work in warehousing
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Kendal2 April 2017
good place to work get enough time for breaks and it use to be hard work lifting yogurt all day and use to pay extra for unsociable hours nice team to work with
Pros
good money
Cons
is non
Good Company
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim18 January 2017
In dale farm they always look out for the workers, Brilliant company to work for and always willing to work around your needs. I would say they are one off the best companies I have worked for.
Dale farm
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Ballymena, County Antrim5 January 2017
Really clean place to work, people are really nice and work stations are always really clean, long hours are a bit of a hassle for everything else with the work place is perfect
Cons
Free food
Very productive and hard working
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Cookstown District30 September 2016
It was a very good place to work and close to home but after my wife and I had kids the shift pattern didn't work for me especially evening /night shift
Pros
On site canteen and good and freindly people to work with
Cons
Long hours especially evening shift as you would not know what time you would be finishing
hard working, honest and aim to please
26T delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Newtownabbey25 January 2016
my day starts with default checks on a lorry to make sure it is road worthy ,driving onto a loading bay to be loaded paperwork in order to plan the route for that day, to but load in order for the run checking load is correct and secure, in order that no damage occurs setting out to deliver goods to customer punctually with good customer service.
Pros
good wages and benefits
Cons
no communication skills
challenging
Franchisee Manager NI (Former Employee) –  Head Office Belfast30 June 2015
There was no typical day for me in Dale Farm, I was responsible for the sales team for Northern Ireland and this meant that anything could happen and your best laid plans could be changed by a simple phone call. One day your presenting a PP on the teams sales to the sales director, the next your driving a lorry delivering product, while the next day your back out on the road doing business development.
I learnt a lot at DF and made a lot of good contacts and friends over the years...
good
food proseser (Former Employee) –  Rotherham17 August 2014
I learned a lot about food in this job . The hardest part of the job was to make sure everything run smoothly as it was with food.
not very helpful
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Belfast, NIR26 March 2014
the management were not helpful at all, some of the co workers were good lads , the hardest part of the job were the long hours.
Pros
non
Cons
long hours at times nasty management
i didnt like it there
Oxfam Shop - Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thingwall21 September 2013
i had work ex there but didnt like it i wouldnt work there thou not my type of job and oxfam isnt dales farm
good time ,great enviroment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Essex26 November 2012
Stayed at first class hotels,including all meals,with workers from all types.
Transport provided to work every day.
Duties were to provde security for bailiffs in the enforcement of their jobs
Pros
wages, accomadation, meals