Dale Care Ltd

Dale Care Ltd Employee Reviews for Home Care Worker

Don't bother, overworked or no work if you're not a favourite. Office talk to u like dirt, if they bother to answer phone, always add calls before and after you're availibility. You will have no life
Pros
Clients
Cons
everything
Would recommend dale care to anyone!!!! Awful company to work for. Got told was an 40 hour contract but was on 0 hours!!! Hardly given no shifts!!!! Clients are lovely. Management are POOR!!!! Money ain’t decent!! Got told I was on full time no way was that full time at all! Would never work for them ever again. If your thinking of joining DONT!!!! You’ll regret it just like I did. Other ladies from my training are regretting it too!!! So shows what a company they are!!!!Definitely can’t live on their money!!! Might sound a lot but when you actually start you get rubbish earnings for a month!!!
Pros
Good clients
Cons
Bad wages, poor management, false information about their job available, hardly no shifts
The management team is dreadful unapproachable and unorganised. I had no contact with my line manager after my first week to see how I managed or if I had any concerns. Either too many calls or very few from day to day. I had nothing like the hours promised at interview. There was no back up from the office and when I called my line manager she was not available and didn’t call back. My rota was change on a daily basis at the last minute and didn’t account for travelling time between calls. It is the clients I feel sorry for most complained about having a different Carer day to day and complained about office staff being rude to them.
Pros
Lovely service users
Cons
Inconsistent calls poor support
Coordinator s are so unorganised ,you not allowed a social life ,awful place to work,really feel for the service users ,they never know who is going to turn up and what time
When i was working with dale care the working hours were very good you could specify what hours you were looking for and the co coordinators would do their best to work with you. I enjoyed meeting new people as well as creating relationships with my regular service users, the downside is that you dont get to work with other staff that often.
Official response from Dale Care Ltd
27 December 2018
Thank you for your review. A lot of carers would agree that one of the most enjoyable parts of the role is meeting new people and developing a rapport with them. Unfortunately, the nature of the role means that you don’t get the chance to work with other carers, however hopefully spending time with the service users more than makes up for this. As regards the working hours, we do try and be as accommodating as possible with giving carers what they want.
The lack of communication and support from this company is shocking. And don't get me started on safeguarding! Trying to make 1 care do double ups on their own! So unorganised as well and have you driving around like a headless chicken from one end of town to the other for a 15 minute call. Wouldn't even tell my worst enemy to work for Dale Care and I certainly wouldn't have them looking after a family member of mine. Actual carers are lovely to work with and are excellent at their job it's the office staff and HR that put you off!! HR claim to be there to support you and dont even get back to you when you need help! I could go on but I'd be sat here all day listing all the bad things about this care comany...
Pros
Lovely carers to work alongside
Cons
Office staff, communication, travel, safeguarding... Every
I worked for Dale Care for only 3 months and was thoroughly enjoying it I loved caring for my clients although some were definitely challenging! Unfortunately I found a problem with communication, information being processed and I clashed with management so found myself wanting to leave. I had hoped to be working for Dale Care for many years I felt that some clients were taking advantage in that they did not need care. Lovely colleagues and I had a lot of great support from HR
Pros
Excellent training Lovely Clients Working independently
Cons
Poor management skills Low mileage Paying for Uniform
At the time I was there it was terrible. They sent you across town for a 10 minute job and didn't schedule you driving time or account for traffic. Then coordinators called mobile whole driving to shout at you. no compensation for milage or petrol. spent more in petrol than earned. coordinators were rude and hostile. terrible experience. clients were lovely. not given enough time to meet clients needs. left house at 5 am to get to first call, didn't get home til 11pm, only paid for 6 hours.
Pros
Cons
spend more driving than you earn, shouted at by coordinator for their own poor scheduling