Dale Care Ltd

Dale Care Ltd Employee Reviews for Caregiver

Decent business, although i was never given the correct mileage in with my wage. That aside i adored each and every one of my clients and built great bonds and trust with them all
This company are fantastic for you as long as your running yourself into the ground. Management are horrendous and do not give one iota about the staff in the slightest. Avoid this company like the plague. Clients are lovely shame about the way they are managed from those above.
Pros
Lovely clients
Cons
Poor management, badly organised
Poor management and organisation. Had to spend a couple of hours before my shift rearranging my rota to suit the clients. Rota would constantly change with no prior warning, hours that were stipulated prior to accepting the job, calls were put on me outside of those despite numerous times of telling them. Double up calls second Carer wouldn’t turn up as they’d scheduled them a different time to arrive. Promised a contract but given zero hour. Even other Carers who had been there over three years were still on zero hour contracts! Raised concerns over other Carers or residents but nothing was done despite being promised action would be taken. Poor company.
A joke of a company. Horrendous to work for. Nothing but bullying and verbal abuse, no hours what so ever; no organisation, dont get your wages right. would not reccomend .
Pros
Glad i left
Cons
Terrible company
This job is not for people who walk, I did 12 days on and 2 days off and the weekend i was doing from 7am till 11pm with maybe a 1 hour break, one week I did 7 am till 3 pm and the week after I did 3pm till 11pm. This job was rewarding but far to stressful with being a walker i was expected to walk 20mins to another call without any time in between to get to them and than once your late to one it makes you late for the rest and when the weather is awful you get to the clients house soaked. Think they should stick with people who drive, it was great meeting new people and helping them, the office try there hardest to help the carers. If you drive definitely apply but if your a walking and have a bike that would be better.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
long hours, no scocial life, stressful
Awful experience of a unorganized company.. If you want to work for next to nothing apply.. Only good thing was the lovely clients. Sounds great at interview but very disappointed I can understand why they are always looking for staff.. No travel time between visits got to be in 2 places at the same time... The only way this can work is by cutting short the care you give to clients which I was not prepared to do... Dreadful
Pros
Clients
Cons
No time between visits and rude co ordinater..
23 April 2018
We are sorry to hear of your experience with Dale Care. We would like to look into this matter further and would appreciate you contacting us with more details. careers@dalecare.co.ukThank you
although I loved my job and my clients I feel the management at the top and hr are so patronising and inconsistent. The office is very clicky and if your face doesn't fit you get no where they need to learn to look after the good staff instead of the ones who brown nose and cover up their own mistakes!
Pros
plenty of hours
Cons
management
Early starts and late finishes with home care but you do get some time to yourself usually in the afternoons before tea calls start.I met some lovely carers and some lovely service users. It's a challenging job but sad at times but on the whole i love the job.I have had no problem with management or the coordinators and any problems were ironed out quickly, the down side is the zero hour contract as no two weeks are the same work can drop very quickly , you will never be rich with home care. keep an open mind.
Pros
lovely service users and knowing you make a difference.
Cons
working 12 days to get 2 off is very tiring.
27 February 2017
Thank you for your review.The role is challenging and not for everyone, however, the challenge is one of the reasons that a lot of people apply. Also the reward of making a difference to people’s lives on a daily basis. As regards the working pattern, based on feedback from past and present employees then this is something which we have looked to address and now offer a range of flexible work patterns to help employees maintain a healthy work/ life balance.
this job is one of those that looks great on paper- rewarding. meeting new people and making a difference- yes its all of those things BUT thereality is quite different when you get into the swingof things. Go sick at your peril! it will be met with attitude from the in office staff and you are made to feel like a liar when you are genuine. i had a great rota of clients that id built up over my time with the company,but i was sick for 2 weeks with a doctors note for complications of a UTI and all of my preminant calls had been stripped down and not given back to me, like they didnt trust me to have them back even when id only had that single sickness in all of my time at the company (5 years solid) they'd given my clients to the new girls in the area who went sick every weekend and i was called up to cover my former clients because the new girls had gone sick i felt like id been kicked in the teeth. when this was brought up with the director of the company her attitude was so unprofessional and patronising that i felt like i was suddenly in the wrong. lovely clients, but terible in house staff. after woring every xmas day, new years day and bank holiday you get no loyalty and can't rely on your hours.
Pros
lovely clients
Cons
long hours, in house staff
27 February 2017
Thank you for your comments and the points that you have raised. As a company it is our policy that wherever possible we strive to ensure that clients are allocated permanently to carers to help provide consistency of care. This can only be achieved by developing a rapport and familiarity over a period of time and not by changing carers unnecessarily. As with all companies, an employee’s levels of sickness and absence are monitored and addressed if required. Without knowing the individual circumstances surrounding yourself and the clients then I cannot comment specifically, however it is not our policy, or in the best interest of our clients, to reallocate clients to another carer unless a carer has been off for a significant period of time. Even then there is a process which must be gone through before this can happen to ensure that it is in the best interest of the client.
I have worked for Dale Care for a couple of years now. It's a lovely place to work. Dale Care are flexible and supportive and I enjoy doing my job. I feel treat like an individual rather than just a number on the payroll
Pros
Flexibility
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Dale Care Ltd?
normal day a work, you will always be learning challenging different things, the hardest part of the job pleasing everyone and have little jokes and listern to any problems .