Dale Care Ltd

Dale Care Ltd Employee Reviews for Care Worker

Great company helped me when i needed a job worked around me i lived getting to know the service users gave me great skills that i still thrive with daily
The management done care about there clients or caregivers! They make you go out even when your ill. They give no support whatsoever! Hour’s are unsociable and if there’s any complaints against you (which happens even if there not actually bad) they penalise you and don’t want to know your side of story! The company is an absolute joke!!!
Pros
Clients and staff are lovely
Cons
Bad management, unsociable hours, bad pay for what you actually have to do in job
2 afternoons shadowing I was out on my own. Wasn't given a phone. Wasn't contacted to see if I was ready. Too many gaps between calls or not enough time toget to the next call. By the time your supposed to finish you are hours behind. On average did 10-12 hours but got paid for 7-8 hours. Only got paid for time in calls. Also got 3 extra calls added into my rota within 15 minutes of the extra calls. They now refuse to give me my p45 which is actually illegal. They still send payslips with nothing on to reduce the amount of people who leave the company.
Pros
Good rate of pay. But doesn't make up for the cons
Cons
Once induction is complete you are on your own
Working for Dale Care after I left school was great. Plenty hours to go around, great support network with the on call and excellent rates of pay. Felt valued and well looked after.
I worked for Dalecare for over a year. I left due to personel circumstances and childcare problems. My coordinator was very supportive and gradually reduced ny hours. Loved my job and clients was sory to leave.
Pros
clients support
Cons
hours can be difficult re chaildcare
This company is the worst company I have ever worked for. The job itself is lovely, the office treat and speak to you worse than DIRT. If you want to be treated like dirt, join Dale care. The clients are taken advantage of, they often ask you to do double up calls on your own, safeguarding and health and safety for clients and staff is often compromised Massively. Either overworked with no break or hardly any work at all. You can be out all day driving all over the place for miles and only be paid for a few hours work.
Pros
The clients
Cons
Office staff, treatment, most of it
Official response from Dale Care Ltd
18 June 2019
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry to read that your time with us was not what we would expect an employee at Dale to experience. Caring is a very rewarding role and working with the clients is the reason why people choose this a career; the last thing that we would want as a company is for people to have a negative experience of such a rewarding role. We do have a many number of carers working for us who are very happy in the role and as a company we would always encourage staff to contact a relevant member of staff to discuss any concerns that they have; our door is always open. However, we are also continually looking at ways in which we can improve and your comments are important to us as it provides us feedback on what we need to concentrate on. As part of this process I would be keen to discuss your experience with us in greater detail. Please call our HR department on 01388 768271 or email hr@dalecare.co.uk
Most of the staff here are 2 faced and will make up rumours about you so be careful. The management staff think they can speak to you like a piece of dirt with a bad attitude problem. Trapped in a zero hour contract go weeks with no hours. Training is inadequate, pay is a joke. Basically in this company if your face fits then you’ll be fine. Wouldn’t even waste your time applying for this dump of a company.
Cons
Hate working here staff are rude and never get anything done the office is lacking communcation skills and the hours are stupid couldnt afford to run my car with the bad hours care side was lovely.
Pros
Free training and uniform
Cons
Long hours and bad communcations skills in office
Official response from Dale Care Ltd
5 September 2017
Thank you for your review. I am disappointed to read of the experience you had working for Dale Care as this is not what we would hope for our employees, past,present or future. I am unable to comment specifically on your situation without further detail, however, it seems as though there was a problem with the hours that you were working. We encourage all of staff to engage with their line manager if they have any issues, no matter what that may be. If employees still feel that issues are not being addressed then there are further channels (HR for instance) which can be gone through to discuss also. We understand the importance of listening to our employees, no matter what the issue, and on this occasion it seems as though we have failed to do so, which has led to someone unfortunately making the decision to leave the company. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review as, whilst negative, it does provide us with something to consider and take on board in order to prevent other employees experiencing the same situation as yourself.
driving my car how to look after old peaple the hole job there isnt one ..