Dale Care Ltd Employee Reviews

Joke of a company
Care worker assistant (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire29 January 2019
Most of the staff here are 2 faced and will make up rumours about you so be careful. The management staff think they can speak to you like a piece of dirt with a bad attitude problem. Trapped in a zero hour contract go weeks with no hours. Training is inadequate, pay is a joke. Basically in this company if your face fits then you’ll be fine. Wouldn’t even waste your time applying for this dump of a company.
Home carer
Home Carer (Former Employee) –  Hartlepool, Durham2 January 2019
This job is not for people who walk, I did 12 days on and 2 days off and the weekend i was doing from 7am till 11pm with maybe a 1 hour break, one week I did 7 am till 3 pm and the week after I did 3pm till 11pm. This job was rewarding but far to stressful with being a walker i was expected to walk 20mins to another call without any time in between to get to them and than once your late to one it makes you late for the rest and when the weather is awful you get to the clients house soaked. Think they should stick with people who drive, it was great meeting new people and helping them, the office try there hardest to help the carers. If you drive definitely apply but if your a walking and have a bike that would be better.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
long hours, no scocial life, stressful
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Teesside, North Yorkshire28 October 2018
Bad to.work for
Home Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Teeside2 October 2018
Currently working for Dalecare asked to change my availability was told NO by coordinator whom i don't particularly like way she speaks I'm old enough to be her mother.At times your circumstances change which mine have and wasn't even given chance to explain the change to anyone.Also no continuity of care within the company even with the clients who have dementia as you get moved from pillar to post so long as the calls are covered no travel time and hours far too long on a weekend.
Pros
Nice clients
Cons
Changing your cliens lack of continuity poor wage poor petrol allowance gossiping
Worst company ever!!
Home Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Stanley19 September 2018
The lack of communication and support from this company is shocking. And don't get me started on safeguarding! Trying to make 1 care do double ups on their own! So unorganised as well and have you driving around like a headless chicken from one end of town to the other for a 15 minute call. Wouldn't even tell my worst enemy to work for Dale Care and I certainly wouldn't have them looking after a family member of mine. Actual carers are lovely to work with and are excellent at their job it's the office staff and HR that put you off!! HR claim to be there to support you and dont even get back to you when you need help! I could go on but I'd be sat here all day listing all the bad things about this care comany...
Pros
Lovely carers to work alongside
Cons
Office staff, communication, travel, safeguarding... Every
Disappointed
Home Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire1 August 2018
I worked for Dale Care for only 3 months and was thoroughly enjoying it
I loved caring for my clients although some were definitely challenging!
Unfortunately I found a problem with communication, information being processed and I clashed with management so found myself wanting to leave. I had hoped to be working for Dale Care for many years
I felt that some clients were taking advantage in that they did not need care.
Lovely colleagues and I had a lot of great support from HR
Pros
Excellent training Lovely Clients Working independently
Cons
Poor management skills Low mileage Paying for Uniform
advoid
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  crook20 July 2018
i liked helping out round my local community and i built a lot of great relationships and really enjoyed the work i done. on the other hand the organisation of my schedules and such were very off puting. I know everything will have their downsides but I was working alot of anti social hours and not getting paid for them or paid late. the people i worked with i thought were very territorial and instead of working together they seemed to work aginst you. this did not apply to everyone i workedwith i made some good friends. I learned a lot about the needs of other people, a lot about medicines, day to day care and responsibility management treat you like dirt on there shoe they don't know what care is
Pros
service users
Cons
long hrs under pay management
Rediculous
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Crook21 June 2018
Working here is ok if you can tolerate doing your co ordinaters job. God forbid you have kids to look after not very understanding ridiculous expectations ask hours to work and change it all anyway no willingness to cover shifts if needed always given grief if you call the office been with them a couple of years and going to be leaving due to communication failures and false promises. Only good thing is the service users you see. Bad millage pay and no traveling time have to be magic or willing to leave the house earlier and get back later and you don't get paid for it. Get complaints of not enough staff one week over worked the next no hours and weekends are ridiculously full sometimes starting at 520am just to get calls covered who wants to be woken up then. Shambles
27 June 2018

I am disappointed to read of the experience that you have had whilst working at Dale Care. I would encourage all employees to address issues such as these with their coordinator or refer them to our HR department in order to achieve an amicable resolution. I cannot comment specifically on your situation, however from your review it seems as though you are still working for ourselves so I would hope that we are able to address your concerns sooner rather than later and prevent you from leaving.
Thank you for taking the time to post a review, as all comments, whether positive or negative, can help us to improve.

a good learning curve
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crook, Durham18 June 2018
I felt that working with Dale Care LTD opened me up to new skills and different people and clients. There were also chances to complete CPD through training provided by the company and the clients where wonderful.
Pros
Meeting new clients
27 June 2018

Thank you for your comments. The training we offer is something that as a company we pride ourselves on and we often receive positive comments from both experienced carers, and those new to care work, about this.

Awful
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weardale, Durham16 April 2018
Awful experience of a unorganized company..
If you want to work for next to nothing apply..
Only good thing was the lovely clients.
Sounds great at interview but very disappointed
I can understand why they are always looking for staff..
No travel time between visits got to be in 2 places at the same time...
The only way this can work is by cutting short the care you give to clients which I was not prepared to do...
Dreadful
Pros
Clients
Cons
No time between visits and rude co ordinater..
23 April 2018

We are sorry to hear of your experience with Dale Care. We would like to look into this matter further and would appreciate you contacting us with more details. careers@dalecare.co.uk

Rewarding
Care Assistant/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Crook11 January 2018
Very rewarding but sometimes demanding role. Comprehensive training given and lots of support from Co-ordinators.
I loved the job, but resigned due to the long hours on a weekend.
Pros
Rewarding role
Cons
Long working days on alternate weekends.
11 April 2018

Thank you for your positive comments. Should you wish to return please contact our recruitment department to discuss a different availability. Thank you

Not great at all
Home care assistant (Former Employee) –  County Durham11 January 2018
Worked for this company for 4 months.
Initially I was told I would be working in the place where I live, this never happened.
The company asks you at the begging what hours you are available to work, you tell them, then without consulting you they change your availability to suit them.
I found I was spending a huge amount on petrol and receiving around a quater of it back.
Weekends are terrible. Worked from 6:30 on a morning till 10:30 at night with only two 20 minute breaks.
You do not get time to travel from call to
Call.
My area coordinator was not helpful at all, in fact she was probably one of the main reasons that I left the company. On many occasions I emailed a query and was completely ignored.
Tried several times for several different dates for holidays and all were refused.
The hours of work is unpredictable. Some weeks you are running from call to call and other you might have an hours work per day.
When you are not at work they are still calling you or texting.
If you are not bothered about having a life outside of work then this company is for you.
Pros
Working independently
Cons
Long hours, petrol costs, not enough breaks on a weekend, unpredictable work
11 April 2018

Hi.I would like to look into this further for you can you please email me with more details carol.jackson@dalecare.co.uk

Unfair
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newton Aycliffe, Durham4 January 2018
Worked here but have put on suspension as fault out of my control all clients were all kept and treat perfecty and all other staff are on point had okay time there
rewarding job
Home care assistant (Former Employee) –  Crook, Durham21 November 2017
this is a rewarding job with friendly staff and clients.
this job realy lets you make a difference in someones life. with the chance to be out and about and fit life around what you want
extra hours
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stanley. County Durham11 September 2017
Not impressed with this company worked for them for 3 mths I complained about my hours.
When I started it was explained if I had any problems to just get in touch it ended up where I never saw my husband or family which caused huge problems.
if you don't like not having a life rushing from call to call then this is the job for you.
Awful company. Its all about making money
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crook, Durham6 September 2017
Awful, self centered company where the directors get richer and the care staff struggle to make ends meet. Rude towards staff not understanding with anything outside work or making money. Taking extra calls that put other clients at risk.
Pros
Non
Bad hours
Care worker (Former Employee) –  Crook29 August 2017
Hate working here staff are rude and never get anything done the office is lacking communcation skills and the hours are stupid couldnt afford to run my car with the bad hours care side was lovely.
Pros
Free training and uniform
Cons
Long hours and bad communcations skills in office
5 September 2017

Thank you for your review. I am disappointed to read of the experience you had working for Dale Care as this is not what we would hope for our employees, past,present or future.
I am unable to comment specifically on your situation without further detail, however, it seems as though there was a problem with the hours that you were working. We encourage all of staff to engage with their line manager if they have any issues, no matter what that may be. If employees still feel that issues are not being addressed then there are further channels (HR for instance) which can be gone through to discuss also. We understand the importance of listening to our employees, no matter what the issue, and on this occasion it seems as though we have failed to do so, which has led to someone unfortunately making the decision to leave the company.
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review as, whilst negative, it does provide us with something to consider and take on board in order to prevent other employees experiencing the same situation as yourself.

Very busy enviroment
development officer (Current Employee) –  Crook, Durham27 July 2017
At first I enjoyed working at Dale Care, but it quickly became apparent if you weren't with the'in crowd'you were fighting a losing battle, very clicky people, who never hsd the time or inclination to be supportive.
Pros
good pay
Cons
limited if no training. doing multi job roles
care assistant
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crook, Durham28 June 2017
lots of hours avaible and very flexible on what you work.

staff very friendly and helpful. must be able to work every other weekend, and no holidays aloud over the christmas and new year period
great for family life balance
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Crook, Durham9 June 2017
great for family life balance, great clients, freedom of working on your own cons would be the system doesnt always work so constantly receiving calls to check that you have attended a call paperwork required coming up to pay day doing inputs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Dale Care Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6