Dale Care Ltd

Dale Care Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom62 reviews
Good to work for, just expect a lot in short periods of time. The pay was alright i suppose standard for carers. Staff alright some not but you get that anywhere.
Been with this company 3 months now and absolutely love it the staff are lovely and will always help if there is a problem would definitely recommend
When I started, I was promised flexibility due to my own disability and didn't get any of it. Office staff were horrible to carers and clients, clique-y behaviour from carers in care homes. Was forced to resign by line manager when I said I couldn't cope with lack of walking time, hours were erratic, nothing like promised. Wouldn't recommend unless you want to be miserable.
Great company helped me when i needed a job worked around me i lived getting to know the service users gave me great skills that i still thrive with daily
The management team is dreadful unapproachable and unorganised.
I had no contact with my line manager after my first week to see how I managed or if I had any concerns.

Either too many calls or very few from day to day. I had nothing like the hours promised at interview.

There was no back up from the office and when I called my line manager she was not available and didn’t call back.

My rota was change on a daily basis at the last minute and didn’t account for travelling time between calls.

It is the clients I feel sorry for most complained about having a different Carer day to day and complained about office staff being rude to them.
Pros
Lovely service users
Cons
Inconsistent calls poor support
I would not recommend this company to anyone. This job takes you away from your home life and you are expected to drop everything to go out and cover calls that are normally not in your area. Not enough walking time in between calls or sometimes not enough calls to go round every carer so having to wait up to 6 hours in between calls. Office staff do not know anything about the service users, they have really bad communication skills and treat everyone like a glorified servant. Only enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you have assisted the elderly to live independently.
Staff are not helpful, office staff change rotas and expect you to travel more than you put down as distance in your interview. Patients are not cared for like they should be.
Pros
part time
Cons
rubbish system
Poor management and organisation. Had to spend a couple of hours before my shift rearranging my rota to suit the clients. Rota would constantly change with no prior warning, hours that were stipulated prior to accepting the job, calls were put on me outside of those despite numerous times of telling them. Double up calls second Carer wouldn’t turn up as they’d scheduled them a different time to arrive. Promised a contract but given zero hour. Even other Carers who had been there over three years were still on zero hour contracts! Raised concerns over other Carers or residents but nothing was done despite being promised action would be taken. Poor company.
Coordinator s are so unorganised ,you not allowed a social life ,awful place to work,really feel for the service users ,they never know who is going to turn up and what time
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Dale Care Ltd?
Loved the work itself, had good clients and colleagues. Office staff let down the carers and clients through their lack of support and poor communication skills. This continued to deteriorate through the 8 years I worked there until it became embarrassing at times.
Awful company, no cate for clients or staff. Don’t like you being genuinely ill. Awful. Managemt. Are awful. Other staff are nice but very clicky would not recommend at all
Worked for dale care for 10 years..management especially hr manager he speaks to carers like dirt on his shoe!! Had me in tears he’s that nasty..had a bad few months health wise and never got shown any support was treated like dirt..nice after 10 years service..!!!not the same company anymore..avoid at all costs
The services users are very friendly and I loved working for them it was some of the staff I found it difficult working with some of them were rude, negative and expected me to pick up hours on top of my own which was hard to manage they give you all the hours god sends I only had 2 days off a fortnight and even then they would ring up and ask me to cover. It was stressful and I was dismissed for personal reasons.
Decent business, although i was never given the correct mileage in with my wage. That aside i adored each and every one of my clients and built great bonds and trust with them all
I have worked for dale care for 5 year now having started as a care worker and quickly progressed to auxiliary. I worked in Gateshead for 2 year during which time I gained level 2 and level 3 in health and social care with great support from tutors and management. I even passed my maths yey😁 level 2 which I was not very confident with. When I saw there was an area supervisor post available I handed my cv in with no hesitation as the job description sounded just what I had worked hard for. I was so pleased to be offered the position and it is honestly the best job I have ever had. No 2 days are the same, sometimes quite stressful but always very fulfilling being able to help service users and carers alike with any problems they may have. I hope I have built up a good relationship with service users, work colleagues and carers, who know they can contact me anytime they need any support. There is always room for progression within this company and the pay is canny too😆
I hated it. From the moment I started my first day of training, I knew I wasn’t going to like it. Probably due to the fact that they gave me an ATTACK alarm and a torch in a welcome package, which only makes me wonder what on earth has gone on beforehand for them to start giving these out to new staff?! I only had 2 shadow shifts and was then expected to go out all on my own - I had to ask for an extra shadow shift (which they were very snotty about!!). I hadn’t even had my Moving & Handling training by this point, and I was still expected to use the hoists etc which is illegal. I’ve worked in the care sector previously, going door-to-door, but Dale Care is an absolute joke. I was being made to go from one end of the town, all the way to the other. Which is a nightmare because I don’t drive and I had just moved from a small village in the highlands of Scotland, down to England, so I was unfamiliar with the area! They still send me payslips, although I’m unsure why because I’ve already informed them that I’ve resigned? I only had 15-30 mins in one persons house and then had to move on to the next person which is usually a massive treck away. That’s just ridiculous and not enough time at all?
2 afternoons shadowing I was out on my own. Wasn't given a phone. Wasn't contacted to see if I was ready. Too many gaps between calls or not enough time toget to the next call. By the time your supposed to finish you are hours behind. On average did 10-12 hours but got paid for 7-8 hours. Only got paid for time in calls. Also got 3 extra calls added into my rota within 15 minutes of the extra calls. They now refuse to give me my p45 which is actually illegal. They still send payslips with nothing on to reduce the amount of people who leave the company.
Pros
Good rate of pay. But doesn't make up for the cons
Cons
Once induction is complete you are on your own
Working for Dale Care after I left school was great. Plenty hours to go around, great support network with the on call and excellent rates of pay. Felt valued and well looked after.
Worked at Dale Care for over a year now, fantastic place to work, salary is good better than most companies fixed rate
co-ordinator and registered manager very supportive always on the other end of the phone when ever you need to speak to them. Hours are 7-3pm or 3-11pm.

Best place i have ever worked for, meeting new people and having your own set runs, basically if you do the job right, be professional and careful when dealing with medication its like being your own boss, no one breathing down your neck or constantly on at you, training is great covers everything gets you ready for the job.

I would recommend this job to anyone who wants to work in care you wont look back!
Pros
Anytime you can pick the phone up and call the office if you have any problems, having that support and reassurance gives you more confidence.
Cons
Dont really see many other care staff
I worked for Dalecare for over a year. I left due to personel circumstances and childcare problems. My coordinator was very supportive and gradually reduced ny hours. Loved my job and clients was sory to leave.
Pros
clients support
Cons
hours can be difficult re chaildcare
This company is the worst company I have ever worked for. The job itself is lovely, the office treat and speak to you worse than DIRT. If you want to be treated like dirt, join Dale care. The clients are taken advantage of, they often ask you to do double up calls on your own, safeguarding and health and safety for clients and staff is often compromised Massively. Either overworked with no break or hardly any work at all. You can be out all day driving all over the place for miles and only be paid for a few hours work.
Pros
The clients
Cons
Office staff, treatment, most of it
Official response from Dale Care Ltd
18 June 2019
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry to read that your time with us was not what we would expect an employee at Dale to experience. Caring is a very rewarding role and working with the clients is the reason why people choose this a career; the last thing that we would want as a company is for people to have a negative experience of such a rewarding role.

We do have a many number of carers working for us who are very happy in the role and as a company we would always encourage staff to contact a relevant member of staff to discuss any concerns that they have; our door is always open. However, we are also continually looking at ways in which we can improve and your comments are important to us as it provides us feedback on what we need to concentrate on. As part of this process I would be keen to discuss your experience with us in greater detail. Please call our HR department on 01388 768271 or email hr@dalecare.co.uk