Daily Poppins Employee Reviews

Good Company to work for.
Cleaner/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Cirencester, Gloucestershire15 July 2019
Usually 37.5 hrs/week, managament seems to quite easy going and can compromise on qute few things. As always going home is best part :)
Don’t bother with the Kent branch
Cleaner supervisor (Former Employee) –  Swanley11 April 2019
Don’t bother with the North West Kent branch.
The teams are useless & the manager just hires anybody. Regardless of experience in supervising
On the advert it doesn’t say how much driving experience is required just a full driving license. No driving assessment was given at all to determine the level of experience.
The manager of the Kent branch is also discriminating and the attitude can change just like that. Also expects you to know everything within 6 days and do everything perfectly and there is t much training given by management
Very poor.
Pros
Paid between jobs
Cons
Poor management attitude
cleaner
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire6 December 2018
Working at daily poppins meant starting at 7am and coming back 7pm but only got paid 6 hours per day. Travel time was not paid. All day away from home
Pros
you meet different people
Cons
all day away from home and not paid well at all
Flexible and fun...
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Dundee, Dundee City15 November 2018
I've worked in the Dundee Daily Poppins for 8 months and really like the fact that we get to go out and have responsibility for our own time management. Sometimes getting breaks in is tricky but and we sometimes end up with lots of little breaks rather than one long one.

Boss has appointed a manager which has made a big difference and things are much more organised than when I started. Pay is higher than some other cleaning jobs and there is potential to advance if we do our job well.

I love getting to know some of the customers, hardest bit is when they die or get sick... :-(
Pros
Freedom! Not stressful, don't have to think too hard...
Cons
sometimes unpredictable days if customers cancel etc...
work
Cleaner (part-time) (Current Employee) –  St Helens10 October 2018
I work in teams of 2 or 3, we work around st helens area. I ususally work between 8.30 -3pm so I can do school hours. We clean private and commercial properties
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Dartford, Kent24 April 2018
Well managed keen eye for detail. Amazing staff polite and friendly very helpful and open. Excellent work ethic and effort made to create a perfect clean for a house.
Pros
Hours flexible
Cons
No breaks
Really good boss and chance to get bonus
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Dundee22 January 2018
The job is basic but fun as we always work in pairs. Team Leader gets paid a bit more and we can earn a bonus if we get good feedback from customers or refer new customers.
Owner is helpful with my personal circumstances and always tries to be flexible. Sometimes driving time is not quite enough but averages out in the end.
Pros
Friendly team, free uniform, easy job!
Cons
Sometimes long days, average pay
Don't waste your time
Cleaner/Driver (Former Employee) –  London1 September 2017
Poor company. Too much work taken on, for example they will say you have two hours per job when actually it's 1 hour with two people & even then you have to rush and most of the time you're only in someone's property for 45 minutes. (Please bear in mind most of the time these are not small properties). How are you expected to clean a kitchen, two or more bathrooms, cloakroom, hoover, dust & mop the house & tidy in 1 hour with two people? Absolutely laughable. Impossible to do a proper clean & because you're so under pressure you'll struggle to do any extras the customer has requested (bed changing etc), which makes you look lazy and unprofessional. They're more concerned with you making the place look shiny and new rather than any real cleaning. On top of this you have to squeeze in filling out the paperwork to say what you've done and deal with payment. Driving between jobs is rarely accounted for which adds to the rush. 7 jobs in one day, ridiculous. You'll start at around 7:30am & you'll be very lucky to finish before 5. Absolutely no real breaks, just 10 minutes having a quick snack in the car. High turnover of staff which means you'll rarely be given the same jobs and customers will complain when new people come and do a poor job and you'll have to work twice as hard to fix their poor work. Staff stressed and annoyed with having to train as so many people come and go which means they have a terrible attitude. You'll be given a huge amount of work plus driving so you'll be absolutely exhausted. New trainees thrown straight in the deep end and no proper training given, expected  more... to pick it all up and do full days of work straight away. If you're looking for a cleaning role try anywhere else where you're actually given an appropriate amount of time for jobs and a manageable workload. If you take pride in your work and want to actually do a good job and know the value of a lunch break do not work for this company. And if you're a potential customer and want a proper clean of your home and a consistent level of cleaning be aware as you may not get this. And please take into consideration if you're told you're going to get a 3 hour clean this is actually (barely) an hour and a half split between two people! Mind boggles as to why so much work is taken on and given to overworked staff, absolutely not fair. Seems it's all about profit. Need to fix these issues and maybe there wouldn't be such a high turnover of staff (leaving existing staff stressed) & so many complaints from customers. Such a shame because cleaning can be so rewarding and this company has a lot of potential.  less
Pros
Company car if you drive, petrol paid, no weekends, cleaning supplies & uniform given. Keeps you physically fit.
Cons
Too many jobs in a day, poor management, pay doesn't reflect hours, high turnover of staff, no real breaks, mostly everything about this company.
out and about which was great
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands9 August 2017
i had a good team to work with which made our days more fun and enjoyable, days are flexible which was great has I had to work round my children. the only down fall was not getting paid while you travel you only get paid for the jobs
Pros
work around children
Cons
you could be out all day and only get paid for the jobs you have done not the driving
Fun and Pleasant place to work
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Sevenoaks, Kent17 May 2017
Great management and staff. Helpful and clear with instructions. Great working environment everyone is friendly and jobs are done to a professional standard.
Hard work, long hours, no breaks, pay short
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Lichfield9 July 2016
I worked long hours but my pay didn't show this as we didn't get payed for the full amount of travel done, no breaks even when working nine hours solid,wrong address,s and wrong keys for houses given on a regular basis,the owners of the business are moody and petty, no rota given so I didn't know what hours I'd be working, no training given, very high turn over of staff which says it all really.
Pros
Monday to friday
Cons
Everthing about this business
part time job
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Eastleigh24 June 2016
i worked at daily poppins and the team wasn't friendly enough and we was under paid. The hardest part of the job we used to do long our cleaning big mansions but we was paid way less money
hard work no breaks
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Lichfield13 May 2016
The time for each booking was mostly underestimated so we would struggle to fit in all the tasks that the customer wanted, also there were no real breaks when I questioned this I was told I could have 5 minutes if I wanted to eat something quickly. We would start at just after 9am and usually get back to our base at around 5pm. We were supposed to be paid travel time but for the two weeks that I was paid for my money seemed really low and my pay advise did not itemise what I had been paid for. I never had a contract and left after three weeks, I was not paid for my final week, says it all really!
Pros
no weekend or evening work
Cons
no breaks, on the go all day
bad
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  peteborough8 March 2016
it was difficult to get started with the new job as the boss was rather rude, we were not giving sufficient breaks as we were driving all the time and any breaks we were giving were forced to spend in the car,
Pros
paid for travel inbetween jobs
Cons
only working for a few hours everyday
Cleanig operative
Cleaning operative (Former Employee) –  manchester20 July 2015
It was a Fun hardworkng enviorment i would get to work and start working straight away keeping everything to high standards working at a fast pace. I was on time keeping everything organised and also communicating with the customers being friendly and polite,the hardest part of the job was being put under high stress and pressure while having to keep calm and patient i enjoyed communicating with customers and improving my work i learnt to handle money and how to deal with customers in tricky situations while keeping my work to a high standard i learnt to work carefully and safely in all situations while keeping my work at a fast pace always finishing what needed to be done on time with no problems.
Pros
monthly bonuses
Cons
supplying own uniform
Excellent
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Watford11 April 2015
I have learned a lot about cleaning at higher levels here, on a typical day we would clean 6 or 7 homes in one day as a tem of 2 or 3 staff. The work is quite challenging but the hours are great, start around 8AM every day and finish 4.30pm sometimes early finish as well. The hardest part is its physically demanding but keeps you fit! The most enjoyable part is working with my colleagues and getting good feedback from clients.
Pros
great co workers, work life balance, salary
Cons
not much career progression
Typical day at work
Driver Cleaner / Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Bishops Stortford, ENG4 February 2014
Responsible for the daily schedule, driving the team to each client to clean their properties, Liasing with the clients on a daily basis on what needs to be cleaned and where, responsible for collecting payments and filling in the advice notes in each property, spot checking each clean before leaving as a team leader to make sure the team are keeping to the correct standards of cleaning, Ensuring the correct cleaning code is used at all times for each room with the cloth codes so no contamination can occur.