DAC Beachcroft LLP Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Real Estate Administrator (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire24 July 2018
Lovely company to work for. Worked as part of the Real Estate team in Leeds and loved every minute of it. There is a real team spirit to all departments and all colleagues have a high amount of respect for each other.
Collaborative work environment
Procurement Specialist Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, United Kingdom3 July 2018
DAC Beachcroft is a great company to work for, however I believe the compensation received is below average for the same role in different firms, they are not as competitive as other firms, but a great community and people to work for, who care about their teams and work.
A dreadful place to work
Solicitor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands18 May 2018
Working here was a soul destroying experience which left me with stress so severe it made me ill.
My manager had a poor grasp of the law and was a bully.
A very snobby atmosphere.
In my next job I was offered counceling to recover form the stress and anxiety working at DAC had caused me.

If you want to practice good quality law with a moral grounding this is not the place to go.
Pros
They throw a good party
Cons
everything else
Soul destroying
Data Administrator (Former Employee) –  Newport, Newport12 February 2018
Firstly there is NO parking so you have to park about half a mile from the actual place of work AND pay £50 per year for the privalige.

The training is non-existent. The work is utterly boring and the company like to pry in to every single aspect of your life whilst working rather than gathering the information before they offered you the job.

The money is rubbish, and it really is just utterly utterly soul destroying.

To top it off you very often get caught in the most abysmal traffic on the way home too.

I just had to walk away. Utterly terrible.
Pros
Lunchtime and home time
Cons
The entire job.
Ok firm
London Market Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  London19 January 2018
Varied role. The firm is going through changes as there was a merger a few years ago between 2 law firm. The head office is in Bristol which has a bit of an effect on the london office
Nice offices opportunity to grow
Claims Handler (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol15 November 2017
Work is fairly interesting opportunities to progress and work across different departments and offices. Good work life balance and fairly big workforce with experienced staff.
Pros
Inter
Cons
Low paystimg work
H88l on earth
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Newport, Newport2 August 2017
Unless you're working as a member of the legal team, they treat you like rubbish. Admin work is not respected at all. Legal team are treated to meals out, free drinks etc etc admin team are treated like they are the dirt on the shoe of the legals.
Enjoyable
Real Estate Paralegal Temp (Current Employee) –  London, UK17 May 2017
The firm is an enjoyable place to work as I enter the London legal market to broaden my legal experience.

I typically assist the solicitors with any help they require.
Good, flexible work
Claims Investigator (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire3 May 2017
Excellent, flexible working with good employee benefit scheme. I am a home worker, but travel throughout the UK with a company car. Good administration support.
Bad reputation
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands8 December 2016
Having worked at DAC Beachcroft for a number of years, I would advise those seeking employment at this firm to carefully consider alternative options. For those new entrants into the legal profession it is certainly a step onto the ladder. The firm is managed like a sausage factory, the firm isn't too interested in investing in their staff members as very few paralegals remain at the firm for longer than 12 months. The salary they offer is way below market rate and they expect their pounds worth of flesh out of you. The core aim of this firm is to make them money and working here doesn't make you feel as a lawyer!
Pros
Entry level legal role
Cons
Micro management, salary, personal development
Admin - don't touch this place with a bargepole!
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bristol City Centre25 October 2016
Quite honestly the worst job I have ever had. Poor salary, snobby atmosphere, no training aside from being shown by a secretary who herself didn't really know what she was doing. Fee earners think they can walk all over the secretaries and shout at them when they don't get their way. I would see someone in tears in the bathroom at least once a fortnight. Offices are well equipped and have fancy machines but this did not in any way compensate for the horrible atmosphere. Made complaints about the above to HR and did not even receive a response so got out of there as soon as I possibly could. If you're considering working here - beware!
Cons
Absolutely everything
Useful learning experience.
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Bristol4 September 2016
I rotated through various sectors during work experience at a law firm, DAC Beachcroft. In the corporate and commercial sector I searched for copy right infringements for major clients and then drafted letters to the offenders. Also, during a group presentation, given to senior firm members, about global expansion of the firm I extended my public speaking skills.
A very busy office
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Leeds6 April 2016
A very busy working day. I learned case managements systems and digital dictation on bighand at this firm. Very large firm with friendly staff.
Great place, Great People
Business Services (Current Employee) –  Bristol15 February 2016
I have visited numerous offices and the stand out thing that remains consistent is the friendly staff you meet.

Regularly I hear of internal promotions (and have indeed been fortunate enough to progress within the firm myself).

A good work life balance and a very flexible approach to employees personal circumstances is also something that the firm pride itself on.

A decent benefits package as well as active social committees also contribute to a great place to work.
Pros
The People
Cons
none at this time
Worst place to work in my opinion
admin (Former Employee) –  Birmingham9 January 2016
I hated working here, very snobby culture at DAC Beachcroft. I was offered a permanent role but they only kept me for a few months, i was not trained properly the lady who trained me was an administrator at the firm for over 20 years and trained me for just 3 days and went on annual leave and i was left on my own, when i did seek assistance i was told that the admin that trained me trained me the old system way of doing tasks. I did not have any engagement with managers querying how i am coping with the role as they were too busy with their own work.
Managers were useless, collegues unfriendly, was the worst place i ever worked and has put me off working for a solicitors firm again.
Pros
Cons
the whole job was a con
worst place to work
administrator (Former Employee) –  birmingham29 August 2015
The worst place i have ever worked never renew anyones contract and only keep people for 6months and lie at the interview that they will keep them after and extend contract which is a lie. They make up things like you are not showing enough initiative or make up lies about just as an excuse in order to not renew your contract. They say they are a large global company but shame they donf treat their employees well.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything about ghis company is fake
Very friendly and well equipped
Graphic/Web Designer (Current Employee) –  London, ENG27 August 2015
Really enjoy working here, great work colleagues make the atmosphere very conducive, and the role is very varied which keeps me interested.
Pros
Close to very nice restaurants, which makes lunchtime a lot of fun
Cons
None so far
coomunity group
claims handler (Current Employee) –  leeds27 May 2015
typical day can be initia review reviewing quatum and drafting denial and scrutinising audiograms

hardest part of the job maintaining 380 file
enjoyable part that the role varies and friendly people
Good Company
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow13 March 2015
The company is good overall however has some management issues and not a good support structure.

A typical day would be managing my team of 5 staff and ensuring that the mailroom/reception function runs smoothly.

The staff that work for me are easily to get along with and are good to manage. Some of the staff onsite are difficult to work with and solicitors are notorius for being difficult.
Secretary DAC Beachcroft LLP
Secretarial Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Manchester15 September 2014
A good firm, decent salary and good office atmosphere. Lovely offices in the City Centre of Manchester

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DAC Beachcroft LLP. Our community is ready to answer.