DHL Employee Reviews

Found 1,914 reviews matching the search See all 12,572 reviews
Good place to work, develop yourself
Linehaul Manager (Current Employee) –  London Colney, Hertfordshire11 September 2018
Managed to step up to managerial role from entry job in 5 years. Good teamwork and friendly atmosphere. Proximity of shops/pubs and other facilities. 2 different work shifts.
Pros
lack of canteen
Cons
small place
Average
C2 core driver (Current Employee) –  Rugby, Warwickshire11 October 2018
The work is very hard even with the special designed fleet to complete the deliverys, however 40% of the fleet is not fit for purpose and makes your working day longer and even more difficult.
Pros
Free chicken..
Cons
Refer to review
Fast moving and dynamic
UK Service Co-Ordinator (Former Employee) –  London2 October 2018
Provided a lot of opportunity to experience various roles and learn new skills. Opportunity to advance for anyone who wanted to develop their career including opportunities to move overseas.
Great workmates and staff
Driver courier (Former Employee) –  Sheffield16 July 2018
Enjoyed working for dhl but at 70 years of age my wife thought I should be slowing down a bit. You have a set route every day. They will listen to you if you have a problem at work
Pros
Plenty of socialising organised by dhl
Cons
The hours can be a bind if you're on a late shift pattern
A great place to work .
Desk clerk (Current Employee) –  Swindon4 June 2018
Being a distraction centre ,we start by tipping followed by receiving then binning on right slot .Then we do pick as per the stores order .Then once picked it goes to the despatch area where sortation is done and send to the right store .
Pros
A great chance to work if you seek for a growth in your leadership skill
Cons
Sometimes need to work 10 days continuous.
good team work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Maidstone14 November 2018
Could be better, a lot more work from the management team to sort out for it to be a good place of work.But good place to work easy money and they use to do a 12 hour shift which is not taken away back to 8.
lots of productivity
Finance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Swindon24 October 2018
worked under warehouse operator & applied for finance assistant, I'm educating with payroll & accounting, lots of stress & pressure , Motivating & progressing myself in all type of financial work.
it was an alright place to work.
Warehouse Operative/Packer (Former Employee) –  Coleshill, Warwickshire3 July 2018
The work place was good place to work. The managment people are really good they make sure you have got enough work for you todo during your shift. They make sure there is enough work so you are not standing around doing nothing on your shift.
Pros
gym on site
Busy Busy Busy
Courier (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire13 June 2018
A very fast paced job.
Get in to the warehouse and unload the lorry as it comes in, Then lay out your parcels in the route that is best to take. Safely stack it in your van and head out making your deliveries and collections along your route, trying to stick to your scheduled pick up times.
Pros
fast paced job, friendly customers
Cons
Non stop work
Yes, lovely place to work.
FLT Driver, Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Trent17 July 2018
I have enjoyed working there. all staffs very helpfull. Every process has taken care of very nicely. Health and safety was good. They do have a good training matrics , follow up good.
Pros
Discount on certain products
Cons
No everything is open and shut.

Want to know more about DHL?

Ask a question
Very high targets set. Reasonable salary, but they take their pound of flesh for it.
Warehouse Picker and Packer (Former Employee) –  Swindon9 May 2018
A very physical job and a harsh working environment. This is because you can be working in a freezer. The bar is set very high with the targets and some can't physically cope with it. The management has a lot of jobs worth type and at times could be very demeaning in their manner.
Pros
Reasonable salary
Cons
Very physical and a harsh working environment
Nice job
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Coleshill, Warwickshire27 October 2018
Easy job to do for everyone, no heavy things to move or lift, I learned to be a organise person and I maked a lot of friends from different countries.
Pros
Very nice cantine with fresh food.
Cons
Not a stabile shift
They pay you for what you do. Fairly good employer.
warehouse worker in the shipping department (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, Greater London18 July 2018
They pay you for any extra as overtime, antisocial hours - night shift. They pay always on time. You can take break when you need and eat or just chill for a bit.
Pros
Secure job
Cons
Boring physical work
Good Pay, Toxic Workplace
Warehouse Operative/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands12 June 2018
The job was very mixed for me I worked as a temp for DHL and the pay and holidays were excellent however the job itself was easy but it had points where it was difficult which I welcomed however the way management treated you or what they expected of individuals because of the pay was completely unfair and toxic and towards the end I hated it but the pay had you stuck there.

The culture was cloak and dagger everybody was out to get each other and there was constant backstabbing and the agency's were a joke, they had individuals there for 3 years plus when originally we was only supposed to be temp for 6 months and I was agency for 2 years and then they got rid of me due to lowered production which was lie because 1 week later after they got rid of many long timers they employed loads of new staff to avoid giving out contracts.
Pros
Good pay, Short shifts
Cons
Toxic, Management, Workplace Culture
nice people good times at dhl
wearhouse operative (Former Employee) –  Sherburn in Elmet8 August 2018
I enjoyed all staff working there and I learned ,any of things like to pick and pack and working in cosmetics also the management was nice people too the hardest part of the job was getting Home late every day
Big expirence
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wellingborough, Northamptonshire12 July 2018
Dhl allowed me to give huge expansion. It was my first work in england and I started from the basics. During 4 years of work, I was being a position of team leader and manager. We were helped to work under the pressure of time and in stress situations.
Pros
Cscs courses
fun workplace
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands25 April 2018
A typical day at work was quite fun, everyone got along and would have jokes with each other as well as getting work done. i loved working here as it was always fun. i learnt a lot more on how to work in teams with people, which did learn me a lot. management were very nice and would also ask the staff how everything was going, and were very kind and understanding and got along with everyone. the hardest part of the job was probably wearing the steel toe boots as they were very heavy and used to make my feet ache, because of being on my feet all the time while working.
Pros
free drinks in the staff room
Supportive Employer
First Line Manager (Former Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire6 October 2018
During my employment, this employer was very supporting in staff development and gave staff the freedom to to try new initiatives and projects to add value to the business.
Worser than jail
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Berkshire16 October 2018
Once place to be employed, I cannot believe the procedure that they have in place. It’s fine to start and earn pocket money but company itself is horrible.
Pros
Cons
No progression
Overall a good place of work
Aircraft loader (Former Employee) –  Derby23 August 2018
Enjoyable job depending on which department you work in, only down side was working nights, although that may suit others.
a big company who treat their staff well.
Pros
good rate of pay
Cons
unsocial hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.

54.3K