DHL Employee Reviews

Found 1,915 reviews matching the search See all 12,581 reviews
great place to work,good staff ,good holidays ,overall friendly and fun to work there .
HGV Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  London Colney, Hertfordshire26 September 2018
fantastic place to work,good management.sad to leave ,it was with sad regret the place had to close down thourougly enjoyed my time there ,the management and staff were wonderful and a joy to work with
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Papworth Everard25 September 2018
Very good company, but staff gets treated unfairly at times.its to much work for a small warehouse and less pay.the company could do better in mine and others opinion.poor management,outdated equipment and unhealthy environment
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Long working hours
demanding and challeging
First Line Manager (Current Employee) –  London24 September 2018
make sure all staff are present and punctual complete a shift brief and then deal with all issues in a fast paced warehouse environment.
A very diverse workforce, the toughest part of the job is being able to juggle a large number of critical tasks in a very short period of time. the most enjoyable part of the role is no two days are the same everyday comes with new challenges !
Pros
company benefits
Cons
the responsibility of 150 staff members along side the workload
Average Working enviroment
Operations Administrator (Former Employee) –  Berkshire24 September 2018
Busy and challenging warehouse.
learned to work at fast pace and was able to prioritise my duties.
not many opportunity to make any progress. Any the line managers doesn't appreciate you hard efforts.
Always will try and keep you on temporary roles.
The near and dear ones make faster progress
Pros
Will learn to work in time frames
Cons
No growth opportununities
Fun workplace
Catering staff (Former Employee) –  London24 September 2018
Worked for DHL for 3 months. Nice place to work. It's hard working job. Management and staff was very good and appreciated my work. But I was looking for better opportunities
It's not the same DHL culture as in Germany.
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Rugeley21 September 2018
You can be promised various things in the working place, as getting a forklift licence or conversion, if you have been driving a different forklift, but the conversion can take up to 5 seconds, and I quote: Here are the keys, there is the truck. Enjoy!
The hazards are not seriously being taken into consideration, making their warehouse an unsafe place to be. If you came across a pallet containing compressed gas shells, not being marked on the box as dangerous, hazard, handle with care or something similar, and see it smashed, and after you tell your managers about it, it can take days till they are coming with an excuse, and the hazardous pallet will still be there, smashed like it was in the 1st place by a careless bendi-truck driver for weeks.
Market Leader
Service Centre Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 September 2018
Market leader. Work hard play hard. Mad about service. Sometimes they over complicate things. People friendly. Good benefits. Run by German Post Office.
Busy workplace with average management.
INVENTORY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Birmingham18 September 2018
typical day would be; clocking into work, performing handover duties with previous shift, assessing and evaluating inventory around the warehouse to see if everything is okay etc, Creating reports concerning parts that went missing or had been stolen, damaged.
Pros
salary and extra bonuses
Cons
unfeasible shift patterns
Warehouse environment
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire17 September 2018
Tasks was date to day picking, packing, clerical jobs to do. Meat different people from all back grounds. It was fun but hard as well as it was physical job.
Picker/Packer/Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Grays Thurrock, Essex16 September 2018
This was my first job when i was in England. I was hired by an agency. Everybody was so nice and helpful! The payments were always on time! There hardest part was picking up 17 kg boxes, but there was always someone who could help. :)
Great benefits
HR Resolution Manager (Current Employee) –  Remote15 September 2018
Flexible working; great support; brilliant benefits, huge HR network to link into - massive amount of employees with knowledge to draw from; string brabd identity.
I am a good team leader and fit in anywhere
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands14 September 2018
I have previous experience and enjoy working with others. I am also at college but willing to work. I have 7 GCSEs and I’m currently studying at Walsall college completing my last year of law. Once I am done I would like to work full time.
Tedious
Digital Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire11 September 2018
Was doing the same work for 18 months no progression or variety. Managers we're never in (remote working) and as a result could go days without any work.
Good place to work, develop yourself
Linehaul Manager (Current Employee) –  London Colney, Hertfordshire11 September 2018
Managed to step up to managerial role from entry job in 5 years. Good teamwork and friendly atmosphere. Proximity of shops/pubs and other facilities. 2 different work shifts.
Pros
lack of canteen
Cons
small place
Days Work
Flight co-ord (Former Employee) –  Heathrow Terminals 1, 2 & 3 Station7 September 2018
Busy with checking flights at base before heading to airport to hand flights over to crew. Then moving onto next flight and then do the same with that crew.
Pros
Free lunches
Relaxed and friendly workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire7 September 2018
It's not really good workplace in terms of management and benefits (or lack of), but it's a good work environment for someone that want to work in a relaxed environment.
Great job to mix with new people
Driver (Former Employee) –  Ebbw Vale3 September 2018
I enjoyed my time with DHL i was working with the firm for 20 years fancied a change. I do miss the company and the people i worked with. i made a lot of friends and people within the bars we delivered to. some days i could be home quite early as the job is job and finish so thats a positive to many.
Pros
job and finish
Cons
work bank holidays
Not the best.
PACKER (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside1 September 2018
Very monotonous and fast paced. language barrier within the workplace, inc. upper management. Most positions are agency and there's no job security ans you don't know if you have a days work until the day before.
Opportunities
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  East Midlands31 August 2018
A gird company to work for, competitive salary and a lot of additional extras for employees e.g family days out discounts , bonus and attractive pension scheme
Distributor Assistant
Distributor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Radlett, Hertfordshire28 August 2018
Working in DHL I learnt the good quality of packing and Picking and the rules of supply chain,logistic .....
the salary was decent and I have been working with different people from the different countries which made me the sociable person.
Pros
good salary rate
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.

54.3K