DHL Employee Reviews

Fast working environment
Counter Balance FLT driver (Current Employee) –  Halewood24 April 2018
I've been on an agency contract for 4 years now and I'm not confident I'm getting a full time DHL contract.
There's about 10 other drivers like me who where confident of securing a full time contract when we started but like me see no future in this position.
Pros
Salary is good
Cons
No job security
picking - packing
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Barming, Kent23 April 2018
Friendly environment, picking clothes with paper order, easy to work.
Unfortunately, it works only through an agency. Dhl does not offer direct contracts. Season works for 4 months (summer-winter)
Nice place to work
Trade Compliance Agent - Temp (Former Employee) –  Slough, Berkshire22 April 2018
Dealing with customers calls and updating the multi list every now and again
How to operate with a system called gema and closing files that needs to be closing as well as opening files
One particular manager was always given advice and helping out when things was out of my control e.g. complaining customers
Very friendly environment to work in especially helping out when someone got stuck with something
Opening and closing is probably the hardest thing
Talking to customers
Pros
Nice place to work Friendly Staff
Cons
Travel Temp based only Expensive food
Day to Day work
Senior Production Engineer (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire20 April 2018
Delivering complete solutions for customers by constructing and upgrading
of computerised equipment, installation and configuration of operating
systems (Win95/98/NT, Dos) as well as bespoke software as per the
customer requirements.
Supporting & maintaining quality system.
Leading the production team to meet customer deadlines, achieve targets,
delegate tasks and provide training and support.
Productive but not a fun place to work
B35 7RA - Process Leader (Former Employee) –  Jaguar castle Bromwich19 April 2018
My review is based on the DHL site I worked for but I have heard from friends and family who work for DHL at other sites that it's different there.

The site was very productive but was not a fun place to work, it was none stop slavery from the moment my shift started until the end. Worked almost eight months solid without a weekend off because I felt pressured into doing so and never got a thank you once, although the wage was good you still need to be shown a little appreciation. Was there for ten year's and did nothing but support the company only for them to let me down when I needed help, but like I said it may have just been the site I worked at and other places may be better.
Pros
Discounts at major stores and theme parks.
Cons
Management are like Hitler.
productive and fun
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  kingston park18 April 2018
i really injoyed working for this company the managers are great and the typical work day for me was 8 hour shift so id work 4 hours picking or packing what ever i was asked to do then id go for a 30 minute break then go back up to the ware house and finish off my job for 3 and a half hours . hardest part of job sometimes was the high targets and sometimes having a bad day and not being able to reach them
Pros
great people
Cons
not enough time to get to canteen for break
good company to work for, nice and helpful staff.
muti-skilled, working on the computers. (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire18 April 2018
I was trained in all aspects of the job, I worked in picking and confirming on the computers. I got my NVQ level 2 in warehouse and I did work in the computer room inputing item codes. I would work for DHL again, if give the chance.
Pros
Nvq
VNA truck driver
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Normanton17 April 2018
VNA driving, picking the items, collection the items and dispatching.
Learned safe driving, able to work in warehouse
Learned a good teamwork
The hardest part of the job- safe driving while it s busy
Get job done without mistakes and as teamwork
Pros
Good work team
night shift
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Liverpool17 April 2018
night shift working
learnt a lot about working on a production line
working with a team , communication ,unloading and packing working to a deadline, being efficient i did enjoy my role i was committed and eager .
OPERATIONS SHIPPING- COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Chertsey15 April 2018
role completely different as expected. Good team and nice managers but need more people to face the current workload. Far location from my place, need to drive
Pros
good reputation
Cons
exahusted and monotonous work
Transport / Logistics / Supply Chain
Transport Planner (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire15 April 2018
Very fast paced environment and always working to tight deadlines, massive workload with limited support. Learned how to manage a senior team of managers and hold them accountable for preventable issues.
Pros
Cheap Food
Cons
Production food place to work
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside13 April 2018
Pick and pack cosmetics and food on product name Loreal, Frozen cookies melis , cleaning production area ,alsoe corydor tablets and sits floor on the production area.
Pros
Sandwishes to bay
Cons
Long haurs
fun workplace
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Gatwick Airport Station, West Sussex11 April 2018
This was a fun and enjoyable place to work and the middle management were very good. Unfortunately management above this seem ruthless on employing full time staff.
Productive and fun work place
Assistant Project Coordinator (Express shipments) (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen11 April 2018
Very busy environment and a good team sense of help each other and solve the issues.

I have learned and developed
• Manage and filter project shipments designated for express despatch
• Process receipt of all PO’s for express transport and for immediate despatch
• Create and issue collection instructions for all express consignments
(Average of 25 per day)
• Forward instructions to the central overseas control center for the issue of waybills
• Receive waybills and details and forward to suppliers with collection instructions
• Track daily all shipments for collections
• The input of data into the DHL MMS tracking system, scanning, and uploading of shipping documentation
• Resolve any queries between DHL operations or suppliers and follow up by e-mail to all parties.

Very friendly, committed work colleagues.
The demand and pressure of the suppliers were high but always manageable.

The most of enjoyable part of the job was get in the office and know apart of the workload and my responsibilities I was going to have a busy environment, under pressure but a good day with the team I worked with.
the company are very help to the employer
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk10 April 2018
i would be grate full if they would HGV class 1 and give a job for a set period for the training cost they have funded for the HGV class 1 training. my job roll was to depached good be for the left the depot
Good place of work
Inventory Operative/ Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wellesbourne Hastings9 April 2018
They gave me a contract after working for the agency for a while which shows they give opportunities to hard working staff.
Management could be better, need more structure, and people skills.
School for your life
Customer Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 April 2018
DHL was the door for my logistics experience. Its a school for life.
You are challenged every day and they really care about their customer. Its a company that you can trust.
good money ,
Piker (Current Employee) –  Daventry, Northamptonshire7 April 2018
is a good place for make good money in a short time , they give full training payed and more benefit
the agencies is nicely and helpfull whit all people
Pros
canteen
not bad places to work
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Thurrock6 April 2018
not bad place to work but salary is low , random shift, medium hard work, polite workplace culture, good level day of holidays, free parking, friendly staff .
Good Company
Transport Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Belfast5 April 2018
Worked for Exel Logistics and DHL in numerous location, enjoyed all the appointments I held and would return if the right position arose.

Good company for advancement.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Nil

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.

53.9K