DHL Employee Reviews

busy days all the time
Reach truck driver in Great Bear (Former Employee) –  Desborough, Northamptonshire16 August 2018
good solary a lot of overtime. You will get full time after 12 weeks . Very clean warehoyse . they use ppt and llop . you will be picking if you are reach driver
Poor if your agency.
Fixed Term Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  UK15 August 2018
Thrown in at the deep end despite being told I'd recieve training. There's a huge boys culture in there.
No benefits - long hours - lots of hassle. VERYYY LONG HOURS
Glorified pickers as managers
Counter Balance Driver (Former Employee) –  Worksop11 August 2018
Didn't enjoy this job at all. management was terrible. Basically told people if they want to leave then walk away because they will fill your place with a foreigner tomorrow.
Great team of people
Transport Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London9 August 2018
I have learnt everything i know about the transport. I met amazing people, my boss was great. he thought me all he knew. I am going to miss my drivers.
People are not good for DHL
First Line Manager (Current Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire9 August 2018
I am sure that in the corporation of this scale you could find a good example of supply chain specialists. However I have had an unpleasant experience. First of all lack of investments in people. While people are the strength of the company, here people are unwanted by-product of supply chain. Company always want to earn money however they are rejecting all the ideas of savings that could benefit in the bigger picture. No one is receiving sufficient level of training. People are being dropped in the middle of the projects and by mistakes slowly they are learning or are being swallowed by this Moloch.
Pros
Stable employment, regular payments
Cons
No development plans, no investing in people, no better benefits than found in newspaper, no good practice, no allowance to find a new way and many more
good atmosphere, good place to work
Telecommunication dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Normanton8 August 2018
great place to work, enjoyable, good atmosphere, good team of people. Chances to advance and good management. good work life balance as there was no weekend shift unless overtime. overall good place to work. Worst thing is there was no on site food, only vending machines.
Pros
great atmosphere and great team
Cons
No on site canteen
nice people good times at dhl
wearhouse operative (Former Employee) –  Sherburn in Elmet8 August 2018
I enjoyed all staff working there and I learned ,any of things like to pick and pack and working in cosmetics also the management was nice people too the hardest part of the job was getting Home late every day
Proud to work at DHL
HR Business Resolution Manager (Current Employee) –  Home Based6 August 2018
Regional HR Resolution Manager supporting managers with all ER issues. Travelling to sites within the Midlands region supporting and coaching management and utilising my skills. I have to interact with all levels from colleague to senior manager
I have gained a lot of confidence whilst in this role and have been constantly up skilled and I keep up to date with any changes employment law
The culture within DHL is excellent and they always like to promote from within whenever possible
The hardest part of the role can be the isolation, my team only meet once a month and most of the communication is over the phone or email
The most enjoyable part is meeting new people and imparting my knowledge
Pros
Managing my own time
Cons
Isolation
My time at DHL
Operational Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol4 August 2018
The job was interesting enough, and working from home meant that I could manage my time to my best advantage. It's a shame that my position became redundant and, in a way, made me take early retirement. I feel that I still have something to offer in the workplace, hence my desire for part-time work.
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
None really
Terrible place to work
HGV Driver class 1 (Former Employee) –  Hebburn3 August 2018
Management are useless and if you do a 12 hour day you only get paid 10 hours,overtime payments must be chased up otherwise they forget you've done it,and certain employees can be finished by dinner time whilst most of us are still grafting till well after 5
Pros
Job and knock
Cons
There's loads
money was good, shifts were not the best, the team i worked in was good management wasn't the best
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  solihull2 August 2018
There wasn't much opportunity to progress as the management kept things limited, money was really good, the system they had in place was good but addressing issues and problems could have been done better, over all i had a good experience there were i came across team work, having to communicate with people from all back grounds, working under pressure but making sure, i worked save and quick, learnt to be able to meet dead lines, and recognise problems and bring them to managements attention
Just another cog
Customer Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Poyle1 August 2018
Providing support to customers and customer support specialists in a team. Reporting discrepancies to a supervisor.
Updating many electronic and paper files every day.
The culture was inflexible work hours and everyone treated the same regardless of performance.
Clock watchers, running out the door at 5.30 sharp.
Keeping motivated was the hardest thing and trying to work out if I was doing OK, no feedback unless I asked for it.
The most enjoyable part was the Customer Service Excellence Course and liaising with customers and suppliers.
Pros
Hour for lunch and can eat at desk when you want
Cons
No perks Desk bound became fat and unfit
Excelente empresa
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Warwickshire31 July 2018
Oferece todos os tipos de oportunidades para ter uma carreira dentro da empresa
production workplace
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Salfords, Surrey29 July 2018
the managers are great persons,people there are polite and friendly,i had so much fun working there,and i will miss the place
very good place the job to work,and ashley main of the managers great person,kindly and friendly
Pros
45 minutes break
Cons
not long hours
Good to work for
Warehouse agent (Former Employee) –  LHR26 July 2018
Very good working environment. All kind of training available for employees willing to progress within the company. I would recommend DHL to anyone who thinks about a new employer.
Sales Support
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  BRistol24 July 2018
Good place to work, nice people, job entailed driving around meeting customers and giving general day to day support.

Was lucky enough to work with some lovely people who made the job more enjoyable,
Cons
They pay you for what you do. Fairly good employer.
warehouse worker in the shipping department (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, Greater London18 July 2018
They pay you for any extra as overtime, antisocial hours - night shift. They pay always on time. You can take break when you need and eat or just chill for a bit.
Pros
Secure job
Cons
Boring physical work
Lacking a real, driven management structure
First Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands18 July 2018
Management really will be the downfall to this company. From small things such as employee queries to being subject to incorrect payments, management always seemed as clueless as the person seeking help from them.
Pros
overtime more a less every time requested
Cons
insufficient pay for the work carired out.
At the moment the Bury depot is experiencing difficulties, I’m hoping within the next couple of months. These problems will be resolved.
HGV Class 2 Driver (Current Employee) –  Bury, Greater Manchester17 July 2018
For such a big company, the Bury depot is disorganised. Routes not ready on time. Drivers can be waiting up to 4 hrs, before route is ready. Then still expected to do a ten hrs drive.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long hour waiting for loads.
Yes, lovely place to work.
FLT Driver, Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Trent17 July 2018
I have enjoyed working there. all staffs very helpfull. Every process has taken care of very nicely. Health and safety was good. They do have a good training matrics , follow up good.
Pros
Discount on certain products
Cons
No everything is open and shut.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.

54.1K