DHL Employee Review

Good company to work for but it is always temporary contracts
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire2 December 2017
Good to work for, money is good and the shifts are good, but don't like when the agency tell you that's you get a start then tell you not to bother coming back in a txt after being told to come back the next day, as they gave your job to someone else, before you even leave the building and when you ask why, no one seems to know.
Pros
Good shifts and good weekly wage
Cons
temporary contracts and never know if your job is safe from day to day

Other DHL Employee Reviews

Hard manual work with potential to earn.
Goods Out Loader and Trainer (Current Employee) –  Scunthorpe, UK9 December 2018
A typical day involves the preparation and loading of various trailer types from 14 pallet rigid bodied trailers through to the 52 pallet Transdek trailers. Preparation includes the weighing of roll cages, moving products from cage to cage to evenly distribute weight and ensuring cage is in a sound condition; consolidating pallets if required to ensure the load fits. Loading is done by MHE for the pallets and the roll cages are loaded manually.

I have found the work environment to be very bonus orientated, which is an incentive to pick more load more but as a result, quality sometimes takes a back seat with some operatives adopting a 'that'll do' approach to their work. This approach has a knock on effect throughout the operation so when orders reach the Goods Out area it is inevitably down to the loader to ensure everything is safe for delivery to customers.

This is the main reason I asked to become a trainer. I felt I could use my years of experience to educate others in the day to day problems we on the Goods Out encounter and hopefully improve the efficiency of the loading process. The training is by far the most pleasurable part of my job. I take great pride in my work, taking a person with no previous experience and turning them into a competent loader in two weeks.

The hardest part is the constant physicality of the job. You're either picking cases of drink and/or household detergents and confectionary weighing up to 25kg or pushing roll cages weighing up to 415kg onto trailers sometimes upwards of seventy per load. It can be a hard thankless task.
Pros
Excellent pension, a reasonable rate of pay, on site gym.
Cons
Hard manual work. Enforced overtime.
good people bad managment
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Erdington, West Midlands4 December 2018
job was easy work pay was goood and the people that worked that was good people only downfall is the managemtn they was out for them selfs no matter who they had to screw over on their way to the top
Pros
good money
Cons
bad managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.

54.2K