DHL Employee Reviews for Warehouse Worker

Found 556 reviews matching the search See all 12,581 reviews
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Bury, Greater Manchester21 November 2018
A very nice place to work, people are friendly, flexible hours and a very good team of management. i will recommend this job to anyone, have a go and you wont regret your decision, trust me you wont regret
Pros
Cons
free car parking
Great security and pay
Warehouse Operative/Picker (Current Employee) –  Scunthorpe16 August 2018
DHL is great place to work in terms of job security and pay/benefits.
Unfortunately it's very tightly run which is great for customers but can be stressful for employees. Also the demand for compulsory overtime can impact on your personal life.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Security
Cons
Overtime, stressful
Relaxed and friendly workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire7 September 2018
It's not really good workplace in terms of management and benefits (or lack of), but it's a good work environment for someone that want to work in a relaxed environment.
money was good, shifts were not the best, the team i worked in was good management wasn't the best
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  solihull2 August 2018
There wasn't much opportunity to progress as the management kept things limited, money was really good, the system they had in place was good but addressing issues and problems could have been done better, over all i had a good experience there were i came across team work, having to communicate with people from all back grounds, working under pressure but making sure, i worked save and quick, learnt to be able to meet dead lines, and recognise problems and bring them to managements attention
Good work place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire28 May 2018
My typical day: i'm coming to work at 6 am , the manager says about health and safety and then we start to work. The salary on DHL and workplace culture is good. DHL doesn't have hard part of the job.
It's not the same DHL culture as in Germany.
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Rugeley21 September 2018
You can be promised various things in the working place, as getting a forklift licence or conversion, if you have been driving a different forklift, but the conversion can take up to 5 seconds, and I quote: Here are the keys, there is the truck. Enjoy!
The hazards are not seriously being taken into consideration, making their warehouse an unsafe place to be. If you came across a pallet containing compressed gas shells, not being marked on the box as dangerous, hazard, handle with care or something similar, and see it smashed, and after you tell your managers about it, it can take days till they are coming with an excuse, and the hazardous pallet will still be there, smashed like it was in the 1st place by a careless bendi-truck driver for weeks.
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Papworth Everard25 September 2018
Very good company, but staff gets treated unfairly at times.its to much work for a small warehouse and less pay.the company could do better in mine and others opinion.poor management,outdated equipment and unhealthy environment
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Long working hours
I am a good team leader and fit in anywhere
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands14 September 2018
I have previous experience and enjoy working with others. I am also at college but willing to work. I have 7 GCSEs and I’m currently studying at Walsall college completing my last year of law. Once I am done I would like to work full time.
good team work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Maidstone14 November 2018
Could be better, a lot more work from the management team to sort out for it to be a good place of work.But good place to work easy money and they use to do a 12 hour shift which is not taken away back to 8.
Clicky and backstabbing
Warehouse Operative (Agency) (Former Employee) –  Telford, UK7 October 2018
I had the miss fortune of working at DHL rofjt from the get go your made to feel like you are worthless compared to the click that surounds the company. And God help if you actually know what your talking about because then your seen as a trouble maker and they make up stuff about your work ethic. Horrendous place to work. If you want to end up doubting yourself and fancy a bit of mental health issues then go to DHL they can have you there in no time.
Pros
Cons
Just terrible place to work
production workplace
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Salfords, Surrey29 July 2018
the managers are great persons,people there are polite and friendly,i had so much fun working there,and i will miss the place
very good place the job to work,and ashley main of the managers great person,kindly and friendly
Pros
45 minutes break
Cons
not long hours
fun workplace
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands25 April 2018
A typical day at work was quite fun, everyone got along and would have jokes with each other as well as getting work done. i loved working here as it was always fun. i learnt a lot more on how to work in teams with people, which did learn me a lot. management were very nice and would also ask the staff how everything was going, and were very kind and understanding and got along with everyone. the hardest part of the job was probably wearing the steel toe boots as they were very heavy and used to make my feet ache, because of being on my feet all the time while working.
Pros
free drinks in the staff room
exciting, fun and sense of purpose
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire7 October 2018
I really enjoyed working at DHL, everyday was exciting and productive, I enjoyed working in a team and meeting deadlines early which give you a great sense of achievement. I also enjoy organising my work to ensure I fulfil my duties but also helping others when needed, whilst there I improved on my communication skills which has become one of my key skills.
Pros
meeting new people and working together
Cons
on your feet all day
it was an alright place to work.
Warehouse Operative/Packer (Former Employee) –  Coleshill, Warwickshire3 July 2018
The work place was good place to work. The managment people are really good they make sure you have got enough work for you todo during your shift. They make sure there is enough work so you are not standing around doing nothing on your shift.
Pros
gym on site
Productive fun place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Trafford1 January 2018
Loading and unloading delivery wagons.

Arranging stock in warehouse ensuring that all products were stored neatly and safely.

Packing products for delivery and troubleshooting any damaged goods.

Adhering to health and safety standards.

I learned to deal with vast amounts of goods at a time,

I learned self management and health and safety.

I worked in a multi cultural environment.

Hardest part of the job is tight deadlines.

Most enjoyable part of the job is being on time with schedule.
Pros
Free gifts
trash
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands5 November 2018
working here is complete trash they are always looking for ways to sack you and mess around with your shift and role in the company along with making you work like a dog and not giving you a chance to even eat lunch with 15 mins brakes takes 10 mins just to walk to the canteen because its too far away from your working station.
Pros
Cons
to much
Warehouse operative
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Kilwinning10 June 2018
Horrible management and Bad hours working from 2-10 didn’t allow me to really have a life but the pay was pretty good for how easy the work was but apart from that I wouldn’t want to work with this company again
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else
Easy work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Rugby28 June 2018
Easy place too work. The warehouse is easy too navigate and loads of friendly people there who are easy to get on with. Plenty of opportunities to progress if you work hard enough.
Productive and good work place
Warehouse Operative, Picking and Packing (Current Employee) –  Rugby, valley cross valley road M315 October 2018
1. Picking packing, driving with MLOP
2.-3. Helping to others,give information about picking work scanners.
4. work place clear and ready to work.
5. on the areas not enough Large bins, for shrink wrap and other wood pieces from pallets.
6. For the moment everything is fine.
Pros
lunches taking from home
Cons
8 hr's
Potential to be a great place to work
Warehouse operative (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire9 October 2018
For the most part a great place to work. However some things are definitely in need of improvement. A lot of working systems are out dated and no one seems to want to improve or change them.
Pros
Well known company
Cons
Behind the times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.

54.3K