DHL Employee Reviews for Warehouse Worker

Poor work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Langley Mill18 June 2018
The work was very inconsistent, and due to issues with specific managers, I was often sidelined in regards to positions. Also the lack of English working force made it difficult to communicate and work with others, especially when working in teams on specific shifts.

When started I was promised full time work for the starting few weeks, instead had 2 days a week work for 6 weeks.
Cons
poor work offers
just another poorly paid warehouse job
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire15 June 2018
most people that work there are not english which is fine but you'll find that its low paid and there is a button to press on the way out and if it goes red you in the side room to see if you've taken anything very annoying at the end of a long shift as there is a line and you are not being paid as you've clocked out... the work is quite easy but very boring indeed
Pros
wile packing sweets you can eat them lol
Cons
low paid xmass temps sacked off whenever they are not needed
Warehouse operative
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Kilwinning10 June 2018
Horrible management and Bad hours working from 2-10 didn’t allow me to really have a life but the pay was pretty good for how easy the work was but apart from that I wouldn’t want to work with this company again
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else
Good
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Cirencester, Gloucestershire9 June 2018
Good working environment. Able to progress when you want to. Given good responsibilities and learn fast on the job. Also have the option to develop new skills.
Fun workplace and productive
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Stirling5 June 2018
Friendly environment
Excellent health and safety
Excellent pay with extras hours when needed
Dealing with heavy metal products ( Land Rover)
Night shift rota
Pros
Lots of overtime
Warehouse operative
Warehouseman (Current Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands4 June 2018
rotation shift MHE licences required how to work efficiently land rover supply chain dropping parts off to line hardset part of job is the rotaion shift and sticking to timelimit to lineside.
Pros
load of overtime
Cons
no onsite parking
Good work place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire28 May 2018
My typical day: i'm coming to work at 6 am , the manager says about health and safety and then we start to work. The salary on DHL and workplace culture is good. DHL doesn't have hard part of the job.
productive and fun workplace
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  birmingham21 May 2018
nice working environment and I easily got through the working hours and the challenges that could have come.I also learned that punctuality and flexibility you can get along with.
productive
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Coleshill, Warwickshire16 May 2018
A hard working individual who works well within a team and is also able to ramain calm when faced with challenging situacions. Naturally ambitions and thrivers on responsibility and achievement.
fun workplace
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands25 April 2018
A typical day at work was quite fun, everyone got along and would have jokes with each other as well as getting work done. i loved working here as it was always fun. i learnt a lot more on how to work in teams with people, which did learn me a lot. management were very nice and would also ask the staff how everything was going, and were very kind and understanding and got along with everyone. the hardest part of the job was probably wearing the steel toe boots as they were very heavy and used to make my feet ache, because of being on my feet all the time while working.
Pros
free drinks in the staff room
picking - packing
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Barming, Kent23 April 2018
Friendly environment, picking clothes with paper order, easy to work.
Unfortunately, it works only through an agency. Dhl does not offer direct contracts. Season works for 4 months (summer-winter)
VNA truck driver
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Normanton17 April 2018
VNA driving, picking the items, collection the items and dispatching.
Learned safe driving, able to work in warehouse
Learned a good teamwork
The hardest part of the job- safe driving while it s busy
Get job done without mistakes and as teamwork
Pros
Good work team
night shift
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Liverpool17 April 2018
night shift working
learnt a lot about working on a production line
working with a team , communication ,unloading and packing working to a deadline, being efficient i did enjoy my role i was committed and eager .
Trying to be leaders in the field
Warehouse operative/Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Peterborough5 April 2018
Bringing more and up to date equipment took a long time. Would have been better placed had staff on the floor been consulted.
Overall though, you were respected and if you could do the job, were left to get on with it.
Pros
Good hours, good lower management
Cons
No allowance for decision taking.
Don’t waste your time
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom26 March 2018
Worst place to work ever. Management discriminates the work force. Money rubbish. Management have no clue what to do. Poor HR team. Management needs more training. Just don’t waste your time.
Pros
Cons
The whole company
reestack palets
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Langley Mill20 March 2018
nice and friendly people good communication skills in teams nice and quiet area easy work for young people possibles to do a flt license from the company
great work place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent20 March 2018
typical work place enviroment sourded by great people

clock in the morning on time, have a team breif and then make your way to your work stations and prep to start working
Pros
gym access
Fun place to work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Langley19 March 2018
The management is okay but the work load is too much. it is like a typical day at work. I learned to verify items. the most enjoyable part of the work was the changing in job role.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Coventry19 March 2018
They are very organised and makes sure that their workers are upbeat. Also they provide breaks and make you feel welcomed. they make sure that their workers are comfortable and not under stress in keeping up with the workload.
Decent place to work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Coalville, Leicestershire17 March 2018
As I worked under an agency, I was only unloading trailers. There was no development beyond this unless you became permanent. As workload would often be finished before the end of the day, we were released early. This meant that at the end of the week I would receive only 40-60% of the salary I would have attained had I worked a full 37.5 hour week.
Pros
Many Breaks
Cons
Low Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.

53.9K