DHL Employee Reviews for Truck Driver

not good
HGV Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol30 March 2018
not very impress with company. poor management, people dont get recognized for their hard work, family only good positions avaliable
too many problems from begining to shift to end of the shift.
Former employee
Hgv class 2 driver (Current Employee) –  Thrapston4 March 2018
Good place to work unfortunately not enough work when Xmas is over hope it picks up soon as I enjoyed working there hrs suited me and they never hassle you, give you plenty of time to get to your shop
Pros
Hrs
Cons
Not a lot of work after xmas
Excellent place to work.
HGV Driver (Former Employee) –  Colnbrook London.26 February 2018
Long hours, but didn't seem like long hours.

A typical day consisted of 2 to 3 trips to Heathrow airport, to cater aircraft.

There were strict rules and procedures to abide by, but more than enough training was given.

Lots of downtime and good wages, we were not pushed to work fast they encouraged us to take our time and be careful.
Pros
Free lunch, excellent work environment.
Cons
Long hours.
Very low morale across workplace.
LGV Class C Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  West Midlands26 February 2018
Not a good employer the ability to pay you the correct wages seems beyond them month after month, management do not appear to understand when a vehicle is overloaded,heavy handball deliveries, need I go on......
Pros
Money is ok.
Cons
Never ending workload, made to feel as if you are still at junior school.
enjoyable work place
HGV Class 1 Driver (Current Employee) –  Grays, Essex19 February 2018
enjoyed working for DHL and gained a lot of experience , good learning cerve if you want to gain experience, its easy to learn something new, and a great place to be
good work
Driver class 1 (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes12 January 2018
I worked very well in the company without stress,very good hours and changes.I recommend everyone to work in such a large company, they have good bonuses
Discrimination and silly management
HGV Class 2 Driver (Former Employee) –  Avonmouth, Bristol17 November 2017
As an agency driver I can confirm there is no equality at this place. There is a huge diversion between people and the workflow which I don't approve at all cases. You will never get the contract you are booked in for. They will swap you over without notice nor your approval.
I am very, very disappointed from this company's depot and the whole "management" in general. For such a big supply company any sort of discrimination is prohibited and totally unacceptable!
Nice pleace to work
Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Fradkey Park12 November 2017
Nice people
A lot of difrent jobs with strart thru whole day.
Nice canteen with serving machines.
A big car park.
No rush at work.
Nice people at office .
Pros
Canteen
Cons
Long shifts
incompetent management
HGV Driver (Current Employee) –  Heywood - Next14 October 2017
A typical day at work: starts with vehicle checks, meeting your new work mate for the day most likely brand new because someone was sacked the day before so you will also need to train him whilst your out, making around 30 delivery's of home furniture items up to 110 kg's to which ever room the customer wants it in and also assembling some flat pack items which you will be given 30 minutes to do regardless of if it really takes 2 hours to put together. after you finish all your delivery's you will be sent to help everyone else finish their's. if you are good at the job you will get the heaviest, most delivery's and the newest staff member to work with everyday.
It can take up to an hour to fail a delivery you cant get a truck too, you are presumed a liar until you drive around and take photos of every possible entry you cant fit a truck through.

What i learned: Don't trust anybody. especially senior member of staff

Management: Poorly run site, pick and choose witch policies to follow as and when it suits them, Poor man management skills, enjoys firing people for the smallest of errors. Very high staff turn over you will be lucky to last 1 year. There is no appreciation for the work you have done instead they will find a fault in the way you have done it.
poor facilities on site, no food facilities management wont even share brewing up tackle with you.

workplace culture: once you finish your work you get rewarded with doing the work of other employee's that do not stay on time there is no such thing as an early finish here.
There is no job security everyday could
  more... be your last day.

The hardest part of this job: waking up and finding the motivation to go to work.

The most enjoyable part of the job: eventually you get to go home.
Pros
Cons
long hours 11-15 per day
Excellent company
LGV 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Ellesmere Port8 October 2017
Good company to work for , excellent salary and benifits . Management very proactive and supportive .
Staff friendly and encouraging to achieve end result
Pros
Salary and pension
Class 2 Driver (Current Employee) –  Bellshill, North Lanarkshire12 September 2017
Deliver flat pack and sofas.sofa beds . And now we assembele most flatpack also we deliver and assembel beds .... pretty good job .but it feels like we work for next rather than dhl
Pros
Gd work place
Cons
No bad
Very good place to work
HGV Driver (Former Employee) –  Avonmouth, Bristol19 August 2017
High level on health and safety, very good place to achieve a good relationship with your buddies and a lot of internal learning courses and assesments as well.
Pros
Brand new trucks.
Cons
hard work.
good job ruined by incompetent management
HGV Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Prudhoe, Northumberland24 July 2017
Great job to start with on rdc days trunking a doddle new transport manager came in ruined job forced to do nights out and diciplined when refused even though not in contract cowboy management intimidation regular keep well away
Pros
good shift pattern
Cons
idiotic management
Fair to middling
HGV Class 2 Driver (Former Employee) –  Solihull10 July 2017
Worked for this company and they aren't the best but not the worst, salary is good and the drivers are sound. I have no more comments to make, I cannot think of much else to say on this company but then this is only my opinion and others may enjoy working here.
Dreadful
HGV Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Crawley3 July 2017
To this company you are just a number. Not interested in anything you have to say. If there is a problem they will not resolve it, just get rid of you. I have seen it numerous times there!
Poorly managed at the very top level
Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Castleford6 June 2017
Certain branches were continually in profit, but due to poor management, in my opinion, some larger branches were never profitable and so after 10 years or so, the parent Company decided to close DHL Freight UK and made us all redundant.
We were always compared to DHL Supply chain and DHL Express as these were run very differently and so were always profitable.
I would recommend them as an Employer due to their attitude towards their employees, benefits package, sick pay etc etc.
Please don't be put off that one division could not be saved, freight forwarding is a very competitive market and nothing like the rest of DHL.
Pros
Salary, Benefits packages, Training.
Stay away from dhl
HGV Class 1 Driver (Current Employee) –  Wellingborough, Northamptonshire3 June 2017
The management at Homebase dhl haven't got a clue on how to run a transport operation, nothing is their fault it's always the drivers fault even though it's nothing to do with the drivers, also the managers behave like a bunch of school kids.
Pros
Cons
Two many to mention
To many chiefs
HGV Class 1 Driver (Current Employee) –  Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire30 May 2017
To many managers and lack the ability to make decisions, no flexibility and unapproachable.
The job is easy enough but long hours and the start times can shift up to 4 hours from one day to the next
Pros
Good money, salaried
Terrible waste of resources
HGV 2 Driver (Former Employee) –  Park Royal Station27 May 2017
Delivering medical equipment to hospitals and GP surgeries. Maintaining vehicle, completing administration. I learned lots on how not to do things. Workplace culture none existent. The hardest part for me to work here was, to observe management greed and inability to sort problems out.
Pros
Cons
Wasting tax payers money
Good kit provided, great work mates
Class 1 Driver (Current Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire22 May 2017
The planners are the let down, I guess this is the same in most logistic companies, full uniform provided, no tramping, choice of days, afters or nights
Pros
Decent bonus, Extra shift payments
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.

53.9K