DHL Employee Reviews for Team Leader

Found 52 reviews matching the search See all 12,579 reviews
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol1 March 2018
Good place to experience new situations,good environment,lots of benefits reguarding salary and holidays,a place where you can have a good career,a good chance to meet many people,to face different situations.
Pros
free lunches
Big expirence
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wellingborough, Northamptonshire12 July 2018
Dhl allowed me to give huge expansion. It was my first work in england and I started from the basics. During 4 years of work, I was being a position of team leader and manager. We were helped to work under the pressure of time and in stress situations.
Pros
Cscs courses
Best Working Enviroment.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Swindon1 June 2016
No other employer has offered me the opportunity to progress, thrive and enjoy my career like DHL have. Majority of Management are brilliant, I learned and achieved everything on offer from Red Prarie System to Working alongside the customers and other companies involved in the GWEP project. My Co workers were for the main part as hard working and commited to our roles. The hard part is me having to leave due to health problems, the most enjoyable was every day.
Pros
Great Salary, Great Opportunity and Great Career Move.
Cons
There's always the handful of co workers who shouldn't of been born.
Excellent working conditions with a highly productive workforce
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Normanton9 January 2013
Planning workflow throughout the warehouse, utilise staff and equipment to maximize efficiency to meet targets and deadlines.Ensuring end of day procedures are followed and all end of day manifests are collated.Making sure that staff are working to their full potential and ensuring smooth hand over to oncoming shifts. My time there was most enjoyable met a great set of people and made lots of friends.
Pros
colleagues at work very friendly and helpful, excellent salary
Cons
very little chance of advancement, redundancy
Productive and fun
Step up Teamleader (Former Employee) –  Newtownabbey, County Antrim7 February 2018
It was a busy place when I first started working for DHL on the Marks and Spencer contract. I was in charge off all areas of the boxed operation within the Marks and Spencer Distribution Centre. I had at one stage a responsibility for looking after 70 operatives in the repricing function it was a challenging job which I grasped and give 100% ability to and commitment to. I enjoyed working alongside my colleagues and achieving our targets set out to meet to despatch schedules.
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
I had to work evening shifts
A platform where to grow and develop
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire24 November 2017
I started working for DHL through agency as a box picker and have worked my way up to team leader so far. I feel motivated and fulfilled in my working place and the management really put efforts in developing people within our working place. Interestengly enough DHL has been both my best and my worst working experience so far. Overall I'm very happy where I am now and hope to keep developing as much as possible.
Pros
Family environment, good management
Cons
Hard work for a low-average wage
Clerical team leader (Former Employee) –  Bristol24 June 2012
Dhl is a good place to work at as long as you get to work with good people. Salary isnt that much but it is not tha bad either. But for the job you do they could pay a little more.
Pros
hire good people around you
Cons
long hours, basic salary
Pressure
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wisbech, Cambridgeshire29 January 2018
Very big pressure from management, production operatives feels invisible. Public declaration are not matching with existing reality. But also it`s making you stronger and more experied.
Busy and productive
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Spennymoor13 January 2018
DHL are a massive company. I enjoyed working there greatly. I Advanced from a picker to a supervisor in 6 years and found the culture and people very intelligent and satisfying.
Pros
Massive worldwide company
Cons
Wages are tight
Fun Place To Work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Blackpool28 January 2013
Good company to work for, salary above average for the level of job you do. and great ops to progress up the ladder and traing.
Pros
training op
Cons
salaryed

Want to know more about DHL?

Ask a question
Avoid at all costs.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  No way26 July 2017
Avoid at all costs the prisons contract DHL works on. Bullying and abuse widespread - including from management - unsafe and dangerous working practices, dreadful pay. Never again. No breaks, sulking if you asked for your holiday entitlement, a couldn't care less attitude. You will become embittered and senior management will not support anyone, all complaints will be ignored or literally binned before they can leave the site. When you travel out to work in other prisons you will literally be abandoned to your fate; there are no safety measures in place and you will be threatened and menaced by prisoners. If you have a problem on these sites none of the contact support numbers will answer the phone and if it's after 5 o'clock they will be switched off. Prison officers are so thin on the ground they are unable to help even themselves, let alone you. Time off in lieu is promised but never delivered. You will need to work overtime for free. I was required to use my own car to deliver goods despite this being a logistics company!
Pros
Got paid.
Cons
See above.
Great Lads Great Job
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  East Midlands Airport, Leicestershire13 November 2017
Just a shame at the time i was there we had a big issue with management!

Always getting in the way and trying to fix things that was not broken also none of the senior supervisors could not do my job but were intent on telling me how to do it ie De-icing aircraft and Snow clearing etc
very fast paced
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sherburn, ENG1 December 2015
The warehouse runs a morning and afternoon shift that rotates on a week on week basis so everyone has an opportunity to have a good work/life balance. I enjoyed working here particularly because it was my first role as a team leader and the management noted my potential early on which I was grateful for. After six months I was given a permanent contract which was unusual and got the chance to move through different areas within the distribution centre which enabled me to develop different skills within a supervisory role.
Could be better
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bedford22 March 2016
There is no set job culture and sometimes the workplace was a place to set personal feuds which confused the employees as this was mainly a management problem.
Almost half the employees were/ are foreign but there was little on no effort from management to want to understand other cultures in order to create a harmonious work place.
Pros
Good work collegues and paid breaks.
Cons
Not a good place for carrer advancement if you not part of the boys club.
Productive, with opportunities to progress career wise.
GOODS IN TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  THORNE, DONCASTER2 August 2012
I have been what you may call, unlucky, in my time with dhl. One company going bankruptat the start of my career , and another moving elsewhere thus ending in my being made redundant. Work was hard at times , whilst at the same time being fun.The managers were of a standard where everyday in the warehouse could be like a day at school, in that I was always learning.My colleagues were like anyone elses, you had your good ones, and you had the people who were only there for a cheque at the end of the month.The hardest part; working to gain trust and respect after promotion. The most enjoyable part; knowing I had gained that trust/respect and as a team we could do the job.
Pros
dhl discounts on various things. days out etc
Cons
not many. work is work, you do what you have to do.
More interested in contracts than people
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wakefield District19 August 2015
A typical day involves covering several people as they are severely understaffed. I was not given any training as a Team Leader in 2 1/2 years despite being given the role.

The management like to make derogatory remarks against staff and do not care about their mental or physical health.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours, lack of progression, lack of training, no compassion
Fun workplace
Goods in/out Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Coventry23 February 2016
In a typical day at DHL in this position I fulfilled management tasks of opening and closing the facility, as well as overseeing a staff of between 2- 10 individuals. Throughout the day I completed various administrative duties as well, including answering phones, drafting documents and emails, filing and greeting customers. I also provided strong customer service and resolved customer issues.

I have gain how to manage employees and how to achieve targets.

Management were very supportive as when I required any help they were there and they've also provided some training courses.

Workers were fine and very friendly.

Hardest part of job was sometimes you had to do 12 hrs and also when staff phone in sick you have to step down and cover their duties.

I enjoyed being part of team and loved working with systems that were involved in the inventory.
Fast paced and productive workplace
Team Leader - Inventory (Current Employee) –  Hounslow, ENG11 June 2015
A typical day at work includes monitoring daily demand based on operational requirements. Any changes in daily demand are monitored and orders are placed for excess requirements.

Working inventory and backup inventory are monitored on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. These are updated for financial evaluation, to the customer and to the local VAT teams.

Excess inventory is returned to the supplier or to other stations.

The team consists of four colleagues headed by a team leader. The colleagues are deployed and rostered based on their abilities.

The management has been very helpful and encourages us to enter into training programs, via the online edu portal.
Pros
Provides breakfast and lunch
Typical Day
Administration Team Leader (Former Employee) –  croydon29 October 2014
Typical Day:

7am: walking into the office the night shift has just finished their shift. all paperwork for processing waiting on my desk. emails waiting to be answered from the night before. I multi task and whisk through the e-mail and deal with the urgent email and get on with processing the paperwork and report that is needed by lunch time.
Management arrive around 9am: having a laugh and jokes and ask me if I am having any issues and he get on with his daily routine and letting me get on with mine.. as a team leader I have to manage if the rest of the team have their daily task and if any issues are occurring.
The Hard part: when our systems are down and have to find figures and information manually it can be challenge and the figures are not located in 1 point. you have to do a bit of exercise and find the point,
the most enjoyable part- is that we work together as a team and its like one big happy family. Always there to help
Pros
Feel like a family
Cons
Extremly busy time can turn into 14 hour shifts.
Good team, high energy environment
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Crick29 May 2014
A good day would be a busy day; high volumes and demanding deadlines kept the team and myself motivated daily.

Management have always been co-operative, and open minded. In some cases going the extra mile to keep employees happy and motivated.

Hardest part of the job; when a small number of employees are not as motivated as the rest, this could cause minor stress amongst the team as the deadlines could be tight and required everyone to work at the same pace.

Most enjoyable part; meeting deadlines, a strong team all on the same wavelength and the drive to complete the job, camaraderie amongst employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.

54.3K