DHL Employee Reviews for Team Leader

Big expirence
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wellingborough, Northamptonshire12 July 2018
Dhl allowed me to give huge expansion. It was my first work in england and I started from the basics. During 4 years of work, I was being a position of team leader and manager. We were helped to work under the pressure of time and in stress situations.
Pros
Cscs courses
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol1 March 2018
Good place to experience new situations,good environment,lots of benefits reguarding salary and holidays,a place where you can have a good career,a good chance to meet many people,to face different situations.
Pros
free lunches
Productive and fun
Step up Teamleader (Former Employee) –  Newtownabbey, County Antrim7 February 2018
It was a busy place when I first started working for DHL on the Marks and Spencer contract. I was in charge off all areas of the boxed operation within the Marks and Spencer Distribution Centre. I had at one stage a responsibility for looking after 70 operatives in the repricing function it was a challenging job which I grasped and give 100% ability to and commitment to. I enjoyed working alongside my colleagues and achieving our targets set out to meet to despatch schedules.
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
I had to work evening shifts
Pressure
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wisbech, Cambridgeshire29 January 2018
Very big pressure from management, production operatives feels invisible. Public declaration are not matching with existing reality. But also it`s making you stronger and more experied.
Busy and productive
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Spennymoor13 January 2018
DHL are a massive company. I enjoyed working there greatly. I Advanced from a picker to a supervisor in 6 years and found the culture and people very intelligent and satisfying.
Pros
Massive worldwide company
Cons
Wages are tight
A platform where to grow and develop
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire24 November 2017
I started working for DHL through agency as a box picker and have worked my way up to team leader so far. I feel motivated and fulfilled in my working place and the management really put efforts in developing people within our working place. Interestengly enough DHL has been both my best and my worst working experience so far. Overall I'm very happy where I am now and hope to keep developing as much as possible.
Pros
Family environment, good management
Cons
Hard work for a low-average wage
Great Lads Great Job
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  East Midlands Airport, Leicestershire13 November 2017
Just a shame at the time i was there we had a big issue with management!

Always getting in the way and trying to fix things that was not broken also none of the senior supervisors could not do my job but were intent on telling me how to do it ie De-icing aircraft and Snow clearing etc
Avoid at all costs.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  No way26 July 2017
Avoid at all costs the prisons contract DHL works on. Bullying and abuse widespread - including from management - unsafe and dangerous working practices, dreadful pay. Never again. No breaks, sulking if you asked for your holiday entitlement, a couldn't care less attitude. You will become embittered and senior management will not support anyone, all complaints will be ignored or literally binned before they can leave the site. When you travel out to work in other prisons you will literally be abandoned to your fate; there are no safety measures in place and you will be threatened and menaced by prisoners. If you have a problem on these sites none of the contact support numbers will answer the phone and if it's after 5 o'clock they will be switched off. Prison officers are so thin on the ground they are unable to help even themselves, let alone you. Time off in lieu is promised but never delivered. You will need to work overtime for free. I was required to use my own car to deliver goods despite this being a logistics company!
Pros
Got paid.
Cons
See above.
good money but rude management
team leader (Current Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands26 June 2017
very rude management as much as jlr dhl will pay you good wages you get humiliated and always blamed for anything and everything management is full of bullies and cokeheads
Pros
good wage
Cons
rotating shifts
Great work place
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol2 March 2017
shift work 6-2 2-22

30 min break
some management are ok
stock control great department
i enjoy running the day to day of the department
Pros
30min break
Team Leader
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands1 March 2017
Exellent place to work got on with most people there. Started of as a Warehouse and got promoted as a Team Leader. Good money but rotating shift. Warehouse Operatives earn £12.30 an hr. Team Leaders £14 but bear in mind this is with shift allowance.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
feel like your made to do the overtime.
it was a really good workplace and nice people
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Colnbrook, Berkshire23 January 2017
It was a relly fun place to work at.
Staff was great hard working and polite.
Some of the managment is a bit bad because they don't know how to manage at all.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
normal hours
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Banbury22 December 2016
Enjoyed time at Dhl wealth of experience gained in warehouse operational task
Responsible for arranging work force and achieving customer satisfaction on a daily basis. Manage staff welfare and any appropriate disciplinary action is taken
Pros
Training
Cons
Friendly, supportive and team work
Operations Admin Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Radlett, Stb Albans21 October 2016
A typical day's activities involved team briefing, reviewing inbound and outbound data and preparing management reports and updates, communicating with suppliers and stores on pre delivery advice and planning delivery volume forecast. I then liaised with National Planning Centre, provide them with figures for the delivery footprint and then communicate same to the Transport Department, management and the Warehouse. While dealing with the above, I also allocate time to resolve delivery queries in terms of timeliness and stock integrity with customers (stores & suppliers).
The work afforded me the opportunity to improved my leadership and problem solving skills as each day had its own peculiar issues that needed to be resolved. Furthermore, I learnt to improve my communication skills as I had to communicate with people at different levels.
The management were friendly, approachable and supportive. They provided me the opportunity and space to lead my team and offered the necessary feed back. The business environment was like a family due to the cooperation of my my co-workers thereby enhancing the team spirit within which we operated.
The hardest part of the job had to deal with the shift work. Due to my leadership role, I often had to work at very unusual hours, sometimes starting work at 2 am.
The most enjoyable part of the job was in assisting in resolving stock issues, providing customers (suppliers and stores) with quality customer service and saving the company liability cost for poor service..
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Shift work
Relaxed place of work.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Liverpool14 June 2016
Good team culture, good location. Automotive industry supply chain provider. Fast paced, right first time environment. Can do attitude required.
Best Working Enviroment.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Swindon1 June 2016
No other employer has offered me the opportunity to progress, thrive and enjoy my career like DHL have. Majority of Management are brilliant, I learned and achieved everything on offer from Red Prarie System to Working alongside the customers and other companies involved in the GWEP project. My Co workers were for the main part as hard working and commited to our roles. The hard part is me having to leave due to health problems, the most enjoyable was every day.
Pros
Great Salary, Great Opportunity and Great Career Move.
Cons
There's always the handful of co workers who shouldn't of been born.
Challenging
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Dagenham23 May 2016
Assigning tasks to staff on dock floor and liaising information with managing head office. Prioritising tasks and making sure staff are doing the work and a good and safe manner.
Could be better
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bedford22 March 2016
There is no set job culture and sometimes the workplace was a place to set personal feuds which confused the employees as this was mainly a management problem.
Almost half the employees were/ are foreign but there was little on no effort from management to want to understand other cultures in order to create a harmonious work place.
Pros
Good work collegues and paid breaks.
Cons
Not a good place for carrer advancement if you not part of the boys club.
productive and fun working enviroment
Team Leader Restack (Former Employee) –  Northampton21 March 2016
DHL is a very good company to work for and offer many ways for you to further your career in the many job roles they offer. i learned alot of leadership skills and learned more about targets and why they had to be met.
Fun workplace
Goods in/out Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Coventry23 February 2016
In a typical day at DHL in this position I fulfilled management tasks of opening and closing the facility, as well as overseeing a staff of between 2- 10 individuals. Throughout the day I completed various administrative duties as well, including answering phones, drafting documents and emails, filing and greeting customers. I also provided strong customer service and resolved customer issues.

I have gain how to manage employees and how to achieve targets.

Management were very supportive as when I required any help they were there and they've also provided some training courses.

Workers were fine and very friendly.

Hardest part of job was sometimes you had to do 12 hrs and also when staff phone in sick you have to step down and cover their duties.

I enjoyed being part of team and loved working with systems that were involved in the inventory.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.

54.1K