DHL Employee Reviews for Driver

Awful
Driver (Former Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian17 October 2018
Persecution if genuinely ill
Blame culture
Arrogant non experienced managers bad treatment
No Christmas holidays
Long shifts
Bend h and s to suit.
Pros
High class 2 pay.
Cons
Appalling work culture
Great job to mix with new people
Driver (Former Employee) –  Ebbw Vale3 September 2018
I enjoyed my time with DHL i was working with the firm for 20 years fancied a change. I do miss the company and the people i worked with. i made a lot of friends and people within the bars we delivered to. some days i could be home quite early as the job is job and finish so thats a positive to many.
Pros
job and finish
Cons
work bank holidays
Glorified pickers as managers
Counter Balance Driver (Former Employee) –  Worksop11 August 2018
Didn't enjoy this job at all. management was terrible. Basically told people if they want to leave then walk away because they will fill your place with a foreigner tomorrow.
goodpay
CLASS2 driver (Current Employee) –  Bury, Greater Manchester5 June 2018
very easy job once your on the road ,you feel proud to work for a company as big as dhl,the pay is really good for the work you do anything from 1 drop to 7 drops a day
Pros
easy job
Cons
working any 5 out of 7
Fast working environment
Counter Balance FLT driver (Current Employee) –  Halewood24 April 2018
I've been on an agency contract for 4 years now and I'm not confident I'm getting a full time DHL contract.
There's about 10 other drivers like me who where confident of securing a full time contract when we started but like me see no future in this position.
Pros
Salary is good
Cons
No job security
As employment
Driver multi drop (Current Employee) –  Didcot26 February 2018
About payments all are normal for this job .. contracts, payslips, monthly salaries and holidays are all normal but .. about management are bad.. everyday mistakes and as managers they don't do their work like should .. all of them with some of them exceptions are lazy and don't help .. also to new drivers none training, they just require to be perfect .. exploit the drivers they don't like and just complain at all the time .. they lie to them with hopes and next day just they are dismissing .. should change that soon .. is horrible!!
Pros
Normal salary, payslips, contract, holidays.
Cons
No training, bad management, condition/situation.
the same destination every day
class1 aviation driver (Current Employee) –  isle of grain14 February 2018
get your 2 loads done and everyone is happy managment leave you alone most days are the same ,there is plenty of scope for overtime which would bring your wages up to 50k plus
Pros
good wages
Cons
doing the same runs everyday
ok to work/ wouldnt work there again due to rude managers
LLOP driver (Former Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire26 January 2018
not a good place to work, wouldn't work here again, no holidays, no sick days, no choice of shifts, I hope they change their ways and start being a bit more lenient with employees
Gloucester
Driver (Former Employee) –  Gloucestershire21 January 2018
Good company benefits. Look after their employees. Pension sick etc..Management lack leadership. Hide behind procedures . Procedures ignored when pressure mounts. No thought how to control work load always say yes when employees at breaking point. Many work their breaks to keep up with demand. Many good men and women leave.
Pros
Sick pay pension
Cons
Leaderless
really really good place to work
flt driver (Former Employee) –  East Midlands30 October 2017
I loved working at dhl, I worked on nights loading and unloading the lorries using a forklift truck. the staff was friendly and helpful I would go back in a heart beat.
Pros
everything
Cons

Want to know more about DHL?

Ask a question
Productive work place
FLT Driver - Line Feeder (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside11 October 2017
The Management in company is doing really good job, always helpful, fair and direct. Problem solving, decision making and organizing always in high standard.
Pros
good salary
Cons
3 shift pattern
Good workplace
Driver (Current Employee) –  Culcavy lisburn7 October 2017
Very hard work. If you make any mistakes, you'll know about it! Low working moral.
You have to come in as an agency worker (so I'm led to believe) in order to get a contract. Agency workers wage is less than a driver mates wage. Very stressful job.
Pros
You get fit
Cons
Long hours bad pay
One of the best jobs I have had
Driver (Former Employee) –  East Midlands Airport, Leicestershire6 September 2017
Sorting parcels into route order, checking vehicals, delivering parcels, collecting parcels, keeping a log of all activities, working as a team to process parcels on return.
Hardest part was meeting deadlines for collections when the traffic was bad.
Most enjoyable part was being out on my own all day.
do not have time to make this review and dont make me next time please
FLT Driver (Former Employee) –  Langley Mill, Derbyshire31 August 2017
do not have time to make this review and dont make me next time please

The following errors occurred:
Please tell us more about working at this company in Your Review.
Your Review Summary doesn't quite meet our quality guidelines. Please adjust and resubmit.
Your Review doesn't quite meet our quality guidelines. Please adjust and resubmit.
FLT Driver (Current Employee) –  East Midlands12 May 2017
Very busy and I always work and keep my head down I work to the best of my knowledge and am very punctual I've learned how to you use the computer system and log onto flight information and the enjoyable part of my job is meeting different customers when they pick there freight up and the hardest bit is when very busy and emptying all the cans when we unload them and the team all muck in and help
Pros
Good bonus and company benefits and free days out
Very good and fun
Driver/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands19 April 2017
I was working in DHL JLR erdington tyfort about five months i have experience I used to work sequence Piking & packing i love working in DHL industrial is very good job
Pros
Very good
Cons
Is not bad good
Productive fun place
FLT Driver (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside20 March 2017
On a typical day in Jaguar Land Rover/DHL it's a fast paced environment and little room for error, it's a good place to work, the salty is good and there's plenty of overtime to do if you wanted to earn more. It's a fair place to work with management and supervisors helping out whenever they can. Hardest part of the job is the unsociable hours of the 3 shift pattern that we do. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting along with everyone I work with makes the job easier.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Poor hours
excellent company
FLT Driver (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands5 March 2017
excellent company to work for , friendly ,multicultural environment .understandable management team ,
work -life balance is a problem , sometimes you are required to work 6 days a week or over the week end .
Multi drop driver
Multi Drop Driver (Former Employee) –  Newport, Newport18 February 2017
Very Friendly organised company, a pleasure to work for, heavy work long hours but always appreciated. Supplied with full uniform and boots on first day.
Stay well clear
Driver (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire16 February 2017
No train expect you to know every think treated like some think you would find on the bottom of your shoe management are no help ignore you if you say good morning to them I would stay well clear if your thinking of driving for them
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.

54.3K