DHL Employee Reviews in Peterborough

Found 67 reviews matching the search See all 12,555 reviews
I loved this work
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire29 November 2018
There's a lot going on. DHL has all types of events. People are nice and I felt more than welcome when started working there. The only problem for me is the lack of night shifts.
Picker
Picker (Former Employee) –  Peterborough1 November 2018
I learned quite a lot at my job role as a picker at D.H.L. It was quite enjoyable in my part of the job role i meet some amazing people very friendly and helpful.
Pros
What i Learnt
Cons
Long Hours
Relaxed and friendly workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire7 September 2018
It's not really good workplace in terms of management and benefits (or lack of), but it's a good work environment for someone that want to work in a relaxed environment.
Good place for work
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Peterborough18 June 2018
It, s a good place with a good team , very very friendly managaers and staff, god condition for work. Every body try to help you if you are a new worker,
just another poorly paid warehouse job
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire15 June 2018
most people that work there are not english which is fine but you'll find that its low paid and there is a button to press on the way out and if it goes red you in the side room to see if you've taken anything very annoying at the end of a long shift as there is a line and you are not being paid as you've clocked out... the work is quite easy but very boring indeed
Pros
wile packing sweets you can eat them lol
Cons
low paid xmass temps sacked off whenever they are not needed
Good work place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire28 May 2018
My typical day: i'm coming to work at 6 am , the manager says about health and safety and then we start to work. The salary on DHL and workplace culture is good. DHL doesn't have hard part of the job.
Nice and peaceful workplace
Retail Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire28 April 2018
I learned how to use HHT gun and be more responsible. The hardest part of the job was to keep up with my target which was 100 units per hour. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and working with other people.
Pros
High Security
Cons
1 Break of 30 minutes that cannot be splitted
Trying to be leaders in the field
Warehouse operative/Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Peterborough5 April 2018
Bringing more and up to date equipment took a long time. Would have been better placed had staff on the floor been consulted.
Overall though, you were respected and if you could do the job, were left to get on with it.
Pros
Good hours, good lower management
Cons
No allowance for decision taking.
Very productive and fun working place
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough26 March 2018
A day of work in D.H.L is very normal you get to know alote of peaple everyone is nice to you even when you do something wrong they imideatly show you how to do it right
i just left this job because the agency that I was working stoped calling me to work
Ssometimes fun
Packer, Marshal (Former Employee) –  Peterborough9 March 2018
Tipical distrubution centre, There was huge of work types, thats why there work is interesting and dont need do same work every day , thats make doing this job easy!
Fun place
Flexi Worker (Current Employee) –  Peterborough8 March 2018
I like this place.You have opportunities for many new trainings and to improve youself. There are very friendly staff and all management care for the associates.
Workers not appreciated
Warehouse administration (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire16 February 2018
The management style is not one that I agreed with managers gave the best jobs to their friends not on peoples own merit. More training for management was needed and communication within the company was poor
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor management
Great workplace
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire23 November 2017
Was a very busy workplace
But great people
I have enjoyed working in there
As an administrator, I was busy at all times therefore time was going very quick while at work
Great Place to work, very positive attitude towards DHL
Perpetual Inventory & Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Peterborough15 October 2017
Worked for DHL for some time now and can't say it's a bad place to work. DHL is an expertise in what they do and they treat employees with the respect they so deserve.
enjoy working there
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough City Centre, Cambridgeshire2 August 2017
This very good job i have been work
with them for five month, It was easy job
I was really enjoyed with some team
the job piking and packing , i have more experience
Poor management
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire31 July 2017
Load stock onto the lorries for delivery stores. I learnt how to use a forklift but the license was internal for DHL only. I was given a lot of internal training. Team leaders had poor people skills, lack of knowledge as most got jobs through nepotism, harassment of female staff, reported by numerous people but never dealt with.
Pros
Staff discount at Debenhams stores.
Cons
Good
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire31 July 2017
It was a good place to work with good people. I worked in the warehouse and the managers were very fair and flexible when we had to go to doctors appointments etc
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Wages
Phone sales
Phone sales (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire28 June 2017
Worked here over 17 years ago and from what i remember the job was ok. In an office taking calls and placing orders for CHUBB Fire. No benefits and was just a stop gap.
Nice people
Warehouse Operator (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire2 June 2017
Poor managment
No future here
Step up only as managment collegue
No rotaition in work stations
Overtime is limited mainly in busy periods
No progress in departamnets
Pros
car park
Cons
managment
reviev
Four-month Admin (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire18 April 2017
excellent promo opportunities and good work-life balance Good top management, bring stability and business growth on right track. Work life balance to majority or employee. Good learning ground for experience gain.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.

54.2K