DHL Employee Reviews in Peterborough

Found 64 reviews matching the search See all 12,237 reviews
Good place for work
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Peterborough18 June 2018
It, s a good place with a good team , very very friendly managaers and staff, god condition for work. Every body try to help you if you are a new worker,
just another poorly paid warehouse job
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire15 June 2018
most people that work there are not english which is fine but you'll find that its low paid and there is a button to press on the way out and if it goes red you in the side room to see if you've taken anything very annoying at the end of a long shift as there is a line and you are not being paid as you've clocked out... the work is quite easy but very boring indeed
Pros
wile packing sweets you can eat them lol
Cons
low paid xmass temps sacked off whenever they are not needed
Good work place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire28 May 2018
My typical day: i'm coming to work at 6 am , the manager says about health and safety and then we start to work. The salary on DHL and workplace culture is good. DHL doesn't have hard part of the job.
Nice and peaceful workplace
Retail Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire28 April 2018
I learned how to use HHT gun and be more responsible. The hardest part of the job was to keep up with my target which was 100 units per hour. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and working with other people.
Pros
High Security
Cons
1 Break of 30 minutes that cannot be splitted
Trying to be leaders in the field
Warehouse operative/Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Peterborough5 April 2018
Bringing more and up to date equipment took a long time. Would have been better placed had staff on the floor been consulted.
Overall though, you were respected and if you could do the job, were left to get on with it.
Pros
Good hours, good lower management
Cons
No allowance for decision taking.
Very productive and fun working place
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough26 March 2018
A day of work in D.H.L is very normal you get to know alote of peaple everyone is nice to you even when you do something wrong they imideatly show you how to do it right
i just left this job because the agency that I was working stoped calling me to work
Ssometimes fun
Packer, Marshal (Former Employee) –  Peterborough9 March 2018
Tipical distrubution centre, There was huge of work types, thats why there work is interesting and dont need do same work every day , thats make doing this job easy!
Fun place
Flexi Worker (Current Employee) –  Peterborough8 March 2018
I like this place.You have opportunities for many new trainings and to improve youself. There are very friendly staff and all management care for the associates.
Workers not appreciated
Warehouse administration (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire16 February 2018
The management style is not one that I agreed with managers gave the best jobs to their friends not on peoples own merit. More training for management was needed and communication within the company was poor
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor management
Great workplace
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire23 November 2017
Was a very busy workplace
But great people
I have enjoyed working in there
As an administrator, I was busy at all times therefore time was going very quick while at work
Great Place to work, very positive attitude towards DHL
Perpetual Inventory & Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Peterborough15 October 2017
Worked for DHL for some time now and can't say it's a bad place to work. DHL is an expertise in what they do and they treat employees with the respect they so deserve.
enjoy working there
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough City Centre, Cambridgeshire2 August 2017
This very good job i have been work
with them for five month, It was easy job
I was really enjoyed with some team
the job piking and packing , i have more experience
Poor management
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire31 July 2017
Load stock onto the lorries for delivery stores. I learnt how to use a forklift but the license was internal for DHL only. I was given a lot of internal training. Team leaders had poor people skills, lack of knowledge as most got jobs through nepotism, harassment of female staff, reported by numerous people but never dealt with.
Pros
Staff discount at Debenhams stores.
Cons
Good
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire31 July 2017
It was a good place to work with good people. I worked in the warehouse and the managers were very fair and flexible when we had to go to doctors appointments etc
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Wages
Phone sales
Phone sales (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire28 June 2017
Worked here over 17 years ago and from what i remember the job was ok. In an office taking calls and placing orders for CHUBB Fire. No benefits and was just a stop gap.
Nice people
Warehouse Operator (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire2 June 2017
Poor managment
No future here
Step up only as managment collegue
No rotaition in work stations
Overtime is limited mainly in busy periods
No progress in departamnets
Pros
car park
Cons
managment
reviev
Four-month Admin (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire18 April 2017
excellent promo opportunities and good work-life balance Good top management, bring stability and business growth on right track. Work life balance to majority or employee. Good learning ground for experience gain.
first job in uk
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridge, UK10 April 2017
It was my first time working abroad, had to get used to the British community. I was a picker, where we had a KPI of one item per minute. The first two weeks were rough, as I didn't know the warehouse very well, I had to be almost running to accomplish my duties back there. They had a very bad organisation what didn't really helped the fresh starters. Overall it was a nice place.
will destroy you day life if you pick nights
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire13 March 2017
my job was only at night and all I noticed is half the people there didn't even speak English aswell. but on the plus side if your agency worker then the agency is nice to you.
Not bad for the money
PI operator (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire1 March 2017
DHL is the kind of employer who will advance the people it wants. The way in which you advance is often not just down to your work abilities but to other factors. However as a warehouse operative you are paid quite well for the work you do and better if you are prepared to work antisocial hours shifts. It is a company that wants it's "pound of flesh" and will encourage you to give it. If you are someone who comes to work, does a reasonable job and then goes home you will have a quite and trouble free existence. Don't think career advancement is down to work ethic and abilities otherwise you may be disappointed.
Pros
Not bad pay for what you are required to do
Cons
They want their pound of flesh

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.

54.1K