DHL Employee Reviews in London

Found 61 reviews matching the search See all 12,569 reviews
Market Leader
Service Centre Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 September 2018
Market leader. Work hard play hard. Mad about service. Sometimes they over complicate things. People friendly. Good benefits. Run by German Post Office.
demanding and challeging
First Line Manager (Current Employee) –  London24 September 2018
make sure all staff are present and punctual complete a shift brief and then deal with all issues in a fast paced warehouse environment.
A very diverse workforce, the toughest part of the job is being able to juggle a large number of critical tasks in a very short period of time. the most enjoyable part of the role is no two days are the same everyday comes with new challenges !
Pros
company benefits
Cons
the responsibility of 150 staff members along side the workload
Fun workplace
Catering staff (Former Employee) –  London24 September 2018
Worked for DHL for 3 months. Nice place to work. It's hard working job. Management and staff was very good and appreciated my work. But I was looking for better opportunities
Lovely role
Senior Commercial Finance Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London28 October 2018
I really enjoyed working here and loved it because DHL was an international company and really enjoyed logistics as it was really fun and exciting and gave me a deeper understanding into how accounts work in the logistical world.
Pros
good mng
Cons
distance
Excellent place to work.
HGV Driver (Former Employee) –  Colnbrook London.26 February 2018
Long hours, but didn't seem like long hours.

A typical day consisted of 2 to 3 trips to Heathrow airport, to cater aircraft.

There were strict rules and procedures to abide by, but more than enough training was given.

Lots of downtime and good wages, we were not pushed to work fast they encouraged us to take our time and be careful.
Pros
Free lunch, excellent work environment.
Cons
Long hours.
Daily Work Routine
Desktop Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 January 2018
Typical day starts with unknown problems awaiting for you when arriving at office. Then you start to apply your skills and experience to resolve issues. Managing your work load via GSN ticket system. Work place very friendly and helpful management. The hardest part of my job is keeping my desk tidy as I am often away from it during work hours attending users either on-site or off-site. The most enjoyable part of my work is when I am able to close of problems tickets, keeping my target to plan.
Pros
Hour Lunch and Felxiable working hours
Cons
Expensice to travel to work at times due the train cost
bellow i have outlined the issues and discrepenses which i have seen during my time as an FLM.
First Line Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London24 August 2017
DHL Euston is a great location, however the work load of the first line manager and the salary received, are not in line with the position and its responsibilities being undertaken on a daily basis.
As an FLM we are tasked to run the whole operation and in some cases undertaking ops managers task as well as meeting KPI ensuring customers satisfaction, health and safety/ site security, ensuring staff stay in-line with transport and station rules and regulations.
Pros
central location
Cons
long hours, no assitance from higer managment & no staff benifits for reaching targets.
Great team of people
Transport Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London9 August 2018
I have learnt everything i know about the transport. I met amazing people, my boss was great. he thought me all he knew. I am going to miss my drivers.
Non-inclusive Work Culture
Air Ops/NCG Agent (Former Employee) –  DHL Aviation London Heathrow27 June 2016
. Almost always understaffed
. I learned to multi-task
. Not Modern management culture; "Boys Network Culture" approach to management and career development
. Most Colleagues are helpful and friendly
. The Exclusion Culture especially vis race is really had to take
. Days off
Pros
Free fruit once a week
Cons
Long Hours
Challenging fast workplace that upbeat.
Complaints Advisor - Client Retention (Former Employee) –  London. Heathrow18 October 2012
Compile daily reporting for Board Members and Senior Managers. Time manage new and existing complaints and prioritise to resolution. Daily Managers meeting to discuss outstanding issues and explore fresh ideas to enhance a better customer experience. liaise closely with clients to understand all aspects of concerns being raised and work with them to establish a workable solution and fix any root cause issues. Working with all other departments I have built a healthy working relationship. The awkward element of my position is dealing with complaints raised against internal members of staff, however, all aspects are dealt with using the required levels of confidence. The areas of my work are being able to fully meet the needs of our client and fixing the issues and retaining existing and future business.
Pros
able to work under my own initiative.
Cons
advancing an issue due to my job being unique

Want to know more about DHL?

Ask a question
School for your life
Customer Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 April 2018
DHL was the door for my logistics experience. Its a school for life.
You are challenged every day and they really care about their customer. Its a company that you can trust.
working with customer service within a catering unit at heathrow
Customer Service Support/HR Support London & SE (Current Employee) –  London, ENG22 September 2014
typical day responding to customer complaints via their online complaint system, anaysing data and providing trends to management, working airside with customer, attending meetings, recruitment - internal and external. Enjoy the team spirit and have been part of a new start up with new unit from scratch and new venture for the company.
Hardest part/dislike - data analysis
Pros
private medical
Cons
70-80 hour week, basic salary distance to travel
A very fun place to work
Global Quality and Process Support Manager (Former Employee) –  London4 June 2017
Working here is excellent, as there are so many people from different parts of the world working here you get to learn a little bit of every culture. Very fun.
Pros
Colleagues and management are very friendly
Cons
Far from central London
le management
Export Agent Key Accounts and Life Science (Former Employee) –  london9 February 2018
atmosphère atypique et très agréable.
Management à l'écoute
Pros
convivialité
Materials management administrator on site (Former Employee) –  London13 November 2017
I spent time working for the NHS Royal Brompton trust in an outsourced service to DHL. I learned about the demands of working for the NHS. A typical day ranged from inventory checks to customer service to order taking. The hardest part of the job was to attend to customer service queries. The most enjoyable was to deal with so many dedicated people.
fun working environment with our team members yet hard working and hitting targets every month for our bonus salary
Customer Accountant (Former Employee) –  London11 January 2017
DHL was an amazing experience, i learn so many skills and developed myself within the workplace. The team members were amazing and very helpful. sociable bunch know how to have fun but also work hard to hit KPI's and monthly targets and goals in order to gain our bonus'.
Pros
team lunches, parties
Cons
last working day of the month we worked long hours to hit targets
Fun to work
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  London20 February 2016
Good to work with diversified culture and good management team.Its very authenticated place to work and colleagues are good and seniors are also helpful.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Hard work
Productive workplace with the universal collective.
Stacking packages (Former Employee) –  London18 September 2012
In warehouse I work nine hours on night shift. There I was stacking packages who afterwards delivered to the stores. In this work i learn how to properly and fast stack cases and broaden their knowledge of English. The hardest part of this job was combine stacking skills with planning skills from witch shelf i first have to take cases that my work will be in bigger progress. The most enjoyable part of the job was drive a NP car.
Pros
lunch was not free but food prices were quite low.
sales (Former Employee) –  london23 January 2014
Strong positive culture with a customer focus. Clear direction from senior management of the future and achieving targets for growth.
Enjoyed working with co-workers with pleasant FM music all day long
Forklift driver, Scanning and Packing (Former Employee) –  London, ENG7 November 2013
Was when I was feeling sick but managed to work through the day.

Learned new working skills and techniques from my senior workers.

Management was GOOD.

Co-workers were co-operative and always willing to teach.

Hardest part of the job was lifting heavy parcels to the X-ray machine.

Most enjoyable part of the job was when operating the Forklift.
Pros
Free machine tea, coffie, soup and flavoured drinks
Cons
8hrs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.

54.3K