DHL Employee Reviews in Coventry

Found 46 reviews matching the search See all 12,572 reviews
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Coventry19 March 2018
They are very organised and makes sure that their workers are upbeat. Also they provide breaks and make you feel welcomed. they make sure that their workers are comfortable and not under stress in keeping up with the workload.
fun workplace
ADMINISTRATION CLERK (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands27 February 2018
Scanned documentation and entered it into database.
Obtained scanned records and uploaded them into database.
Produced monthly reports using advanced Excel spreadsheet functions.
Pros
good shift
fun work place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Coventry29 January 2018
very enjoyable work and work place. very friendly people to move.
very light work to do. very helpful people. I enjoyed very well and the work place is very close to my home.
Pros
No free anything
Cons
8 hours
Had a good time
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands30 August 2017
Management & colleagues were all good and cooperative. The atmosphere was so great that you feel like the work place as your second home. Timings were good.
Pros
Good fun
Cons
At times the new management got funny sometimes.
Productive workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Coventry27 August 2017
DHL is a busy workplace where you need to achieve daily targets. Demanding place with really nice supervisors. Good place to work but not a full time job as not every time you get hours and you have to wait for text message which can be stressful.
Pros
Gifts
Cons
Breaks
fast working pace
Customer service, warehouse (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands16 June 2017
DHL is a very good company that help distribute items for cutsormers however the people there were not at the standard i expected and wage was not increasing when they told us it will
productive and fun workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Coventry23 March 2017
within a days work with DHL my duties were to pick, pack, load and unload stocks from lorries I also had to follow out health and safety regulations within the workplace.
I've learnt how to work in a fast paste environment under control and how a warehouse works and regulates the management was wicked I loved every second working there every body understood each others cultures and beliefs and feeling everybody was treated with respect and we all got along with each other it was like we were all family.
Pros
friendly relationships
Cons
busy and noisey
busy but productive
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  coventry13 July 2016
bustling workplace with efficient and productive workers. employees are pleasant to work with. good pay and lots of benefits
Busy, productive lots of training, great team repore
Warehouse Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Coventry6 July 2016
Working nights in a very busy Tyre warehouse with a long established team. Picking and loading large Tyre orders ready for distribution throughout the country. I started as a warehouse operative and progressed to team leader, regularly undertaking various training courses to keep up to date, through the company i undertook my fork, reach and counterbalance truck license through the in-house training program.
On nights it was left to myself and another colleague we never really seen any higher management.
The hardest part of the job was trying to meet expectations due to over ordering and under-stocked.
I really enjoyed working with the night shift team, we had all working there for a long time and became a little family.
Pros
Salary
Cons
cold during winter
friendly people, team working.
Cleaning at height in a cherry picker (Former Employee) –  Coventry1 June 2016
it was dangerous dirty and hard work place but at the same time it was friendly company which they helped each other. the bad thing what i also didn't like in this job was I needed to go 16 feet high up to the racking. but the positive thing was that i was kept busy and i was earning a good salary.
retail
Outlet Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry1 June 2016
A very busy retail ware house, i learned new things like organizing . the hardest part was standing throughout the shift, the most enjoyable part was communicating with different people( multi- cultural) environment
Pros
nothing
Cons
over time
I would not recommend this place work
Truck Operator/ system support (Current Employee) –  Between Rugby and Coventry2 March 2016
- average labor standards
- lack of opportunities to develop
- poor relations between the main office and the rest of the staff
- I would not recommend this place work
Fun workplace
Goods in/out Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Coventry23 February 2016
In a typical day at DHL in this position I fulfilled management tasks of opening and closing the facility, as well as overseeing a staff of between 2- 10 individuals. Throughout the day I completed various administrative duties as well, including answering phones, drafting documents and emails, filing and greeting customers. I also provided strong customer service and resolved customer issues.

I have gain how to manage employees and how to achieve targets.

Management were very supportive as when I required any help they were there and they've also provided some training courses.

Workers were fine and very friendly.

Hardest part of job was sometimes you had to do 12 hrs and also when staff phone in sick you have to step down and cover their duties.

I enjoyed being part of team and loved working with systems that were involved in the inventory.
Dhl
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Coventry14 February 2016
A good opportunity for me as my first job in England.

Location is not the easiest to travel to for early shift starts.

Public transport could be better
One of the Best Experiences
Training Development Colleague (Former Employee) –  Coventry, ENG16 January 2016
I have been selected to be a superuser for one of the projects for Sainsbury's. This is the first time I steped out of my comfort zone and learned a lot about various different processes within the site and gained great insight in warehouse management and control systems.
worked like a robot
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  coventry1 May 2015
I didn't stay at this workplace for very long due to me not enjoying this placement. They had deadlines that there was not much chance of us completing which meant a lot of strain on both me and my fellow colleagues .
Cons
deadlines that to hard to reach
Productive and Enjoyable place to work
Warehouse Operative, Senior Stock Handler (Former Employee) –  Coventry, ENG27 April 2015
I have gain a lot throughout my career at DHL. I have learnt how important is team work to get a job done efficiently and quickly. I have also learnt that team work is essential for a business to be successful. While learning about team working, I have also learnt to work with my own initiative.
enjoyable
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Coventry, ENG15 April 2015
good enjoyed it very much
free lunch
free car park space
free locker
free uniform
good pay
free boots and gloves
good management
good place to work
SUPPLY CHAIN CO-ORDINATOR, DHL SUPPLY CHAIN (Former Employee) –  coventry6 April 2015
Good place to work, people were supportive and also enjoyed the everyday challenges from the customer and was always went the extra mile to ensure the customer received a good level of service.
Pros
good team
Cons
great people but there were problems
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Coventry, ENG12 March 2015
My fellow workmates were a good bunch, but some of the management could do with learning people skills.
A typical day started at either 6am or 2pm and could be quite manic for the first few hours but once settled in it all ran like clockwork

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.

54.3K