DHL Employee Reviews in Birmingham

Found 78 reviews matching the search See all 12,576 reviews
Good Pay, Toxic Workplace
Warehouse Operative/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands12 June 2018
The job was very mixed for me I worked as a temp for DHL and the pay and holidays were excellent however the job itself was easy but it had points where it was difficult which I welcomed however the way management treated you or what they expected of individuals because of the pay was completely unfair and toxic and towards the end I hated it but the pay had you stuck there.

The culture was cloak and dagger everybody was out to get each other and there was constant backstabbing and the agency's were a joke, they had individuals there for 3 years plus when originally we was only supposed to be temp for 6 months and I was agency for 2 years and then they got rid of me due to lowered production which was lie because 1 week later after they got rid of many long timers they employed loads of new staff to avoid giving out contracts.
Pros
Good pay, Short shifts
Cons
Toxic, Management, Workplace Culture
Great Teams but bad senior management
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands16 May 2018
Had the pleasure of leading some great team leaders and supervisors through DHL's automotive sequencing arm at 3 different sites. The guys at shop floor level were some of the best I ever worked with. This however was sadly marred by bullying senior managers, site managers and the old boys club that has existed amongst the rotation of JLR's 3PL providers over the years.

One site in particular is notorious for it's bully boy culture which victimises meant employees unless they 'get on board' with the existing regime. A real shame as it stifled some brilliant minds, ideas and genuinely brilliant teams.
Pros
Great teams of shop floor guys
Cons
Bad management culture
Busy workplace with average management.
INVENTORY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Birmingham18 September 2018
typical day would be; clocking into work, performing handover duties with previous shift, assessing and evaluating inventory around the warehouse to see if everything is okay etc, Creating reports concerning parts that went missing or had been stolen, damaged.
Pros
salary and extra bonuses
Cons
unfeasible shift patterns
I am a good team leader and fit in anywhere
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands14 September 2018
I have previous experience and enjoy working with others. I am also at college but willing to work. I have 7 GCSEs and I’m currently studying at Walsall college completing my last year of law. Once I am done I would like to work full time.
Cons
Lacking a real, driven management structure
First Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands18 July 2018
Management really will be the downfall to this company. From small things such as employee queries to being subject to incorrect payments, management always seemed as clueless as the person seeking help from them.
Pros
overtime more a less every time requested
Cons
insufficient pay for the work carired out.
trash
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands5 November 2018
working here is complete trash they are always looking for ways to sack you and mess around with your shift and role in the company along with making you work like a dog and not giving you a chance to even eat lunch with 15 mins brakes takes 10 mins just to walk to the canteen because its too far away from your working station.
Pros
Cons
to much
Overall it is a exciting and active environment to work in with great people
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands1 January 2018
A typical day at work consisted of collecting and delivering parts to the production line, in doing so you become very familiar of all the parts as well the make and model of the vehicles.

Being that it is a very large place to work there are various different sections with there own managers and team leaders. My personal experience with management has been that they are passionate about what they do and are always willing to help.

i think that the hardest part about the job role is adjusting to the rotational shifts, having to work a different shift every week it takes some getting use to.

The most enjoyable part about the job is being able to drive around to different areas and sections to collect or deliver parts.
Recommended, good wages
MHE operator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands2 May 2018
Very good company, friendly, very good management, clear rules in work, safety first, very good training provided, wages is good monthly minimum £1400 to pocket
Pros
safety
Cons
Ok to work for but no feed back or communication from managers on performace .
Counterbalance Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands27 December 2017
Very poor management of personal and very poor communications skills very poor feed back on any jobs, health and safety rules only apply when it suits them, no achievement or pat on the back for doing a good job all in very poor management of personal.
Pros
Good pension scheme amd pay.
Cons
Very poor people skills.
Excellent place to work wonderful staff
Order picker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG16 May 2015
A typical day at work was very organised and I learned a lot how to become quicker and more reliable in my work. The management were very helpful always giving praise for good work in the team briefings and always around to help with any issues raised.
My co workers were fantastic and helpful as I was new to the automotive industry. I enjoyed every thing about this job but the hardest part was having to leave because of a fractured hand.
Pros
Freindly helpful team to work with
Cons
Having to leave
productive and fun workplace
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  birmingham21 May 2018
nice working environment and I easily got through the working hours and the challenges that could have come.I also learned that punctuality and flexibility you can get along with.
Good foundations to company
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham8 May 2018
Enjoyed working there the people was great and the diversity in both people and my daily tasks was great. My daily tasks could include driving fork lift trucks or sequencing parts.
Pros
People
Cons
Longest working day was a Friday
Interesting experience.
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG25 February 2015
I have been working there as a picker and that taught me how to work in a warehouse, typically I spent most of the day picking orders for online shop and doing other small tasks if managers asked for them. Management was good, helpful and always gave directions on how to do things. Coworkers were really helpful and friendly, from all corners of the world. Hardest part of the job was walking for first week, while I was unaccustomed to it and the most enjoyable part was when I could help inventory while working with computers.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
No job security
fun work place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham3 November 2017
come 2 work early
2come on time
management was alright
2never make a mistake as it could cost the company lot of money
and the money was really good so that was really nice
Pros
we could go out bye food in the breakes
Cons
8hours
great colleagues
Finance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands12 February 2018
Working in this role there was excellent support from colleagues and the managers were very helpful. Lovely environment to work in and departments would mix and engage in conversation
Decent place to work
Transport planner (Current Employee) –  Birmingham30 July 2013
Good place to work, staff come and stay due to good environment and benefits, quite flexible, parts of management good other parts need work, overall good.
Pros
flexibility
fun friemdly work place
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands14 May 2017
Brilliant company to work for with many perks. Fun friendly office
on site parking,canteen on sight, excellent management team, flexible working hours
Pros
discounted food free ice cream
Hate it
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands9 March 2017
Long hours and low number of staff, supervisors do not train new members properly and deduct salary from pay if you make a mistake. qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq
great benefits
bay Marshall (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands7 September 2017
Great salary and benefits .shift patterns which may not suit all but friendly place to work with good opportunitys.great holidays and pension scheme so have everything covered when you work for them.
Pros
salary
Cons
shifts
no progress, dead end job
Operative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham28 October 2012
a cheap cog in a cheap mechanism .. easily disposed of .. not valued as a individual or part of the team

no progress .. short-term fix to bring income in but not a career for a family man
Pros
no experience or qualifications needed
Cons
long hours, poor work conditions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.

54.3K