DHL Employee Reviews in Birmingham

Found 76 reviews matching the search See all 12,237 reviews
I am a good team leader and fit in anywhere
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands14 September 2018
I have previous experience and enjoy working with others. I am also at college but willing to work. I have 7 GCSEs and I’m currently studying at Walsall college completing my last year of law. Once I am done I would like to work full time.
Cons
Lacking a real, driven management structure
First Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands18 July 2018
Management really will be the downfall to this company. From small things such as employee queries to being subject to incorrect payments, management always seemed as clueless as the person seeking help from them.
Pros
overtime more a less every time requested
Cons
insufficient pay for the work carired out.
Good Pay, Toxic Workplace
Warehouse Operative/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands12 June 2018
The job was very mixed for me I worked as a temp for DHL and the pay and holidays were excellent however the job itself was easy but it had points where it was difficult which I welcomed however the way management treated you or what they expected of individuals because of the pay was completely unfair and toxic and towards the end I hated it but the pay had you stuck there.

The culture was cloak and dagger everybody was out to get each other and there was constant backstabbing and the agency's were a joke, they had individuals there for 3 years plus when originally we was only supposed to be temp for 6 months and I was agency for 2 years and then they got rid of me due to lowered production which was lie because 1 week later after they got rid of many long timers they employed loads of new staff to avoid giving out contracts.
Pros
Good pay, Short shifts
Cons
Toxic, Management, Workplace Culture
productive and fun workplace
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  birmingham21 May 2018
nice working environment and I easily got through the working hours and the challenges that could have come.I also learned that punctuality and flexibility you can get along with.
Great Teams but bad senior management
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands16 May 2018
Had the pleasure of leading some great team leaders and supervisors through DHL's automotive sequencing arm at 3 different sites. The guys at shop floor level were some of the best I ever worked with. This however was sadly marred by bullying senior managers, site managers and the old boys club that has existed amongst the rotation of JLR's 3PL providers over the years.

One site in particular is notorious for it's bully boy culture which victimises meant employees unless they 'get on board' with the existing regime. A real shame as it stifled some brilliant minds, ideas and genuinely brilliant teams.
Pros
Great teams of shop floor guys
Cons
Bad management culture
Good foundations to company
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham8 May 2018
Enjoyed working there the people was great and the diversity in both people and my daily tasks was great. My daily tasks could include driving fork lift trucks or sequencing parts.
Pros
People
Cons
Longest working day was a Friday
Recommended, good wages
MHE operator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands2 May 2018
Very good company, friendly, very good management, clear rules in work, safety first, very good training provided, wages is good monthly minimum £1400 to pocket
Pros
safety
great colleagues
Finance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands12 February 2018
Working in this role there was excellent support from colleagues and the managers were very helpful. Lovely environment to work in and departments would mix and engage in conversation
Overall it is a exciting and active environment to work in with great people
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands1 January 2018
A typical day at work consisted of collecting and delivering parts to the production line, in doing so you become very familiar of all the parts as well the make and model of the vehicles.

Being that it is a very large place to work there are various different sections with there own managers and team leaders. My personal experience with management has been that they are passionate about what they do and are always willing to help.

i think that the hardest part about the job role is adjusting to the rotational shifts, having to work a different shift every week it takes some getting use to.

The most enjoyable part about the job is being able to drive around to different areas and sections to collect or deliver parts.
Ok to work for but no feed back or communication from managers on performace .
Counterbalance Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands27 December 2017
Very poor management of personal and very poor communications skills very poor feed back on any jobs, health and safety rules only apply when it suits them, no achievement or pat on the back for doing a good job all in very poor management of personal.
Pros
Good pension scheme amd pay.
Cons
Very poor people skills.
Fun workplace
Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands14 December 2017
Excellent place to work
Good pay
Helpful and supportive
Just the rotational shift patterns has a effect on health but apart from that a highly recommended place to work at
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Rotational Shift patterns
busy place
Logistic Operative (Current Employee) –  Birmingham7 December 2017
Im always very focused and accurate at work the most enjoyable part is when the buffer goes higher and higher that makes me very proud. I've learned lot of thing in logistic industry.
It’was very friendly environment
Warehouse Operative 15 years (Former Employee) –  Birmingham19 November 2017
I would love to work as team player and use my experience to learn and improve my experience to help as a team and to share my ideas with others and to keep up good work
fun workplace
Packer and picker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham16 November 2017
a typical day at work, go into canteen discuss previous day, explain any special orders that are being brought in, a talk with the manager, talk with colleagues, hardest part of the job sorting the international and national orders.
Pros
work colleagues
Cons
repeatative, unrewarding
fun work place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham3 November 2017
come 2 work early
2come on time
management was alright
2never make a mistake as it could cost the company lot of money
and the money was really good so that was really nice
Pros
we could go out bye food in the breakes
Cons
8hours
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands14 September 2017
Working at DHL is productive and good and there are added benefits. The job offers a variety of things to do around the office, i.e stamping and sorting papers.
productive fun place
Automotive Operations- Material Planner (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands11 September 2017
everyday is differs. your are looked after and they are flexible around your home life. my colleagues are great and I am well respected. a brilliant place to work.
great benefits
bay Marshall (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands7 September 2017
Great salary and benefits .shift patterns which may not suit all but friendly place to work with good opportunitys.great holidays and pension scheme so have everything covered when you work for them.
Pros
salary
Cons
shifts
Despatch Clerk (Former Employee) –  Birmingham2 August 2017
The hardest part about the job is the shift patterns, because you have to alter your body clock to the shifts, management could do with more training.
fun friemdly work place
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands14 May 2017
Brilliant company to work for with many perks. Fun friendly office
on site parking,canteen on sight, excellent management team, flexible working hours
Pros
discounted food free ice cream
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.

54.1K