Here to help

DHL Employee Reviews

United Kingdom2,674 reviews
Found 2,674 reviews matching the search
great place to work
great colleagues, some great managers, caring and helpful, understanding, job tasks varied. worked in teams mainly, good atmosphere, daily briefing sad to leave.
Pros
Union run learning center.
Cons
no bank holidays, weekends on some shifts.
- Good benefits

- Plenty of different job roles to do (inventory checker, inbound, despatch, picker, etc).

- Lots of opportunities for development in the form of training and apprenticeships if you have the drive to take them on.

- I have seen plenty of people work their way up the company (e.g. go from picker to desk controller, as well as desk controller to FL Manager).

- Colleagues are nice people to talk to and work with. Managers are great as well.

- Can be hard work at times but I enjoy it.
Long hours.
Bad management.
Rude and sarcastic. Bullying, and favouritism.

Will purposely say your trailer or vehicle isn't loaded or ready to go out. Have you sitting there on poa for hours up to 6 hour's then say you have got to go to Trowbridge or Southampton.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Bad management, making the job stressful.
Easy Job, Terrible Culture
The job itself is very straightforward with the majority of tasks being learnt within a day or two. The management depends on who you get and what shift you are on. Some expect you to do too much work and others are friendly and understanding.
The worst thing about the job is the workplace culture where you have to be strong minded to work hard and do an honest days work. Too many people care too little.
Goodvplace to work for if you like sales
Involves a 8hour day constantly on the phone speaking to customers and business and also trying to speak to couriers, encouraging new business and upselling the business. Good company to work for.
heavy lifting and stressfull and no time to relax
its a very bad environment to be in. the supervisor is always on their phone playing games and makes all the agency workers work the hardest compared to the permanent workers. the money isn't well for the job as it is very hard and isn't worth working there.
Very easy interview nice company ti work for
Problems are solved pretty quick mainly the same day they do oblige if there are 2 people from same household working in same place to do the same shift as long as you keep.company informed of your absence they are fine they value their staff I have had no problem with them
I like to put ma efert in tame work to make the job easy
Am Filimon, I have been 2 years in the
Uk, I studied some collage, open mind to know new things, I like to cooperate peolpe and making new friends .

Am honest and hard worker in indvidual and tame work.

Am pactual and am friendly, have good comnication with respect personal aspects.
contract work
Able to work on your own , paid on time although minor mistakes. God bonus retention scheme but difficulty when claiming it . Dont incure any expenses you need to claim back as the way they process them and pay them you could be dead first.
Very fast paced
Non stop targets always changing, no day the same differcult to plan ahead due to shifting work load. Targets that were set were not always achivable with the staff levels we had which made the work place inviroment unhealthy. The mangerment team was not interested in the welfare of the teams just production.
Hard work
I worked here only one day as I quit after my trial shift. As a girl, it was hard for me to lift heavy objects such as furniture (tables, chairs), metal parts, carpets. And I was told that was the easiest job I could be allocated. Worked 6 hours instead of 9 as all the work was already finished. They sent my friend home because they already had too many people. Very dusty environment, a lot of people wearing face masks, blew my nose at home and the tissue was black.

The night shift is underpaid compared to night shifts at other warehouses.
Pros
Very friendly people
Cons
Majority only men, very dusty, tiring job
Loading of goods.working here in such a atmosphere a quite good . Even the colleague's are friendly . But the salary is not as per my expectations .I learned many goods goods things.
Satisfactory
Overall a good company to work for, lots of on job training across different contracts, overtime available if required, friendly colleagues , good job satisfaction
Dhl Panasonic
To much rules, DHL policies and health and safety rules so inadequate, wage nearly minimum, bad organisation, poor management, work is rarely hard and they want you to have to much skills.
Was good
The work there was of many types but which I get was loading and that was hard for me because there was too much dust.
They haven’t give my mask. Work was heavy
Fast paced, management are poor under skilled
No work life balance, management put more and more on you, expectations to high, no leadership with ops managers, supervisors slack in their work and get away with it
Manager DHL
Good place for beginners and many oportunities, recommend it
Pros
Safe job
Cons
Hardwork but good place to work and great people
A decent place to work , can be hard work and a lot expected but is rewarding and the people are great , good salaries and benefits for staff including staff discounts and a bonus scheme introduced this year
Process driven organization.
My experience of working at DHL, was overall a pleasant one. The company is process driven and is aiming to standardize all processes;l this will help all employees to move around the various DHL contracts.
Pros
Opportunities to learn new skills
Cons
Amount of travelling
Was a fun workplace
like life in the past 25 years the job and job culture has changed.Its all just numbers now.Get as much done in the fastest and cheapest way by cutting as many corners as you can.
DHL is a productive company
DHL is an excellent company to work for, each contract has it's own good and bad points. DHL has a very good training program for staff members to develop new skills to develop their careers furthermore