DHL Employee Reviews

Poor work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Langley Mill18 June 2018
The work was very inconsistent, and due to issues with specific managers, I was often sidelined in regards to positions. Also the lack of English working force made it difficult to communicate and work with others, especially when working in teams on specific shifts.

When started I was promised full time work for the starting few weeks, instead had 2 days a week work for 6 weeks.
Cons
poor work offers
Productive and fun.
Customs Officer (Former Employee) –  London Colney18 June 2018
Very good work place, helped me build up some important attributes in a work environment. Assisted me with broad range of leadership and managerial attributes.
Pros
Easy to get there
Cons
Not enough hours
just another poorly paid warehouse job
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire15 June 2018
most people that work there are not english which is fine but you'll find that its low paid and there is a button to press on the way out and if it goes red you in the side room to see if you've taken anything very annoying at the end of a long shift as there is a line and you are not being paid as you've clocked out... the work is quite easy but very boring indeed
Pros
wile packing sweets you can eat them lol
Cons
low paid xmass temps sacked off whenever they are not needed
Not worked here long
Supply Chain Assistant (Current Employee) –  England15 June 2018
Ok company to work for.
People did not stay in their jobs long enough.
I did not learn anything from DHL.
Management listen but do nothing about issues.
Busy Busy Busy
Courier (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire13 June 2018
A very fast paced job.
Get in to the warehouse and unload the lorry as it comes in, Then lay out your parcels in the route that is best to take. Safely stack it in your van and head out making your deliveries and collections along your route, trying to stick to your scheduled pick up times.
Pros
fast paced job, friendly customers
Cons
Non stop work
used to be a brilliant place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Castle Donington12 June 2018
the company used to be a brilliant place to work but new management has turned the place into a machine. high staff turn over. team managers are amazing people, but they dont have the support to help teams.
good workplace
big company (Former Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex12 June 2018
World's largest and most innovative employers.Global company that values diversity,ambition and collaborative can do atitude.And that offers you all the support you need to make your career as rewarding as possible.
Good Pay, Toxic Workplace
Warehouse Operative/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands12 June 2018
The job was very mixed for me I worked as a temp for DHL and the pay and holidays were excellent however the job itself was easy but it had points where it was difficult which I welcomed however the way management treated you or what they expected of individuals because of the pay was completely unfair and toxic and towards the end I hated it but the pay had you stuck there.

The culture was cloak and dagger everybody was out to get each other and there was constant backstabbing and the agency's were a joke, they had individuals there for 3 years plus when originally we was only supposed to be temp for 6 months and I was agency for 2 years and then they got rid of me due to lowered production which was lie because 1 week later after they got rid of many long timers they employed loads of new staff to avoid giving out contracts.
Pros
Good pay, Short shifts
Cons
Toxic, Management, Workplace Culture
Warehouse operative
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Kilwinning10 June 2018
Horrible management and Bad hours working from 2-10 didn’t allow me to really have a life but the pay was pretty good for how easy the work was but apart from that I wouldn’t want to work with this company again
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else
Good
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Cirencester, Gloucestershire9 June 2018
Good working environment. Able to progress when you want to. Given good responsibilities and learn fast on the job. Also have the option to develop new skills.
Welcoming environment
Class 2 Driver (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire7 June 2018
I worked for DHLtradeteam for a few months( August-October 2017). I have to say that I found my colleagues to be very pleasant and generally a joy to work with. I decided to leave as at the time they had taken on a big new contract and it was a bit disorganised which I found difficult to deal with as I had come from a industry of scheduled timed work and to be honest I missed being in a shirt and tie. I had no doubts they would get it sorted and from speaking to my ex colleagues have discovered that is the case.
I found all levels of management to be extremely friendly, helpful, approachable and hands on.
Pros
Weekends off, not bad money and friendly staff.
Cons
Expect to get dirty, took too long processing P45 so was on emergency tax my whole time there
DHL Morrisons Magna Park
Temporary Staff (Former Employee) –  Lutterworth, Leicestershire6 June 2018
Worst place ever, there is no communication between operatives and management, most of the FLMs are rude and without experience, they don't know how to treat people and because of them the job became hard and stressful.
Lastly even though there is a recycling unit, there are no employees for cleaning the warehouse.
Cons
Management, Roster, Facilities, Hygiene
goodpay
CLASS2 driver (Current Employee) –  Bury, Greater Manchester5 June 2018
very easy job once your on the road ,you feel proud to work for a company as big as dhl,the pay is really good for the work you do anything from 1 drop to 7 drops a day
Pros
easy job
Cons
working any 5 out of 7
Fun workplace and productive
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Stirling5 June 2018
Friendly environment
Excellent health and safety
Excellent pay with extras hours when needed
Dealing with heavy metal products ( Land Rover)
Night shift rota
Pros
Lots of overtime
A great place to work .
Desk clerk (Current Employee) –  Swindon4 June 2018
Being a distraction centre ,we start by tipping followed by receiving then binning on right slot .Then we do pick as per the stores order .Then once picked it goes to the despatch area where sortation is done and send to the right store .
Pros
A great chance to work if you seek for a growth in your leadership skill
Cons
Sometimes need to work 10 days continuous.
Overall good company to work for, some particular sites management don't practise what they preach
SENIOR SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Heathrow, Greater London4 June 2018
Look forward everyday to meet the team, everyday is a new challenge which makes it even more interesting and satisfying.

Management, however, need to walk the talk instead of just doing tick box exercises and not keep their promises.

Great " can do" attitude on a daily basis by the team, very good team spirit.

Hardest part of the job is building the bridge between what is expected from senior management and what staff can actually do.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the mutual respect between warehouse staff and their direct line managers.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
blame culture
Warehouse operative
Warehouseman (Current Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands4 June 2018
rotation shift MHE licences required how to work efficiently land rover supply chain dropping parts off to line hardset part of job is the rotaion shift and sticking to timelimit to lineside.
Pros
load of overtime
Cons
no onsite parking
Excellent Company & Diverse Culture
Frontline Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Castle Donington, Leicestershire3 June 2018
DHL is full of advisors from different aspects and diverse cultures. They all understand in different manners. The cafeteria and restaurant provide succulent food from different cuisines like Mexican, Chinese, Indian and Friday Chip Shop. People of all ages range from school leavers to pensioners. Annual reviews at the start of every new year in January are exceptional as they give you the targets you need to reach; plus sometimes even a pay rise like my peers had a rise of £4000. You need to work at DHL CS to feel the difference, to experience it. You need to feel it to believe it.
Pros
30 minutes Lunch. Lenient on lates (1-5mins).
Cons
Not much. Gridlock Car Parks (2CP).
Good work place
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire28 May 2018
My typical day: i'm coming to work at 6 am , the manager says about health and safety and then we start to work. The salary on DHL and workplace culture is good. DHL doesn't have hard part of the job.
Job satisfaction and friendly
Multi Drop Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex27 May 2018
Very friendly and good job satisfaction and freedom to plan your day on a daily basis. Management always of great assistance if problems arose. Flexible hours.
Pros
Meeting general public
Cons
Working in terrible weather

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.

53.9K