DHL Employee Reviews

Found 1,927 reviews matching the search See all 12,719 reviews
Carrer progression
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire21 June 2018
I have had the opportunity while working with DHL to progress to my current role & have enjoyed the experience this role has given me. DHL give you opportunities to progress & also gain experience by learning new things with training onsite & offsite which helps you & DHL move forward.

The work place culture is very much focused on Health & Safety & the diversity of its workforce making sure all management / colleagues have the right training to cover all aspects of the roles that need to be carried out. As said DHL holds diversity at the top of its list within its workforce & all colleagues are given the opportunity to progress with the training given.

I have enjoyed my time at DHL & look for a new challenge closer to home.
Pros
Competative wage
Cons
Productive and good working environment
Courier / Gateway Agent / Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  North London, Greater London5 January 2019
I enjoyed working with DHL and have been very dedicated to my duties. DHL values our work and recognizes and awards our hard work.

The team I worked with were friendly, however, some of the management in the workplace showed their lack of enthusiasm for their role, which sometimes made work difficult. However, I loved working as part of a team and helping out my colleagues something I often do.
Pros
Good entertainment
Cons
Overall good company to work for, some particular sites management don't practise what they preach
SENIOR SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Heathrow, Greater London4 June 2018
Look forward everyday to meet the team, everyday is a new challenge which makes it even more interesting and satisfying.

Management, however, need to walk the talk instead of just doing tick box exercises and not keep their promises.

Great " can do" attitude on a daily basis by the team, very good team spirit.

Hardest part of the job is building the bridge between what is expected from senior management and what staff can actually do.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the mutual respect between warehouse staff and their direct line managers.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
blame culture
Proud to work at DHL
HR Business Resolution Manager (Current Employee) –  Home Based6 August 2018
Regional HR Resolution Manager supporting managers with all ER issues. Travelling to sites within the Midlands region supporting and coaching management and utilising my skills. I have to interact with all levels from colleague to senior manager
I have gained a lot of confidence whilst in this role and have been constantly up skilled and I keep up to date with any changes employment law
The culture within DHL is excellent and they always like to promote from within whenever possible
The hardest part of the role can be the isolation, my team only meet once a month and most of the communication is over the phone or email
The most enjoyable part is meeting new people and imparting my knowledge
Pros
Managing my own time
Cons
Isolation
Interesting
Senior Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands6 November 2018
Varied work life, Plenty of opportunities to progress and take your career in the direction you want.Developed management style to fit. Have worked with people from all four corners of the globe.
Pros
annual bonus, huge company
A Good Company Overall
Senior Information Management Expert (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire11 July 2018
Overall a good company to work for, however, they view things in terms of roles and not people, which is common these days. This does mean that you are a definite cog in the machine and therefore DHL are reluctant to move you, especially if you are vital to a process.

Management Structure is notoriously unstable and your reporting line can be upended as the wind changes

Most people are routinely underpaid, overtime is not a thing, in the past the counter to this was that the bonus was exceptional and in recent years this has been less and less true.

There is a well known and used trick to advance in DHL. Leave and come back 2 years later on twice the pay.

That having been said, day to day line management is exceptional, the work culture is fantastic and there is a genuine sense of camaraderie throughout the organisation.
Transport Admin (Former Employee) –  Wellingborough, Northamptonshire17 August 2018
Good place to work, you were encouraged to learn new skills to help you further your career.
Friendly and open management style with an open door policy in regards to any issues you may have had.
Very supportive team
Pros
on site canteen
Challenging but customer-centric organisation
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Rugby, Warwickshire9 October 2018
Management at DHL are continually focused on Health and Safety and following the global strategy. Balance between results and rewards varies between contracts, countries and customers.
Pros
Free parking, uniform and progression opportunities
Cons
Long hours, Customer contracts that lose money, very layered management structure
Good Pay, Toxic Workplace
Warehouse Operative/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands12 June 2018
The job was very mixed for me I worked as a temp for DHL and the pay and holidays were excellent however the job itself was easy but it had points where it was difficult which I welcomed however the way management treated you or what they expected of individuals because of the pay was completely unfair and toxic and towards the end I hated it but the pay had you stuck there.

The culture was cloak and dagger everybody was out to get each other and there was constant backstabbing and the agency's were a joke, they had individuals there for 3 years plus when originally we was only supposed to be temp for 6 months and I was agency for 2 years and then they got rid of me due to lowered production which was lie because 1 week later after they got rid of many long timers they employed loads of new staff to avoid giving out contracts.
Pros
Good pay, Short shifts
Cons
Toxic, Management, Workplace Culture
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Bury, Greater Manchester21 November 2018
A very nice place to work, people are friendly, flexible hours and a very good team of management. i will recommend this job to anyone, have a go and you wont regret your decision, trust me you wont regret
Pros
Cons
free car parking
Poor if your agency.
Fixed Term Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  UK15 August 2018
Thrown in at the deep end despite being told I'd recieve training. There's a huge boys culture in there.
No benefits - long hours - lots of hassle. VERYYY LONG HOURS
Poor leadership
Transport planner/Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Ebbw Vale, Blaenau Gwent2 October 2018
No concept of health and safety. Poor management structure especially in Ebbw Vale. Site manager happy to abuse his role to suite his narrow minded views. Not what you'd expect from well known leading company in logistics. Happy to put people's health at risk.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Management/ Health safety
Avoid at all costs
Operational Lead (Former Employee) –  Thetford, Norfolk7 January 2019
Honestly this is the worst company i have ever worked for!! They let ‘certain’ staff get away with absolutly disgusting behaviour, no support business wise, even when i was rushed into hospital and had to have surgery i was asked to come in to work!! I then quit and they didnt pay me yet advised HMRC they had paid me therefore causing me serious financial difficulties right before and after christmas!! Everyone is out for themselves and will betray you at any given chance!! Disgusting management techniques and no discipline even when staff are blatantly disobeying rules and policies!! Joke of a company!!!
Pros
Nothing!!
Cons
Everything!!
Job security
Transport/Driver (Current Employee) –  Rugby, Warwickshire30 October 2018
DHL employees have a good job security even though their pay is not great. They also introduce training programmes to give opportunities to employees to upgrade and refresh in their qualifications.
Pros
very diverse
Cons
Great Teams but bad senior management
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands16 May 2018
Had the pleasure of leading some great team leaders and supervisors through DHL's automotive sequencing arm at 3 different sites. The guys at shop floor level were some of the best I ever worked with. This however was sadly marred by bullying senior managers, site managers and the old boys club that has existed amongst the rotation of JLR's 3PL providers over the years.

One site in particular is notorious for it's bully boy culture which victimises meant employees unless they 'get on board' with the existing regime. A real shame as it stifled some brilliant minds, ideas and genuinely brilliant teams.
Pros
Great teams of shop floor guys
Cons
Bad management culture
good atmosphere, good place to work
Telecommunication dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Normanton8 August 2018
great place to work, enjoyable, good atmosphere, good team of people. Chances to advance and good management. good work life balance as there was no weekend shift unless overtime. overall good place to work. Worst thing is there was no on site food, only vending machines.
Pros
great atmosphere and great team
Cons
No on site canteen
Perfect place to work if you are ok with complicated internal politics and average salary.
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Daventry18 January 2018
Personally I have a good working environment. Office with Air Condition and my own desk.
Management: Few incompetent managers with lack of knowledge who doesn't care what people like me, on the bottom of the food chain, doing for this company.
Workplace culture: I've noticed that sometimes salary has nothing to do with competences. Peoples who earns a lot, have less knowledge/skills than others who work hard for them.
The hardest part of the job: To deal with incompetent people who earns much more than me.
The most enjoyable part of the job: A lot of freedom in what I’m doing.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Below average salary.
Great security and pay
Warehouse Operative/Picker (Current Employee) –  Scunthorpe16 August 2018
DHL is great place to work in terms of job security and pay/benefits.
Unfortunately it's very tightly run which is great for customers but can be stressful for employees. Also the demand for compulsory overtime can impact on your personal life.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Security
Cons
Overtime, stressful
Relaxed and friendly workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire7 September 2018
It's not really good workplace in terms of management and benefits (or lack of), but it's a good work environment for someone that want to work in a relaxed environment.
Fast Paced
Health and Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  West Midlands11 October 2018
No two days are the same. Excellent employee benefits and fantastic advancement opportunities. High level of training standards. Safety is always a top priority

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.

54.3K