DHL Employee Reviews

Productive and good work place
Warehouse Operative, Picking and Packing (Current Employee) –  Rugby, valley cross valley road M315 October 2018
1. Picking packing, driving with MLOP
2.-3. Helping to others,give information about picking work scanners.
4. work place clear and ready to work.
5. on the areas not enough Large bins, for shrink wrap and other wood pieces from pallets.
6. For the moment everything is fine.
Pros
lunches taking from home
Cons
8 hr's
No comment
Temporary agency employee (Current Employee) –  Euston12 October 2018
This company is only good when you arrive in the UK and are in dire need of getting a first job in order to pay your first rent and stand on your feet. After this is achieved, you should leave quickly.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Discrimination and racism
Fast Paced
Health and Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  West Midlands11 October 2018
No two days are the same. Excellent employee benefits and fantastic advancement opportunities. High level of training standards. Safety is always a top priority
Rubish
Mhe drivef (Former Employee) –  Solibull9 October 2018
Money ain't to bad,management are lazy,always outside smoking,when there's a a problem it takes 5 of them to come along all scratching there heads because they ain't got a clue.if your lazy apply for this job and in 6 months your be senior management.
Pros
Cons
Poor leadership
Challenging but customer-centric organisation
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Rugby, Warwickshire9 October 2018
Management at DHL are continually focused on Health and Safety and following the global strategy. Balance between results and rewards varies between contracts, countries and customers.
Pros
Free parking, uniform and progression opportunities
Cons
Long hours, Customer contracts that lose money, very layered management structure
Potential to be a great place to work
Warehouse operative (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire9 October 2018
For the most part a great place to work. However some things are definitely in need of improvement. A lot of working systems are out dated and no one seems to want to improve or change them.
Pros
Well known company
Cons
Behind the times
It use to be a good place to work but it’s changed
HGV Driver (Current Employee) –  Bristol8 October 2018
It’s not a bad company to work for on the site where I work we deliver to all the Sainsbury’s stores in the south west area we deliver all the fresh produce,ambient,frozen goods to all the stores .ive been there fifteen years and fancy a change
Pros
Long service gifts
Cons
Working all over Christmas period Easter period
Clicky and backstabbing
Warehouse Operative (Agency) (Former Employee) –  Telford, UK7 October 2018
I had the miss fortune of working at DHL rofjt from the get go your made to feel like you are worthless compared to the click that surounds the company. And God help if you actually know what your talking about because then your seen as a trouble maker and they make up stuff about your work ethic. Horrendous place to work. If you want to end up doubting yourself and fancy a bit of mental health issues then go to DHL they can have you there in no time.
Pros
Cons
Just terrible place to work
exciting, fun and sense of purpose
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire7 October 2018
I really enjoyed working at DHL, everyday was exciting and productive, I enjoyed working in a team and meeting deadlines early which give you a great sense of achievement. I also enjoy organising my work to ensure I fulfil my duties but also helping others when needed, whilst there I improved on my communication skills which has become one of my key skills.
Pros
meeting new people and working together
Cons
on your feet all day
Good Team players, support in job role
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands7 October 2018
Enjoyable place to work, Canteen with hot food available at a good price Management offer support comfortable working enviroment free parking willing to assist with hrs
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
can be stressful due to targets
Supportive Employer
First Line Manager (Former Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire6 October 2018
During my employment, this employer was very supporting in staff development and gave staff the freedom to to try new initiatives and projects to add value to the business.
like a prison job
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Enfield, Greater London6 October 2018
I was employed as an agency worker by Rapier however DHL management are horrible towards agency workers,Result of this i left after two hours at Enfield site.
I was offered no training or any site induction.
Honestly I feel sorry for people that work there.
Poor leadership
Transport planner/Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Ebbw Vale, Blaenau Gwent2 October 2018
No concept of health and safety. Poor management structure especially in Ebbw Vale. Site manager happy to abuse his role to suite his narrow minded views. Not what you'd expect from well known leading company in logistics. Happy to put people's health at risk.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Management/ Health safety
Fast moving and dynamic
UK Service Co-Ordinator (Former Employee) –  London2 October 2018
Provided a lot of opportunity to experience various roles and learn new skills. Opportunity to advance for anyone who wanted to develop their career including opportunities to move overseas.
great place to work,good staff ,good holidays ,overall friendly and fun to work there .
HGV Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  London Colney, Hertfordshire26 September 2018
fantastic place to work,good management.sad to leave ,it was with sad regret the place had to close down thourougly enjoyed my time there ,the management and staff were wonderful and a joy to work with
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Papworth Everard25 September 2018
Very good company, but staff gets treated unfairly at times.its to much work for a small warehouse and less pay.the company could do better in mine and others opinion.poor management,outdated equipment and unhealthy environment
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Long working hours
demanding and challeging
First Line Manager (Current Employee) –  London24 September 2018
make sure all staff are present and punctual complete a shift brief and then deal with all issues in a fast paced warehouse environment.
A very diverse workforce, the toughest part of the job is being able to juggle a large number of critical tasks in a very short period of time. the most enjoyable part of the role is no two days are the same everyday comes with new challenges !
Pros
company benefits
Cons
the responsibility of 150 staff members along side the workload
Average Working enviroment
Operations Administrator (Former Employee) –  Berkshire24 September 2018
Busy and challenging warehouse.
learned to work at fast pace and was able to prioritise my duties.
not many opportunity to make any progress. Any the line managers doesn't appreciate you hard efforts.
Always will try and keep you on temporary roles.
The near and dear ones make faster progress
Pros
Will learn to work in time frames
Cons
No growth opportununities
Fun workplace
Catering staff (Former Employee) –  London24 September 2018
Worked for DHL for 3 months. Nice place to work. It's hard working job. Management and staff was very good and appreciated my work. But I was looking for better opportunities
It's not the same DHL culture as in Germany.
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Rugeley21 September 2018
You can be promised various things in the working place, as getting a forklift licence or conversion, if you have been driving a different forklift, but the conversion can take up to 5 seconds, and I quote: Here are the keys, there is the truck. Enjoy!
The hazards are not seriously being taken into consideration, making their warehouse an unsafe place to be. If you came across a pallet containing compressed gas shells, not being marked on the box as dangerous, hazard, handle with care or something similar, and see it smashed, and after you tell your managers about it, it can take days till they are coming with an excuse, and the hazardous pallet will still be there, smashed like it was in the 1st place by a careless bendi-truck driver for weeks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.

54.2K