DHL Employee Reviews

Productive but not a fun place to work
B35 7RA - Process Leader (Former Employee) –  Jaguar castle Bromwich19 April 2018
My review is based on the DHL site I worked for but I have heard from friends and family who work for DHL at other sites that it's different there.

The site was very productive but was not a fun place to work, it was none stop slavery from the moment my shift started until the end. Worked almost eight months solid without a weekend off because I felt pressured into doing so and never got a thank you once, although the wage was good you still need to be shown a little appreciation. Was there for ten year's and did nothing but support the company only for them to let me down when I needed help, but like I said it may have just been the site I worked at and other places may be better.
Pros
Discounts at major stores and theme parks.
Cons
Management are like Hitler.
good company to work for, nice and helpful staff.
muti-skilled, working on the computers. (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire18 April 2018
I was trained in all aspects of the job, I worked in picking and confirming on the computers. I got my NVQ level 2 in warehouse and I did work in the computer room inputing item codes. I would work for DHL again, if give the chance.
Pros
Nvq
VNA truck driver
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Normanton17 April 2018
VNA driving, picking the items, collection the items and dispatching.
Learned safe driving, able to work in warehouse
Learned a good teamwork
The hardest part of the job- safe driving while it s busy
Get job done without mistakes and as teamwork
Pros
Good work team
night shift
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Liverpool17 April 2018
night shift working
learnt a lot about working on a production line
working with a team , communication ,unloading and packing working to a deadline, being efficient i did enjoy my role i was committed and eager .
Transport / Logistics / Supply Chain
Transport Planner (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire15 April 2018
Very fast paced environment and always working to tight deadlines, massive workload with limited support. Learned how to manage a senior team of managers and hold them accountable for preventable issues.
Pros
Cheap Food
Cons
Production food place to work
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside13 April 2018
Pick and pack cosmetics and food on product name Loreal, Frozen cookies melis , cleaning production area ,alsoe corydor tablets and sits floor on the production area.
Pros
Sandwishes to bay
Cons
Long haurs
fun workplace
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Gatwick Airport Station, West Sussex11 April 2018
This was a fun and enjoyable place to work and the middle management were very good. Unfortunately management above this seem ruthless on employing full time staff.
Productive and fun work place
Assistant Project Coordinator (Express shipments) (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen11 April 2018
Very busy environment and a good team sense of help each other and solve the issues.

I have learned and developed
• Manage and filter project shipments designated for express despatch
• Process receipt of all PO’s for express transport and for immediate despatch
• Create and issue collection instructions for all express consignments
(Average of 25 per day)
• Forward instructions to the central overseas control center for the issue of waybills
• Receive waybills and details and forward to suppliers with collection instructions
• Track daily all shipments for collections
• The input of data into the DHL MMS tracking system, scanning, and uploading of shipping documentation
• Resolve any queries between DHL operations or suppliers and follow up by e-mail to all parties.

Very friendly, committed work colleagues.
The demand and pressure of the suppliers were high but always manageable.

The most of enjoyable part of the job was get in the office and know apart of the workload and my responsibilities I was going to have a busy environment, under pressure but a good day with the team I worked with.
the company are very help to the employer
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk10 April 2018
i would be grate full if they would HGV class 1 and give a job for a set period for the training cost they have funded for the HGV class 1 training. my job roll was to depached good be for the left the depot
Good place of work
Inventory Operative/ Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wellesbourne Hastings9 April 2018
They gave me a contract after working for the agency for a while which shows they give opportunities to hard working staff.
Management could be better, need more structure, and people skills.
School for your life
Customer Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 April 2018
DHL was the door for my logistics experience. Its a school for life.
You are challenged every day and they really care about their customer. Its a company that you can trust.
good money ,
Piker (Current Employee) –  Daventry, Northamptonshire7 April 2018
is a good place for make good money in a short time , they give full training payed and more benefit
the agencies is nicely and helpfull whit all people
Pros
canteen
not bad places to work
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Thurrock6 April 2018
not bad place to work but salary is low , random shift, medium hard work, polite workplace culture, good level day of holidays, free parking, friendly staff .
Good Company
Transport Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Belfast5 April 2018
Worked for Exel Logistics and DHL in numerous location, enjoyed all the appointments I held and would return if the right position arose.

Good company for advancement.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Nil
Trying to be leaders in the field
Warehouse operative/Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Peterborough5 April 2018
Bringing more and up to date equipment took a long time. Would have been better placed had staff on the floor been consulted.
Overall though, you were respected and if you could do the job, were left to get on with it.
Pros
Good hours, good lower management
Cons
No allowance for decision taking.
Good Opportunity
Fleet maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  Hounslow5 April 2018
Commenced in their London Hub on courier duties and achieved promotion to the fleet maintenance department. Interesting role providing fleet management and technical skills to the automated sort system.

A good role and one that developed my engineering skills.
Pros
An International Company
Cons
Commuting
progressive company without security of a job
HR Customer Services administrator (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes1 April 2018
Worked at DHL for a over a year on a FTC no promise of full time contract even though reviews have been excellent.

Progression is an issue as not much room for movement.
good employees
Drivers Mate/Porter (Former Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian27 March 2018
very friendly employees to work with and good productive workplace. Good communication skills. Spend time at DHL as drivers mate so job way easy going and enjoyed it thouroughly.
Don’t waste your time
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom26 March 2018
Worst place to work ever. Management discriminates the work force. Money rubbish. Management have no clue what to do. Poor HR team. Management needs more training. Just don’t waste your time.
Pros
Cons
The whole company
Not a bad place to work depending on Contract
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Midlands25 March 2018
I have nothing but good to say about DHL. It has a decent structure and now it is focusing on its workforce from the bottom up. I have enjoyed my time there. Very structure HR, although it's now found in one place and rarely on site.
Pros
Future
Cons
Focusing too much on Employee surveys

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DHL. Our community is ready to answer.

53.4K