DB Schenker Logistics Employee Reviews

Found 33 reviews matching the search See all 1,300 reviews
Progressive company outlook
3D Visualiser (Former Employee) –  Home Based3 March 2017
Having dealt with several divisions in DB Schenker I can safely say that all have been a pleasure to work with. The company is huge so there's always going to be bureaucracy to deal with, but at the same time, they are a very forward looking business with major plans and investment strategies.
db schenker amazing work place
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow14 January 2017
the office suite was amazing and during my week of worked i really took on alot of information on the job and gained many skills eg customer service skills data processing and working on a comuter
Excellent Team
Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Basildon8 January 2017
An Intergral part of working within the Fairs and Events department is team work. We work so closely for such long hours we all have to have an extremely close knit working relationship.
Being under such pressure to deliver successful exhibitions is such a short timescale can be stressful and involves putting in a lot of long working hours which are not necessarily reflecting in pay however does encourage a strong team environment. There is no way we could complete our objectives as just individuals and can only be executed by pulling together and working along side one another to complete the final product successfully.
The extremely long hours have to be the hardest part of the job but come part in parcel with working on temporary shows/exhibitions.
Pros
Free Parking and European travel
Cons
Long Hours
Alright as warehouses go
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Tamworth2 November 2016
Very typical warehouse work. Head down and get on with the job and you'll have no problems, just don't expect to be treated like an adult.
A very busy working enviroment.
Logistics Operator (Current Employee) –  Pitstone21 October 2016
I am currently working in a busy environment/department, packing of parts, entering data into the SAP system and organising collections with couriers.
I work for DB Schenker but contracted out and stationed at Safran Power in Pitstone, we are a team of 9 split into 3 separate departments, there is me and one other colleague in our packing department which is constantly busy, but lack help when needed.
Very busy and buzing enviroment
Customer Service Department for Central Europe (Former Employee) –  Laindon23 February 2016
Management was not good, don't think it was down to an individual more to do with man power and budget.
Always shortage of staff causing others overloaded with work and long hours. Hard work never appreciated by management .
Too many un-experienced young people left to make decisions.
Job very challenging and interesting - never a dull moment .
Best part - when collected/delivered on time as per Customer requirement/expectation. Great satisfaction !
Cons
Not a fun place to work anymore .
Customer Service in Freigh Forwarding (Current Employee) –  Basildon, ENG8 October 2014
Work flow is not balanced anymore, Staff is leaving and not being replaced. Work become very stressful and unmanageable .
Its not enjoyable anymore.
Most enjoyable part of my work is - when Customer is happy and all have been arranged as requested and as planed .
Cons
Long hours and stressful .
Enjoyable Workplace Poorly Managed
engineering support operative (Current Employee) –  Derby, ENG21 March 2014
I Really enjoyed working with my work collegues on the shop floor banter was good but as far as management went they were poorly commited into everyday tasks and the support and feedback was always negative thats if you were lucky to get some at all.
Pros
Going Home
Cons
Poorly Managed Always feeling victamised by management couldnt care less about your health
I enjoy working for DB Schenker the people are very nice, everyone works well as a team this helps to get the work done.
Rail Freight Planner (Current Employee) –  Southampton, ENG8 October 2013
Its is a very busy working environment, Answering the telephone and sending emails to Customers to make bookings for the trains Import and Export. I have gained more experience in the import and export industry than I had before DB Schenker. My colleagues are very nice and hard working and we all work well as a team to achieve the end product.
The hardest part of my job is when trains fail,and we have to sort out all the containers that have failed to rail. We use a spreadsheet for all the boxes on the trains, and have to work out which boxes need to be rolled to the next day, space permitting and to what delivery dates the boxes have etc. Its like a jigsaw puzzle that we have to solve.
Most enjoyable part of my day is talking to Customers on the phone to help with all their needs, Building a rapour with the Customers is rewarding.
mccolls
cleaner covering maternity (Former Employee) –  immingham29 August 2013
A typical day at work is serving customers stacking shelves making sure all the customers are happy with service and making sure the stock is faced forward and everywhere is clean.
I have learnt that how to deal with other people properly and stack shelf's and face forward.
Management are very understanding when your pregnant because i was very ill when i was pregnant.
My co-workers were easy to get along with and very polite.
My hardest job was lifting.
The most enjoyable part of my job was serving the customers making sure they were ok.
Pros
walking dissents
Cons
Was a nice place to work but due to job cuts was becoming unstable.
credit controller (Former Employee) –  heathrow22 January 2013
making at least 25 calls a day, maintaining ledger of 5mill plus.
dealing with queries and credit limits.
good team worked together to reach personal and group targets.
hardest part of job trying to get bad debtors to pay when the tools we needed to ensure payment were taken away from us.
sorting accounts ie reconcilliations, guaranteed payment promises and monies coming in on time.
Sense of acheivment
Train planner (Former Employee) –  Doncaster28 August 2012
No such thing as a typical day. Each day brought new challenges to be overcome. Time of day movement, railway lines closed,customer deadlines for either loading or discharge, loco, crew, shunters and manager availability.
Pros
job stability, but unfortunatly these days nothing is garenteed
Cons
you did what the job required, irrespective of time