Cygnet Health Care Pay & Benefits reviews

Featured review
Cygnet Health Care selected this as a representative review
Nice place to work
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sevenoaks, Kent4 February 2019
enjoyed my self when working there, • Some of our service users are known to display very challenging behavioural personalities which requires appropriate and integral decision making to manage their circumstances and in this situation, I would normally be the most suitable staff to be called upon to handle and quell the situation as the service users find me very friendly and a positive motivator to them because I was given the
Pros
positive
Cons
pay rate
Great place to start a career
Regional Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Colchester, Essex18 November 2019
Since starting with Cygnet I have received 3 promotions , I have had to work hard and prove myself but they do look after you . The salary can seem low to start but increases quickly the more you work your way up . Cygnet promotes staff training and a good working environment ,and always does its best to work with staff with any issues you maybe facing whether at work or at home
Pros
free lunch paid trainning family hours
Cons
could be working away depent on job role
Inadequate
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield3 October 2019
Breaks were very few & far between, lots of favouritism between team leaders & management with alot of the staff, short staffed most of the time, 9/10 night staff had to stay on after a night shift to help out until somebody else came in & even then they weren't thanked for it & were sometimes under paid, definitely would not recommend to anyone
9 October 2019

Hi,
Sorry to hear about your poor experience with us recently but thank you for providing feedback.
Obviously, we're keen to improve on any failings - could we speak to you, in confidence, to find out more details?
If could you send your contact details to review@cygnethealth.co.uk - we will get back to you ASAP

Joke of a company
Support worker full time (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield23 September 2019
They’re always short staffed, don’t regard their staff, and payroll are so incompetent as you’re always short paid and you have to ring to teach them their job every single time.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Short paid and short staffed
30 September 2019

Hard Work!
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London22 September 2019
Although I consider my role is quite reasonably paid, I do not feel that support staff are paid enough for the role they play in support patients and the nursing team. The job is very challenging and quite stressful especially with the type of patients that are staying on the ward and the difficulty in treating and supporting them. There are also some patients who become very aggressive and smash items on the ward and assault staff members. The phone is another aspect as it rings continuously and does hinder how you work during the day. It can also be difficult to take a break as it there maybe an alarm going off and staff need to attend, or a patient may need something from the safe, this means there is a knock on effect to staff members. I can say that most of the staff work very hard but there are others that do not pull their weight, leaving others to fill in the gaps. I see tired and disillusioned staff members which is very sad but they hope for change. Although I feel that the company does provide benefits and do try to help staff, I don't think they are paid enough for what they have to experience on the ward. On the other hand, there are some patients who do make your day and make your work easier with their cheerfulness and playful manner.
25 September 2019

Thanks for the positive feedback, really appreciated. Fantastic to see you're enjoying your role and most importantly, for making sure the support you give our service users is your priority & focus.

Bullying,bintimidation,vunderpaid and overworked. Little vlinicsl support. Dreadful.i
Staff Nurse Band 5 (Former Employee) –  Edgbaston birmingham18 August 2019
Lack of supetvision infact none. Infuction in the home very very poor. Not given yime to be inducted no sypport st all. Low pay and bullying within manzgement. Long hours and shifts all together. Expected to eork nigjt shifts no increase of pay. Home meetings compilsary yo attend on dsys off. Systems in place not. Agression and challenging behaviours facts hidden at interview. Some good dedicated staff work there though.... in all not a good experirnce at all.
Pros
Free lunches, some!!lovely staff
Cons
Long hours all together, low pay night working no extra pay
20 August 2019

productive workplace
Support Worker/Carer (Current Employee) –  Nottinghamshire3 August 2019
during my time at cygnet i have leanred alot. i have gained many skills while being in this job. the hours can be unsocialable but they try to ensure you have some time for personal life.
Pros
good support
Cons
long hours and sometimes weekend work
7 August 2019

Thanks for the positive feedback, really appreciated. Fantastic to see you're enjoying your role and gaining experience. And, for making sure the service users are your priority & focus.

Enjoy my work
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire28 July 2019
Can be hectic but enjoyable. Satisfaction when the patient moves on.
Cons Always short staffed. Sometimes you can't have a break if the ward is busy.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Don't always get a break.
30 July 2019

Thanks for your feedback, appreciated. Great to hear your focus is making sure the service users are your priority.

Worked all 3 wards all dangerously unsafe not due to patients who beat you up.. due to poorly untrained staff
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands26 July 2019
Salary has been changed 4 times in one year ! x3 deduction of salary with no reason given and the 4th time I was given a 3p pay rise ... laughable.
Never known a place where every member of staff hate their job or don’t do their jobs. Kitchen staff don’t serve food or stock kitchens or when ward staff ask for something as simple as butter they are hurled abuse. Stated that we get free meals when on shift kitchen staff donor send enough food for patients let alone staff members and when asked again abuse is hurled at us. Don’t get me wrong their is a lot of amazing staff members their however numbers are dropping like flys and people are leaving due to poor management and stress and how dangerously unsafe the place is
Wards are scarily unsafe due to being short staffed... untrained and lazy staff. I was put on a 4:1 with a patient who was high risk violence and aggression and I was the only staff member out the 4 people to be PMVA trained. Each and every staff member is drained stressed and lost heart due to heavy work loads managers passing their jobs to others who already have to much to do. Managemen don’t care about no one. Loyal staff are treated poorly. Shocking money considering we get beat up for a living (which staff allow) as they do not intervene when needed. Can’t wait to leave this place as it’s habing an effect on my own mental health due to stress be PMVA trained which meant I was in a highly vulnerable situation.
Each and every staff member is
Pros
If you find one let me know
Cons
Everything about the place
30 July 2019

Hi,
Sorry to hear about your very poor experience & findings with us recently but thank you for providing feedback.

Not great
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Heckmondwike, West Yorkshire17 July 2019
The job was rewarding knowing you're doing a good thing, but the managers wasnt to be seen. You was under appreciated with the job you did and the staff wasnt that nice either. You only had 5 minutes break every 2 hours (that's if you could get a break) so you didnt really have time to unwind. The hours were long, 12 hour shifts and ALWAYS short staffed.
Pros
Rewarding knowing youre doing something good
19 July 2019

Hi,

Poor support from management. Culture of nepotism and favoritism.
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beckton9 July 2019
On the surface it appears organised but when working for them for a while u realise how selfish and negligent management can be to staff on the lower end.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long exhausting hours, blame culture.
17 July 2019

Hi,

Best job I have ever had!
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands21 June 2019
I joined Cygnet just over a year ago and I have never looked back.
The opportunities are great and I feel like I am valued as a person.

The team are friendly and supportive, which makes it a lot more enjoyable.

My favourite part of my job is talking to passionate nurses and building relationships with managers all over the UK.

I do and would carry on recommending to anyone that wants to make a difference to join us.
Pros
rewards and benefits
27 June 2019

Thanks for the positive feedback, really appreciated. Fantastic to see you're enjoying your role and most importantly, for making sure our sites are getting the support they need to fill any vacancies...

Rubbish
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Derbyshire10 June 2019
The place I worked at cygnet was badly managed. Some of the staff were really nice. But the manager wasn't good. Poor mismanagement not listening to concerns raised about staff/service users. Unfortunately as well there was one staff member whom the manager thinks the sun shines out of there backside . Avoid with the plague
Pros
Cons
No management willing to listen
12 June 2019

Fun
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Mansfield4 June 2019
Love working here for the company they amazing with me. Staff are good to work with management is OK. We have so many good benefits from the company. I'm currently a activity coordinator and love my job
Pros
Good staff and management
10 June 2019

Thanks for the positive feedback, really appreciated. Fantastic to see you're enjoying your role and most importantly, for making sure the patients & service users are your priority & focus.

Great place to work and endless opportunities
Health support Worker (Current Employee) –  Maidstone, England, UK17 March 2019
Cygnet is a great place to work, very friendly and condusive enviroment to work, good support from collegues and management. Great opportunities to develop onself , good outside enviroment with beautiful field to walk around. We got Sky TV on the ward.
Pros
regural mandatory and other training, free meals for staff, great opportunity
Cons
Working long hours shift might not be suitable to some people
20 March 2019

Thanks for the positive feedback, really appreciated. Fantastic to see you're enjoying your role and making use of the opportunities we provide for career & personal development.

Poor management and no progression
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Taunton, Somerset15 March 2019
I've been employed for a number a years at Cygnet Taunton, expected to do the job of a senior role but refuse to promote or pay the staff for the senior role. Complaints not taken seriously by management and brushed under the carpet and made to feel there is no point in complaining. Staff are forced to do a mixture of days and nights when employed were given certain shifts. Management do not offer any support in regards to career progression, constantly made to feel as if you replaceable, loyalty is not rewarded here. Management employs family and friends and gives them benefits that are not given to other staff.

Pay rates are massively varied, some staff on £10ph others are not given a pay rise, various reasons given and never a clear guide on who is on what pay scales with regards to experience/qualifications.

CCTV is used to spy on staff regardless if incidents have not occurred, management are viewing CCTV in main offices where staff can see they are being watched, staff were told CCTV was brought in for staff and patient safety.
Pros
Some colleagaues make it bearable
Cons
Poor pay, poor management
20 March 2019

professional
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Shirebrook, Derbyshire13 March 2019
i would say it fun to work with if you have a god team hard work a lot of it and dont be afraid to step in and get your hand dirty at times it could be the best place to work if you have a great time with people and have a laugh
Pros
free lunch
14 March 2019

Thanks for the positive feedback, really appreciated. Good to see you enjoyed your role at Cygnet and getting a nice balance between hard work & fun...

Good progression opportunities if you're willing to work hard
HR Projects (Current Employee) –  Head Office18 February 2019
This is a really challenging place to work, but ultimately you are making a difference for people who might be experiencing a very challenging time in their own life, so it's to be expected.

I started with the company on a management trainee scheme and within one year had a substantive role with the HR team. Every single day I learn something new, which I find very motivating. When I spend time in our services, in the hospitals and homes that we run, I am inspired by our incredible nurses and support workers who deliver the support and care that our service users need to progress, and by the service users themselves, many of whom will take time out of their day to talk to me, a total stranger, about their experiences. Those days help to put in context the work that we do and make the job very rewarding.

In the main I have found Cygnet's Senior Management team to be very approachable and I genuinely believe that they have the best interests of service users and staff at the core of what they do. Like every organisation, there are times when you would like to see things done differently, but for me the intention is right so I can overlook small annoyances. The executive team run an initiative called Ask The Board to encourage good communication within the company. The initiative allows any member of staff to ask the board any question and receive a written response. Often staff notice things that senior management don't, so it's a really good tool for people to get their voices heard when they have an idea or question they want to raise.

In terms of career development,
  more... there are so many opportunities right now in Cygnet. I am studying on a Level 5 Apprenticeship to gain my CIPD. There are others studying at Level 3 and Level 5 in various areas. This is fully funded by Cygnet, with support from other people doing the courses, as well as from my line manager and colleagues. The opportunities exist for people who are willing to put in the work, and who want to take them.

In my department there is a genuine sense of team spirit, and everyone wants to support each other to get the job done. It's a really challenging time to be working in mental health care, but the rewards are there for those who are motivated to make a difference.
Pros
Good career development; Good training opportunities; Team spirit
Cons
Challenging at times
19 February 2019

Thanks for the positive, in-depth feedback, really appreciated.
Great to see you're enjoying your role and rising to the challenges it can bring.
It's also heartening to hear you draw inspiration from our amazing nursing & support teams.

Great place to work......
Admin role (Former Employee) –  UK18 February 2019
I have worked at Cygnet Health Care for a number of years in a number of different roles, it has been a great place to work and provided me numerous platforms to develop my skills.
Management have guided me down the correct paths to develop within my role and i thoroughly enjoy working within the various teams

I would definately recommend Cygnet Health care as somewhere to work.
Pros
Free lunches, benefits scheme and great teamwork
Cons
Sometimes there are not enough hours in the day
19 February 2019

Thanks for the positive feedback, really appreciated.
We're really happy to hear you got the most from your role and benefitted from developing your skills whilst at Cygnet.

its ok
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Gloucester22 January 2019
Long hours, but the training is continuous which is always a plus as you continually learn. Free hot meals provided for the staff and free uniform provided.
Pros
free uniform
29 January 2019

Thanks for the positive feedback, really appreciated.
Good to see you're making the most of the opportunities to develop your role that enable you to make sure the patients/service users are your priority & focus.

long term prospects
Clinical team leader (Former Employee) –  Bury29 December 2018
lots of training provided before working on the wards which i really believe is a fab induction
lack of consistency of managers
pay issues
BUT
fabulous floor workers
safe systems
team spirit
would return if relocated back
Pros
free meals, team spirit
Cons
long hours, lack of staff
31 December 2018

Thanks for the balanced positive feedback, really appreciated.

Great to see you enjoyed your role and most importantly, for making sure the patients were your priority & focus.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cygnet Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8