Play YouTube video button
Cygnet Health Care
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Cygnet Health Care Employee Reviews for Support Worker

Support Worker121 reviews
United Kingdom121 reviews
Featured review
Cygnet Health Care selected this as a representative review
enjoyed my self when working there, • Some of our service users are known to display very challenging behavioural personalities which requires appropriate and integral decision making to manage their circumstances and in this situation, I would normally be the most suitable staff to be called upon to handle and quell the situation as the service users find me very friendly and a positive motivator to them because I was given the
Pros
positive
Cons
pay rate
11 February 2019
Thanks for the positive & honest feedback, really appreciated.
Fantastic to see you enjoyed your role and most importantly, for making sure the services were your priority & focus.
I would not want even my worst enemy to work at Cygnet Coventry.The manager do not care for staff they are bullies and full of discrimination toward staff.You have to be close to manager to get what you want.They don't listens to staff they change the rota at any time to suit themselves.Poor CQC report for the last two year.Nurse don't you are risking your pin.
Pros
Free meals if you work days.
Cons
Complicated pay slips that you do even under stand.
Injury due to low staffing and sacked me for having time off I'll due to injury. Other staff members not complying with company rules and sleeping on the job
Everything you do at cygnet is based on the individual and their personal centerd vues which are apart of cygnet values staff realy helpfull feels like a big family all together
Pros
Great values
Cons
None as yet
29 June 2020
Thanks for the positive feedback, really appreciated.
Fantastic to see you are enjoying your role and most importantly, for making sure the service users are your priority & focus.
Avoid Wallace Hospital/Thistle Care Home/Lindsay House if you can, I would not recommend working there! You are ill equipped and trained to deal with the mental health issues of service users, some are treated disgustingly and spoken to horrendously. Manager couldn’t care less about complaints and most mistakes or complaints are ‘covered up’. If I was a loved one of a service user I would remove them as soon as I could! Not paid enough to be physically assaulted on a daily basis!
Pros
Cons
Everything!!
29 June 2020
Hi,
Sorry to hear about your very poor experience with us recently, but thank you for providing feedback.

Obviously, we’re keen to improve on any failings - could we speak to you, in confidence, to find out more details?

If could you send your contact details to review@cygnethealth.co.uk - we will get back to you ASAP
They're just good on making promises.. Giving false hopes and other things. They dont give proper information and keep information on their own, leaving staff and patients in limbo.
During the pandemic, government provided guidelines that cygnet did not follow. Leaving staff with no personal protective equipment whilst in a room with a patient under isolation

Manage
Pros
Staff were all good, there's a proper team work
Cons
Management dont care about the safety of the staff.
Hi,
Sorry to hear about your experience with us recently, but thank you for providing feedback.

A day would start with a handover and allocations for the morning, you support the resident to have a day as independant as possible, supporting during personal care, promoting their choice in daily food, activities and other daily on goings. The support of individuals would then follow on through the day with each and every shift being different, in times of the resident's crisis the job can be tough but always rewarding.
Pros
Food provided whilst working
15 June 2020
Thanks for the feedback, really appreciated.
Glad to hear you're enjoying your role (despite its challenges) and most importantly, for making sure the service users are your priority & focus.
This review relates specifically to Cygnet Harrogate where I worked for over a year.

Although I enjoyed the work itself - even though it could be stressful at times when patients displayed challenging behaviour - there is a culture at this workplace where support workers (and nurses) are NOT paid the same wage for doing the same job and this is largely due to the Manager of the hospital being allowed the freedom to set a person's individual wage irrespective of experience or qualifications. This naturally leads to people feeling that they are being (which they are) unfairly treated by the management - and was the main reason why I left this employment.
Hi,

The company are unfortunately have the attitude of it being a business rather than a healthcare setting. With cuts and the stress and volatile nature of the work here, you need to be prepared to feel alone, stressed and at times unsafe. That being said, it is a rewarding place to work.
3 June 2020
Thanks for the honest feedback, really appreciated.
Really good to hear you felt rewarded in your role and thanks again for making sure the service users were your priority & focus.
I worked with this company for 4 years.The staff were bully's if you didn't fit the picture you weren't welcome.The job was only rewarding in knowing what you were doing. Staff turn over is ridiculous the hours are constant some times no days off for a week! Team leaders let the power get to their heads.

Most of the staff we're drugged up mostof
3 June 2020
Hi,
Sorry to hear about your poor experience with us recently, but thank you for providing feedback on some shocking claims.

Managers expect everything and give no thanks. They treat their staff like rubbish, offer no support in regards to individuals in crisis/incidents. Do not work for this company - dove valley mews in particular.
Hi,
Sorry to hear about your recent experience with us, but thank you for providing feedback.

If could you send your contact details to review@cygnethealth.co.uk<mailto:review@cygnethealth.co.uk> - we will get back to you ASAP
Hi,
Sorry to hear about your recent experience with us recently, but thank you for providing feedback.

Thanks for the positive feedback, really appreciated.
I’ve worked at two different cygnet sites & they’ve both been absolutely brilliant to work in. Great staff & management. Big agency problem though due to a lot of staff shortages. Only problem with the company is that they don’t pay very well. £8.50 is definitely not enough for the challenging services I have worked in both hospital & residential. But overall, great company, value their staff well.
7 May 2020
Thanks for the encouraging & positive feedback - really appreciated.
Fantastic to see you're enjoying your time with Cygnet and most importantly, for making sure the service users were your priority & focus.
Great place to work, training is good, lots of opportunities for career development and additional training. Positive culture to work in and great teamwork, despite working with a difficult client group, support in place is very good. Good leadership and management.
Pros
Free meals, NHS discounts, staff wellbeing, free uniform, career development, training, teamwork
Cons
12 hour shifts, can be challenging at times due to client group
24 April 2020
Thanks so much for the positive feedback, really appreciated.
Fantastic to see you're enjoying your role & taking advantage of the training & development we offer all our staff. But most of all, thank you for making sure the service users are your priority & focus.
Love, love, loved the clients, supporting them to manage their mental health, so they can go back into the community to live their lives.
Management think because they are management they know better, which they do not. I sometimes think the management should of been the clients.
8 April 2020
Hi,
Sorry to hear about your poor experience with us recently, but thank you for providing feedback.

Conducive area to work,efficient staff,colleagues easy to relate work with,excellent training,supportive management,enough annual leave,suck pay,and good work place
8 April 2020
Thanks for the positive feedback, really appreciated.
Fantastic to see you're enjoying your role and most importantly, for making sure the service users are your priority & focus.
Staff sexually harassed by both patients and staff
Staff verbally and physically attacked by patients - no aftercare or supervision.

Extremely unprofessional managers and team leaders.

Senior staff break guidelines to please patients.

Lack of safety on wards - attacks by patients receive little attention.

Extremely poor communication between everyone

Very negative environment - staff regularly badmouth each other and patients.

Please avoid working here - it is not safe. This is a minimum wage job with daily risks of being physically and verbally assaulted.
11 March 2020
Hi,
Sorry to hear about your shocking experience with us recently, but thank you for providing frank feedback.

Good managers, great passionate team hard working long hours no two days the same can be challenging pay isn't great agency are on a lot more and bank shifts can come and go
11 March 2020
Thanks for the encouraging feedback, appreciated.
Good to hear you're enjoying your role and most importantly, for making sure the service users are your priority & focus.
Worked at a unit in Colchester. It was awful. Bad management, high turn over of staff, bullying and no support from managers. The company have recently been reprimanded for their excessive use of restraint of clients, trust me this only part of the problems.
AVOID THIS COMPANY LIKE THE PLAGUE
Pros
Cons
Long hours, No support, Useless management, Bullying, Awful working atmosphere
Hi,

Many staff and management are simply sustaining thier own status without performing thier duties correctly. Performance and quality of work have no importance in keeping your job at this place. Liars the lot of 'em.
Hi,
Sorry to hear about your poor experience with us recently, but thank you for providing frank feedback.

Working for cygnet was a good experience and learnt alot while working for them. It's challenging but rewarding work. Good company to work for was supported while working there and the training is good. Also they put me forward to do my level 2 in understanding autism.
Thanks for the positive feedback, really appreciated.
Fantastic to see you enjoyed your role & made use of the training opportunities. Most importantly, thank you again for making sure the service users were your priority & focus.
Cygnet Stevenage is a good place to work because they take security of the patients and the staff important and the environment are well tidy but some changes need to be look into in terms of wages
Thanks for the positive feedback, really appreciated.
Great to hear you're happy in your role and thanks again for giving priority to taking care of the service users...
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cygnet Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7