Play YouTube video button

Cygnet Health Care Employee Reviews

United Kingdom235 reviews
Featured review
Cygnet Health Care selected this as a representative review
enjoyed my self when working there, • Some of our service users are known to display very challenging behavioural personalities which requires appropriate and integral decision making to manage their circumstances and in this situation, I would normally be the most suitable staff to be called upon to handle and quell the situation as the service users find me very friendly and a positive motivator to them because I was given the
Pros
positive
Cons
pay rate
11 February 2019
Thanks for the positive & honest feedback, really appreciated.
Fantastic to see you enjoyed your role and most importantly, for making sure the services were your priority & focus.
Injury due to low staffing and sacked me for having time off I'll due to injury. Other staff members not complying with company rules and sleeping on the job
Everything you do at cygnet is based on the individual and their personal centerd vues which are apart of cygnet values staff realy helpfull feels like a big family all together
Pros
Great values
Cons
None as yet
29 June 2020
Thanks for the positive feedback, really appreciated.
Fantastic to see you are enjoying your role and most importantly, for making sure the service users are your priority & focus.
Avoid Wallace Hospital/Thistle Care Home/Lindsay House if you can, I would not recommend working there! You are ill equipped and trained to deal with the mental health issues of service users, some are treated disgustingly and spoken to horrendously. Manager couldn’t care less about complaints and most mistakes or complaints are ‘covered up’. If I was a loved one of a service user I would remove them as soon as I could! Not paid enough to be physically assaulted on a daily basis!
Pros
Cons
Everything!!
29 June 2020
Hi,
Sorry to hear about your very poor experience with us recently, but thank you for providing feedback.

Obviously, we’re keen to improve on any failings - could we speak to you, in confidence, to find out more details?

If could you send your contact details to review@cygnethealth.co.uk - we will get back to you ASAP
Very unsupportive company to work for, not appreciated or valued and alot of things being covered up that shouldnt be. Very high turnover of support staff and management. Training extremely poor. support staff training one another with medication compentencies etc which of course incurs errors, which are sometimes covered up by management. Staff not recieving full inductions and just expected to get on with it then are penalised when mistakes are made. Management and some support staff internally promoted into higher positions without being interviewed (unfair)! High sickness rates of support staff and management. Poor placed service users who are unsuitable for the service, making it unsafe. Staff being left in dangerous situations for eg, no one onsite buccal or meds trained, 1 staff member being left alone in the unit with 2 service users who are on 1-1 and who are also at high risk of incidents. My work collegue had a finger chopped off by one of these service users in a door being slammed and has not been supported AT ALL only to ask when she is returning! Not enough activities for service users. Staff not trained in all areas specific for the people they are supporting.Just a real poor place to work and even worse place to live. I feel sorry for the service users/residents. Management have zero respect for anyone, and higher/regional management even worse. This job has destroyed me mentally, the company expect far too much for such little in return. The hours are long and the pay is poor. I cant wait to get out! Alot of my collegues have already been lucky enough to leave/transfer - more...
Pros
Absolutely nothing
23 June 2020
Hi,
Sorry to hear about your poor experience with us recently, but thank you for providing such thorough feedback.

can be stressful due to current shortage of rmn experience country wide however a good organisation
Supportive of employees, good pension pack and have EAP which is very helpful for mental well being of employees
Pros
N/a
Cons
n/a
23 June 2020
Thanks for the feedback, appreciated...
Good to hear you enjoyed your role & colleagues and thanks again for making sure the service users were your priority & focus.
They're just good on making promises.. Giving false hopes and other things. They dont give proper information and keep information on their own, leaving staff and patients in limbo.
During the pandemic, government provided guidelines that cygnet did not follow. Leaving staff with no personal protective equipment whilst in a room with a patient under isolation

Manage
Pros
Staff were all good, there's a proper team work
Cons
Management dont care about the safety of the staff.
Hi,
Sorry to hear about your experience with us recently, but thank you for providing feedback.

A day would start with a handover and allocations for the morning, you support the resident to have a day as independant as possible, supporting during personal care, promoting their choice in daily food, activities and other daily on goings. The support of individuals would then follow on through the day with each and every shift being different, in times of the resident's crisis the job can be tough but always rewarding.
Pros
Food provided whilst working
15 June 2020
Thanks for the feedback, really appreciated.
Glad to hear you're enjoying your role (despite its challenges) and most importantly, for making sure the service users are your priority & focus.
This review relates specifically to Cygnet Harrogate where I worked for over a year.

Although I enjoyed the work itself - even though it could be stressful at times when patients displayed challenging behaviour - there is a culture at this workplace where support workers (and nurses) are NOT paid the same wage for doing the same job and this is largely due to the Manager of the hospital being allowed the freedom to set a person's individual wage irrespective of experience or qualifications. This naturally leads to people feeling that they are being (which they are) unfairly treated by the management - and was the main reason why I left this employment.
Hi,

Cygnet took over these Services 2 years ago .In that time they have closed down several units and had full scale CQC and Care Inspectorate Investigations carried out. Highlighting the lack of accountability from Senior Management .They blame instead of supporting change and improvement of culture .Very 'toxic culture ' especially in Dundee Services . Audit process are difficult to implement
Hi,
Sorry to hear about your poor experience with us recently, but thank you for providing feedback.

All staff worked well as a team and received great training for the job. Leading activities for the patients was really rewarding as it made a huge difference to their day.
15 June 2020
Thanks for the very positive feedback, really appreciated.
Fantastic to see you're enjoying your role and most importantly, for making sure the service users are your priority & focus.
The company are unfortunately have the attitude of it being a business rather than a healthcare setting. With cuts and the stress and volatile nature of the work here, you need to be prepared to feel alone, stressed and at times unsafe. That being said, it is a rewarding place to work.
3 June 2020
Thanks for the honest feedback, really appreciated.
Really good to hear you felt rewarded in your role and thanks again for making sure the service users were your priority & focus.
Great staff to work with
Great communication between staff and paitents.

Someone always around to give advice/help.

Each day different ....might be a calm relax day or might be stressful but you always get job satifaction.

Only on agency so only temp
3 June 2020
Thanks for the fantastic feedback, really appreciated.
Glad to see you enjoyed your role and most importantly, for making sure the service users were your priority & focus.
I worked with this company for 4 years.The staff were bully's if you didn't fit the picture you weren't welcome.The job was only rewarding in knowing what you were doing. Staff turn over is ridiculous the hours are constant some times no days off for a week! Team leaders let the power get to their heads.

Most of the staff we're drugged up mostof
Hi,
Sorry to hear about your poor experience with us recently, but thank you for providing feedback on some shocking claims.

If your face doesn’t fit you won’t enjoy working at Cygnet. Considering they are hospitals and should be working as a team it’s not. People will only work in their role and won’t help out others which is required in a nursing/Carers role.
Pros
Cons
Very unfair management team
26 May 2020
Hi,

bullying management not support for disabled staff treated unfairly singled out management are so jumped up and lack support of the staff to have one member of staff who knowingly has a disability and to use that to end there contract absolutely a joke of a company
20 May 2020
Hi,
Sorry to hear about your poor experience with us recently, but thank you for providing the frank feedback.

Chaotic,disorganised, and not particularly friendly.
The staff employed are often those with extraordinarily little to no experienced taken on by those already working at the facility.

This is true of agency healthcare assistant - some may never have worked in such environment but is more often taken on because of who they know.

You are left very much to do a lot by yourself with those who are supposed to support having very little themselves to no experience in dealing with a crisis and is often finding excuses to do something else leaving you to carry the burden if mistakes are made.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when it is time to leave the premises, when you have finally finished certain aspect of the work that those scream at you, putting pressure on you to do the things that they themselves can do when it should be a shared experience.
Pros
Free lunch, either for the lunch time or evening, not twice a day when on duty.
Cons
You don't exactly use the skills you begin the job with, and you never finish work on time.
Hi,
Sorry to hear about your poor experience with us recently, but thank you for providing detailed feedback.

If could you send your contact details to review@cygnethealth.co.uk<mailto:review@cygnethealth.co.uk> - we will get back to you ASAP

Thanks for the positive feedback, really appreciated.
Managers expect everything and give no thanks. They treat their staff like rubbish, offer no support in regards to individuals in crisis/incidents. Do not work for this company - dove valley mews in particular.
Hi,
Sorry to hear about your recent experience with us, but thank you for providing feedback.

Hi,
Sorry to hear about your recent experience with us recently, but thank you for providing feedback.

Thanks for the positive feedback, really appreciated.
I’ve worked at two different cygnet sites & they’ve both been absolutely brilliant to work in. Great staff & management. Big agency problem though due to a lot of staff shortages. Only problem with the company is that they don’t pay very well. £8.50 is definitely not enough for the challenging services I have worked in both hospital & residential. But overall, great company, value their staff well.
7 May 2020
Thanks for the encouraging & positive feedback - really appreciated.
Fantastic to see you're enjoying your time with Cygnet and most importantly, for making sure the service users were your priority & focus.
OMG Don't even go for an interview as I was bullied from day one from managment to the maintenance wally!!!
I got attacked loads of times by the zombies in the home as the don't tell you or show you the danger areas of the building!!

I enjoyed doing the grounds in the Summer when the maintenence chap was on hoilday but that was it!!

NEVER EVER WORK FOR THIS COMPANY OR THE HOSPITAL / CARE HOME IN TAUNTON, SOMERSET!

Vile disgusting place and no support from the manager who looked after the maintnence manager like her own son!!

Don't even bother filling in an application form for this Company!!!
29 April 2020
Hi,
Sorry to hear about your shocking experience with us recently, but thank you for providing feedback.

Poor management, no structure or guidance from management, confusing place to work as no one knows what they are doing, unfair treatment to service users poor aftercare of service users.
29 April 2020
Hi,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cygnet Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7