Cygnet Health Care Employee Reviews

A nice place to work
Specialty Doctor (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton30 October 2018
I enjoy working for Cygnet. People are really nice and I get a good life work balance. Training is offered and management are very very reasonable. I appreciate all the support I receive and I highly recommend this company
Pros
Free lunches
5 November 2018

Hi,
Thanks for the positive feedback, really appreciated.
Fantastic to see you're enjoying your role, work life balance, training & the support.
Most importantly, thanks for making sure the patients are your priority & focus.

I like indeed
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Huddersfield23 October 2018
I enjoy my job and I am very good on it , i make sure everyone is happy and safe when I son the shift . Always I have smile on my face.i work this company over 8 years now to be honest it the best company they listen to residents and staff , only I can say I grow so much and I am very confident I can work anyway in the world I will be great. Thank you .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
12 hours
24 October 2018

Hi,

Thanks for the positive feedback, really appreciated. Fantastic to see you're enjoying your role and most importantly, for making sure the patients are your priority & focus.
It's people like yourself that make the difference, so thank you!

Poor
Clinical Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Harrogate, North Yorkshire18 October 2018
Started work, within two months, did not return.
Very bad management, not open to change, not supportive of staff.
Incidents fabricated, despite direct evidence proving otherwise.
Staff coerced by management to provide false statements.

Qualified staff spent whole shift in office, young support workers playing on the ward all day, laughing, joking, play fighting, drawing on each other in pen, making their own decisions, not listening to the nurse in charge. Sidelining nurses of different ethnic groups.

Manager does clearly not know what they are doing, wants an easy life, demonstrates favoritism with friends within the team.

No induction, PMVA training out of date instructors teaching pain compliance and prone restraints.
Dangerous practice, medication disappears to another ward without being signed out, no accurate audit processes.

Care plans not updated accurately - just dates being updated.
Care files have very little information in them.

Major issues within this company.
Pros
A nice patient group
Cons
Poor, unsupportive managment structure.
22 October 2018

Hi,
Sorry (and shocked) to hear about your strong feelings about the poor experience with us recently but thank you for providing feedback.
Obviously, we're keen to improve on any failings - could we speak to you, in confidence, to find out more details?
If could you send your contact details to review@cygnethealth.co.uk - one of our team will get back to you ASAP

Always have a back up!
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire17 October 2018
If you’re applying to this company, then always have a back up bank job.

The staff can be really nice and supportive one minute, then all of a sudden they will switch on you.

It’s a rewarding experience, working with the patients. You learn so much so quickly.

You don’t have a break, even when eating lunch your on the go straight after! You have to eat quick!

You do 12hrs30mins each shift. Constantly understaffed, so you end up doing multiple people’s jobs. Don’t get proper training you’re just thrown in.
Pros
patients
Cons
Hours, money, staff
18 October 2018

Hi,
Sorry to hear about your experience with staff support, breaks, training & staffing issues.

Fast paced
MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT WORKER (Current Employee) –  Stevenage12 October 2018
A typical day at work was very stressful but the team was very supportive and the nurses who managed tasks were good at their roles. The management was changing a lot from the top down which made it difficult to find a steady flow of faces. The most enjoyable part of the job was engaging with the patients.
Pros
Good price for lunches and good training
Cons
Long hours, management changes, lack of staffing.
18 October 2018

Hi,
Great to see you're really enjoying your role and meeting all the challenges it throws up with gusto!
Thank you for the positive feedback, really appreciated.
Please continue making sure the patients are your priority & focus and making a difference...

Couldnt wait to get out of it
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire9 October 2018
Started off all fun as it was a new job but you soon realise what you're getting yourself into, management only wanna know you on their terms hardly ever there when you have an issue, basically no breaks even for 12 hour shift I was lucky if I got 5 minutes break, expected to do too much for so little in return
Pros
Cons
Hardly any breaks, bad management

Hi,
Sorry to hear about your poor experience with us recently but thank you for providing honest feedback.

Supportive work ethos of the team at Wyke
Hospital Manager (Former Employee) –  Cygnet Hospital Wyke5 October 2018
Varied work load from local hospital level to corporate strategic level which is challenging and rewarding. Rewarding to directly affect patient care to a high standard.
Pros
Supportive Ops Director, company pension scheme, bonus potential, good supportive team
Cons
Long hours above contracted hours

Hi,
Thanks for the fantastic feedback, really appreciated.
Glad you felt rewarded in your role and most importantly, for making sure the service users were your priority & focus.

Worst mistake
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  South Yorkshire4 October 2018
Worst mistake joining the company. From day one of induction they has been a hostile environment between staff. Very under staffed, everyone on floor you talk to is actively seeking other employment. Very long hours, free meals aren't often taken as under staffed so can't leave duties to go eat. Staff are rude towards certain patients and clearly have favourites. Same job else where pays £1.18 more per hour on days, and pays extra on nights which is then £3.86 more per hour. No breaks, constant verbal and physical abuse from patients, then management still allow them to take leave daily so they think it's acceptable and can get away with out bursts. Spoke to the team leader about the staff constantly bullying another member of staff and nothing has been done or said.
Cons
Long hours, hostile environment

Hi,
Sorry to hear about your poor experience with us recently but thank you for providing us with candid feedback.

awful place to work
Mental health support worker (Former Employee) –  Bury28 September 2018
Usually there longer than your shift and have to fight to get paid for it. Not a safe environment to work. All they care about is getting patients in beds. Often understaffed.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not safe
1 October 2018

Hi,
Sorry to hear about your poor experience with us recently but thank you for providing feedback and your concerns.

Best regards

Couldn’t wait to leave in the end
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Nottinghmashire24 September 2018
Spent just over a year with Cygnet,the training they provid was good but the support you get from management is shocking!broke my finger in September 2017 in a bad restraint with a patient and although the hospital put me on amended duties I was still the only male on support even working nights with four female members of staff,there is no communication between management and support staff either people including myself would turn up for work and wasn’t on shift or you would be sat at home and the phone would ring asking where you were,there are a lot of two faced staff there too always back biting and spreading rumours which was shame because there are some really nice people work there too,but in the end it just wasn’t for me can’t cope with poor communication and lack of support you got from management,you just got the feeling all they cared about was making money and how much they could save and not thinking about the residents and staff either and also relying on some staff memebers to work 24 hour shifts because they were short staffed when we have a bank pool to provide the support we needed.
Pros
Good job training
Cons
Poor communication poor management
1 October 2018

Hi,
Sorry to hear about your mixed experience with us recently but thank you for providing feedback.

A decent place to work
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derby4 September 2018
Cygnet is a decent place to work, it cares for its patients. It doesn't cater for Part Time contracted work.The management is good, as are the facilities.
7 September 2018

Thanks for the positive feedback, really appreciated. Great to hear you're enjoying your role, team & working environment...

Great place to work for me
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Leeds headingley29 August 2018
I work for them.now an so good its unreal the management is good with me an the team. Leaders have been so supportive in everything I have done. An. Doing. If you need help they are always at hand to help you an addvice you in the best way they can.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
None as yet!!!
7 September 2018

Thanks for the positive feedback, really appreciated. Fantastic to see you're enjoying your role and most importantly, getting the support for making sure the patients & service users are the priority & focus.

not managed very well
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Sutton-In-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire14 August 2018
not a nice place to work its not run very well and its clique nothing else to say really. the clients are generally nice. training in everything is provided but i hate my job here and im ready to leave now
21 August 2018

Hi,
Sorry to hear about your poor experience with us recently but thank you for providing feedback.

Bad Managment and working conditions.
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kewstoke12 August 2018
I worked for this company for nearly 8 yrs mainly on PICU and gave back maximum effort for the opportunity given and was appraised yearly for it.

If your face dosent fit you will be subjected to being bullied by the majority especially upper management who show no support for there staff.

A company who looks at staff and service users as a number for profit and not for promotion of what is a greater issue.

"Money can't buy you love" or in this case empathy so it seems.
Pros
Good hca's
Cons
Terrible Managment.
21 August 2018

Work
Health Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Bradford30 July 2018
Poorly managed and staff injured are not cared for and there has been serious injuries which were not reported as the organisation does not care for the health and safety of employees and their wellbeing.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
1 August 2018

Great Place to work
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ealing, Greater London28 July 2018
I have worked for the past twelve months. I have enjoyed working here. My colleagues are friendly and supportive. Patient care is held paramount. I have had specialist training to enhance my skills. The management are visible and supportive of staff and patients. They take patients views seriously and act on any issues raise by patients or staff. As a specialist unit there is so much training. Staff are encouraged to be transparent and lessons are learnt when things go wrong. I feel safe working here.
Pros
Specialist training, good staff moral, team work. Prioritizing patients care.
Cons
Long hours.
30 July 2018

management demoralize staff
Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  woking24 July 2018
The job itself is very rewarding,however the management make the role difficult, are not supportive towards ward staff and when speaking are very rude.

Pros

Staff lunch provided.
Rewarding job.
Some staff were very supportive.

Cons

Staff turn over was high,no support from management and HR were very rude when dealing with staff matters and use bullying strategies.

Ward managers did not treat staff equally,some spoke down to staff.

12.5 hour shifts
27 July 2018

Hi,
If could you send your contact details to recruitment@cygnethealth.co.uk - one of our team will get back to you ASAP

Bad management
Senior Mental Health Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bury24 July 2018
Fully ready for move. Company changed name and had enough of bad care management hierarchy. No longer a care setting, now a business...... I got into the job for a vocation.
Pros
Free food and good staff
27 July 2018

Hi,

Back stabbing colleagues and not supported by the management
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Leeds16 July 2018
Neves ever again that i Will work for this company you have colleagues out the unite into your back that deep it would come out of the other side

The management want robot as they dont like support worker ansewring back to them as they dont like confrontation also when the staffing levels are short some management refuse to come in.

What disgusts me more is management like to watch you tube rather than helping out and talking to residents
Pros
Residents
Cons
Management backstabbers and long hours
20 July 2018

Poor Management
HCA (Current Employee) –  Ealing14 July 2018
Poor management. The RMNs on shift are authoritative and rude. Poor structure and organisation skills, can't even handle making sure people get thier breaks. They are hypocrites and slag off HCAs as sleeping while they snore on obs, that is if they bother to put themselves or honour the slot, because when it's thier they still would send a HCA to cover.

Even when one is punctual they lack organisation skills to work with time in hand over and making sure staff are reliefed on time especially those with service users at general hospitals.

No support for staff too.
Pros
Able to work part time
Cons
Lack support for staff and bad leadership
20 July 2018

Hi,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cygnet Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.