Cygnet Health Care Employee Reviews

not managed very well
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Sutton-In-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire14 August 2018
not a nice place to work its not run very well and its clique nothing else to say really. the clients are generally nice. training in everything is provided but i hate my job here and im ready to leave now
Bad Managment and working conditions.
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kewstoke12 August 2018
I worked for this company for nearly 8 yrs mainly on PICU and gave back maximum effort for the opportunity given and was appraised yearly for it.

If your face dosent fit you will be subjected to being bullied by the majority especially upper management who show no support for there staff.

A company who looks at staff and service users as a number for profit and not for promotion of what is a greater issue.

"Money can't buy you love" or in this case empathy so it seems.
Pros
Good hca's
Cons
Terrible Managment.
Work
Health Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Bradford30 July 2018
Poorly managed and staff injured are not cared for and there has been serious injuries which were not reported as the organisation does not care for the health and safety of employees and their wellbeing.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
1 August 2018

Hi,
Sorry to hear about your poor experience with us recently but thank you for providing feedback.
Obviously, we're keen to improve on any failings - could we speak to you, in confidence, to find out more details?
If could you send your contact details to review@cygnethealth.co.uk - one of our team will get back to you ASAP

management demoralize staff
Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  woking24 July 2018
The job itself is very rewarding,however the management make the role difficult, are not supportive towards ward staff and when speaking are very rude.

Pros

Staff lunch provided.
Rewarding job.
Some staff were very supportive.

Cons

Staff turn over was high,no support from management and HR were very rude when dealing with staff matters and use bullying strategies.

Ward managers did not treat staff equally,some spoke down to staff.

12.5 hour shifts
27 July 2018

Hi,
If could you send your contact details to recruitment@cygnethealth.co.uk - one of our team will get back to you ASAP

Bad management
Senior Mental Health Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bury24 July 2018
Fully ready for move. Company changed name and had enough of bad care management hierarchy. No longer a care setting, now a business...... I got into the job for a vocation.
Pros
Free food and good staff
27 July 2018

Hi,

Back stabbing colleagues and not supported by the management
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Leeds16 July 2018
Neves ever again that i Will work for this company you have colleagues out the unite into your back that deep it would come out of the other side

The management want robot as they dont like support worker ansewring back to them as they dont like confrontation also when the staffing levels are short some management refuse to come in.

What disgusts me more is management like to watch you tube rather than helping out and talking to residents
Pros
Residents
Cons
Management backstabbers and long hours

Poor Management
HCA (Current Employee) –  Ealing14 July 2018
Poor management. The RMNs on shift are authoritative and rude. Poor structure and organisation skills, can't even handle making sure people get thier breaks. They are hypocrites and slag off HCAs as sleeping while they snore on obs, that is if they bother to put themselves or honour the slot, because when it's thier they still would send a HCA to cover.

Even when one is punctual they lack organisation skills to work with time in hand over and making sure staff are reliefed on time especially those with service users at general hospitals.

No support for staff too.
Pros
Able to work part time
Cons
Lack support for staff and bad leadership

Hi,

No gratitude, poor working conditions
Chef (Former Employee) –  Derby11 July 2018
I left cygnet after being bullied and victimised by my line manager. He made physical threats to my family and physically assaulted me on several occasions.

All of this was reported but then covered up by senior management

Avoid this place at all costs

Staff and service users are just a number and a financial figure to cygnet
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
Weak management

Stressful and mentally draining on PICU Ward
Ward Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Coventry10 July 2018
Worked here for 6 months. Ward staff were friendly and everyone else in hospital were welcoming. But working on the mental health ward was scary, draining, felt vulnerable as they were short staffed and you get hardly any training to deal with the patients. Also when one housekeeper was off you had to clean their ward too and reception, communal areas it was hard work For rubbish money. Air conditioning didn't work so the heat was unbearable at times.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Rubbish money

Horrible
Mental Health Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire4 July 2018
Working in mental health can be amazing and rewarding and the best parts of the job are the reward of making a difference in a service users life, helping them through their journey and working with dedicated ward staff that keep doing their best advocating for the service users despite the odds.

There is no typical day, in one shift you can be comforting someone as they tell you their tragic story then taking a trip to the seaside. You help people learn or relearn life skills such as cooking or visiting a supermarket and you sit and listen and help someone through their crisis.

The worst part is to be with someone in such distress and loss of control it is necessary to use restraint. Restraining is horrible and distressing for the staff involved as well as the service user.

The down sides are numerous and a lack of funding in mental health services is making the job unbearable and having a negative impact on the mental health of staff.

Hours are long, breaks are often missed so can be working 12+ hours straight. Breaks are not paid and it is hard and often impossible to be compensated for missed breaks.
Staffing is minimum making the wards dangerous and level of care low.
Verbal and/or physical assaults on staff is a daily occurrence.
Higher management do not seem to care for ward staff wellbeing.
The company seemingly puts profits above care.
Service users do not get the quality of care they deserve.
Hard working staff are not rewarded. Ward staff moral is very low and staff turnover is high.
The wards are in need of major maintenance with cracks in plaster
  more... and holes in walls as well as mice found in service users bedrooms.
If a friend or family member had to be a mental health in patient I would not want them at a Cygnet hospital.

More money needs to be put into care and staffing levels increased. The salary of ward staff does not reflect the hard work, dedication and responsibility they have.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Understaffed

Hi,
If could you send your contact details to recruitment@cygnethealth.co.uk, one of our team will get back to you ASAP

Want to know more about Cygnet Health Care?

Ask a question
Productive and Fulfilling carreer
Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Borough of Barking and Dagenham, Greater London24 June 2018
Have opportunity to excel.

Friendly environment

Flexible workplace

Good payment

Good Holiday system

but Need patient to work with the less privileged
9 July 2018

Thanks for the positive feedback, really appreciated.
Good to see you enjoyed your time with us.

Thank you.

never going back
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire22 June 2018
worked for the company for many years and the money they pay for what they want its unrealistic, getting bitten up at work and no one cares if youre hurt, you gotta work regardless
Pros
Cons
challenging behaviour, management who dont care

Longfield house bradford
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire15 June 2018
Worst place to work. No life, even after doing the conracted hours recieve calls on days of constantly asking to pick up. Managers do not have a clue about the residents other then what they have read in the care plans which have not been updated in the 3 years i have worked for them. Infact some of the care plans have been copied and pasted for numerous residents. The free meals are vile. The team leaders have there favourite staff who get all the good shifts meaning always going out. Overall i would rate it with 0 starts if possible. Team leaders and managers food and enivorement is all below standard. Only good in the company is the resident who are amazing just a shame they live in such a dull unprofessional enviroment. Even within the staff there is always some sort of drama. The staff are the furthest think away from a team. Would highly recommend staying away from this place. All the experienced staff have moved onto to better and bigger things. New staff are clueless by no fault of there own as they go by the care plans they read.
Pros
Residents are just the best
Cons
Long hours, managers team leaders clueless

Hi,

If your face fits you will be ok
Support worker full time (Former Employee) –  Chilworth, Hampshire30 May 2018
Management skills are poor, favours certain staff
If your face fits you will be able to get away with anything if it doesn’t your days are miserable
Service users are lovely the best part of the job but some staff don’t really make any the effort so they lose out
All the good hard working staff are pushed out
Pros
Amazing service users
Cons
Poor management/senior team
Don’t go
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire2 May 2018
Horrible place to work 12 hour shifts with staggered start times management don’t care about the staff constantly ringing so you can pick up and rota you on for extra shifts
Pros
Residents

Hi,

Great team and approachable manager
RMN (Former Employee) –  Lewisham, Greater London29 April 2018
Working here after newly qualified has been the best decision I made. I was supported into the transition from been a student to been qualified. The team is great. The manager is very approachable, she’s Always attentive to her staff and has a positive attitude towards works. She has been so supportive to many of her staff.
Pros
Supportive team
Cons
Parking on weekday
9 July 2018

Thanks for the positive feedback, really appreciated. Great to see you enjoyed your role and working with our fantastic manager.

Good job in a fast paced environment
Qualified nurse (Former Employee) –  UK17 April 2018
Busy at work

I worked in a fast-paced environment

Worked for a brief period but had an unpleasant experience regarding job contracts.

Some good staff, dedicated and hardworking.

The job involves dealing with challenging situations presented by the service users.

Meeting the care need of service users.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Lack of job security

Hi,
Sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience with us recently but thank you for providing feedback.

Not fun
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire20 March 2018
For me I didn't enjoy working there and had to many migraines the atmosphere was very stuffy was only there for 3 days to many up and downs didn't enjoy it all
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Bad working environment

Friendly place to work
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kewstoke18 March 2018
Friendly staff who are welcoming. However can be stressful on body and mind with switching days and nights rota. Rewarding client group who have lots of input from all staff.

Need to have good communication skills and be confidant as sometimes difficult situations arise with clients.

Hardest part sometimes work 13 hour shift with no break. Difficult to eat sometimes.

Great staff and teamwork.
Pros
Benefits/pay
Cons
No breaks
9 July 2018

Thanks for the positive & honest feedback, really appreciated.

Ward Administrator
Ward Administrator (Current Employee) –  Harrow12 March 2018
Very Busy. There is a estremely high turnover of patients. As the Ward administrator there is always pressure to get the job done. The staff are friendly.
Pros
Free Dental Care and Optical Care and subsidised lunches
Cons
No support when taking holidays - so there is a backlog on returning
9 July 2018

Thanks for the positive feedback, really appreciated. Fantastic to see your enjoying your role and most importantly, for making sure the patients are all well cared for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cygnet Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.