Cygnet Health Care Employee Reviews

avoid at all costs
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Stevenage, Hertfordshire11 February 2018
Very week management who actually bully staff, no respect at all, they promise the world but actually screw you for money and try to take your self respect very rude and abusive staff and the management have their lazy favourites who sitt around all day getting good money while some amazing staff get neglected and are all leaving, please please stay away from this place. The patients are amazing people and often comment on the good peoples work and had often mentioned the lack of real management
Pros
cheap food
Cons
everything
Great job with many oportunities to progress
Complience Co-Ordinator (Current Employee) –  Blackheath2 February 2018
I have worked for cygnet for over three years, as a company they have done so much to support me and enable my career to progress.

Since I have started here, I have become a trainer, training basic life support and also a PMVA trainer. I do the phlebotomy on the ward and also am competent with ECG - for a support worker, I feel that Cygnet have acknowledged my desire to progress and supported me the whole way.
Pros
Training is fantastic!
Cons
Parking isnt great
xyzzxzxzxzxzzxz
Senior Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Woking, Surrey23 January 2018
very good company to work.
nice and lovely enviornment
learning and lot of learning
Job suitable for passionate people.
Salary is not up to expectaton
Avoid!!!
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Sheffield22 January 2018
Avoid like the plague, this place doesn’t care about your welfare. From the top to the bottom this place is run shoddily. If anything goes wrong you are to blame. You never finish on time (at least 15 mins after your shift is done) and they refuse to pay you overtime until you’re there 30 mins after your shift is done. Not friendly, supportive, or even remotely well paid.
Pros
Free lunch if they bother making the right thing or anything at all
Cons
Long hours, low pay, unpaid overtime, horrible management, unsupportive team, blame culture, inappropriate patients just to get the money.
Lots of advancement opportunities
trainer (Current Employee) –  Weston super Mare2 January 2018
A solid company to work for, fast paced but lots of opportunities. Good quality mental health provider that works hard to support and progress it's patients.
Pros
Supervision
hard to explain
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Sheffield29 December 2017
Is a place where you could work better if they change the management of the employment. Many colleague high trained but many of them not trained at all.
Pros
good hours
Cons
ways of acceptance of the workers
nice on wards,
Clinical Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, Somerset2 December 2017
First opened, was great, fantastic wards teams, and managers, however old senior managers left, new ones shocking.
Not interested in team work.
just loved there status.
Pros
good ward team
Cons
new management very bad
Hospital on the mend
non-clinical (Current Employee) –  Woking, Surrey24 November 2017
I have recently joined Cygnet healthcare in Woking and the people here have been very welcoming. There is alot of change happening and it is hard work, however the knowledge that we are improving things is going a long way. Very promising future and i'm looking forward to being part of the team in the coming months! I transfered within Cygnet and the Company has been a great company to work for.
Pros
free lunch, staff rewards, sometimes a carparking space!
Cons
Lots of work to do
Productive and fun workplace
Health Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Ealing22 November 2017
Its a always been a privilege working with Cygnet. There is good management in all their activities. Staff are very supportive and know much about their job roles. I learnt a lot from cygnet including team working skills, punctuality, problem solving skills, effective communication, and making final decisions
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Challenge sometime but a good place to work at
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Bradford13 November 2017
Everyday is different depending on the state of service users mental state.I have learnt to be patient,not to be judgmental,conflict resolution,be transparent and take responsibility.Teamwork and good communication is the culture at Cygnet.The hardest part of the job is shrtage of staff that will put staff and service users at risk.The most enjoyable is seeing team effort making a difference in service users lives.
Pros
Sports activities
Cons
Staff shortages
Stressful.
Healthcare support worker (Former Employee) –  Bradford19 October 2017
Of course the nature of the job is difficult but the management and support to go along with this mental health based role is minimal. As a healthcare support worker you are put upon more than you should be, listened to less than you should be and offered little in the way of progression and development.
good company
Support Worker (Part time) (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire4 October 2017
For individuals thinking of having a mental health nursing career within the private sector, it is a great company to work for and it is a place where employee development is prioritised. Although the work environment can be sometime challenging because of the client group, it is quite satisfying to be able to contribute to patients wellbeing.
Enjoyable play of work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Stevenage2 October 2017
Very busy and unpredictable place of work, good mix of people and management worked closely to identify any necessary changes. Due to the nature of the company regular meetings would take place.
Productive and great workplace
Health Care Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire27 September 2017
having worked for cygnet for the last four years i have learned how to handle stressful situtaions and not to let it impead on my work load.
I have become a trusted valued member of staff
every staff are very friendly
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London2 September 2017
the level of team work is very high. people are just like your family and the management staff are brilliant. when ever you require support both within the job or in your personal life they are always willing to support you.
Pros
free lunch
Friendly therapy staff
Occupational therapy technician (Current Employee) –  Beckton, Greater London19 July 2017
Its a lovely working environment due to the staff mannerisms. However can be very challenging at the best of times as with any mental health hospital.
Pros
experience was very good, great OT department
Cons
No career progression for unqualified assistant OTs
terrible
HCA (Former Employee) –  Taunton, Somerset4 July 2017
terrible place to work, the staffing levels are awful and management are never to be seen, the patients have the bare minimum and the care is poor. The place smells of urine and poo. The whole place could do with a make over and the treatment of the staff who do actually try and do a good job is not recognized at all.
Pros
Cons
long hours, horrible food, bad management
Good Place to work
RMN (Former Employee) –  Sevenoaks, Kent4 June 2017
I found the vast majority of the staff working at Cygnet very decent people. What indicated this to me especially was staff putting on a Christmas pantomime for the patients who all seemed to really enjoy the show.

The management (and company as a whole) also care for its staff.
There are a range of benefits offered and they offer good training.
I particularly enjoyed the away day conference in Derby in February, where I learnt tips how nurses can avoid burnout.

The most enjoyable part about working as an RMN at Cygnet was bringing along my unique sense of humour which I think particularly staff and patients certainly welcomed and appreciated.
Pros
Training
Cons
Long Day shifts
bullying culture and no appreciation
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire28 May 2017
Stay away from here, if you want to stay safe and feel supported.
Management don't care and risk of physical assault is high.
Some great patients and staff but all the best staff realise they will be treated better and leave for other jobs or are forced out
Felt very supported and even inspired by the quality manager but I have been told she left as all the good ones do, also had a good ward manager and team leader who listened and were kind but again I hear that they since left
All your efforts are not given any importance.
I have seen lots of staff crying at the treatment they got and now I have got another I feel able to leave these comments
Pros
Got a free lunch
Cons
No support, risk of injury, bad management
Poor employer
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Bury, Greater Manchester3 May 2017
Extremely poorly run hospital, degrade staff, low pay, no ethics. Senior management abuse their roles and work benefits. Would NOT recommend! the company emotionally breaks staff morale hence extremely high turnover. Shocking considering the nature of business.
Pros
None as the negative surpass any form of positive within the company
Cons
Poor managment, lack of respect, extremely poor HR no support or common decency for staff
Official response from Cygnet Health Care
22 May 2017

Thank you very much for your comments and I am very sorry to hear about your concerns. The experience you highlight isn’t consistent with feedback from staff generally and the 2017 Cygnet Staff Survey quoted 80% of staff at Bury Hospital stating they are happy with the support they receive from colleagues. We encourage staff who have particular concerns to raise these with their line manager, or if preferred with their staff representative. We do strive to meet all concerns and ensure we consistently provide a safe, caring and enjoyable environment for service users and staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cygnet Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.