Cwm Taf University Health Board

Cwm Taf University Health Board Employee Reviews

United Kingdom12 reviews
Job satisfaction
There are ups and downs with any job but the job satisfaction you get with working with the patients and seeing them leave the hospital after being ill is so fulfilling it makes it all worth it .
Excellent
I enjoyed every moment of working for the health board and I hope to find another job within the health board very soon. It is a busy place of work but never did I feel unsupported in a way.
well paid
Bank work alongside my studies, entailing personal care, supporting patients and assisting the nurses. This role was to prepare me for my future career in nursing.
Love it
Although I'm quite new to this health board so far I love it.
Never been happier working in this kind of environment.

I've worked at several different trusts including cavuhb abuhb and velindre but Cwm taf is by far the best . The atmosphere is calm and relaxed and the staff team are lovely on the ward I work on . Majority of the staff seem lovely including the rgns the Nas the porters the catering staff and ots and physio .

I think the staffing ratio is good in comparison to other places I've worked .work life balance seems good pay is best I've had and the majority of the patients and their families even treat the staff with respect . I've also been here as a patient and have been treated fairly and have been more than happy with the treatment I have recieved and the way in which the consultants and nurses and Nas treated me.

I'm the happiest I've been at work in a long time and so glad I made the plunge to go back to working at the NHS . Other health boards were not very good and I was hesitant about trying the NHS again. But glad I have. They've even offered me opportunity to progress and will find the first year of the training for me of I wanted to.

The management team seem approachable and friendly . Hope I'm not writing this too soon into my new emploment of one month but so far so good .

Although I will say they do have to shape up on their training and induction because if I didn't already have a background in the field I wouldn't have a clue what I was doing . Otherwise very nice trust to work for.
Pros
Lovely friendly helpful team and approachable manage
Cons
Lack of training and induction.
good
Extremely busy environment with period of being totally relentless
the most enjoyable part of the job is patient contact as well as camaraderie culture with colleagues

the hardest part is the heavy workload and shortage of staff which can make the work extremely stressful

I have grown as an individual working within my role and gaining lots of confidence
Pros
stable job
Cons
heavy workload and staffing level
Medical records department
If your face fits you’ll do well especially if your related. Very clicky place to work and face paced and not enough hours in the day. Management in medical records can be supportive on times but treat you as child, always being spoken down to. If you can handle being spoken to as a thick school leaver and made to feel unwanted if your face don’t fit in then this is the job for you.
Pros
Pay was always correct every month
Cons
Good company and place to work
Excellent place to work, fast paced very busy well organised departments. Good people and place to work. Opportunities to learn new skills and progress in your chosen field.
Getting harder by the day
A very rewarding profession even though the hours are long and exhausting.. Uniforms are supplied but a really good comfortable pair of shoes I'd essential
Pros
Family friendly
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cwm Taf University Health Board?
Friendly
Worked for the board for over 30 years from student to community sister. Good prospects, plenty of support for revalidation. Approachable senior staff.
Pros
Uniform
Excellent place to work
Excellent place to work. Learning new skills and the possibility of advancement within the company. I gained good experience in my previous maintenance role and it has benefited me greatly in my current post.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Good, however not very organised.
When I first joined the Staff Bank, I found it incredibly flexible and very helpful. However, it is incredibly hard to get hold of the Bank Office and I found that many of my shifts were not verified, leaving me short of a lot of money each month.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Cancel a lot of shifts
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.